• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
dammitmattt said:
You know you could've saved your money, rented Dead Space, beat it in a week, and kept your copy of Madden.

Whatever.
:lol Oh so true. You would have overall saved money. Lets just SAY gamestop gave you $40 for Madden. In that case you still payed $20 for Dead Space. So in 3 weeks once you're burned out with Shit Space you have another game to return.

On the flip side if you would have kept madden, rented Dead Space for $10 from Blockbuster (you get it for 37 days for under $10) you would have only spent $10.

So even in this beneficial case you STILL over spent $10 and wasted a lot of time.

Bravo.

assuming selling madden wasn't a joke post

Nightz

daw840 said:
Is he still not back?
Doesn't look like it. I've been waiting for him to play our week 4 game. I've checked Xbox.com and it says that he's been online recently, but he hasn't played a game since last month.

Somnia

Nightz said:
Doesn't look like it. I've been waiting for him to play our week 4 game. I've checked Xbox.com and it says that he's been online recently, but he hasn't played a game since last month.

Your avatar makes me =( heh

Hopefully he is back soon. Would like to not fall behind :D

AirBrian

I'm pretty sure sable is back now (and I sent him a PM), but let's give him a day or so to respond before getting subs. Jetlag is a bitch.

Oh, and Nightz, 10 PM (CDT) works for me! See you then unless something changes.

I came in here because I wanted to scrim against you guys but I see someone has dropped. I'll fill in for him until you guys find someone?

Slo

pheeniks said:
I came in here because I wanted to scrim against you guys but I see someone has dropped. I'll fill in for him until you guys find someone?

Great! Hang tight though, AirBrian did have a small list of subs lined up, but we do have more than one players that needs replacement, and who's to say if those subs are still available. He'll get in touch with you shortly.

Hey guys sorry, I got back on Tuesday but I've been pretty busy catching back up with work and also I got engaged while in Europe so theres everything that comes with that as well. So I didn't get the chance to post here yet. That said I'm all set to take over the Redskins and play my league games.

Somnia said:
So week 5 is against sable for me. I'm going to assume it's a bye week for the time being?

Nightz said:

When are you two available? Anytime this weekend?

Somnia

sableholic said:
Hey guys sorry, I got back on Tuesday but I've been pretty busy catching back up with work so I didn't get the chance to post here yet. That said I'm all set to take over the Redskins and play my league games.

I'll let you get your game in with Nightz first. Post here or shoot me a PM when you finish that game with your availability so we can play ours :D

Nightz

Sable and I will try to get our game in tomorrow night around 9-10 eastern.

Welcome back and congrats on the engagement.:D

Somnia

sableholic said:
Hey guys sorry, I got back on Tuesday but I've been pretty busy catching back up with work and also I got engaged while in Europe so theres everything that comes with that as well. So I didn't get the chance to post here yet. That said I'm all set to take over the Redskins and play my league games.

When are you two available? Anytime this weekend?

I can play anytime on Sunday. Just let me know

daw840

Sable, I would like to be the first to say congratulations on the engagement. Since everyone else in here only cares about their games...... :p

Somnia

daw840 said:
Sable, I would like to be the first to say congratulations on the engagement. Since everyone else in here only cares about their games...... :p

Nightz offered his congrats first! you lose! :lol BTW Congrats Sable maybe as a present I will not play McNabb..ok I lie but still

Slo

Anybody (that I don't have left to play on my schedule) want to sub for the Lions? I'm kind of drunk, but I can still give consent!

woodchuck

congrats man! where in italy did you get engaged if you don't mind me asking. florence or venice seem like the perfect spots

AirBrian

BigAT said:
Looking for clarification. Is it ok to drop a player back off the line on a punt to help block?
I see no problem with this.

sableholic said:
Congrats, man! That's awesome!

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
MWS Natural said:
I still have the 360 version, will play fill in for anyone if needed.

OK, either of you want the Steelers, Lions, or Titans?

pheeniks, since you posted first, you get first choice. If you just want to sub for a few weeks (which your post kind of sounds like), then let me know and MWS can pick the team he wants instead.

AirBrian said:
OK, either of you want the Steelers, Lions, or Titans?

pheeniks, since you posted first, you get first choice. If you just want to sub for a few weeks (which your post kind of sounds like), then let me know and MWS can pick the team he wants instead.

I'll take any team but the Lions :)lol) so if he takes Steelers, I'll take Titans.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

woodchuck said:
congrats man! where in italy did you get engaged if you don't mind me asking. florence or venice seem like the perfect spots

Both of those would have been perfect spots however I wanted to do it near the end (mainly to make it more of a surprise since the further along we got the less likely she would think it would happen) of our trip so those were out. I had planned on Mykonos at night, however it was far too cold to go on the beach then. Anyways long story short I ended up doing it one day before the end of the trip on the cruise ship at sunset as we were passing Stromboli. One of the main problems was finding a time where it was just the two of us since we were traveling with a group and also the places we were going were tourist hotspots.

Birdman02

Slo, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to play tonight. I've been sick all day (AGAIN!!), and I would have a hard time focusing on a game tonight. My Sunday is pretty open, but are you available at all tomorrow?

Sorry to post this so late, but I've been asleep since about 4:00 today (and I'll probably be back to sleep sometime soon).

Slo

Birdman02 said:
Slo, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to play tonight. I've been sick all day (AGAIN!!), and I would have a hard time focusing on a game tonight. My Sunday is pretty open, but are you available at all tomorrow?

Sorry to post this so late, but I've been asleep since about 4:00 today (and I'll probably be back to sleep sometime soon).

No problem man, take care of yourself. We'll get it in.

Nightz said:
sable, you around?

Nightz I'm really sorry, I had to run out last night before you got there. Since I missed the timeslot I said would work, feel free to just tell me a time and I'll make sure to be there this time (aside from 4-7ish est since thats the skins game).

Nightz

sableholic said:
Nightz I'm really sorry, I had to run out last night before you got there. Since I missed the timeslot I said would work, feel free to just tell me a time and I'll make sure to be there this time (aside from 4-7ish est since thats the skins game).
No problem, stuff happens. :)

If by any chance you're available right now, I'm free to play. I have about an hour and a half before I leave my house, so if we can start the game soon, we should have enough time.

Otherwise, I won't be around from 10-1 PST because of the Chargers game and I'll be going out after that. AB and I will be playing our week 5 game when I get home, so maybe we can do it after that if you're still around?

Nightz said:
No problem, stuff happens. :)

If by any chance you're available right now, I'm free to play. I have about an hour and a half before I leave my house, so if we can start the game soon, we should have enough time.

Otherwise, I won't be around from 10-1 PST because of the Chargers game and I'll be going out after that. AB and I will be playing our week 5 game when I get home, so maybe we can do it after that if you're still around?

Ok just message me after your game with AB and if I'm around i'll certainly play. Somnia did you still want to wait until after I finish that game or would you rather get it done before it? If so I can do before/after the skins game.

Somnia

sableholic said:
Ok just message me after your game with AB and if I'm around i'll certainly play. Somnia did you still want to wait until after I finish that game or would you rather get it done before it? If so I can do before/after the skins game.

I can play now if you're up for it.

Somnia

GG Sable...really defensive battle most of the game. If only Westbrook would not have fumbled it near the end we may have gone to overtime =(

Nightz

AB, I know we agreed on later tonight for our game, but would you be able to play anytime in the next hour to hour and a half? The Chargers are frustrating me to no end and I need to play some Madden to release some of this stress.:lol

And I've been trying to send you a friend request for a couple of days now, but for some reason it won't let me. Could you try adding me?

AirBrian

Nightz said:
AB, I know we agreed on later tonight for our game, but would you be able to play anytime in the next hour to hour and a half? The Chargers are frustrating me to no end and I need to play some Madden to release some of this stress.:lol

And I've been trying to send you a friend request for a couple of days now, but for some reason it won't let me. Could you try adding me?
Haha, I was just about to ask you if you could play this afternoon. I had something come up and won't be home tonight. I'm heading on now.

Somnia

Nightz said:

He has you blocked so you can't send him friend requests! :D

Slo

For anybody saying "No NFL coach would go for 4th and 1 on their own 38", the Packers just converted 4th and 1 on the own 44 in the 2nd quarter.

AirBrian

Holy shit, gg Nightz. I so tried to lose that game. Like 8 times. WTF.

FIRE LOVIE!

EDIT: Your D was ridiculous in the second half. I think you stopped me on 3rd and short like 3 times in a row. That stripped fumble was also very nice. And I have no idea what I was thinking kicking into the wind on that FG attempt. I was so lucky you didn't take that too the house.

I hate when there's a strong wind because picking what side to defend on the coin-toss is not very intuitive, and I always pick the wrong one. I need to go Costanza and just pick the opposite.

AirBrian

Oh, and I will be addressing the FB dive play later. It's getting abused too much, so those of you who run it a lot better find another play.

Nightz

Yeah, gg man. I had so many chances in that game, but whenever I would get the ball back, Leinart would want to give it right back. Too bad Warner dislocated his ankle in that game. :(

Two plays at the end of the game are gonna haunt me for a while:

- That long pass to Boldin where he stayed inbounds...I thought he had stepped out of bounds already when he was turning around, so I kinda quit on the play. Good job by your D to keep him inbounds.

- The return on the missed field goal. I got excited when I saw all that open field, but that was a nice effort by Clark to catch up and tackle him. That should have been Cromartie (Rodgers-Cromartie that is) returning it instead of Breaston. I guarantee that he woulda been too fast for that last tackler. :(

mr stroke

anyone got a hold of of Blakero?(Lions)?
I can't seem to find him, and I don't know if he is out or is someone subing for him? he is my week 4 game, but it doesnt look like he has played week 3 yet...

Top Bottom