• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

woodchuck

who's pittsburgh? oh right. that fucker who sold his game.

i'm gonna need a sub for the steelers.

also, lions are still assigned to me.

Birdman02

Slo said:
Good game Bird, glad we finally got it in.

Good game slow....stupid INTs cost me. Next time, I'm gonna try to keep the ball for the entire half.....only 2-3 drives max for you for the game!!!! :D
You'll probably have 1-2 play scoring drives each time :(

daw840

Nightz said:
Cool, thanks. Just send me a message on Live when you're ready.

Give me a couple more minutes. I just bought beer, but it wasn't cold. So I put it into a cooler with water, ice, and salt (Mythbusters FTW.) So just wait for 5 more minutes or so for it to chill.

Nightz

LOL take your time. I won't be able to talk though, the cord on my headset snapped when I dropped my controller. -_-

daw840

GG Nightz. That was a hell of a defensive struggle. My team epitomized the bend but don't break theory.:lol

LJ11

woodchuck said:
can anyone sub for the steelers tonight?

if not....i can sub for someone

I'll sub if you want. What time?

Nightz we need to get our game in some time this week.

AirBrian

BigAT, when do you want to roll? I'm about to play my 2K9 league game, but I'm available after that. Should be an hour or so.

Nightz

LJ11 said:
I'll sub if you want. What time?

Nightz we need to get our game in some time this week.
Well I don't really own the Titans, but I'll sub for them if you need. What times are best for you?

BigAT

AirBrian said:
BigAT, when do you want to roll? I'm about to play my 2K9 league game, but I'm available after that. Should be an hour or so.

I'm actually about to crash, I have work real early tomorrow morning. I should be home at like 5PM EST though, are you going to be around at all tomorrow?

woodchuck

im getting on now. just send me a message on live when you're ready

also...an fyi, i'm putting BROOKS BOLLINGER in the game. no more of that fucker brad johnson

LJ11

woodchuck said:
im getting on now. just send me a message on live when you're ready

also...an fyi, i'm putting BROOKS BOLLINGER in the game. no more of that fucker brad johnson

You can use Romo if you want, he's back next week.

AirBrian

BigAT said:
I'm actually about to crash, I have work real early tomorrow morning. I should be home at like 5PM EST though, are you going to be around at all tomorrow?
No worries. Tomorrow night probably won't work, but I'll be around Saturday except during the Longhorn game and Sunday except during the Bears game.

woodchuck

i survived an overtime thriller with LJ and the steelers, 20-17. LJ had a chance to win it in regulation but his fg was WIDE RIGHT (i had to say it).

and of course, it was snowing like crazy in texas stadium so we both probably had a hard time seeing the cowboy players in the snow. good game man.

and can someone add Brooks Bollinger to my roster in league daddy? for now, i'll put his stats in place of richard bartell...

LJ11

woodchuck said:
i survived an overtime thriller with LJ and the steelers, 20-17. LJ had a chance to win it in regulation but his fg was WIDE RIGHT (i had to say it).

and of course, it was snowing like crazy in texas stadium so we both probably had a hard time seeing the cowboy players in the snow. good game man.

and can someone add Brooks Bollinger to my roster in league daddy? for now, i'll put his stats in place of richard bartell...

:lol

Yeah, good game. I thought I lined it up perfect, but the wind pushed it. That's the first team I used beside the Bills. I played a 3-4 so I blitzed more than I normally do, didn't really have a choice with that playbook. Hope it didn't feel like I was bringing heat every down.

woodchuck

LJ11 said:
:lol

Yeah, good game. I thought I lined it up perfect, but the wind pushed it. That's the first team I used beside the Bills. I played a 3-4 so I blitzed more than I normally do, didn't really have a choice with that playbook. Hope it didn't feel like I was bringing heat every down.

i didnt notice anything unusual from your blitzing.

i'm an idiot too. i had this one play near the end of the 4th where I threw it away. I should have just taken the sack to kill clock since I would have still been in FG range anyway. i was kicking myself right after the play.

also, i was really hoping i wouldnt regret punting on 4th and 1 in overtime.

daw840

mr stroke said:
Daw I can play if your on tonight?(check PM)

Oh man, my GF is home and I got all my game playin done for tonight. I had to play an NBA game and an NCAA game tonight.

How about tomorrow?

mr stroke

daw840 said:
Oh man, my GF is home and I got all my game playin done for tonight. I had to play an NBA game and an NCAA game tonight.

How about tomorrow?

sorry have to work really late fri night..anytime this weekend(sat or sun night) is fine I should be on playing Gears 2 all weekend so just send me a PM or XBL message when you can go...

daw840

mr stroke said:
sorry have to work really late fri night..anytime this weekend(sat or sun night) is fine I should be on playing Gears 2 all weekend so just send me a PM or XBL message when you can go...

No problem, my day today will also be completely consisting of GOW2 as well!!

BigAT

AB, I'll be around pretty much all of tonight should you be available. If not we can get it in tomorrow after the noon games.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
matt and I finally got our game in.

Birdman what is your schedule like over the next 3-4 days?

Birdman02

vumpler said:

It's hard to predict my availability on weekends, but I'm usually on pretty late at night. During the week, I can play just about any evening after 9:30 EST.

AirBrian

BigAT said:
AB, I'll be around pretty much all of tonight should you be available. If not we can get it in tomorrow after the noon games.
OK, let's just get it in tomorrow after the noon games!

vumpler said:

How come every single time we play, every single bad thing that can happen to you in Madden happens to me. Cassell has never been that bad. I was about to give up on Madden for the rest of the year, but after sleeping on it, I think I can continue.

At least the game tonight is making me feel better about the game...

Nightz...can you play our week 1 game sometime tomorrow?

EDIT: I go from throwing 6 picks one game to a perfect 158.3 passer rating the next. What the hell?!?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
dammitmattt said:
EDIT: I go from throwing 6 picks one game to a perfect 158.3 passer rating the next. What the hell?!?
Yeah, I dunno. You've beaten me before back when you were really big into football games. I found myself covering the goto route a lot of the time in our game. I was able to user pick 3 or 4 of those due to user coverage. It definitely hurts not having the deep threat with Brady out, I think its the only reason I was able to contain Randy.

Nightz

dammitmattt said:
Nightz...can you play our week 1 game sometime tomorrow?
I'll be out of town pretty much the whole day today, but I should be back around 8 pm PST. If I'm not too tired I can get on around then.

Or...you can get someone else to sub for the Titans. They're not officially my team. :lol I have no problem subbing for them though if you want to wait.

AirBrian

gg, BigAT. I felt my D held up pretty good and I got lucky to knock out LT early, but I just couldn't stop you when I needed too. A couple of untimely Orton picks didn't help either. :-( Also, Gates is a beast. He didn't have a huge game stat-wise, but it seems like he was involved in all your big plays either blocking or pulling my linebackers away from where you wanted to go.

Also, that was a really weird laggy game. It wasn't too bad in the 1st, got a little worse in the 2nd, was horrible to start the 3rd, then perfectly fine in the 4th. :lol

BigAT

Yeah, I wasn't exactly pleased to see LT go down for the entire game on the very first play. Thankfully Sproles is a pretty serviceable backup and did enough for me, although he doesn't even come close to LT when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield.

I really don't know what the lag was about, that was probably the worst I've ever had it be in a league game. One of my interceptions actually came when I hit A a second time because the snap didn't go through on the first one and the result was just an easy pass to one of your linebackers.

gg though, very defensive. There were two passes I threw straight at Urlacher that I was shocked he dropped.

Nightz

Nightz said:
I'll be out of town pretty much the whole day today, but I should be back around 8 pm PST. If I'm not too tired I can get on around then.

Or...you can get someone else to sub for the Titans. They're not officially my team. :lol I have no problem subbing for them though if you want to wait.
Ok I'm home and available to play, so LJ and matt, if either of you want to get your games with the Titans in, let me know.

Top Bottom