• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

woodchuck

ROMO BITCHES

glad you gave him the award even though he missed 3 games.

disapointed i didn't get coach of the midseason :( i was able to keep the team steady even with brad johnson and bollinger as my qbs. you saw what happened in real life!

Slo

I can only accept the midseason coach award if it's well understood that Childress has been relieved of his duties.

woodchuck said:
ROMO BITCHES

glad you gave him the award even though he missed 3 games.

disapointed i didn't get coach of the midseason :( i was able to keep the team steady even with brad johnson and bollinger as my qbs. you saw what happened in real life!

Am I allowed to use Vince Young even though he doesnt start? I don't believe he is currently injured, just benched.

daw840

AirBrian said:
:lol Drunk already? Getting ready for the Shield a bit early, eh?

LOL, yes and no.

Yes I'm a little buzzed, yes I am waiting for the shield. I just am on my work computer and can't get on LD.

woodchuck

AirBrian said:
Dear EA,

Please for the love of God make it easier to call a fair catch.

Thanks,

Fuck You

:lol twice!

i'm not going to lie, it felt good to hit stick devin hester.

and damn, it sucks when you switch to a player and dive unknowingly. got lucky on that calvin johnson bomb.

AirBrian

:lol

Holy fuck if my controller wasn't plugged in and charging I would've launched it.

Except for the two cheap shots on Hester, that was actually a fun game. Well, except for those couple of Culpepper runs. :lol :mad:

daw840

Slo said:

No, no it wasn't. This game pisses me off everytime I play it. I just can't do anything on it. I continually make shitty decisions, and throw many many interceptions. :(

BigJonsson said:
Redskins, when can you play?

I sent you a bunch of ims tonight around 7pm and you didn't respond. I also posted in this thread on Monday.

Anyways since I couldn't get a game in with you yesterday night or tonight I won't be able to get our game in until Monday most likely, although I guess I could try on Friday or Saturday. I definitely can't do tomorrow as I am flying to VA so I can be there for Thanksgiving. Also going to see the Giants Skins game on Sunday so that is also out.

sableholic said:
I sent you a bunch of ims tonight around 7pm and you didn't respond. I also posted in this thread on Monday.

Anyways since I couldn't get a game in with you yesterday night or tonight I won't be able to get our game in until Monday most likely, although I guess I could try on Friday or Saturday. I definitely can't do tomorrow as I am flying to VA so I can be there for Thanksgiving. Also going to see the Giants Skins game on Sunday so that is also out.

I see

I work Monday night so Tuesday it is

Just finished my game vs. Dammitmaat seemed very was upset after our game and felt that I ran the score up on him; and he's completely correct. Anyone who pisses me off playing bogus ass football, in my opinion, will get the score run up on them.
So if you:

1) Line up in a shotgun formation for 80%+ of your snaps.
2) Scramble around every play with your QB.
3) Roll left and roll right every play.
4) Go for it on 4th down in your own territory when it's more than a yard or two.
5) Use L3 repeatedly with your QB in a taunting fashion....
lol I know.

I will run up the score and try my best to blow you out. If you don't do these things then you have nothing to worry about. I know people can be pretty butthurt after a loss but I just want to play football and have fun in the league.

Thank you,

-The Natural

daw840

MWS Natural said:
Just finished my game vs. Dammitmaat seemed very was upset after our game and felt that I ran the score up on him; and he's completely correct. Anyone who pisses me off playing bogus ass football, in my opinion, will get the score run up on them.
So if you:

4) Go for it on 4th down in your own territory when it's more than a yard or two.
lol I know.

I will run up the score and try my best to blow you out. If you don't do these things then you have nothing to worry about. I know people can be pretty butthurt after a loss but I just want to play football and have fun in the league.

Thank you,

-The Natural

I am going to have to step up in matt's defense. He has never cheesed or anything in any of the games I have ever played with him. I have played in numerous seasons with him and he is always a stand up player. Running the score up is not acceptable in ANY situation. You are a very good player MWS, I assume that you had the lead early and he was trying to do anything to get back in the game, which obviously didn't work. Don't be a tool and start running up the score just because you don't like someone's particular playstyle.

AirBrian

MWS Natural said:
So if you:

lol I know.

Thank you,

-The Natural

Since he can't see this post, I just sent it to him on email and I'll post his response.

That said, it looks like he was down early and choose to abandon the run (9 attempts vs. 24 passing attempts).

When did he go for it on 4th down in his own territory?

Are you sure he wasn't just trying to quiet the crowd and not taunting? Honestly, I've never heard that one before.

Also, I know you're trying to make a point by running up the score because you don't like his tactics, but in this league there is NO excuse for running up the score. None. I don't care what happened. You obviously had the game in control, and we're all adults, rise above it and just take the knees.

Anyhow, I'll let dammitmatt respond...

AirBrian

Here's his response:

dammittmatt said:
1. Has he seen the Pats playbook?!? It IS 80% shotgun
2. He played zone for every single play and I had to scramble to wait for my guys to get open at times...plus he has the best d-line in the game...his style of D kept me off-balance (I need to get better at throwing at a zone) so I was scrambling around b/c I couldn't decide who to throw to...not once in the game did I scramble around in order to hit a player who took advantage of the AI during my scramble
3. See #2, plus many of my (and Madden's!) favorite plays are PA rollouts. Plus, he's exaggerating
4. It was at the very end of the 3rd quarter, I was at my 45 or so, and he was up 11 or 18, I can't remember; the game was slipping away
5. L3?!?!? What does that even do when I'm on the road?!? If I did that it was an accident...but I don't remember doing that once the entire game...what the hell?!?

I could call him out for his cheese (Young, putting Chris Johnson in on returns, making audibles every single play, playing zone every play, etc.)

AirBrian said:
Here's his response:
1. Has he seen the Pats playbook?!? It IS 80% shotgun
2. He played zone for every single play and I had to scramble to wait for my guys to get open at times...plus he has the best d-line in the game...his style of D kept me off-balance (I need to get better at throwing at a zone) so I was scrambling around b/c I couldn't decide who to throw to...not once in the game did I scramble around in order to hit a player who took advantage of the AI during my scramble
3. See #2, plus many of my (and Madden's!) favorite plays are PA rollouts. Plus, he's exaggerating
4. It was at the very end of the 3rd quarter, I was at my 45 or so, and he was up 11 or 18, I can't remember; the game was slipping away
5. L3?!?!? What does that even do when I'm on the road?!? If I did that it was an accident...but I don't remember doing that once the entire game...what the hell?!?

I could call him out for his cheese (Young, putting Chris Johnson in on returns, making audibles every single play, playing zone every play, etc.)

1. Ok
2. Best D-Line in the game? Hardly, learn to read a defense and you won't have to run around looking like an idiot.
3. No there were several times you hiked then immediately sprinted (not a PA) to one side or the other.
4. You went for it twice in your own territory, I was only up by two scores the first time. It didn't really matter but I had punted atleast 3 times during the game on 4th and 1 when I knew I could have gotten it easily.
5. My point exactly who does this when on the road besides to taunt? I guess you have slippery thumbs..

My cheese? Playing with Vince Young is cheese how? If I put my backup DE in the game over my starter that's cheese as well? lol I'll put my 3rd string QB in the next game if you want. Chris Johnson is on punt return and kickoff return after auto re-ordering the rosters I didn't sub him there. Calling hot routes and audibles are cheese? Guess you don't watch the NFL often. Playing zone being cheese? I mix up my defenses you must really had been clueless if you didn't even know when I was playing man :lol

I'm not going to go back and forth with this. If dude refuses to play the 2nd match he should get a loss.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MWS Natural said:
Chris Johnson is on punt return and kickoff return after auto re-ordering the rosters I didn't sub him there.
So yes you did sub him there. You're still responsible for who runs back kicks for you. AFAIK it's not allowed to put the best player at your Kickoff Return position because otherwise I would have smitty back there. He's 99 and most definitely will never return a kick.

Slo

I put AP in at kick returner. He does play back there occasionally. If that's not allowed, I'll gladly stop, but I didn't think anything of it.

There is a rule all return men have to remain as the default selection? Lol that's hilarious.
QB tomfoolery ok, auto reordering rosters bad.
Can we ban subbing RB in for FB or allowing the top WR play in the slot? I think these cause unfair advantages.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MWS Natural said:
There is a rule all return men have to remain as the default selection? Lol that's hilarious.
QB tomfoolery ok, auto reordering rosters bad.
Can we ban subbing RB in for FB or allowing the top WR play in the slot? I think these cause unfair advantages.
Now you are just sounding like a troll. I understand and agree with all of your complaints about Matt however its not sim to put players that don't run back kicks as KR's...

Slo

There isn't much activity here, but the league is still surprisingly active. Most people have 7-8 games played.

Somnia

Ya I'm beat as hell working yesterday and today. We were up almost double comp yesterday. You can thank having 80 wii's in stock going into black friday for that :lol

My goal is to finish this damn thing at .500!!! If only McNabb can perform like the other night (which he needs to stop and go giants tomorrow! :D ) or its Kolb time I'm telling ya.

Top Bottom