• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

Somnia

Nightz said:
:lol
Joke post, right?

Not sure if I can play Madden tonight or tomorrow night, I'm sick so I might knock out early. I'll try to get on tonight though. If not, earliest might have to be Saturday, but there's a possibility that I won't be available either. I'll let you know.

I'll PM you my schedule for sunday on when I get it tomorrow. I should be open all day on sun/mon/tues (a combo of those two but dont know which yet). Get better man!

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
sorry guys. i guess i'm out of the league. i sold my copy of madden for dead space.
Bastard! :lol

<3

EDIT: And MWS Natural, Birdman has out of town but will be back tomorrow. And dammittmatt said he will play you.

Birdman02

MWS, mr stroke and/or Woodchuck...you guys gonna be around tonight? I'll be on around 9 est, and I'd like to get at least one of these games done.

mr stroke

Birdman02 said:
MWS, mr stroke and/or Woodchuck...you guys gonna be around tonight? I'll be on around 9 est, and I'd like to get at least one of these games done.

Sorry guys I only check this thread once a week now. I can play late tonight(Sunday 12-14-08) if anyone wants to get a game in. PM me.

AirBrian

mr stroke said:
Sorry guys I only check this thread once a week now. I can play late tonight(Sunday 12-14-08) if anyone wants to get a game in. PM me.
I should be around after the Cowgirls/Giants game!

bluemax

Banned
Hey I was online yesterday but didn't see Cuban. Apparently we are going to try again today. Is that affected by the week advancing?

AirBrian said:
Bastard! :lol

<3

EDIT: And MWS Natural, Birdman has out of town but will be back tomorrow. And dammittmatt said he will play you.

Sounds good, I guess have dammitmaat add me since I believe he deleted me off his bl lol.

HoTHiTTeR

Does anyone play the PSP version? I can't get any of my EA personas or profiles online.

I was hoping someone would have the latest PSP roster update. :)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
HoTHiTTeR said:
Does anyone play the PSP version? I can't get any of my EA personas or profiles online.

I was hoping someone would have the latest PSP roster update. :)
ugh.gif

In other news, I'm out of town until the Sunday after Christmas. This league isn't exactly blistering through since we're behind the NFL season anyway. Shouldn't be a problem with me catching up right as I get back.

I know bird and I can get the game in quickly then.

Merry Christmas All!

Slo

Two things:

1) woodchuck or airbrian, either of you guys want a game tonight?

2) Is this thing still on? There's only been 1 game played in the last week, and only 3 in the last 2 weeks. I have no problem sticking this out, but I'd really rather not have the commitment hanging over my head if it's never going to get done.

Should we kill it?

BigAT

I'm still very much involved and would obviously like for things to continue. I've got all my games played so far except for my most recent one with Ando which would have been completed were it not for connection issues on my end.

woodchuck

Slo said:
Two things:

1) woodchuck or airbrian, either of you guys want a game tonight?

2) Is this thing still on? There's only been 1 game played in the last week, and only 3 in the last 2 weeks. I have no problem sticking this out, but I'd really rather not have the commitment hanging over my head if it's never going to get done.

Should we kill it?

i'm still in. i think people are busy due to the holidays.

and yeah, i'd be down for our game tonight

Nightz

I'm in too. Yeah I think it's just because it's the end of the year and from Thanksgiving on, people are busy with buying presents, relatives, parties and whatnot. Hopefully it picks back up as I'd like to see the season finish.

Slo

woodchuck said:
i'm still in. i think people are busy due to the holidays.

and yeah, i'd be down for our game tonight

Still around?

Edit: Sorry I missed you. I was playing L4D and didn't see your reply.

daw840

Yeah, sorry about the lack of effort on my part. I just moved cross country and all of my 360 stuff is all packed up and I won't even have any of it until saturday or sunday.

BigAT

So what's the deal with fake punts? I was under the impression they were against the rules, especially as I had never seen anyone even attempt one before. I've never had anyone go for a fourth down against me that didn't line up in a normal offensive set.

Ando ran one against me in our last game. Tied at 14, 2 minutes left in the fourth. It was a direct snap to the normally blocking RB which of course cause the D-line to just completely open up for no reason and it resulted in a 7 yard gain. He scored shortly thereafter and ended up winning obviously.

Thoughts? Legal or not?

Don't know if this will work, but I tried to upload the vid online:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2744034

daw840

BigAT said:
So what's the deal with fake punts? I was under the impression they were against the rules, especially as I had never seen anyone even attempt one before. I've never had anyone go for a fourth down against me that didn't line up in a normal offensive set.

Ando ran one against me in our last game. Tied at 14, 2 minutes left in the fourth. It was a direct snap to the normally blocking RB which of course cause the D-line to just completely open up for no reason and it resulted in a 7 yard gain. He scored shortly thereafter and ended up winning obviously.

Thoughts? Legal or not?

LOL, I tried one fake punt pass in a game. The punter tried to throw a pass to a WIDE open receiver and totally wiffed.

Nightz

BigAT said:

Thoughts? Legal or not?

Not really rules related, but that play does happen in real life. The Chargers have pulled it off twice in the past 3 weeks.:D

Birdman02 said:

Just send me a PM, AIM IM or message through XBL when you want to play.

Birdman02

I'm still in...I should be back on later tonight or tomorrow if any of my opponents are available then. Woodchuck, MWS or mr stroke...I'll pm (or xbl msg) you guys next time I sign on.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Guys I'm thinking of starting up another madden tourney or a small 8-10 man league. PM me if you're interested in either.

woodchuck

so yeah....my xbox can't recognize my madden anymore. my friend's little brother moved the xbox while the game was running and now there's a huge circle on the disc.

i guess i can use someone's disc cleaner but it might be a while till i have access.

of course, i'm not going to bother going through the trouble of all this if the league is done...

Somnia

I'm still willing to go through my games so it is up to you guys. I'm not making the playoffs so if you decide to do option 2 I am ok with that :lol

AirBrian

Oh, and Somnia, you and woodchuck can ignore all my Cowboy hate posts. You two are the only regular Cowboy fans on here that aren't obnoxious pricks.

<3

Somnia

AirBrian said:
Oh, and Somnia, you and woodchuck can ignore all my Cowboy hate posts. You two are the only regular Cowboy fans on here that aren't obnoxious pricks.

<3

Why thank you :lol It's too bad your Bears decided not to show up also. My co-workers were so pissed all day (remember I'm from IL. and all of my employees are bears fans). What a day having 3 bears fans and a cowboys fans all bitter and pissed off at work all day.

BigAT

Let's do this thing.

Option 1 would be my preference in a perfect world, but at this point considering I'm only 1 of 4 people in the league with all their games played, Option 2 might be the only choice we have. Who knows, I'm sure either one will work relatively well.

Birdman02 said:
I'm still in...I should be back on later tonight or tomorrow if any of my opponents are available then. Woodchuck, MWS or mr stroke...I'll pm (or xbl msg) you guys next time I sign on.

Can you play tonight around 9PM EST?

Nightz

I prefer Option 1 since I'd still like to play some games to see if I can make an unlikely run at the playoffs. My Chargers did it, so I still BELIEVE. :lol

But if you guys go with Option 2, that's fine with me as well.

woodchuck

so i just tried madden again after using the disc cleaner thing. no dice. it's like a deep ring on the outside of the edge. i made it to the first play of the game, but then i paused, and i got the DRE.

i'm really sorry guys. but it looks like i have to drop out of the league...which kind of blows since i have two teams.

daw840

woodchuck said:
so i just tried madden again after using the disc cleaner thing. no dice. it's like a deep ring on the outside of the edge. i made it to the first play of the game, but then i paused, and i got the DRE.

i'm really sorry guys. but it looks like i have to drop out of the league...which kind of blows since i have two teams.

Oh god damnit. I was just coming in to post that I will have to drop out of the league as well. Fucking shit man, this years Madden was just not meant to be. I have just moved and can't seem to carve out enough time to actually play in my 3 leagues, so I have to drop two of them. Just trying to play my BBall games is hard enough. Trying to play in NCAA and Madden on top of that is completely undoable. I apologize my friends. Hopefully I will be able to get back in the swing of things when I get my own apartment, but that won't probably happen until February 1.

AirBrian

Yikes! Sorry to hear that woodchuck and daw!

Well, we're still going to finish up dammit! Playoffs are a must at least! I'm going to think of an Option 3 and post back tomorrow.

BigAT

woodchuck said:
i can't even sell the game :lol. the store clerk will probably laugh in my face when he sees the gigantic ring.

For what it's worth, I had the same thing happen to one of my games, very noticeable circular groove/scratch on the disc as a result of moving the system while it was on, and I was able to trade it in at Blockbuster without issue. The guy even opened the case and looked at the disc but didn't say anything about it.

Top Bottom