• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

daw840

BigAT

That was a TERRIBLE game we just played. If I would have been playing with ANYONE other than the Chokes (AKA The Chiefs) I would have kicked your ass hard. I can't even count how many interceptions my guys dropped, or how many fumbles they failed to recover. Jesus Christ.

woodchuck

tough game for you stroke. pretty much the only reason i was able to win is because marion barber is impossible to tackle. even when you read my screens, barber couldnt be tackled.

and i definitely got lucky on that TO catch

also, i bet that missed fg was a killer

mr stroke

ya,trying to play and watch my dog run around the house is a pain. GG man. Barber was too hard to stop :(
no stats either, I entered them into LD then hit enter and got a IE "error" screen, unfortunately I blew out of them game already, sorry...

Slo

Ando and I just played. I'm up 21-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game. Ando has a 4th and goal from my 13. He his Sheuffler in the back of the endzone to make it a 21-14 game. BUT WAIT. I challenge the play, and it's over turned because of Madden's precanned animations have him ridiculously entending his foot out of bounds. It's overturned and I take over and run out the clock.

GG Ando. It would have been even better if it wouldn't have been for that call.

Slo

BigJonsson said:
Slo

I should be around from now until the evening or later

How's about now?

Edit: Shit, I have to pick up my kid in 30 minutes so I can't play play now. How's about 4:15ish CST?

AirBrian

Slo said:
Ando and I just played. I'm up 21-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game. Ando has a 4th and goal from my 13. He his Sheuffler in the back of the endzone to make it a 21-14 game. BUT WAIT. I challenge the play, and it's over turned because of Madden's precanned animations have him ridiculously entending his foot out of bounds. It's overturned and I take over and run out the clock.

GG Ando. It would have been even better if it wouldn't have been for that call.
Wow, nice win. So you and the freakin' Cowboys are the only unbeaten teams left?

Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

Slo

AirBrian said:
Wow, nice win. So you and the freakin' Cowboys are the only unbeaten teams left?

Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

Crap, I was hoping to fly under the radar. :lol

Once again interceptions cost me the game :(

That last one I did not see any of your defenders going for a pick, I thought Boss was way open

Bah

GG

Nightz

woodchuck said:
how about 6 pm pst?
Would you be available to play like 20-30 minutes earlier? I have something to do later and starting at 6 might be cutting it close, so if we could start at 5:30 to 5:40, it would be better for me. If not I'll still play at 6.

woodchuck

Nightz said:
Would you be available to play like 20-30 minutes earlier? I have something to do later and starting at 6 might be cutting it close, so if we could start at 5:30 to 5:40, it would be better for me. If not I'll still play at 6.

yeah. i can play now if you want

woodchuck

this is fucking ridiculous.

it's 20-14 in the 4th quarter. 4:30 left...

and the game just starts panning around the stadium. we can't pause or anything. fuck.

we're going to start a new game. 1 quarter. and he'll have the ball at my 20.

woodchuck

Cowboys are no longer undefeated.

i lost to Nightz 23-20 on a last second fg.

good game. i couldn't stop his WRs or Leonard Pope. he did a really good job of bottling up my offense. the only big play i had was a lucky bomb to TO

man, what hurt was that i fumbled on a punt return with 10 seconds left in the half. he returned the fumble for TD. on the punt return, i dove ahead for the sole purpose of NOT turning it over. instead he fumbles and gives up 7 points :(

Nightz

Yeah good game. I was shaking my head because Adrian Wilson, Fitzgerald and Hightower all got injured at one point lol. That 4th quarter was nerve-wracking with all those bombs you attempted, just glad my D was able to step up.

Anyways, I'll try to enter any stats that I can remember. Feel free to add to the game stats if you remember any of them.

daw840

I just played a great defensive struggle with Dammittmattt. Steelers win 7-0.

POG = Bryant Mcfadden with 4 (yes 4) interceptions, 6 tackles, and 2 pass deflections.

AirBrian

Week 9 is open! Games due Wednesday!

Mid-season awards will be up tomorrow, so get any outstanding Week 1-8 games in today!!!

BigJonsson said:
Once again interceptions cost me the game :(

That last one I did not see any of your defenders going for a pick, I thought Boss was way open

Bah

GG

Hey just wondering when you can get our madden game in, I'd like to get it done either tonight or tomorrow night if possible.

woodchuck

i won't be around Wednesday - Sunday.

I should be free Tuesday though. Airbrian, you want to get our week 9 lions/bears game on tuesday?

i also still have two games to make up. lions/niners week 3 and lions/packers week 5.

AirBrian

Tuesday works, but it'll have to be somewhat early. The series finally of the Shield is at 9 PM...so any time between 6 PM and 8 PM would be great. Or after the Shield (10:30ish) could work too.

AirBrian

Slo said:
So where are these awards you keep talking about? :p
Mostly done. Was planning on finishing them tonight, jerkass! :p

I've got:

NFC/AFC: Rushing, Receiving, QB, Defensive Top 3, Surprise Team, and Coach. I would be done sooner but LD and YouTube are blocked at work. :lol

Somnia

Bird and I just got our game done. I felt real good at the beginning getting two picks right off the bat and scoring on one, but he ended up winning in a very very VERY ugly game. 5 INTS by McNabb...4 INTS by Brees and a couple force fumbles on both sides. I should have pulled a Reid and benched McNabb! :lol

AirBrian

Somnia said:
Bird and I just got our game done. I felt real good at the beginning getting two picks right off the bat and scoring on one, but he ended up winning in a very very VERY ugly game. 5 INTS by McNabb...4 INTS by Brees and a couple force fumbles on both sides. I should have pulled a Reid and benched McNabb! :lol
Madden: The Real-Life Football Simulator.

woodchuck

AirBrian said:
Tuesday works, but it'll have to be somewhat early. The series finally of the Shield is at 9 PM...so any time between 6 PM and 8 PM would be great. Or after the Shield (10:30ish) could work too.

how about 6:30 cst?

Top Bottom