• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

woodchuck said:
god damn. how does a bug like that NOT get noticed?

Who knew a roster update could introduce a bug?!

Honestly, it was probably mostly tested on the internal networks and never in "the wild".

variance

I'll gladly take the Rams or Falcons if I'm first alt and no one's claimed them. Just let me know and I'll pick one.

edit: preferably the Rams

GT: coreyfbaby
AIM: iamsohardcoreyo

woodchuck said:
sure.

GT: Dr Tim Whatley

and be sure to create an account at EA Sports World first and link to your account

I tried to make the account after I uploaded the videos and I can't link it atm. It says they sent a email but I havent received one all day. Had to put in a request to support, so hopefully they can fix it for me. Its just funny cause the videos I uploaded are there under a sableholic profile, just not the sableholic profile I created. Strange. I'll go sign on and send you a request.

Somnia

sableholic said:
I tried to make the account after I uploaded the videos and I can't link it atm. It says they sent a email but I havent received one all day. Had to put in a request to support, so hopefully they can fix it for me. Its just funny cause the videos I uploaded are there under a sableholic profile, just not the sableholic profile I created. Strange. I'll go sign on and send you a request.

I have the same problem and they cant seem to fix it

woodchuck

gg sableholic.

i threw too many interceptions.

but that throw on like 3rd and 16 that was tipped and randal el came up with it really deflated me.

and the fumble with jurevicious early.

woodchuck said:
gg sableholic.

i threw too many interceptions.

but that throw on like 3rd and 16 that was tipped and randal el came up with it really deflated me.

and the fumble with jurevicious early.

Yea gg. I started out ok, but really tailed off and couldn't seem to do much. Although as you said the ints are what kept me winning.

yea that randle el tip play was stupid, i couldn't even believe it happened. Was the jurevicious fumble this one ( I only ask cause I don't think its jurevicious but I cant read the name)? I took Springs completely out of play on the whiff but I did make up for it by stripping the ball.

Somnia said:
I have the same problem and they cant seem to fix it
they just replied apparently i registered previously with a different email, its all fixed now although that 2nd profile will just sit there.

woodchuck

sableholic said:
Yea gg. I started out ok, but really tailed off and couldn't seem to do much. Although as you said the ints are what kept me winning.

yea that randle el tip play was stupid, i couldn't even believe it happened. Was the jurevicious fumble this one ( I only ask cause I don't think its jurevicious but I cant read the name)? I took Springs completely out of play on the whiff but I did make up for it by stripping the ball.

it wasn't jurevicious. he was white, so i just figured it was. i think it was the #2 TE and i guess he was slow as shit :lol

Somnia

sableholic said:
they just replied apparently i registered previously with a different email, its all fixed now although that 2nd profile will just sit there.

Yep same here mine is fixed and working now :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Glitch play getting exploited online already.

BANNED PLAY FROM OUR LEAGUES AND TOURNAMENTS!

bookert316 said:
(Madden 09) The WR Direct Snap Glitch

Play: Gun Doubles On: HB Direct Snap
Playbook: TB

Step 1. Hold down the R Trigger and then press then button of the player you want to snap the ball to
Step 2. Hike the ball

The thing that makes this glitch so deadly is that you can literally snap the ball to anyone and use motion with it
. You can even make a FB Dive type play out of it. Snap To Slot WR Behind The OL: Slot WR With Motion Past TE:

Final Thoughts:
Man defense with bump and run does the best job of containing this glitch. However, I will not sugar coat it, the offense can still gain 3-5 yards and if they break a tackle take it a long ways. It is better than playing zone or not bumping because you can take it to the house in that case.

Video showing this ridiculous play. I still don't know how madden misses these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTPtaQDjdC8

AirBrian

OP updated. I'm still waiting to hear from:

Unconfirmed:

22. BillRiccio - Browns
24. thebigkahuna - Eagles

variance said:
I'll gladly take the Rams or Falcons if I'm first alt and no one's claimed them. Just let me know and I'll pick one.

edit: preferably the Rams

GT: coreyfbaby
AIM: iamsohardcoreyo
So who ya' got? :)

daw840 said:
Madden just updated. What did they fix?
Madden Developer: said:
1. Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
2. Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
3. Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
4. Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
5. Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
6. Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
7. Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
8. The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12405126&postcount=656

BigAT

Question about clock management: Is it ok to let the play clock run down each play following the two minute warning (in the first half) to prevent your opponent from having an additional possession in the half? (or at least to severely limit the time they have remaining)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've got the game, but the sheer mountain of bugs is making me reconsider whether I want to play in the league or not. I'm strongly considering just sending it back to gamefly and saying forget it, which is pretty messed up. I'll give a more firm answer shortly. Assuming the league isn't going forward so long as the field goal glitch is around, I am going to play a bit more to decide if nobody minds.

AirBrian

BigAT said:
Question about clock management: Is it ok to let the play clock run down each play following the two minute warning (in the first half) to prevent your opponent from having an additional possession in the half? (or at least to severely limit the time they have remaining)
I see no problem with this as it happens in just about every real-life game of football.

variance said:
Rams, please.
Done.

Classic_Gs said:
I'll put my name in for the Rams since there open.
How about the Falcons since variance took the Rams? Or you could wait a couple of days to see if the Bills and/or Steelers become available.

AirBrian

Blakero said:
When is this getting started?
Archaix said:
I've got the game, but the sheer mountain of bugs is making me reconsider whether I want to play in the league or not. I'm strongly considering just sending it back to gamefly and saying forget it, which is pretty messed up. I'll give a more firm answer shortly. Assuming the league isn't going forward so long as the field goal glitch is around, I am going to play a bit more to decide if nobody minds.

I would absolutely LOVE to start it this week, but that late-game FG bug that disconnects the game is a major issue. It wouldn't be quite as bad if you could reset games in EA's "league", but you can't. If after this week there's still no comment from EA about this well-known bug that's affecting both versions, then we'll just do League Daddy.

Unless everyone is very anxious to get the league started, then we can start it and just deal with the drops...?

Somnia

AirBrian said:
I would absolutely LOVE to start it this week, but that late-game FG bug that disconnects the game is a major issue. It wouldn't be quite as bad if you could reset games in EA's "league", but you can't. If after this week there's still no comment from EA about this well-known bug that's affecting both versions, then we'll just do League Daddy.

Unless everyone is very anxious to get the league started, then we can start it and just deal with the drops...?

I say we wait to see if they respond...if not LD it is I guess.

mr stroke

MWS Natural said:
I think we should wait until all the network issues are ironed out by EA.

?

these drops are getting ugly :(
played two games with a friend of mine down the street and got dropped both times we played. sucks ass. Haven't had any problems in the last two days, so hopefully everythings been ironed out.

AirBrian

mr stroke said:
these drops are getting ugly :(
played two games with a friend of mine down the street and got dropped both times we played. sucks ass. Haven't had any problems in the last two days, so hopefully everythings been ironed out.
Woodchuck and I played a game yesterday that got dropped in the 4th when a FG was being kicked, and I played a friend earlier today that also got dropped in the 4th. If the game isn't close, there's no problems -- it's only when it's a close game that it drops. :mad:

And thanks for confirming. OP has been updated.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ando and I had a very close game today in the championship for the first tournament and it didn't disconnect. Very random bug and I don't like it.

Speak of tournaments - the first round of the second tournament begins tomorrow and we still have 10 spots open. Everyone should be signed up for it. You could win a prize if you win it all! :D

360 Crew: 2nd Madden 09 Tournament! Starts 8.18.08

Top Bottom