• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

Oh shit! I thought Adams (76?) made the strip, but it was actually Romo. :lol

And watch where Adams ends up at the end of the play. I think he lost a contact and went looking for it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Disconnect Problem Solved

Operation Sports has nailed it down to it occurs with a coding glitch between users using the Classic Camera and the Action Camera.

Everyone NEEDS to use the Action Camera.

Problem SOLVED (potentially)!

vumpler

If two of you are on go try this:

1: One of you pick classic camera
2: One of you pick action camera
3. Set it to 1 minute quarters
4. Both of you score once so the scores at least 7-7
5. In the 4th quarter each of you take a field goal and see if it disconnects.
6. Then repeat the process with both in action camera.

I bet you could test this 3 times within a 15 minute period to validate their findings.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
vumpler said:
Disconnect Problem Solved

Operation Sports has nailed it down to it occurs with a coding glitch between users using the Classic Camera and the Action Camera.

Everyone NEEDS to use the Action Camera.

Problem SOLVED (potentially)!
Where did you see this on the OS site? Good news if true.

AirBrian

If this is true, it would be a lot like last year's disconnect issue when one player would have weapons on and the other player had weapons off. :lol

If you both had the same weapons setting, there were no problems. I wonder if that's true for this year's disconnect issue as well because I'm NOT a big fan of the action cam.

And Denogg, the default camera is the action cam.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
And Denogg, the default camera is the action cam.

Ok. If Wellie or LJ have changed their camera settings to classic, then I can say this may be the cause. If they haven't, then it must be something else.

In that same thought, have people disabled the on-field hints that tell you which button to snap or highlight stick; etc. ?

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. If Wellie or LJ have changed their camera settings to classic, then I can say this may be the cause. If they haven't, then it must be something else.

In that same thought, have people disabled the on-field hints that tell you which button to snap or highlight stick; etc. ?
Oh, that's an interesting point about the on-field hints too.

OK, I've had disconnects with:

Birdman - action
tcvr0d - action
woodchuck - action
Smokey - action
Somnia - ?

I've had my camera on classic since day 1.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:

I run with the classic camera, should be interesting to see who uses what camera.

vumpler

Ando and I are testing it now.

We just did the first game using the parameters I posted earlier. 7-7 as soon as the 4th hit (under 1 min to go in the game) i kicked a field goal and sure enough it disconnected as soon as I hit the ball.

We had him change his camera to Action cam and we are testing it now the 2nd game.

Nightz

I'm wondering what cam MWS uses. He's the one I had the most disconnects with, but none of them were in the 4th quarter. We never even made it all the way through the second quarter in any of our 4 or so games. I use the action cam btw.

vumpler

I just kicked the field goal with us using the same action camera and it went through perfect!

Ando is going to kick one now.
tomashthumb.gif

vumpler

We just kicked them as many times as we could in the 4th and no disconnects! Try it out fellas this could be gold!

woodchuck

so for the league, we should have one camera standard?

should we vote? i dont really care either way. classic or action is fine by me.

Rorschach said:
It doesn't. I've played people with both and it doesn't make a bit of difference. Actually, my disconnects have been with people that share the same camera.

:(

vumpler

I vote action cam. Its in the game for a reason because its awesome :D Adds tons of excitement to the game imho.

Also it doesn't let you drop back for days and days because it takes away your icons.

AirBrian

Ugh, this whole thing is like watching Rexy. There's the feeling of hope and flashes of brilliance, but in the end I have a feeling this will just end in heartbreak.

That said, of the 5 people I've had a disconnect with, the 3 that's responded so far all used the opposite camera as me...

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Ugh, this whole thing is like watching Rexy. There's the feeling of hope and flashes of brilliance, but in the end I have a feeling this will just end in heartbreak.

That said, of the 5 people I've had a disconnect with, the 3 that's responded so far all used the opposite camera as me...
are you at home? Lets try it between you and i

AirBrian

vumpler said:
are you at home? Lets try it between you and i
No, I'm still at work. And unfortunately tonight I have plans right after work, so I won't even get a chance to test this until probably around 10-11 PM tonight.

Birdman02

AirBrian said:
Oh, that's an interesting point about the on-field hints too.

OK, I've had disconnects with:

Birdman - action
tcvr0d - action
woodchuck - action
Smokey - action
Somnia - ?

I've had my camera on classic since day 1.

Make that 4 out of 5! Finally, we might have some good news!

vumpler

woodchuck and I are testing it now. We're just about to kick the first field goal in the 4th when we're both using different cameras.

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
so for the league, we should have one camera standard?

should we vote? i dont really care either way. classic or action is fine by me.

:(
If this camera thing is the real issue, then we'll most definitely have a standard to prevent disconnects.

I prefer the classic cam, but if the league wants the action cam instead, I'm for it as long as it fixes the drops!

EDIT: Oh, nice, Birdman! 4/5!

vumpler

And as expected as soon as my foot hit the ball woodchuck and I got a disconnect.

We just switched to action camera / action camera and results will be posted within 10 minutes.

AirBrian

Can you try classic vs. classic as well? If you don't have time, no big deal -- I'll try it later.

Looks like most people like the action cam anyway...

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Can you try classic vs. classic as well? If you don't have time, no big deal -- I'll try it later.

Lol we could but I'm in full support of action camera :p

Action cam

1. Drama
2. Shakes when people get beasted
3. doesn't allow icons on big drop backs

vumpler

woodchuck and I just did one on Action Action now with 3 field goals in the 4th and no disconnect.

This is getting to be a little more than coincidence. If this IS coincidence my ass should be in vegas so I don't have to fucking work again.

vumpler

We're going to do it again with me using the classic camera now and him action just add further validity to this being the cause.

AirBrian

Just to confirm, these FGs were either tying FGs or to go up by a FG?

Also, did you test XPs? I know in at least my games with tcvr0d and woodchuck, the tying XP attempt is what disconnected the game.

And after you've had successful games with the same camera, can you try switching back to opposite cameras to see if it disconnects again?

woodchuck

so me and vumpler just played a couple of games

1st Game

Me - Classic Cam
Vumpler - Action

1 minute quarters
I scored a touchdown in the 1st quarter. He scored a touchdown in the 2nd quarter (7-7).
We just wasted time in the 3rd.

4th quarter (with about 1 min left) - Vumpler kicks the field goal. It disconnects when he hits the ball.

2nd game

Me - Action
Vumpler - Action

same scenario. In the 4th, we each kicked like two field goals. no disconnections.

3rd game
Me - Action
Vumpler - Classic

same scenario. As soon as I kick the field goal with 1 min left in the 4th, it disconnects.

we were going to try out classic/classic, but we both have to go somewhere. maybe later.

these aren't the disconnections where it says "would you like to continue vs the cpu". it says "you've been disconnected from the EA servers"

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Just to confirm, these FGs were either tying FGs or to go up by a FG?

Also, did you test XPs? I know in at least my games with tcvr0d and woodchuck, the tying XP attempt is what disconnected the game.

And after you've had successful games with the same camera, can you try switching back to opposite cameras to see if it disconnects again?
AB no we did not test XP's however XP's when they are either tying or going for the lead do use the same animated action camera as tying field goals.

Yes these field goals were all tying and going up by 3 field goals.

Here are the exact parameters for the experiment:

1: One team picks classic camera
2: One team picks action camera
3. Set it to 1 minute quarters
4. Both of you score once so the scores at least 7-7 (this was done just to put points on the board, it wouldn't matter either way)
5. In the 4th quarter each of you take a field goal and see if it disconnects.
6. Then repeat the process with both in action camera.

It happens everytime 100% of the time thus far.

I've tried 5 field goals on different cameras and each was a disconnect

I've tried 14 field goals with the same camera under these parameters, no disconnects with the SAME users that I was getting the disconnects with previously.

I think we're ontop of it boys! :D

vumpler said:
AB no we did not test XP's however XP's when they are either tying or going for the lead do use the same animated action camera as tying field goals.

Yes these field goals were all tying and going up by 3 field goals.

Here are the exact parameters for the experiment:

It happens everytime 100% of the time thus far.

I've tried 5 field goals on different cameras and each was a disconnect

I've tried 14 field goals with the same camera under these parameters, no disconnects with the SAME users that I was getting the disconnects with previously.

I think we're ontop of it boys! :D

So new ruling for action camera only? lol

Top Bottom