• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

I'd prefer the league wait until the FG bug is fixed, but I'm open for playing whenever it starts. I just haven't had much time to get a feel for it yet.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
360 Crew: 2nd Madden 09 Gaf Tournament!

When? Starts 8.18.08
Where? Sign up here!

3 spots left, and 30 minutes left! Fill em up so we can have a prize to the winner! Just because you enter doesn't mean you're obligated to win, its just a great excuse to play other Sim Gaffers preleague.

Edit: Closed the Tournament has officially Started

AirBrian said:
I see no problem with this as it happens in just about every real-life game of football.

Done.

How about the Falcons since variance took the Rams? Or you could wait a couple of days to see if the Bills and/or Steelers become available.
Yea I'll wait for Steelers or Bills and if no go on those two then Falcons I guess.

mr stroke

Slo said:
I'd prefer the league wait until the FG bug is fixed, but I'm open for playing whenever it starts. I just haven't had much time to get a feel for it yet.

yes this blows :(
game froze in 4th with 2mins left last night.
but what if EA doesn't fix this? do we hold the legue?
I guess if it freezes then we start over and play the remaining mins and add the old points?

vumpler

mr stroke said:
yes this blows :(
game froze in 4th with 2mins left last night.
but what if EA doesn't fix this? do we hold the legue?
I guess if it freezes then we start over and play the remaining mins and add the old points?
A friend and I who had it freeze twice because of last second field goals decided to try and not get it to freeze so on D we started calling non special teams plays. We tried 3 times in the fourth where it was tied and since I was in 46 D or he was in Quarter it never froze. I can't say by any means that this is a fix, but I would like to hear from others experiences if its just a coincidence or if others can reproduce the same positive result.

AirBrian

060920_rexGrossman_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

"That's what I'm talking about! High five!"

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
So, is Rex gonna get his revenge from the bench next time? :D For the good of the league, you need to start the QB formerly known as Neckbeard.

Yep, NECKBEARD will lead us to the Promise Land! In NECKBEARD I trust!

AirBrian

vumpler said:
A friend and I who had it freeze twice because of last second field goals decided to try and not get it to freeze so on D we started calling non special teams plays. We tried 3 times in the fourth where it was tied and since I was in 46 D or he was in Quarter it never froze. I can't say by any means that this is a fix, but I would like to hear from others experiences if its just a coincidence or if others can reproduce the same positive result.

I will definitely be testing this tonight.

Nightz

I asked this in the official thread, but maybe I can get a quicker answer from you guys...Does anyone know if XBL silver users can download roster updates?

AirBrian

Just a reminder to join the EA league when you guys get a chance. There's 4 people in it right now, but let's get a few games in to really test out the stats. From what I saw, there are no team stats, only player stats. And it's just one big bucket, so you have to manually sort on the column you want for an individual stat (say, INTs for example).

Before officially going to League Daddy, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the gimped EA "league".

League name: GAF Test
Password: gaf (Note: it is case sensitive.)
Abbreiviation: GAFT

And for the few of you that don't know what LD is (or is capable of), check out these open leagues for comparison's sake. :lol

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=529

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=581

AirBrian

Nightz said:
I asked this in the official thread, but maybe I can get a quicker answer from you guys...Does anyone know if XBL silver users can download roster updates?
No, you can't because you have to go to the "Online" section in Madden to get the roster update, which isn't allowed unless you have Gold. You could just take your HDD or MC to a friend's place who has Gold and get it that way.

Somnia

Go ahead and give my spot to the next sub/rep. I doubt I'll be back in time. I just got the RROD. I'll be around for the second tourney hopefully at least. Got to love the timing... bah

Somnia

woodchuck said:
:(

RIP somnia's 360

but it's not like it matters since it's impossible to have a league with the FG bug

That's true at least :D It's been a bad month...first my ps3 gets stolen and I get a new one yesterday and then the next day my 4th 360 dies :lol Maybe it's just getting it all out of the system before the holiday stream of games hit hah

vumpler

Somnia said:
Sad thing is I was going to get the PS3 version originally, but decided not to...looks like I'll be picking it up now :lol
Somnia - call 18004myxbox and have them send you a box. 2 of my close friends just had to do the same. Took a total of 7 business days after the box came in.

I have a feeling you could still get it back before the 2nd week of our league if it starts soon.

Somnia

vumpler said:
Somnia - call 18004myxbox and have them send you a box. 2 of my close friends just had to do the same. Took a total of 7 business days after the box came in.

I have a feeling you could still get it back before the 2nd week of our league if it starts soon.

Already called...hopefully it happens as fast as that. Last time it took a bit over 2 weeks.

daw840

vumpler said:

Get it right vump.....ITS A COFFIN

daw840

So I joined this GAF Test league, one thing that bothers me is it doesnt seem to tell you what league members are online. Am I just missing something?

woodchuck

yeah. i joined the gaf test league. this thing is a piece of shit. even worse than Euro 08's online leagues.

you can tell who's online. scroll horizontally in the standings menu

AirBrian

DMczaf said:
WE TOLD YOU, AIRBRIAN!! WE TOLD YOU!!!111111
:lol

F'n MS! :-(

Somnia said:
Already called...hopefully it happens as fast as that. Last time it took a bit over 2 weeks.

Well, unless EA releases a special patch to fix the FG problem, the next patch was scheduled to be released around mid-September. You'll have a working system by then! :lol :lol

F'n EA! :-(

daw840

vumpler said:
:lol Just lining them up and knocking them done eh daw?

Just trying to be a little more competitive this year. Last year I was kind of a joke, but not quite as much as Sickboy!!!

just kiddin, you know I love you sick:lol :lol :lol

mr stroke

AirBrian said:
:lol

F'n MS! :-(

Well, unless EA releases a special patch to fix the FG problem, the next patch was scheduled to be released around mid-September. You'll have a working system by then! :lol :lol

F'n EA! :-(

so we are waiting until another patch? or still a go for next week?

vumpler

Then it looks like it's league daddy here we come! AB if you need help with paying LD let me know.

As much as I despise it, it appears thats going to be our only legit option of having a true season :(

fuck i hate typing in stats!!!!

AirBrian

mr stroke said:
so we are waiting until another patch? or still a go for next week?
It's tough to say...EA has at least recognized that there is an issue. Hopefully they release a fix before the next scheduled one.

I'm hoping we find out something definitive about this next week. *sigh*

Top Bottom