• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

I played a game against tcvr0d tonight after switching back to the action cam. Tied game going into the 4th, and with 2 minutes left I kick a go-ahead FG. No disconnections!

I'd like to try it out against someone else I've disconnected with, but I'm really liking the odds that this corrects most of the drops.

Assuming this is the correction, I'd like to start the league this weekend or early next week (as in Monday) at the latest to give everyone a couple days to create their League Daddy account if they don't have one. :D

daw840

AirBrian said:
I played a game against tcvr0d tonight after switching back to the action cam. Tied game going into the 4th, and with 2 minutes left I kick a go-ahead FG. No disconnections!

I'd like to try it out against someone else I've disconnected with, but I'm really liking the odds that this corrects most of the drops.

Assuming this is the correction, I'd like to start the league this weekend or early next week (as in Monday) at the latest to give everyone a couple days to create their League Daddy account if they don't have one. :D

Sweet.

2nd question: LD or EA?

I would like to change my vote to LD, since the EA league servers are an utter piece of dog shit.

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Sweet.

2nd question: LD or EA?

I would like to change my vote to LD, since the EA league servers are an utter piece of dog shit.
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/

:D

And yes, the EA "league" is complete trash. What an epic failure on EA's part this year. After seeing what NCAA had to offer, there's just no excuse whatsoever for the lack of effort in Madden.

I'll post the complete LD information in a couple of days assuming I can get a couple more tests in. Also, looking at the LD league from last year, about half of the people here already have an account and are members, so it shouldn't take long at all to get it setup and ready to go this weekend. (It's currently disabled, but the league ID is 2210.)

Nightz

Any word on people who haven't confirmed yet and open spots in the league? I'm currently 2nd in the queue and I'd like to know what teams are open (if any) and what my chances are of getting a spot for the start of the season.

AirBrian

AirBrian said:
THE LIST:

Confirmed:

01. AirBrian - Bears
02. BigJonsson - Giants
03. Vumpler - Panthers
04. Birdman02 - 49ers
05. fmwOriginal - Raiders
06. GCQuinton - Saints
07. sableholic - Redskins
08. bosevan - Titans
09. pheeniks - Dolphins
10. Andowsky - Denver
11. LJ11 - Bills
12. Blakero - Lions
13. variance - Rams
14. dammitmattt - Patriots
15. Slo - Vikings
16. Davidr0xu - Buccaneers
17. woodchuck - Cowboys
19. Smokey - Seahawks
20. BigAT - Chargers
21. daw840 - Chiefs
22. BillRiccio - Browns
23. tcvr0d - Colts
25. MWS Natural - Jaguars
26. Nightz - Cardinals
27. mr stroke - Packers
29. Righty10 - Bengals
30. methodman - Jets
31. Classic_Gs - Steelers
32. Rodeo Clown - Ravens

Unconfirmed:

24. thebigkahuna - Eagles (PM sent 08-20)

Open:

18. ??? - Falcons
28. ??? - Texans

Subs/Replacements:

1. BirdBomb
2. Furio53
3. TheDrizzlerJ11

OK, hopefully we hear back from the Unconfirmed in the next day or so.

Nightz said:
Any word on people who haven't confirmed yet and open spots in the league? I'm currently 2nd in the queue and I'd like to know what teams are open (if any) and what my chances are of getting a spot for the start of the season.
You will have a spot -- that's for sure.

woodchuck

so yeah. maybe turn off injuries :lol

i played a game with ando just now. mbIII got injured on the first drive. out for the game. felix got injured too. i had to rely on Tashard Choice for most of the 2nd half

SickBoy

Alright guys, I'd feel worse about this if there weren't people waiting in the wings, but I think I'm probably out. I'd like to try a game or two online to confirm, but playing single-player is infuriating. Better than last year, but IMO it's a turd that needs a bit more polish yet before I'll be convinced it's chocolate.

Not only does the gameplay annoy me, but I've had a DRE and a flat-out freeze in about 10-12 games. My problems may be related to the fact I've been playing the Cards, but I've been playing comparable opposition.

Slo

LJ11 said:
I'm in dude.

Nice.

SickBoy said:
Alright guys, I'd feel worse about this if there weren't people waiting in the wings, but I think I'm probably out. I'd like to try a game or two online to confirm, but playing single-player is infuriating. Better than last year, but IMO it's a turd that needs a bit more polish yet before I'll be convinced it's chocolate.

Not only does the gameplay annoy me, but I've had a DRE and a flat-out freeze in about 10-12 games. My problems may be related to the fact I've been playing the Cards, but I've been playing comparable opposition.

The chocolate is in the center! Keep eating!

woodchuck

oh. and in my game with ando yesterday, it was 24-24. he kicked a fg with 1 min left to make it 27-24. no disconnection. i was using action cam. not sure what he was using, but it was probably action too.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
woodchuck said:
oh. and in my game with ando yesterday, it was 24-24. he kicked a fg with 1 min left to make it 27-24. no disconnection. i was using action cam. not sure what he was using, but it was probably action too.
Yeah I talked him into switching from classic to action. He's getting used to it I assume :D .

AirBrian

LJ11 said:
I'm in dude.
Uh-oh...AFC East better watch out!

SickBoy said:

:-( That sucks you're not enjoying the game, but I understand if you don't want to join. Would you be interested in subbing at all? Oh, but the high amount of freezes in franchise mode is a known problem.

woodchuck said:
so yeah. maybe turn off injuries :lol

i played a game with ando just now. mbIII got injured on the first drive. out for the game. felix got injured too. i had to rely on Tashard Choice for most of the 2nd half

who the fuck is tashard choice

also, if i use ricky as FB and ronnie as HB in some sets is that okay for this league?

SickBoy

Just to be clear, I'd like to try to get a couple of preseason games in before I confirm I'm done. Hoping I find it a little more enjoyable online... if not, I'll be trading it in.

EDIT: (I'll probably be home around 10:30 p.m. MT tonight if anyone's game).

SickBoy said:
Anyone up for an ex-he-bition game?

Sure. Send me an invite 'MWS The Natural'.

I registered for the leaguedaddy site as well, I hope everyone inputs their stats because it really sucks when they don't.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sorry for the late reply since the league's already set up, I'm not going to need my spot, one of the alternates can jump in. I'm in the same boat as SickBoy, all of the bugs and glitches are piling up and I don't want to commit to starting when I might be too annoyed to finish.

gg sickboy you are really good. One of the better guys I have played so far definitely, surprising that you are looking to retire this year so early.

SickBoy

Good game until I got pass happy :)

The game feels so much better online, based on our game... don't know if that's enough for me, though. I'm really torn. Part of me is actually angry about the quality of the single-player game.

I still need to work on ball placement. A few of those picks were just chucks, but a couple were plays where I felt I should've been able to get the ball behind the defender.

AirBrian

SickBoy said:

The game feels so much better online, based on our game... don't know if that's enough for me, though. I'm really torn. Part of me is actually angry about the quality of the single-player game.

I still need to work on ball placement. A few of those picks were just chucks, but a couple were plays where I felt I should've been able to get the ball behind the defender.
You know you want to keep going! :p

AirBrian

Everyone who has joined the league has been assigned their team. We're halfway there!

Archaix said:
Sorry for the late reply since the league's already set up, I'm not going to need my spot, one of the alternates can jump in. I'm in the same boat as SickBoy, all of the bugs and glitches are piling up and I don't want to commit to starting when I might be too annoyed to finish.
No worries. If you're not enjoying the game, then a league will only amplify that. Maybe the stuff will get sorted out to your satisfaction and you can join in for the next season. You can always be a sub for this season too if you're interested.

Classic_Gs, you are on the clock! Who ya' got?

Steelers, Falcons, or Texans?

SickBoy said:

Well I guess that's why I don't understand many of the complaints people have with the game because I don't play vs. the CPU only online against human opponents. Once EA gets the whole online league/franchises going I really don't even seen the need for an offline franchise mode.

...and yeah it's hard NOT getting pass happy with the Cardinals with those two receivers :lol
I hope you stay with it!

SickBoy

You know what guys, given my work and home schedule and my general disdain for the game, I'm going to pull out, 'cause I don't want to be a midseason problem -- I work weird hours and will have a very busy household this fall, so it could take some effort to take part, and if I'm not fully enjoying the game that'll seem more like a hardship than an obligation worth meeting.

So as long as I still own the game, I'll be happy to play scrimmages against anyone who wants to get to know their team, or play as a sub... I'll check this thread if I'm feeling up for a scrimmage, and if you need a sub coach, fire me a PM....

AirBrian said:
Everyone who has joined the league has been assigned their team. We're halfway there!

No worries. If you're not enjoying the game, then a league will only amplify that. Maybe the stuff will get sorted out to your satisfaction and you can join in for the next season. You can always be a sub for this season too if you're interested.

Classic_Gs, you are on the clock! Who ya' got?

Steelers, Falcons, or Texans?
Steelers.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AIM's

Vump: jason1nk
bonsevan: bonsevan77
fmworiginal: OU543
davidr0xu: linkvszeldafight

I don't think any of us use aim anymore though :lol Just shoot a PM or XBL message is always the easiest way.

AirBrian

SickBoy said:
You know what guys, given my work and home schedule and my general disdain for the game, I'm going to pull out, 'cause I don't want to be a midseason problem -- I work weird hours and will have a very busy household this fall, so it could take some effort to take part, and if I'm not fully enjoying the game that'll seem more like a hardship than an obligation worth meeting.

So as long as I still own the game, I'll be happy to play scrimmages against anyone who wants to get to know their team, or play as a sub... I'll check this thread if I'm feeling up for a scrimmage, and if you need a sub coach, fire me a PM....
Completely understandable. I hope the game grows on you and you're back for Season 2!

mr stroke said:
nice :)
I signed in. is there a charge for leaguedaddy?
also it looks like there is a preseason game too?
No charge as long as you're an active participant of the league. :p

Yes, it's the exact NFL schedule, so there are 4 pre-season games (I deleted the HOF game). Next week will be pre-season week. We're not going to play all 4, just 2 (or more if you can get them in). It's really more for the people new to League Daddy to get accustomed to the site and get some practice entering in your stats. The first couple of times will take longer, but once you've got some practice in, it's goes a lot faster. I promise.

I'll post some instructions this weekend on how to create a new player for your team. The new rosters are loaded in, but there's always a couple players per team that aren't in there to start. It's not too hard to do and I'm sure you guys can figure it out on your own. There is one helpful trick though, when you're entering the stats for the first time, before you hit the submit button, be sure to hit the save roster button. That way the next time you enter stats, your roster you created will be exactly how it was when you saved it, so that will cut down on trying to hunt for players each time you enter stats.

It might sound confusing at first, but it'll all make sense once you get a pre-season game in.

Classic_Gs said:
Steelers.
Done.

Nightz, YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK! Falcons, Cardinals, or Texans?

Nightz

AirBrian said:
Nightz, YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK! Falcons, Cardinals, or Texans?
Not much to work with. :lol I was hoping that there would be a definitive answer for the Eagles by the time it was my turn, but oh well. I'll take the Cards.

Nightz

LJ11 said:
The Cards are pretty good man.
Oh no doubt they're a decent team. I'm just not very familiar with the 3 teams that were left, let alone have any experience using them. It'll be a fun ride though.:D

Slo

Nightz said:
Not much to work with. :lol I was hoping that there would be a definitive answer for the Eagles by the time it was my turn, but oh well. I'll take the Cards.

You've got them.

Top Bottom