• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

daw840 said:
AB if your around you can see how many times Neckbeard will throw to my defense!!
I'm not sure, but I would give your corners and safeties some offensive reps in practice to get their hands warmed up in preparation for our pre-season game!

daw840

I just connected my work computer so I have to upload some stuff. If you are around in about an hour we could play then. Sound good?

daw840

AirBrian said:
I probably won't be at home until 8-ish (CDT). Will you be around then (or after that)?

Yeah, thats cool. Just send me an AIM. I will start looking around 6ish my time

AirBrian

Sounds good, daw.

Just about everyone has signed into LD, so you can start playing games right now assuming you have an opponent (I think 6 people have yet to sign in).

Weeks 1 and 2 are open. Deadline for the games is Wednesday. If all the games are completed before then, then we'll open up weeks 3 and 4. Good luck!

Also, when taking down defensive stats, you don't need to record every single defender with a tackle. Just get down the players with multiple tackles, and/or any kind of special stat (like sacks, TFL, INTs, etc.). You're more than welcome to record everything, it's just not required for defense only.

Question regarding preseson, for the one preseason game that I am going to play should I play my week one opponent or any of the four teams from preseason?

AirBrian

Classic_Gs said:
Question regarding preseson, for the one preseason game that I am going to play should I play my week one opponent or any of the four teams from preseason?
You mean the 2 pre-season games we're going to play? ;-)

For the pre-season only, it doesn't matter. I'm going to go in order, but that's just me.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I joined up in League Daddy. My gamertag is Confushious, because I guess that's kinda necessary, huh. I guess I'm open to playing people before the season begins and stuff.

AirBrian said:
You mean the 2 pre-season games we're going to play? ;-)

For the pre-season only, it doesn't matter. I'm going to go in order, but that's just me.
Oh I thought it was one, but two preseason games are fine.

AirBrian

Furio53 said:
Are the falcons open? I'll play. GT: Furio53
They're yours if you still want them! Let me know ASAP and then sign up on League Daddy. :)

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=2210

League ID: 2210
League Name: GAF Rookies League
League Password: neckbeard

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/join/

OK, the following people still need to sign up on League Daddy:

New England - dammitmattt
NY Jets - methodman
Detroit - Blakero
Eagles - thebigkahuna

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:
They're yours if you still want them! Let me know ASAP and then sign up on League Daddy. :)

OK, the following people still need to sign up on League Daddy:

New England - dammitmattt
NY Jets - methodman
Houston - BirdBomb
Detroit - Blakero
Eagles - thebigkahuna

Atlanta - Furio53 (?)
I just called david and had him sign up. He's ready for week 1 preseason :D

Side note: I got bons signed into league daddy but he just moved apartments over the last 2 days. He has cable coming out within in the week. If its ok he would like to skip the first week of preseason and pickup in the 2nd week of preseason.

AirBrian

Slo, XBL seems fine. :-(

vumpler said:
I just called david and had him sign up. He's ready for week 1 preseason :D

Side note: I got bons signed into league daddy but he just moved apartments over the last 2 days. He has cable coming out within in the week. If its ok he would like to skip the first week of preseason and pickup in the 2nd week of preseason.
No worries. He had no problems getting his games in last year. :)

Birdman02 said:
:lol I guess LD hates Alex Smith....he's not even listed on the site, much less my team!!!!
I'm pretty sure it's because of this picture:

smith_alex.jpg

Birdman02

AirBrian said:

It doesn't matter because I've started the JTO era anyway!!! He led us to our first victory today with 3 TD passes and a little help from The Tank!!!
I know, I know... it's only preseason :(

GG, fmw! Russell has a canon!! Thank God, my DBs were able to keep up with your receivers and makes some deflections.

Nightz

GCQuinton or daw, if either of you want to get a preseason game done tonight, I'll be on for another hour to hour and a half.

And AB, for the OP, my GAF name is Nightz, not N1ghtz :) AIM is jaaaaay1.

AirBrian

Nightz said:
GCQuinton or daw, if either of you want to get a preseason game done tonight, I'll be on for another hour to hour and a half.

And AB, for the OP, my GAF name is Nightz, not N1ghtz :) AIM is jaaaaay1.
Whoops, sorry about that. It's corrected.

BirdBomb

Banned
uh.. ando and i are in a preseason game, 38-3 denver and a time out is called and now the camera is just panning around the stadium, can't move the game forward. god this game fucking sucks.

Furio53

I'm signed up now. If there are open teams besides atlanta still I'd prefer any ;) if not though I will suck it up and... suck.:lol

woodchuck

BirdBomb said:
uh.. ando and i are in a preseason game, 38-3 denver and a time out is called and now the camera is just panning around the stadium, can't move the game forward. god this game fucking sucks.

that's happened to me before. i think if you pause, and then go back, it will let you call a play

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
BirdBomb said:
uh.. ando and i are in a preseason game, 38-3 denver and a time out is called and now the camera is just panning around the stadium

:lol

AirBrian

woodchuck

good game man. i think the difference in the game was the kickoff return for a TD.

and wtf. i thought Witten got that 1st down at the end there

so i was looking at the replays and about to enter the stats...then the game locks up. wtf. i cant enter the dashboard or anything

mr stroke

vumpler said:
AIM's

Vump: jason1nk
bonsevan: bonsevan77
fmworiginal: OU543
davidr0xu: linkvszeldafight

I don't think any of us use aim anymore though :lol Just shoot a PM or XBL message is always the easiest way.

So is no one using AIM? I only istalled it for this league, but if everyones using XBL message then I will delete AIM from my pc.

BigAT

woodchuck said:
good game man. i think the difference in the game was the kickoff return for a TD.

and wtf. i thought Witten got that 1st down at the end there

so i was looking at the replays and about to enter the stats...then the game locks up. wtf. i cant enter the dashboard or anything

Good game. Yeah, that kick return was a huge shift in momentum right before half time. I also thought that Witten got the first at the end there, I was angrily trying to pick my defense when I realized that it was actually a turnover on downs.

Trying to enter the stats now myself, this is my first time using LD.

Top Bottom