• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

woodchuck

there are still a ton of flaws that are so frustrating.

for example, suppose the defense is doing man coverage and not blitzing. the middle line backer is assigned to cover the running back.

if the offense assigns the running back to stay back and block, the middle line backer will blitz up the middle.

woodchuck said:

for example, suppose the defense is doing man coverage and not blitzing. the middle line backer is assigned to cover the running back.

if the offense assigns the running back to stay back and block, the middle line backer will blitz up the middle.

it's impossible to cover anyone in the backfield, period

woodchuck said:

That's not a flaw, that's real football....Not every set the MLB will drop back or help in coverage when his man doesn't go out. On sundays if you pay attention it will look alot of times like a LB is on a delayed blitz but really he was man'd up on one of the backs but they stayed in to block so he is supposed to rush at that point. The counter to this is one of the back's going out on a delay route after the LB rushes.

Regardless, man coverage is very poor this year but the strong zone play does somewhat make up for it.

woodchuck

so is there any way to tell the LB...

1. if the RB goes out, follow him
2. if the RB stays to block, drop back in coverage

fuck. looks like i'll just control the LB who's supposed to cover the RB

Furio53 said:
Natural whenever you want, send me a game invite.

I'll be home in 30mins, we can get our preseason game in.

woodchuck said:
so is there any way to tell the LB...

1. if the RB goes out, follow him
2. if the RB stays to block, drop back in coverage

fuck. looks like i'll just control the LB who's supposed to cover the RB

In previous years when running a man coverage out of Dime or Quaters the LB would drop back or cover another receiver instead of blitzing but I haven't really tested it this year though.

Hey TheDrizzlerJ11 want to get in our week 1 preseason game later tonight? I am in California, so anything after 6pm PST is fine.

we can try but im in the edge of that hurricane atm, powers gone out once today already. I think sometime tomorrow would be better if its okay with you.

Classic_Gs said:
Sure, tomorrow evening?

Might be going out tomorrow night, last weekend of summer and all, the earlier the better, ill send you a pm later tonight too to see if your on to play, real late though. But if that doesnt work the earlier tomorrow the better.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Might be going out tomorrow night, last weekend of summer and all, the earlier the better, ill send you a pm later tonight too to see if your on to play, real late though. But if that doesnt work the earlier tomorrow the better.
ok sounds good.

LJ11

With respect to a RB left in to block, a LB will do one of two things blitz or drop back in a QB spy, all depends on his awareness. Easiest way to test it out, TE cross out of Singleback formation. The delayed routes, blue routes, cause dumb LB's to blitz, leaving the back wide open after he's done blocking. Smart ones will drop back in a spy, and pick up their assignment after they chip the DE.

Me and classic had a hell of a game going. 21-21, 3rd and 5.. im in the red zone and... we lose connection with each other and neither could reconnect to EA servers. We'll try and replay with me up 3 (I failed to convert against computer so w/e) and play a 2 minute quarter or w/e. But yeah our stats won't get submitted for week 1 preseason.

At least it's preseason.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Classic_Gs said:
Freaking EA servers crash in the middle of game with TheDrizzlerJ11, so lame. Great game too. 21-21 deep in the 4th :/
:lol I know I was in the middle of the 3rd in another league I'm in. Such bullshit.

vumpler said:
:lol I know I was in the middle of the 3rd in another league I'm in. Such bullshit.

want to get in our week 2 preseason game in tonight vump? or right now if you're on.

Goes for you too classic if you want to finish that game.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
want to get in our week 2 preseason game in tonight vump? or right now if you're on.

Goes for you too classic if you want to finish that game.
I can be on now for about the next 45 mins, or we could wrap it up later tonight if your free.

variance

Are the wireless MS 360 adapters worth the $100 or so dollars they run?

I think the ethernet port on my 360 is out... nothing I try will get this stupid thing connected to the Internet.

variance said:
Are the wireless MS 360 adapters worth the $100 or so dollars they run?

I think the ethernet port on my 360 is out... nothing I try will get this stupid thing connected to the Internet.
Not worth $100 but you should check to see if GS has a used adapter, I think they run around $60-70.

LJ11

So are we going with the Action camera, because we've been testing classic vs classic on PS3, and we haven't had disconnect issues. What do you guys think?

woodchuck

damn. people are dropping like flies due to the 360's shitty hardware.

i dont really have a preference between action/classic

AirBrian

Rodeo Clown said:
My launch 360 just red ringed playing Halo. Looks like I'm out, unfortunately.
:-( F'n MS!

Regarding the camera...

Personally, I like the classic cam a lot more, but I think most said they preferred the action cam so we'll probably go with that.

There's a poll on League Daddy -- go vote (even though I know what the result will be).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hunter D said:
welcome to the club.:D
Not a club I wanted to be associated with. My 360 had a good run, though; manufactured 10-29-05. I probably put hundreds of hours on it through Halo 2 and 3 alone.

daw840

Are you insane man?? You joined a MADDEN LEAGUE with a LAUNCH 360?!?!?!?! Don't you know Madden leagues are bad luck! You have done this to yourself, nothing more:lol :lol

Top Bottom