• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

Slo said:
This year isn't going to be pretty for me. :lol I just can't seem to get a feel for this game vs 08, and I haven't had a chance to spend much time in practice mode. I may be looking at a 4-12 season. :(
4 blowout wins against AirBrian and Mr Stroke
Oh snap! I may bring in the real AP at QB just to prove AP > AD.

BirdBomb said:
i thought it had always been a rule that you cant move more than 1 guy presnap and if you did move one guy, you had to control that guy after the snap. anyway, i think we should make it a rule or vote on it. no manual movement of any player unless you plan on controlling him after the snap.
Agreed. And there will be a vote up later on LD just for a sense of closure on the issue.

Also, unless someone in the next day takes the Falcons, they'll be a free win since it's only one team and it's, well, the Falcons. OR, we can just sub for them as necessary (i.e. take turns playing with them if you're available at the time).

BirdBomb

Banned
yea subbing for atlanta would be better imho. better than not getting any stats for those games and teams getting free wins.

daw840

pheeniks said:
ohhhh why yes i'll get on now

Oh sure, you can play a meaningless preseason game in the madden league but you won't play the Big 12 CHAMPIONSHIP with me.....I see how it is:lol :lol

daw840

AirBrian said:
Also, unless someone in the next day takes the Falcons, they'll be a free win since it's only one team and it's, well, the Falcons. OR, we can just sub for them as necessary (i.e. take turns playing with them if you're available at the time).

I say we just rotate who plays them until we can get a definite owner. Whoever is available I guess. A guaranteed win would kind of screw with stats. :(

AirBrian

BirdBomb said:
yea subbing for atlanta would be better imho. better than not getting any stats for those games and teams getting free wins.
I would prefer this as well.

EDIT:
daw840 said:
I say we just rotate who plays them until we can get a definite owner. Whoever is available I guess. A guaranteed win would kind of screw with stats. :(
I would prefer this as well. :D

daw840 said:
Oh sure, you can play a meaningless preseason game in the madden league but you won't play the Big 12 CHAMPIONSHIP with me.....I see how it is:lol :lol

:(

my bad. ncaa just seems to take forever and i didn't feel like going through that at the moment. but we will play!

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
Okay so after the game we enter only Team Stats?
Be sure to click the checkbox ("Save currently selected players as default lineup.") before saving your player stats. That little checkbox saves your roster for any future games and saves a ton of time.

Also, once you have your roster saved, you can print out a blank stat form that will have your saved roster in a nice format to help take down stats. Personally, I just use my laptop and enter them straight into LD, which takes maybe 7 minutes total.

AirBrian

Argh. :mad:

BTW, dammitmattt (the Patriots) is currently banned from GAF. Just hit him up on XBL if you have a game against him. He says he'll check that all the time since he's currently banned and can't check this thread. You can post a thread on LD too, and I'll tell him to check there. His ban is until October, but he's a vet and gets his games in, so just have a little patience with him.

AirBrian said:
Argh. :mad:

BTW, dammitmattt (the Patriots) is currently banned from GAF. Just hit him up on XBL if you have a game against him. He says he'll check that all the time since he's currently banned and can't check this thread. You can post a thread on LD too, and I'll tell him to check there. His ban is until October, but he's a vet and gets his games in, so just have a little patience with him.

He can clear his browser cache to check the thread as a visitor but he just can't post. I will keep this in mind though :D

woodchuck

MWS Natural said:
He can clear his browser cache to check the thread as a visitor but he just can't post. I will keep this in mind though :D

you can't view the online forum if you're banned.

and isn't that two preseason games with MWS Natural that didn't finish? just bad luck?

MWS Natural said:
gg pheeniks I think the phins will do well this season.

i think it's time for beck to start. did you see that sexy bomb to ted ginn at the end? damn. it's time for the beck era...

woodchuck

thank god it's preseason and i dont have to play ando in the league.

i'm losing 24-0 right now in the 4th. i have like 20 yards of offense

woodchuck

anyone want to play a scrimmage?

i can't sleep on that note of losing 31-0. jesus christ

and yeah. im definitely going to switch to the 4-3. demarcus ware is worthless in the game's 3-4

woodchuck

ok. i totally changed my defense to a 4-3.

LE - Greg Ellis
DT - Ratliff and Tank
RE - D Ware

ROLB - Bradie James
MLB - Zach Thomas
LOLB - Burnett

i need to test out my new D

AirBrian said:
Unlike the Gaming forum and the O-T, the Online forum isn't visible at all unless you're signed in and not banned.

Ah yeah...forgot about that...

pheeniks said:
i think it's time for beck to start. did you see that sexy bomb to ted ginn at the end? damn. it's time for the beck era...

Naw....I must have put my controller down and went into the kitchen :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
sable or classic_gs? What our preseason game? I know its late so I doubt either of u are on.

Nightz

Patch #2 details:

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. “ActionCam” forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the “disconnect”. This has been fixed…all cameras can still be used as well.

Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online game.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.

Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of the game engine. From what we’ve seen so far, people that have tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have had zero crashes.

3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.

Workaround until the patch: Always choose “No” at the Madden IQ end of game popup.

4. “WR direct snap” exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren’t removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.

5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.

6. Edited players don’t progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute). This has been fixed.

7. Stability issue when exiting Madden ‘93 in CE version: This has been fixed.

8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.

9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.

10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.

11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.

12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring meter that was completely full.

13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen

14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.

15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.

16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.

17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.

18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

http://www.pastapadre.com/3186/full-details-on-patch-2-for-madden-09

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MWS Natural said:
Niiiiceee!!!
eh the camera fix is great. They didn't overhaul the leagues (which i didn't expect them to realistically) so it's still fail.

AirBrian

Nightz said:

Nice! A bit more info here:

Ian Cummings said:
The patch is being tested as I write this and will be sent off for verification in the morning, so we are targeting less than a 3 week turnaround from today for this to hit the general public. (Woohoo!) We will also make sure to provide updates as the patch progresses through the 3rd party approval process. As a side note, as of this moment there have been no changes to database schema, so you won't have to re-start your Franchise or delete any files.

It makes us very stoked to be able to make this many changes for a patch, and do them based directly on community feedback. There are always going to be folks that are upset if what they felt was a top issue wasn't addressed, but I'll state again (as I have before) that we have to keep balancing this work against Madden NFL 2010. The longer we keep going on patches, the less we can add to the following year's product. On a side note, there is also a Franchise stability issue that we have been investigating, and we are working feverishly to get this figured out. We will update on that issue as soon as we can. As for the rest of the items, I personally feel that we have hit a very good balance of top items because many of these issues can actually detract from an enjoyable experience, which is obviously the last thing we want.

And now that this patch is nearly out the door, I figured I'd drop some more good news... We have officially started building the "Sim Madden Gamer" DLC pack, which includes Accelerated Clock, a "Classic" Controller Configuration, CPU Sliders, and Community Gamerpics for 360. I'll state again that there's no promise that this goes through, but we have nearly every one of these features actually ?done' internally, so now we have to figure out how to get Microsoft and Sony to allow us to release them. [You know they're so charging for this. :lol]

Thanks guys - keep the feedback coming!

Ian Cummings
Senior Designer, Madden NFL 2010
http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp?itemID=twoweek_update

AirBrian

There's a new poll up on League Daddy voting on moving and manually controlling defensive players pre-snap. Go vote!

The Action camera is leading by a wide margin, but I'll leave it up for a couple more days since only half have voted.

The injuries poll will remain open until Friday. Just head over to the "Poll" section (under "More") of the league if you still want to vote. As of now, injuries will be on.

I know that woodchuck wants them off cause the cowboys are soft as hell in this game

also I wanted to bring this up, not an issue I had with anyone though...

but whenever it's 3rd and short (like, 4 yards or less) any run involving the fullback works everytime. it doesn't matter what fullback you use but it's such a money play...what should we do about this? i can see it being easily abused.

it sucks to say that you'd have to limit playcalling but there's almost nothing you can do to stop QB sneak/FB dive. or is there? it just seems like the defensive line acts like jelly at the line of scrimmage

BigAT

That's a pretty nice patch. Good to see they're actually addressing some of this stuff. Is there a date on when it will be released?

Does anyone want to get in a scrimmage tonight after 5 PM EST? It doesn't look like I'll be able to get in my 2nd preseason game against corey f baby because of his console internet problems.

SickBoy

Sorry, folks -- my life as a sub is over before it started, got rid of the game.

Now, I'm going to weigh in on stuff that I have no place discussing! :)

1) Multiple-player movement isn't in the rules per se, although I do think it's been an unspoken rule in previous Madden leagues, and given the way that plays unfold in the game, I don't know if it's "fair" to line up eight guys in the box. There are audibles to man up...

2) Regarding sneaks and FB dives, that's a tough one... I mean, really... what can you do? In a short-yardage run situation, a play with the halfback is really low percentage.

Finally, I hope the "hardcore pack" is free, but I don't think it will be. Paying for accelerated clock? I was wondering where that option was... :(

woodchuck

it's possible to stop QB sneak because you know they're pretty much doing a qb sneak based on the formation.

but FB dive is really tough since tons of plays could be used out of those formations

daw840

To address the issue of moving multiple players in the secondary I just had a conversation with FMT (he has run all the 360 Madden leagues here previous to this year, and is currently running the PS3 league) on this issue. This is NOT allowed. You may choose to manually control 1 player on the defense, anyone you want. If you need to move that 1 player that you will be manually controlling before the snap to adjust to the offense that is fine, but remember, manually blitzing with a non DL player is still not allowed. Also, moving a DL outside of the TE and running around the end of the O-Line is also not allowed, as well as backing up a DL member and then blitzing. There are ways of shifting your defense pre-snap that are allowed, i.e. pushing RB or LB and then moving either the left or right stick in the appropriate direction. Also, pushing Y before the snap will give you a few other options such as "show blitz, press coverage, back off coverage, and one other one that i can't think of at the moment."

Again, manually moving multiple defenders pre-snap is NOT ALLOWED, and according to FMT this has been a rule for as long as he has been running the leagues.

edit: In reference to the FB dive, I believe it is an acceptable play but it follows the same rules as the TE corner route. You can use it, just don't abuse it (i.e. every 3rd and 3 run a FB sneak.)

Top Bottom