• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Furio53

is dammitmatt in? My 1st preseason game is against the Pats, and it doesnt look like hes signed onto the league daddy.

Slo

This year isn't going to be pretty for me. :lol I just can't seem to get a feel for this game vs 08, and I haven't had a chance to spend much time in practice mode. I may be looking at a 4-12 season. :(
4 blowout wins against AirBrian and Mr Stroke

I was looking at the rules on the leaguedaddy site but I did not see one about being able to manually move your defenders (not rush them) before the snap. Does a rule like this exist? A league member told me moving my men around before the snap was illegal.

Slo

Based on previous years:

You can:

1) move a single safety up to the line for run support when you're controlling him
2) move a lb or safety closer to the man that they have to cover..
3) move a DL man that you're playing left or right, as long as you stay within the OL formation. For instance, I can do a DLine shift to the right, and just move a single DE back over the OT, creating a huge whole over the LG and C.

You can't:
1)Manually move a DE further outside of the OT/TE in order to circle around the pass blocking.
2) Move multiple safeties up to the line.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
LJ11 said:
Manually moving multiple defenders around can be a cheap tactic.
it's blatant cheese and is called nano blitzing. The only difference is with a nano the user knows for a fact an exploit is going to occur and with randomly moving guys it it just sometimes happens. Regardless its cheese.

Just because it works in the game doesn't mean it's sim ball. The bridge between what happens in the nfl, and how to simulate it in Madden can be difficult for incoming members. As many like to call out, when I came to gaf 2 years ago I struggled with that problem as well. It had always been "just win," not "win, but do it the right way." Sim ball is a lot harder and a LOT more fun. That's why 70%+ of us stay around. And the community grows on you.

vumpler said:
it's blatant cheese and is called nano blitzing. The only difference is with a nano the user knows for a fact an exploit is going to occur and with randomly moving guys it it just sometimes happens. Regardless its cheese.

Just because it works in the game doesn't mean it's sim ball. The bridge between what happens in the nfl, and how to simulate it in Madden can be difficult for incoming members. As many like to call out, when I came to gaf 2 years ago I struggled with that problem as well. It had always been "just win," not "win, but do it the right way." Sim ball is a lot harder and a LOT more fun. That's why 70%+ of us stay around. And the community grows on you.

u on to play week 2 preseason right now?

vumpler

pheeniks said:
tampa bay when can you play our pre season game?
We're still waiting on one of the mods to promote him to member for the league instead of junior member.

Check your xbl inbox. I think he said he sent you a msg. davidr0xu is his GT. (zero not an o)

Slo

vumpler said:

Please explain this more.

methodman

Banned
Wow sorry about signing up so late. I dunno how to sign up as the Jets, but I signed up in Leaguedaddy. I'll play BillRiccio as soon as I see him on.

vumpler

Slo said:
Please explain this more.

Slo I don't really know what you're looking for? Type "nano blitz" into google and click any link. Here are the first 2

urbandictionary.com said:
1. nano-blitz
A cheap ass tatic used in madden to sack the QB. Usually it's used by noobs or people who aren't too talented playing normal.
The only way Chris can win is to nano-blitz all game.

And a video of the goal of nano blitzing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGOavcA-tE

Basically it's just a way to glitch the AI for the benefit of getting a sack. If it doesn't occur on the real football field consistently then don't do it. If you have a slight question of "this could be an iffy call and go either way" then DON'T do it. If everyone is respectful of everyone else with the goal of building a community and not just winning games, everything will come out correctly.

vumpler said:

Moving multiple defenders =! nano blitzing, two seperate things. In past years you could move defenders into specific places to cause unrealistic pressure up the middle but just moving a LB over a reciever or a safety over a TE for coverage purposes is entirely different. Especially when many times the safties will walk up to the line on their own in the game. Still if this is a rule then it needs to be written out and included because currently it is not.

Slo

vumpler said:
Slo I don't really know what you're looking for? Type "nano blitz" into google and click any link. Here are the first 2

I hadn't heard of it before, and I was wondering if there's a bannable adjustment combination or if the AI just says "OH SHIT TOO MANY ADJUSTMENTS AUTOGIVE INSTASACK!".

vumpler

Slo said:
I hadn't heard of it before, and I was wondering if there's a bannable adjustment combination or if the AI just says "OH SHIT TOO MANY ADJUSTMENTS AUTOGIVE INSTASACK!".
My understanding is that it is a very specific exploit. However when people are moving all these players around closer to the line. Bringing safety's down etc. Hit Y and Left and that will bring them down.

I just don't agree with movement of defenders outside of the player you are controlling.

If you are moving a player because he can't seem to line up with his man that's one thing, but most of the time they are being moved for blitz reasons which Natural was referring to initially.

LJ11

Nano blitzing is exploiting the O-Line AI, overloading a specific part of the line with manually shifted defenders, to cause insane amounts of pressure without giving up coverage, ie getting in consistently with 3-4 defenders.

I'm with vumpler, the main reason people manually shift is to nano.

BirdBomb

Banned
i thought it had always been a rule that you cant move more than 1 guy presnap and if you did move one guy, you had to control that guy after the snap. anyway, i think we should make it a rule or vote on it. no manual movement of any player unless you plan on controlling him after the snap.

LJ11

BirdBomb said:
i thought it had always been a rule that you cant move more than 1 guy presnap and if you did move one guy, you had to control that guy after the snap. anyway, i think we should make it a rule or vote on it. no manual movement of any player unless you plan on controlling him after the snap.

Seconded.

Slo

I'm fine with that. I'd really hate to see moving the safety up to the line if I'm playing him though.

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
Fully agree.

Drizzler you ready?? I'm getting on.

LJ11

I'm cool with a safety being manually moved/controlled no further than the linebacker position, goaline being the exception since the safety is so close to the DT by default.

Slo

LJ11 said:
I'm cool with a safety being manually moved/controlled no further than the linebacker position, goaline being the exception since the safety is so close to the DT by default.

Sure. It typically ends up looking like a 4-4 defense. And I'm usually stupid enough to call cover-2 when I do this. Pad your passing stats on me, guys! :lol

vumpler

Slo said:
Sure. It typically ends up looking like a 4-4 defense. And I'm usually stupid enough to call cover-2 when I do this. Pad your passing stats on me, guys! :lol
The problem I have with this years game is that you can't Open up the pass game by establishing a solid running game early. It has to be the opposite. It seems good running games this year are established by poor play calling on the defense almost single handedly.

woodchuck

just want to make sure about something.

in the 3-4 defense, doing a cover 2 is really weird. like, only two guys will line up at the line of scrimmage. Demarcus Ware will still rush the QB but he'll be all the way near the slot receiver which pretty much makes his pass rush useless.

is it ok if i move him where he would normally be (across from the LT).

daw840

woodchuck said:
just want to make sure about something.

in the 3-4 defense, doing a cover 2 is really weird. like, only two guys will line up at the line of scrimmage. Demarcus Ware will still rush the QB but he'll be all the way near the slot receiver which pretty much makes his pass rush useless.

is it ok if i move him where he would normally be (across from the LT).

I don't see a problem with this. Just move him over to where he gets down in the three point stance like he should be.

BirdBomb said:

I just don't see how this could be a problem unless someone was doing it to make create a nano blitz. Many real NFL defenses line up with LB's and safeties in different locations, the auto shifts can't always duplicate this. Anyways atleast a vote will make it a concrete rule either way and not just a complaint. I've played several league members so far and no one had a problem with how I run my defense.

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
Jaguars...same team I used in the tourney.
Well the Jag's don't play like the Eagles or the Ravens in their super bowl run. So would making your sim Jaguars defense reminiscent of the ravens D make a whole lot of sense?

If so then do it... But I don't know how the rest feel about it.

not hating, just playing devils advocate so you see their point.

I always thought that was the beauty of Madden, you are the coach. The Jags run a 43 defense in real life but I feel they have the personel to run a 34. If you had to run everything the same way as real life you might as well require people to use each teams Playbook and not a Playbook of their choice.

Top Bottom