• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
mr stroke said:
is anyone else having massive "disconection lost" problems? never had these issues last year and all my other 360 games work fine online. Some of the Operation Sports guys are having issues too, so I can't imagine this is limited to a small amount of people. 60% of my games are ending is disconects :( and the shity thing is that the connection is still there because I can hear the other person and talk to him but the game either freezes or disconects with both of us at the disconect screen. WTF EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nope

AirBrian

mr stroke said:
is anyone else having massive "disconection lost" problems? never had these issues last year and all my other 360 games work fine online. Some of the Operation Sports guys are having issues too, so I can't imagine this is limited to a small amount of people. 60% of my games are ending is disconects :( and the shity thing is that the connection is still there because I can hear the other person and talk to him but the game either freezes or disconects with both of us at the disconect screen. WTF EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did yesterday (twice), but other than that I've had no disconnection issues since changing my camera to Action.

Giants lost 20 - 7 to the 'Skins

And the game froze for both sableholic and I at the end-replay screen so we werent able to grab some of the stats

My game vs Big froze right after the game so we weren't able to get really good stats. sucks cause I had a pretty good game all around. So if our stats look odd that would be why. too bad the email stats after the end of game setting doesn't work otherwise I might have them.

Also can we get the layout for the leaguedaddy page changed so stats are shown on the frontpage?

vumpler

ab - its not looking good for me and BigAT to meet up. I've been around all day yesterday night and today. He hasn't gotten on. I'm not home from 3pm to 10pm cst tonight.

Then tomorrow i'm at the mccain rally all day. Not looking good, so can you extend AT and I's game until wednesday?

You and I can still get our game on time easy.

AirBrian

Also can we get the layout for the leaguedaddy page changed so stats are shown on the frontpage?
That sucks your game dropped before you got the stats. I'll mess with the LD page later today when I get home. I've been trying to find a format that doesn't clutter up the front page.

And vump, you have until Thursday to get week 1 in. There's extra time this week because of the holiday weekend. :)

AirBrian

241ntqe.jpg

"Rex Grossman is our quarterback."

AirBrian said:
That sucks your game dropped before you got the stats. I'll mess with the LD page later today when I get home. I've been trying to find a format that doesn't clutter up the front page.

And vump, you have until Thursday to get week 1 in. There's extra time this week because of the holiday weekend. :)

True I never really thought about whether it would clutter the frontpage. Hopefully you find a happy medium.

mr stroke

Anyone feel like the D is really tight on the deep pass now? I used to be able to throw bombs quite a bit the last two years, but it seems EA has really tightend the D on long passes. Even if my reciver has the step on the DB its not 100% certan the reciver will catch the ball, most of the time its getting tipped/intercepted or dropped.

vumpler

mr stroke said:
Anyone feel like the D is really tight on the deep pass now? I used to be able to throw bombs quite a bit the last two years, but it seems EA has really tightend the D on long passes. Even if my reciver has the step on the DB its not 100% certan the reciver will catch the ball, most of the time its getting tipped/intercepted or dropped.
:D Fuck the deep bomb every play!

BigAT

Don't know if you're still around vumpler, looks like I just missed you online, but I'll be up until like midnight EST if you want to try to get our game in tonight.

daw840

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Kansas City just beat New England 22-14. It was a nail biter, but Kolby Smith came through catching a pass in the endzone on a 3rd & goal on the 15 yd line. Good Game Matt

bosevan said:
Hey Natural, give me a PM on the times you can play our game. Im available the rest of the night I believe

Yeah I sent you an email earlier, not sure if you got it. I am available all night tonight or early tomorrow.

vumpler

BigAT said:
Don't know if you're still around vumpler, looks like I just missed you online, but I'll be up until like midnight EST if you want to try to get our game in tonight.
How's tonight after 7pm CST?

Or hows tomorrow after 6pm CST?

Or Wednesday after 3pm CST?

Or Thursday before 3pm or after 7pm CST?

AirBrian

daw840 said:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Kansas City just beat New England 22-14. It was a nail biter, but Kolby Smith came through catching a pass in the endzone on a 3rd & goal on the 15 yd line. Good Game Matt
Nice. So how filthy is Moss? I haven't played the Pats yet this year yet.

Birdman02

Nightz said:
Birdman, what's your availability today?

Family time today....BUT the wife is staying with her parents tonight, so I can play after my son goes to bed around 9 EST. I'll post in here (unless I see you on xbl) once he's asleep. Is that gonna work for you?

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Family time today....BUT the wife is staying with her parents tonight, so I can play after my son goes to bed around 9 EST. I'll post in here (unless I see you on xbl) once he's asleep. Is that gonna work for you?
That's perfect actually. I'll be around then. :D

Birdman02

Nightz, are you about ready? I'll be heading online in the next 10-15 minutes...I just have to decide who my starting QB is?!?!?

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Nightz, are you about ready? I'll be heading online in the next 10-15 minutes...I just have to decide who my starting QB is?!?!?
Just gotta vacuum real quick. Be online in about 10 minutes.

Birdman02

Nightz said:
Just gotta vacuum real quick. Be online in about 10 minutes.

Ok, I'm home team, so I'll invite you when ur ready.

Also, AirBrian, you might want to update the OP to show that injuries are on...at least that's what the poll says.

BigAT

vumpler said:
How's tonight after 7pm CST?

Or hows tomorrow after 6pm CST?

Or Wednesday after 3pm CST?

Or Thursday before 3pm or after 7pm CST?

Tomorrow at 6 PM CST works, I'll be on.

Birdman02

The 49ers pulled out a victory in a tough defensive battle with the Cardinals. We still haven't decided who #1 QB is, but that hasn't affected the running game at all. Frank the Tank finished the game with 118 yards, and Joe Nedney took care of the scoring. But, as the highlights show, the defense was the key in this game!!

Michael Lewis set the physical tone early on!!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/386367

Mark Roman made this pick on 3rd and 20 to set up the go-ahead FG!!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/386303

And Nate Clements sealed it!!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/386257

Good game, Nightz!

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
Ok, I'm home team, so I'll invite you when ur ready.

Also, AirBrian, you might want to update the OP to show that injuries are on...at least that's what the poll says.
Thanks! I changed the LD rules page but completely forgot the OP. It's updated.

daw840

I am just looking at LD and 7 games have yet to be played. Just so everyone knows, the rest of the weeks won't be nearly this long. I believe AB said 4 days. C'mon guys, let's get these games done!!!

vumpler

daw840 said:
I am just looking at LD and 7 games have yet to be played. Just so everyone knows, the rest of the weeks won't be nearly this long. I believe AB said 4 days. C'mon guys, let's get these games done!!!
Most weeks are fine. BigAT has weird availability. Some days I see him on at 8 am and then not on when i get back from class. I have board reviews this week (end tuesday) and then a huge presentation for Paul Mitchell on Wednesday so I have a few things I need to run through. BigAT and I will hopefully meet up before Thursday:lol

BigAT, tomorrow won't work for me now. Wednesday and Thursday are freeeee as a bird though.

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Yep. And just a reminder that Week 1 games are due on Thursday. Week 2 will open up on Thursday as well.

mr stroke

AirBrian said:
Yep. And just a reminder that Week 1 games are due on Thursday. Week 2 will open up on Thursday as well.

week 2 is Thursday-to-Thursday?
or shorter week with out the holiday?

Birdman02

mr stroke said:
week 2 is Thursday-to-Thursday?
or shorter week with out the holiday?

Week 2 will probably end Saturday or Sunday. We're shooting for 3-5 days between weeks because we only have LD for 3 months (I think), and we have to get through 17 weeks plus playoffs.

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
Week 2 will probably end Saturday or Sunday. We're shooting for 3-5 days between weeks because we only have LD for 3 months (I think), and we have to get through 17 weeks plus playoffs.
I might have a problem with week 2 if pheeniks isn't available on Thursday. My family is flying up to San Jose this Friday to attend a wedding on Saturday and we won't be back until late Sunday night. So...

pheeniks: Would you be available to play our game this Thursday? Any time after 5pm PST (8 EST) is good for me.

AB: If we can't get the game in on Thursday, would we be able to get an extension?

AirBrian

Nightz said:
I might have a problem with week 2 if pheeniks isn't available on Thursday. My family is flying up to San Jose this Friday to attend a wedding on Saturday and we won't be back until late Sunday night. So...

pheeniks: Would you be available to play our game this Thursday? Any time after 5pm PST (8 EST) is good for me.

AB: If we can't get the game in on Thursday, would we be able to get an extension?
Yeah, as long as you have a valid reason for not being able to make a game, it's not a problem. Just make your arrangements with your opponent, and let us know.

And Week 2 will end late Sunday night for those planning ahead. :)

daw840

Nightz said:

If you guys want to get week 2 in on tuesday or wednesday, I'm sure we could just unlock the week for you to input the stats, then lock it back up. If that's ok with AB.

I'm going to be out of town from the 12th to 15th, fri to monday

That might be my bye week however

Should try and put together a schedule of when all the weeks are in real time

AirBrian

daw840 said:
If you guys want to get week 2 in on tuesday or wednesday, I'm sure we could just unlock the week for you to input the stats, then lock it back up. If that's ok with AB.
Not a problem at all. :)

This brings up another point...any time all the games get played before the deadline, the week will advance early.

Top Bottom