• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Do you just use regular embed code to embed a flash video onto your league daddy team news page?

AirBrian

Slo said:
Why didn't we get stats for Detroit/Baltimore?
I too would like to know this.

And SD has no player stats?

vumpler said:
Do you just use regular embed code to embed a flash video onto your league daddy team news page?
You have to use the [flash] [/flash] tags. Also, for YouTube you have to use the actual video link, and not the YouTube flash link. So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs will not work. But...

http://www.youtube.com/v/9rFx6OFooCs will work.

vumpler

AirBrian said:

He stayed on for a while so i figured he was putting them in. We had a disconnect at the beginning of the 3rd. It's in the video I put together. It will be posted in the next couple of hours. I'm going to try and make clips every week of all the big plays in my games. Always fun to see what happens in others games. You'll get to see Vincent Jackson completely destroy man coverage

AirBrian said:
You have to use the [flash] [/flash] tags. Also, for YouTube you have to use the actual video link, and not the YouTube flash link. So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs will not work. But...

http://www.youtube.com/v/9rFx6OFooCs will work.
Thanks I was wondering how to do it. :D

woodchuck

FUCK

it was 10-7 cowboys. cleveland was about to kick a tying field goal at the beginning of the 4th. disconnected...

i have a feeling billriccio is using classic cam...

Bill:

Do you want to do a one Q game. 10-10. Cowboys get ball.

woodchuck

good game.

your oline dominated my dline. like, i was doing engage eights and a bunch of blitzes up the middle, and there were still huge running holes.

and i did an all out blitz and your qb was still able to hit braylon edwards for a 20 yard out (on the play that i roughed your passer)

and fuck. i was trying find hail mary in the playbook, and the play clock ran out, and time expired.

yeah it was a pretty good game. I rode Lewis into the ground in the second half. My D did a good job against the run. I got lucky at the end of the first half, if you would have scored i really could have been screwed. Really close good game.

vumpler

AB

Remember last year when FMT hosted league daddy? He used a template where when everyone put up their own team news it updated on the site front page. Is that possible this year?

methodman

Banned
woww wtf man i think my wireless connection is fucking up or something to xbl.

the first time i was still connected because I was streamin music, but this time fuck...

AirBrian

vumpler said:
AB

Remember last year when FMT hosted league daddy? He used a template where when everyone put up their own team news it updated on the site front page. Is that possible this year?
Yeah, it's still there but I have to set team news to display on the front page. :)

I'll try messing with it...I just don't want the front page too cluttered.

EDIT: You can use the tags in the game recap section of the game results instead of team news. That way it'll show up automatically under the score on the front page. I'd rather that since very few people actually create team news articles.

BigAT

AirBrian said:

So I screwed up here. We got disconnected midway through the 3rd quarter and I quit to re-host the game as I was the home team. I was over thinking things and it never occurred to me to record my team stats at that point. I was under the impression that stats were a wash if there was a disconnect (that's how it seemed like people were treating it during preseason). Chalk it up to this being my first season I guess.

Anyway, do you want me to extrapolate what I can from the team stats and put together some player stats? I have a pretty good idea of how everything went, obviously it wouldn't be 100% accurate but it would certainly provide a fair impression of how the game went.

vumpler

BigAT said:
So I screwed up here. We got disconnected midway through the 3rd quarter and I quit to re-host the game as I was the home team. I was over thinking things and it never occurred to me to record my team stats at that point. I was under the impression that stats were a wash if there was a disconnect (that's how it seemed like people were treating it during preseason). Chalk it up to this being my first season I guess.

Anyway, do you want me to extrapolate what I can from the team stats and put together some player stats? I have a pretty good idea of how everything went, obviously it wouldn't be 100% accurate but it would certainly provide a fair impression of how the game went.
Also AT watch the video I posted of our game. http://www.vimeo.com/1655047

It helps with how many yards your Vjax TD was (great play by the way.) It also shows other highlights.

I went though and wrote down all the major game changing throws. I actually counted up all the yards thrown etc so my stats are pretty much dead on give or take 5 yards on each player.

For yours though I entered your total yards thown etc. Hopefully that will help you. Because when I watched the recording at half time it showed me how many yards you had etc.

BigAT

vumpler said:
Also AT watch the video I posted of our game. http://www.vimeo.com/1655047

It helps with how many yards your Vjax TD was (great play by the way.) It also shows other highlights.

I went though and wrote down all the major game changing throws. I actually counted up all the yards thrown etc so my stats are pretty much dead on give or take 5 yards on each player.

For yours though I entered your total yards thown etc. Hopefully that will help you. Because when I watched the recording at half time it showed me how many yards you had etc.

Thanks, I think I got most of the big stuff already but this definitely will help.
But no thanks for making me watch that punt return fumble again. God, I wanted to punch myself in the face after that.

Very well put together video for sure.

Slo

It looks like there's still 4 games to be played before the week can advance. Let's get 'em played peoples!

vumpler

fmw's game with ando will be played when he gets off work tonight.

Bonsevan will have his in when he gets out of school i think he said.

daw840

Alright we are close. Only 3 games left to play. Just a reminder, the deadline is tomorrow!

vumpler said:
fmw's game with ando will be played when he gets off work tonight.

Bonsevan will have his in when he gets out of school i think he said.

Are these games actually getting done?

AirBrian

Denver (Andokuky) at Oakland (fmworiginal) - This game is being played right now. :D

New York (Method) at Miami (pheeniks) - Disconnect last night...there was supposed to be another attempt tonight?

St. Louis (corey f baby) at Philadelphia (TheDrizzlerJ11) - "corey f baby - Last online 77 days ago." :-(

Week 2 is sooo close!

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Denver (Andokuky) at Oakland (fmworiginal) - This game is being played right now. :D

New York (Method) at Miami (pheeniks) - Disconnect last night...there was supposed to be another attempt tonight?

St. Louis (corey f baby) at Philadelphia (TheDrizzlerJ11) - "corey f baby - Last online 77 days ago." :-(

Week 2 is sooo close!
ab i want to play our game now :(

It'll prolly have to wait until this weekend though.

AirBrian

vumpler said:
ab i want to play our game now :(
Man, my schedule is crap for the next few days. :-( Work is nuts this week and a buddy is coming in from out of town tomorrow. Later Friday night should work, Saturday during the day will work (before 5PM, I have plans at 7PM), and Sunday evening should work. Let me know what works for you. I've got a little sumpin' sumpin' for Stevie! :p

EDIT: Oh crap, wait. Sunday evening will not work because I'll be watching the BEARS!

daw840

AirBrian said:

This is slightly upsetting. It seems his last post here was 8-31, and he really doesn't post much at all (.32 posts per day). :(

woodchuck

so yeah...about coreyfaby. what are we going to do? try to get a replacement?

Jacksonville 40 at Tennessee 34 (OT)

isn't jags-titans supposed to be a defensive struggle?

holy shit. both teams have a 3rd down conversion rate above 100% !

AirBrian

variance AKA corey f baby said:
Are the wireless MS 360 adapters worth the $100 or so dollars they run?

I think the ethernet port on my 360 is out... nothing I try will get this stupid thing connected to the Internet.
:-(

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Later Friday night should work, Saturday during the day will work (before 5PM, I have plans at 7PM)
Friday night is bad for me, my wife and I are going to a comedy club to see a guy she knows perform, however I'm available all morning and up until 5pm CST.

Saturday
I'm going to the BMW Championship, PGA, here in St. Louis all day. Patient of mine had tickets and can't go so she gave them to me.

Sunday night works but you can't play then D:

AirBrian said:
I've got a little sumpin' sumpin' for Stevie! :p
Never! :D

Edit: I'm free now to play it early?

AirBrian

vumpler said:
Friday night is bad for me, my wife and I are going to a comedy club to see a guy she knows perform, however I'm available all morning and up until 5pm CST.

Saturday
I'm going to the BMW Championship, PGA, here in St. Louis all day. Patient of mine had tickets and can't go so she gave them to me.

Sunday night works but you can't play then D:

Never! :D

Edit: I'm free now to play it early?
We can figure something out on Sunday. :)

woodchuck said:
so yeah...about coreyfaby. what are we going to do? try to get a replacement?

Jacksonville 40 at Tennessee 34 (OT)

isn't jags-titans supposed to be a defensive struggle?

holy shit. both teams have a 3rd down conversion rate above 100% !

You probably are looking at the redzone scoring percentage, the 3rd down rate for the game was:
Jags 83.3%
TEN 66.7%

We really couldn't stop each other, the RB's are so juiced up on All-Pro it's ridiculous. In past years they would make the blocking better but it seems as though in this years game they just make the RB's break more tackles. Anyways gg to Bonsevan, he should do well this season.

Slo

Since we've got every indication that corey f baby won't be around, and it's the last day of the first week, I think that we need to move on without him. Until a replacement is found, or until he shows back up, the Rams can be played by a volunteer every week.

If you're interested and can work out a time with TheDrizzler, post here and one of the LD commishes will give you temporary access to the Rams team.

Nightz

pheeniks, did you get my PM? Would you be able to play our week 2 game today? I"ll be out of town all weekend so I'd like to get our game in as soon as possible. I get home from work around 5pm PST, so anytime after that would be great.

AirBrian

Slo said:
Since we've got every indication that corey f baby won't be around, and it's the last day of the first week, I think that we need to move on without him. Until a replacement is found, or until he shows back up, the Rams can be played by a volunteer every week.

If you're interested and can work out a time with TheDrizzler, post here and one of the LD commishes will give you temporary access to the Rams team.
Agreed. I did send him a PM so we'll see of be responds to that, but let's go ahead and get subs.

Week 2 is now open and Week 1 awards will be up tomorrow (or maybe tonight)!

Nightz said:
pheeniks, did you get my PM? Would you be able to play our week 2 game today? I"ll be out of town all weekend so I'd like to get our game in as soon as possible. I get home from work around 5pm PST, so anytime after that would be great.

Oh shit I'm sorry, I did. I was pre-occupied with my week 1 game..

we could try this after the skins-giants game?

Nightz

pheeniks said:
Oh shit I'm sorry, I did. I was pre-occupied with my week 1 game..

we could try this after the skins-giants game?
No worries, after the game is fine. I'll send you a friend request when I get home.

BirdBomb when will you be available for our week 2 game? I can't do tonight unless its after the skins giants game and that might be too late. I'll be gone on Sunday (won tickets to the Bills opener, meh its free). So are you available Saturday or Friday?

Top Bottom