• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Anyone up for a scrimmage? Preferably someone I haven't played. Seems like I keep playin the same 3 guys over and over :lol

AirBrian

SickBoy said:
Sorry, folks -- my life as a sub is over before it started, got rid of the game.

Now, I'm going to weigh in on stuff that I have no place discussing! :)

1) Multiple-player movement isn't in the rules per se, although I do think it's been an unspoken rule in previous Madden leagues, and given the way that plays unfold in the game, I don't know if it's "fair" to line up eight guys in the box. There are audibles to man up...

2) Regarding sneaks and FB dives, that's a tough one... I mean, really... what can you do? In a short-yardage run situation, a play with the halfback is really low percentage.

Finally, I hope the "hardcore pack" is free, but I don't think it will be. Paying for accelerated clock? I was wondering where that option was... :(
daw840 said:
To address the issue of moving multiple players in the secondary I just had a conversation with FMT (he has run all the 360 Madden leagues here previous to this year, and is currently running the PS3 league) on this issue. This is NOT allowed. You may choose to manually control 1 player on the defense, anyone you want. If you need to move that 1 player that you will be manually controlling before the snap to adjust to the offense that is fine, but remember, manually blitzing with a non DL player is still not allowed. Also, moving a DL outside of the TE and running around the end of the O-Line is also not allowed, as well as backing up a DL member and then blitzing. There are ways of shifting your defense pre-snap that are allowed, i.e. pushing RB or LB and then moving either the left or right stick in the appropriate direction. Also, pushing Y before the snap will give you a few other options such as "show blitz, press coverage, back off coverage, and one other one that i can't think of at the moment."

Again, manually moving multiple defenders pre-snap is NOT ALLOWED, and according to FMT this has been a rule for as long as he has been running the leagues.

edit: In reference to the FB dive, I believe it is an acceptable play but it follows the same rules as the TE corner route. You can use it, just don't abuse it (i.e. every 3rd and 3 run a FB sneak.)
Yep, FB dive isn't banned, but if it gets abused it will be without a doubt. Let's not cheese it up, folks!

BirdBomb said:
So apparently the NO owner dropped? who do i play for my week 2 preseason game?
Owner pending... I'll play with them later if you're around.

daw840

There seems to be a lot of preseason games in week 1 and 2 still unplayed. It has been unlocked now for quite a few days. C'mon people. Just ask yourself one question. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOOOOOTTTBAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!

BirdBomb

Banned
im down for a scrimmage woodchuck. this is the Texans.

Or if anyone else wants to scrim. Hit me up on Live, name is Bird F3c3s

woodchuck

EA really needs to get their shit together

me and birdbomb played 2 games

1st game: we lost connection with our opponent midway through the 2nd quarter

2nd game: same thing happened

neither one of us was disconnected from Live or anything

vumpler

woodchuck said:
EA really needs to get their shit together

me and birdbomb played 2 games

1st game: we lost connection with our opponent midway through the 2nd quarter

2nd game: same thing happened

neither one of us was disconnected from Live or anything
I still have a huge feeling that even with league daddy over half of the teams in the league at one point or another will be disconnected early in the 4th or something and us not being able to enter the stats accurately. Which will completely defeat the purpose of tracking them all together.

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
why are we not using the EA leagues?
I'm not sure I'm in 2 EA leagues and they are both working great. Haven't had any problems. When a game gets disconnected you get the option of Count it or Don't Count it. So if you don't count it you just replay it.

I'm loving it.

vumpler

Out of all the years, this one feels the more realistic and needed for user catches. Sometimes when its 1 on 1 coverage the cpu defense just makes a huge jump infront of the WR for picks. Its so frustrating and unrealistic almost every time.

I've been messing with user catch and no its not everytime a catch but at LEAST it prevents the cpu or defensive player from doing some insane pick when the WR should have it.

For example, using "A" to swat doesn't work for shit on offense this year. If I hit "Y" at least when he goes for the attempt to catch it, it causes an incomplete instead of a pick.

I'm not talking about situations where its an obvious pick and you sneak infront for some spiderman cheese catch. I'm talking about legit sim situations where the WR should catch it or it be incomplete.

Can we vote on potential sim use of user catch from time to time? Maybe 2 user catches a game is the MAX and at 3 its a loss or something? It feels like we need some offset for sometimes silly WR AI.

daw840

vumpler said:
Out of all the years, this one feels the more realistic and needed for user catches. Sometimes when its 1 on 1 coverage the cpu defense just makes a huge jump infront of the WR for picks. Its so frustrating and unrealistic almost every time.

I've been messing with user catch and no its not everytime a catch but at LEAST it prevents the cpu or defensive player from doing some insane pick when the WR should have it.

For example, using "A" to swat doesn't work for shit on offense this year. If I hit "Y" at least when he goes for the attempt to catch it, it causes an incomplete instead of a pick.

I'm not talking about situations where its an obvious pick and you sneak infront for some spiderman cheese catch. I'm talking about legit sim situations where the WR should catch it or it be incomplete.

Can we vote on potential sim use of user catch from time to time? Maybe 2 user catches a game is the MAX and at 3 its a loss or something? It feels like we need some offset for sometimes silly WR AI.

That sounds fine to me, but how would we actually police the rule of only 2 user catches a game?

vumpler

daw840 said:
That sounds fine to me, but how would we actually police the rule of only 2 user catches a game?
The other user. its obvious when its a user catch because at the top of the screen it drops down a bar that says "user catch" or "possession catch"

You could always stop and message them and say "that's 1" or something

vumpler said:

I don't see a reason to limit player catches.

AirBrian

I'm confused, manual catches have been allowed all along (last year too)...

OK, fellas...

Week 1 games still unplayed:

New York (Method) at Cleveland (BillRiccio) - Neither of you have gotten a game in yet.
Buffalo (LJ11) at Washington (sableholic) - LJ has a game in, sable does not.
Tampa Bay (davidr0xu) at Miami (pheeniks) - Is this the game that dropped?
St. Louis (corey f baby) at Tennessee (bonsevan) - bonsevan doesn't have Internet yet, but corey, you haven't gotten a game in yet.

Week 2 games still unplayed:

Oakland (fmworiginal) at Tennessee (bonsevan) - bonsevan doesn't have Internet yet.
Washington (sableholic) at New York (Method) - Neither of you have gotten a game in yet.
Minnesota (SloForce) at Baltimore (Furio53)
San Diego (BigAT) at St. Louis (corey f baby) - corey hasn't gotten a game in yet.
New England (dammitmattt) at Tampa Bay (davidr0xu) - david, you'll have to contact dammitmattt through XBL.
Cleveland (BillRiccio) at New York (BigJonsson25) - BillRiccio hasn't gotten a game in yet.

Everyone has gotten a game in so far except for:

Method
BillRiccio
davidr0xu
corey f baby
bonsevan - he doesn't have Internet yet -- should be getting it very soon.
sableholic - I have a feeling you're just skipping out on pre-season! (Damn vets!) :p
SloForce - I have a feeling you're just skipping out on pre-season! (Damn vets!) :p

Let's go, fellas!

BTW, Week 3 and Week 4 are now open. Pre-season ends Friday, so I hope everyone can get 2 games in by then.

The regular season will start this weekend, and the scheduling will be a lot more strict with games every 3-5 days. If you don't get your games in, it will be a loss unless you have made arrangements.

Also note the new 4th down rules in the OP (and on LD).

And finally, 3 people had to drop out due to personal reasons, so if anyone would like to switch teams, it's first come first serve (and a slight reward for those actively checking the thread). And switching of teams will ONLY be allowed this once before the regular season starts. Let me know ASAP by posting in this thread.

Falcons
Saints
Seahawks
Bengals

vumpler

Oh hell yeah! I never knew user catches were on completely. w00t! I was getting soooo screwed by not user catching/using the catch button to swat :lol

Live is good, move along move along.

bosevan

hey guys i now have internet and live again but Ill be having to use a different gamertag for a while.

Instead of: Farnsworth165 it is Dr Zoidberg018.

So im ready to get some preseason games away! Ill be available the next two nights and sunday so let me know

daw840

Airbrian said:
sableholic - I have a feeling you're just skipping out on pre-season! (Damn vets!) :p
SloForce - I have a feeling you're just skipping out on pre-season! (Damn vets!) :p

BASTARDS:lol :lol :lol

AirBrian

bosevan said:
hey guys i now have internet and live again but Ill be having to use a different gamertag for a while.

Instead of: Farnsworth165 it is Dr Zoidberg018.

So im ready to get some preseason games away! Ill be available the next two nights and sunday so let me know
You made it. Nice! I'll update the OP for now too.

Slo

AirBrian said:

I...uh....pulled a hammy in two-a-days! I'll be ready week one!

daw840

Slo said:
I...uh....pulled a hammy in two-a-days! I'll be ready week one!

I should pay off Airbrian to boot you from the league solely because of your avatar. Everytime I see it the back of my head aches...

Birdman02

FYI for the newer guys. When your entering team stats, enter them for both teams. Because if your both entering team stats at the same time, one of them will probably get erased.

It just happened to me....i entered team stats for both teams after my game with mr stroke. I'm assuming he was entering them at the same time because when I went back to league daddy his stats were the only ones that saved.

This only affects team stats...player stats are fine.

daw840

Birdman02 said:
FYI for the newer guys. When your entering team stats, enter them for both teams. Because if your both entering team stats at the same time, one of them will probably get erased.

It just happened to me....i entered team stats for both teams after my game with mr stroke. I'm assuming he was entering them at the same time because when I went back to league daddy his stats were the only ones that saved.

Only enter stats for your own team and this shouldn't happen....IIRC

Birdman02

Maybe I'm wrong then, but I thought it only kept the whatever the last person saved....I think it's only an issue if you're entering them at the same time.

mr stroke

I only enterd them for me only, so I guess it only happens when you do them at the same time? I will do them for my self only but at a different time next time, maybe that will help?

daw840

I know we had a problem with this last year. I thought that the solution was just to enter your own stats, I might be wrong though. Maybe if we just say that whoever wins enters the team stats that might solve the problem

AirBrian

And just a small tip, but if you do the player stats first, you'll have the total INTs, fumbles, and sacks nice and summed up for your team stat lines.

AirBrian

Both player and team stats.

After you're done with the player stats, but before you hit save, make sure to click the checkbox to save your current roster for all future games. That will save you a lot of time in the next games because your roster will be loaded up.

mr stroke

AirBrian said:
And just a small tip, but if you do the player stats first, you'll have the total INTs, fumbles, and sacks nice and summed up for your team stat lines.

thanks..sounds easier :)

daw840

mr stroke said:
are you guys doing player stats too? or only overall team stats?

The only thing that ever had the problem was the team stats, but you save those before you enter the player stats.

League I was in previously just had the winning team do the Game stats and both players do their own player stats. That was there is no confusion for with who does what.

mr stroke

wow EA your damn servers are really bad...3 disconects tonight :(
1 during preseason game, and 2 during ranked matches

woodchuck

MWS Natural said:
League I was in previously just had the winning team do the Game stats and both players do their own player stats. That was there is no confusion for with who does what.

i like that idea.

and really, the stats take no time at all once you have the players saved. you can print out stat sheets if you dont have a computer next to your tv

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
I'll switch to the Saints if that's still available.

-Texans
Now I have to play you twice this year james

My playoff run is NOT going to be easy if I sneak in at all.

AirBrian said:
Tampa Bay (davidr0xu) at Miami (pheeniks) - Is this the game that dropped?

No, I finished my week 2 preseason game and that didn't drop. the r0xu guy tried to voice chat me during the game but obviously I couldn't...

Top Bottom