• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry birdbomb, I really just don't want to be late for this pay league draft that starts in 34 mins or so. We still have time to do our game and I didn't want to rush into a game thats all. Let me know your availability and we'll get it in.

Slo

Great news guys! Madden froze my 360 about 8 times in a row! I don't know if this means my 360 is breathing it's last, or what. But yeah.

woodchuck

Slo said:
Great news guys! Madden froze my 360 about 8 times in a row! I don't know if this means my 360 is breathing it's last, or what. But yeah.

i think it's the game. my 360 freezes a lot during madden too (seems to happen more right after the game ended)

AirBrian

For now, anyone who is around can play for St. Louis until we get a permanent sub.

Just let one of the LD commishes know so we can give you access to the team for stats. :)

And Slo, hopefully it's just Madden! EA games lock up my 360 more than any other company.

AirBrian said:
For now, anyone who is around can play for St. Louis until we get a permanent sub.

Just let one of the LD commishes know so we can give you access to the team for stats. :)

And Slo, hopefully it's just Madden! EA games lock up my 360 more than any other company.

I'll play as st. louis as long as the other coach puts all the stats in :lol

Good game man, did we play baseball? :lol

That was a nice game winning safety...I couldn't get that ball out. And I'm sorry but that last interception was bs and you saw it went through my guy too :lol

Nightz

pheeniks said:
Good game man, did we play baseball? :lol

That was a nice game winning safety...I couldn't get that ball out. And I'm sorry but that last interception was bs and you saw it went through my guy too :lol
:lol I think even the Marlins and Diamondbacks could have outscored us. Yeah that last INT was a phantom pick. When I saw the ball headed for your man, I was like "Aww crap, he's gonna get the first!" and then the next thing I knew, my man had it.

Good game though, I was sweating the whole game. :D

Man, Dolphins have a good defense. It's too bad my running game wasn't working at all as usual...probably became rather predictable...

Brad Childress style!

Nightz

Just watched the replay of that last INT in slow motion. Turns out the ball went right through your receiver's hands! :lol

wvop6h.jpg

The play of the game...a safety :lol :http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/450587

The questionable interception: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/450543

Nightz

BigJonsson said:
Anyone want to play St Louis week 2 game like now?

I'm the Giants :p
If either of you guys who are playing the Rams are available tomorrow morning, I'd be willing to play as them so you can get your games in.

Tomorrow I'm busy

So for potential Rams subs

Saturday afternoon works best, but you have to send me a message on here to confirm a time around 3:30

I have a fantasy draft at 2 and work at 6

Or Sunday after the Dolphins game is over :p

Slo

Tcvrod, when will work for you? Sunday is no good for me, and I've got something Saturday afternoon too. Otherwise, when would you like to play?

AirBrian

BigJonsson said:
Tomorrow I'm busy

So for potential Rams subs

Saturday afternoon works best, but you have to send me a message on here to confirm a time around 3:30

I have a fantasy draft at 2 and work at 6

Or Sunday after the Dolphins game is over :p
I'll be around to play as the Rams. What time zone is that 3:30?

Slo

LJ11 said:
Are we allowed to spread the line in this league?

* Physical defensive line spreading is NOT allowed (as of now).

It is currently banned. In my experience in single player, this tactic doesn't generate pressure as much as it did in previous years. I don't think it still needs to be banned.

AirBrian?

LJ11

I still think it generates a pretty good pass rush.

Physical line spreading is ambiguous. Does physically mean user controlled or the normal line spread function of the game? I haven't been spreading the line because I'm used to FMT's rules, so I just want some clarification.

Slo

LJ11 said:
I still think it generates a pretty good pass rush.

Physical line spreading is ambiguous. Does physically mean user controlled or the normal line spread function of the game? I haven't been spreading the line because I'm used to FMT's rules, so I just want some clarification.

Yes, it's supposed to generate pass rush at the expense of run defense. In previous years I would consider it an exploit due to bad blocking AI. This year I think it's more representative of a defensive line "pinning it's ears back."

Just my opinion.

BirdBomb

Banned
The thing about spreading the line is when combined with a blitz the tackles will usually drop way down to pick up the blitzer but the guards or backs won't move over to pick up the DE's, they almost always just stand there and ignore them or go after the original guys they were blocking.

Sometimes running the ball counters it. Most of the time it doesn't though because this is next gen Madden :lol

Is there any rules for pausing the game? Especially at the line of scrimmage after the plays have been selected. In past leagues I have been in pausing the game required the use of a timeout.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MWS Natural said:
Is there any rules for pausing the game? Especially at the line of scrimmage after the plays have been selected. In past leagues I have been in pausing the game required the use of a timeout.
Covering all these issues here.

IMHO,

I've seen people using the DE, manually bring it out, and can get one HELL of a pass rush this year. Its bogus and still needs to be banned. I have yet to see LB + up, spreading bring extra pass rush. So physical should still be banned.

Pausing the game: It should be courtesy that when someone pauses the game, you wait for them to come back. If they leave for 5 minutes you should have to wait. Something serious could have come up. If they are putting in players, you should wait.

It's not giving either user an advantage. I have fully adopted my interpretation of FMT's philosophy: If we all play with respect for our opponents and not to just play to WIN at all costs then everything comes out just fine. It's when people don't play with respect for their opponents (both players involved) that conflict starts and things get out of hand. No matter which player starts it.

vumpler said:
Covering all these issues here.

IMHO,

I've seen people using the DE, manually bring it out, and can get one HELL of a pass rush this year. Its bogus and still needs to be banned. I have yet to see LB + up, spreading bring extra pass rush. So physical should still be banned.

Pausing the game: It should be courtesy that when someone pauses the game, you wait for them to come back. If they leave for 5 minutes you should have to wait. Something serious could have come up. If they are putting in players, you should wait.

It's not giving either user an advantage. I have fully adopted my interpretation of FMT's philosophy: If we all play with respect for our opponents and not to just play to WIN at all costs then everything comes out just fine. It's when people don't play with respect for their opponents (both players involved) that conflict starts and things get out of hand. No matter which player starts it.

I thought physically rushing any defender was banned anyways so I wouldn't think manually rushing wide with the DE would be allowed either. As far as pausing the game I do believe it plays as an advantage to the player doing it. You could call a play and see my defense then pause, go into your audibles and changes things accordingly. All substitutions can be on within your play call screen so there is no reason to pause the game unless you are making strategy changes (audibles). If for some reason you do need to pause the game then I feel a timeout should be used. Strategic changes should be made before the game starts or at halftime in my opinion.

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
Strategic changes should be made before the game starts or at halftime in my opinion.
I agree. But when I'm talking about putting in players im talking about at the start of the game. You should be allowed to get your players set etc at the beginning of the game without penalty.

I've never really thought of going into audibles and setting one up against a user... I thought formation audibles would have gotten rid of that for sure o_O?

But if a TO should be used fine. I wouldn't think someone would be that shady. If they paused when being respectful its because of a problem.

Slo

MWS Natural said:
I thought physically rushing any defender was banned anyways so I wouldn't think manually rushing wide with the DE would be allowed either.

Physically rushing any defender is not banned. Playing as a blitzing player is banned. You can rush the QB from the D-Line.

BirdBomb

Banned
Yeah GG man. i got lucky on a few of my deep passes. and that quick pass to shockey for the TD was luck, seeing as how i hit the wrong button.

Saints roll past skins 28-0. Next up, they head to Denver to face the Broncos.

vumpler

BirdBomb said:
Yeah GG man. i got lucky on a few of my deep passes. and that quick pass to shockey for the TD was luck, seeing as how i hit the wrong button.

Saints roll past skins 28-0. Next up, they head to Denver to face the Broncos.
Oh just wait until you play the cats sister!

daw840

Slo said:
Physically rushing any defender is not banned. Playing as a blitzing player is banned. You can rush the QB from the D-Line.

Yes, you can blitz with any of the 3-4 D-Line players. You just can't rush with the MLB, OLB, CB, FS, or SS.

I don't know about the line spreading issue. It would seem to me that if you were to just call a run play up the middle when you see the line spread that would counteract this. I don't see a problem with it, as long as you are using the LB+up combination and not manually moving the DE way outside the line. I say we either take a vote or let AB make that decision.

edit: I don't remember exactly but does spreading the line cause the two DE's to be outside of the ends of the O-Line?

Slo

daw840 said:
edit: I don't remember exactly but does spreading the line cause the two DE's to be outside of the ends of the O-Line?

Yes, the DTs spread between the OG/OT and the DEs line up over the TEs if they're there.

AirBrian

Week 1 awards are up!

As far as line spreading, I'm definitely against it as the DEs can get some unrealistic pressure (and easy sacks) depending on the play calling. One thing that is definitely banned is the DE contain combined with spreading your line. There are ways to counter this, but it's so friggin' cheesy because most of the time the DEs are not picked up by the OL. It's not as bad as last year, but it still happens way too much.

There's a poll up though, so vote away. We'll see just how split everyone is on this.

Concerning pauses, crap comes up all the time like people at your door, phone calls, controllers die, etc. I think we just need to use an honor system here. If someone is pausing all the time, then yeah, it's in issue. But honestly, I've never had it be an issue in any league game. If you're going to be more than a minute, just send a message out of common courtesy.

BigJonsson said:
Sounds good. See you then.

Birdman02

Bonsevan, when can you play our week 2 game? I'm good tomorrow morning until about 2 pm EST. If not then, I should be on again around 10-11 pm EST.

Also, Birdbomb, you might want to fix your stats....I'm pretty sure you haven't scored 133 rushing TDs in 2 games!!!

AirBrian

Well, I'm not really sure I'm excited to see your highlight video, vump!

And except for that late 4th bomb to Stevie, he did have a quiet game. Hey, it's the only bright spot for me from that game!

vumpler

AirBrian said:
Well, I'm not really sure I'm excited to see your highlight video, vump!

And except for that late 4th bomb to Stevie, he did have a quiet game. Hey, it's the only bright spot for me from that game!
Heh well it'll have both of our highlights shown and be up either later tonight or before mid day tomorrow! Depends on if the wifey falls asleep soon. If so I'll throw it together.

Yeah you had Steve covered almost the whole game. Was incredible actually. So I had to start working him differently. Hit him with a couple screens to setup first downs and got you over the middle with a curl. Otherwise you had him on lock. I also didn't appreciate that series where you hit me with the early sack because you had my FB (Brad Hoover) covered. You took your MLB out and shut him down. I thought I was mixing it up pretty well but you read it like a book!

I think you still had a great chance to come back, but then when I somehow broke 3 tackles up the middle with Jon Stewart and took it for 70 that swung the momentum. I couldn't believe that run honestly. I was pretty excited about that one.

Specially with how bad you took it to me last time we played this whole game was a shock.

AirBrian

vumpler said:
Heh well it'll have both of our highlights shown and be up either later tonight or before mid day tomorrow! Depends on if the wifey falls asleep soon. If so I'll throw it together.

Yeah you had Steve covered almost the whole game. Was incredible actually. So I had to start working him differently. Hit him with a couple screens to setup first downs and got you over the middle with a curl. Otherwise you had him on lock. I also didn't appreciate that series where you hit me with the early sack because you had my FB (Brad Hoover) covered. You took your MLB out and shut him down. I thought I was mixing it up pretty well but you read it like a book!

I think you still had a great chance to come back, but then when I somehow broke 3 tackles up the middle with Jon Stewart and took it for 70 that swung the momentum. I couldn't believe that run honestly. I was pretty excited about that one.

Specially with how bad you took it to me last time we played this whole game was a shock.
Man, I almost billed you for a new controller after that Stewart run. And don't be modest, he broke like 8 tackles, not 3. :lol I have no idea how you were doing it, but I wasn't even going for strips or hit sticks or anything...I was just trying to tackle him. I was in shock when he just...kept...going. It was so amazing and so deflating at the same time. It really was the turning point of the game. Anyhow, you made me pay with Stewart for shutting down Smith. You played a great game.

And I'm not even going to talk about the Sex Canon. The pain -- it's too much!

doc4765fcbc1874a524957747.jpg

"I hope you're getting that NECKBEARD back to full power!"

AirBrian said:
Week 1 awards are up!

As far as line spreading, I'm definitely against it as the DEs can get some unrealistic pressure (and easy sacks) depending on the play calling. One thing that is definitely banned is the DE contain combined with spreading your line. There are ways to counter this, but it's so friggin' cheesy because most of the time the DEs are not picked up by the OL. It's not as bad as last year, but it still happens way too much.

There's a poll up though, so vote away. We'll see just how split everyone is on this.

Concerning pauses, crap comes up all the time like people at your door, phone calls, controllers die, etc. I think we just need to use an honor system here. If someone is pausing all the time, then yeah, it's in issue. But honestly, I've never had it be an issue in any league game. If you're going to be more than a minute, just send a message out of common courtesy.

Sounds good. See you then.

I'll be on right after my yahoo draft, so 3:30 or earlier

vumpler

AirBrian (Chi) at Vumpler (Car)

All the game Highlights and pretty good 3 minute watch.

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZvQNTJloI&fmt=18
Vimeo link: Coming shortly

I am definitely proud of that one run by Jon Stewart. I've watched it a few times now and I'm happy with it every time.

GG again though AB. I hope to not see you in the playoffs if we both make it!

Birdman02

Does anyone know if Bonsevan's GT is still Farnsworth165? XBL says the last time that GT signed on was 6/28, but I know he played his week 1 game.

Top Bottom