• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.
mr stroke said:
wow EA your damn servers are really bad...3 disconects tonight :(
1 during preseason game, and 2 during ranked matches

It's crazy how inconsistent this is though. I haven't had a disconnect since my game(s) vs. Nightz when Madden 1st came out but many are still having connection problems.

daw840

BigJonsson said:
Do we really have to enter stats?

Myself and the owner of the Lions think thats whack

Yes you absolutely have to enter stats. What would be the point of the league without it, you might as well just play some ranked matches. Plus, it's half the fun, you get bragging rights for winning different categories and such.

mr stroke

Classic_Gs said:
I see that the regular season starts this weekend, so does that mean Friday night or from Saturday on?

good question?
Airbrian?

I will be busy this weekend and only avalible late nights and mornings so what is the time frame to get in the first game?

BigAT

Birdman, you around to play? My week 2 opponent can't get his internet to work and I don't have anyone to play for week 4.

If not, anyone want to get a scrimmage in tonight?

daw840

BigAT said:
Birdman, you around to play? My week 2 opponent can't get his internet to work and I don't have anyone to play for week 4.

If not, anyone want to get a scrimmage in tonight?

Are you still around? I'm down for a scrim...

AirBrian

Since it's a holiday weekend coming up, I'm sure a lot of people will be out of town (I was but Gustav has f'ed that up for me!). So, the season will officially start on Friday (tonight technically as soon as I get the schedule fixed :D) and Week 1 will be due in by Thursday -- giving you guys 7 days. This should give everyone enough time to get a game in Tues-Wed-Thurs for those who are going out of town. Starting the league on a holiday weekend isn't ideal, but I think most are getting antsy to get this started and no one really cares about entering stats for pre-season game (which is partially my fault). So, it's time, ladies!

Also, instead of having 4 open teams, we're just going to go with 28 teams. It would've been nice to have a completely full league, but I'd rather have 28 solid players instead of having some teams who might quit mid-season.

And just as a side-note, my work has recently switched systems and has really restricted the Internet access because of the new bandwidth requirements. Because of that, I'm not going to be on during the day as much (I still check the thread from time to time on my phone, but I'm not going to make any major posts). If you need something reset on League Daddy or whatever, Slo, daw840, and Birdman1702 are all co-commissioners, so hopefully they can help you out if I'm not around.

The LD polls are now closed, so until the patch comes out, Action camera is required. You are also allowed to move ONLY one defensive player pre-snap, and you must control that player. The rules have been updated to reflect these results as well.

woodchuck

good game slo. jesus christ, that was frustrating on defense. i absolutely could not stop your run. i blitzed so much just to stop the run (both inside and outside blitzes). it seemed like my corners would get pushed back 10 yards on every pitch out.

and i can't believe i pump faked on that play you sacked me. i was trying to get it to the guy in the flat, but pushed RB instead of LB. and on that int, i need to figure out how to float the ball better.

Tjack was a monster also. wtf

Slo

woodchuck said:
good game slo. jesus christ, that was frustrating on defense. i absolutely could not stop your run. i blitzed so much just to stop the run (both inside and outside blitzes). it seemed like my corners would get pushed back 10 yards on every pitch out.

and i can't believe i pump faked on that play you sacked me. i was trying to get it to the guy in the flat, but pushed RB instead of LB. and on that int, i need to figure out how to float the ball better.

Tjack was a monster also. wtf

GG. Yeah, AD is a beast and I leaned on him heavy. I tried not to roll with Tjack except once intentionally at the goal line and I lost like 9 yards lol.

You should try to get it to Owens once in a while. I was scared shitless of him.

woodchuck

Slo said:
GG. Yeah, AD is a beast and I leaned on him heavy. I tried not to roll with Tjack except once intentionally at the goal line and I lost like 9 yards lol.

You should try to get it to Owens once in a while. I was scared shitless of him.

yeah, based on my previous games with airbrian and andowsky, whenever i force it to Owens, it gets intercepted

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
yeah, based on my previous games with airbrian and andowsky, whenever i force it to Owens, it gets intercepted
Well to be fair, if you even breathe in Vasher's direction it's a pick!

daw840

AirBrian said:
Well to be fair, if you even breathe in Vasher's direction it's a pick!

Hey now, your not one to talk about picks. I think neckbeard is going to be the new noodlearm of the league:lol :lol

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Hey now, your not one to talk about picks. I think neckbeard is going to be the new noodlearm of the league:lol :lol
I'm not sure the Sex Canon can be contained. Until NECKBEARD grows back his neck beard, his ass is benched! (Or at least until EA fixes his attributes based on his solid real life pre-season!)

mr stroke

AirBrian said:
Since it's a holiday weekend coming up, I'm sure a lot of people will be out of town (I was but Gustav has f'ed that up for me!). So, the season will officially start on Friday (tonight technically as soon as I get the schedule fixed :D) and Week 1 will be due in by Thursday -- giving you guys 7 days. This should give everyone enough time to get a game in Tues-Wed-Thurs for those who are going out of town. Starting the league on a holiday weekend isn't ideal, but I think most are getting antsy to get this started and no one really cares about entering stats for pre-season game (which is partially my fault). So, it's time, ladies!

Also, instead of having 4 open teams, we're just going to go with 28 teams. It would've been nice to have a completely full league, but I'd rather have 28 solid players instead of having some teams who might quit mid-season.

And just as a side-note, my work has recently switched systems and has really restricted the Internet access because of the new bandwidth requirements. Because of that, I'm not going to be on during the day as much (I still check the thread from time to time on my phone, but I'm not going to make any major posts). If you need something reset on League Daddy or whatever, Slo, daw840, and Birdman1702 are all co-commissioners, so hopefully they can help you out if I'm not around.

The LD polls are now closed, so until the patch comes out, Action camera is required. You are also allowed to move ONLY one defensive player pre-snap, and you must control that player. The rules have been updated to reflect these results as well.

so you will have the league open later tonight then? I would like to get in 1st game tonight or tomarow if possible with Slo.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
BigAT when is this going down between us? I have to say I'm not looking forward to this being my season opener. In the league or in real life :(

Nightz

Birdman, you available in the next couple of hours? Got off work early today and have a bit of time before I go out for the night, so maybe we can get our week 1 game in today.

BigAT

vumpler said:
BigAT when is this going down between us? I have to say I'm not looking forward to this being my season opener. In the league or in real life :(

My schedule is pretty hectic this weekend, I'll see what I can do. How are you for either noon or 6 PM (EST) tomorrow?

vumpler

BigAT said:
My schedule is pretty hectic this weekend, I'll see what I can do. How are you for either noon or 6 PM (EST) tomorrow?
Saturday sucks for me family stuff.

Sunday sucks for me after 10am because I'm going to the McCain / Palin Rally here in St. Louis. Last one before the convention :D

vumpler

Hey guys pretty sweet:

Madden Tube

http://www.maddentube.com/

After you upload your videos from NCAA or Madden you can go to this site and transfer them from EA's server to theirs. This way you can save way more of your videos over time since EA makes you delete them.

Pretty sweet service :D

Birdman02

Nightz said:
Birdman, you available in the next couple of hours? Got off work early today and have a bit of time before I go out for the night, so maybe we can get our week 1 game in today.

You still around?

Birdman02

Nightz said:
Actually about to leave. :(

I might be back around 10 PST, but I'm not sure. If not, I'll be available tomorrow night.

My availability might not be very good tomorrow (I'm not sure when I'll be on), but luckily we have a few extra days this week. I sent you a FR on xbl. Hopefully, we'll be around at the same time this weekend.

mr stroke

is anyone else having massive "disconection lost" problems? never had these issues last year and all my other 360 games work fine online. Some of the Operation Sports guys are having issues too, so I can't imagine this is limited to a small amount of people. 60% of my games are ending is disconects :( and the shity thing is that the connection is still there because I can hear the other person and talk to him but the game either freezes or disconects with both of us at the disconect screen. WTF EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom