• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

vumpler said:
1: Its overall slower than offline. Which is expected but will catch you off guard at first. Not much slower but it is slightly noticeable.

2: When the offense picks their play, the defense gets 11 seconds. A nice addition in my opinion.

More to come as the game continues. So far everything else is spot on and excellent.
About time! I hated it last year because on 4th down situations, Madden's plays would automatically come up and you had to back out and pick your own play it what seemed a very quick 8 seconds. I'm really glad they changed this.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
The best 2 things about madden 09:

1. No spidey sense (paired with pick 6's aren't guranteed on picks anymore)
2. Just because a player breaks it to the outside or a TE catches an open pass doesn't mean they are going to score.

You can actually RUN DOWN players now!!!

Hallelujah

BirdBomb

Banned
vumpler said:
Sweet play i recorded in my franchise.

Steve Smith doing what Steve Smith does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWtBUC_d3U&fmt=18

I love this years madden!!! Steve is at least accurately represented!

holy shit!! that commentary sounds awful :lol brings back memories of joe montana talking football.

they...call an audible.
goes. through. his. read.
there's no. one. around
they'll score. touchdown

monotone as hell too :lol

AirBrian said:
vumpler was talking about doing a short one. But if you're just looking for some practice games, don't worry, they won't be hard to find (once the rest of us peons actually get the game)!

vumpler said:
Absolutely. I'll post an open bracket and more later this evening.

Cool, I might take off from work on WED to dedicate some serious time to the game :D

SickBoy

AirBrian said:
About time! I hated it last year because on 4th down situations, Madden's plays would automatically come up and you had to back out and pick your own play it what seemed a very quick 8 seconds. I'm really glad they changed this.

Part of the problem too is that if you're not sure about what package your opponent is going to run, your focus for most of those 8 seconds is getting the right defensive personnel out, rather than considering what play to run.

methodman

Banned
Oh baby, can't wait for this tonight. Can't believe my Niners are taken... guess I gotta practice with the jets for the league.

AirBrian

Classic_Gs said:
As a Online/Match noob, will there be season 3 league on this board?
Most likely. There are 2 open spots right now and the first sub hasn't responded to my PMs. You want me to put you on the list? Chances are you will get a team.

Somnia

I'll start playing as soon as I get off work tomorrow at 5PM CST. I would get it at midnight tonight, but I have to be at work at 7AM tomorrow because of Madden's launch. We're a mall location so we aren't opening at midnight we are opening early though. *Regarding the tourney and if anyone wants to shoot me a friend invite so we can play...live name is in my profile is you want to throw me one.

AirBrian

Sounds good, Somnia. I'll try and hit you up for a game tomorrow. Once everyone gets the game, we'll do a final roll-call and we'll post our XBL names and AIM information. Look for that by week's end.

Also, I should be getting the specific rules we had last year from League Daddy either tonight or tomorrow. (I don't have access to them since I didn't renew the subscription, so I've emailed the support asking them to cut/paste them and send to me.)

Somnia

AirBrian said:
Sounds good, Somnia. I'll try and hit you up for a game tomorrow. Once everyone gets the game, we'll do a final roll-call and we'll post our XBL names and AIM information. Look for that by week's end.

Also, I'm should be getting the specific rules we had last year from League Daddy either tonight or tomorrow. (I don't have access to them since I didn't renew the subscription, so I've emailed the support asking them to cut/paste them and send to me.)

Good thing about the rules :D I figured they are pretty basic knowledge, but def. want to read over 'em. Can't wait for some football tomorrow!

AirBrian

BigJonsson said:
When does this season actually start?

I'm planning on buying the game tomorrow
Not for a week or two at most. We need some time to let everyone get the game and figure out a few things for the league (like difficulty, etc.).

vumpler

Come on guys sign up for the tournament so we can get started. Everyone in the league should have attempted to sign up by now :)

go go go

AirBrian said:
Most likely. There are 2 open spots right now and the first sub hasn't responded to my PMs. You want me to put you on the list? Chances are you will get a team.
Sure if a spot is open sign me up. I'll take whatever team is available I guess.

woodchuck

played a couple online games.

the muddy field can get a little out of hand. in the 4th quarter, it was tough figuring out who was on what team since everyone's jerseys were all brown from the mud. :lol

and jesus christ. it's so hard to get the LB to follow the RB going out into the flat in man coverage. and sometimes you dont have enough time to manually select the linebacker before the snap. even if you "receiver spotlight" the running back, he's still open in the flat.

methodman

Banned
woodchuck said:
and jesus christ. it's so hard to get the LB to follow the RB going out into the flat in man coverage. and sometimes you dont have enough time to manually select the linebacker before the snap. even if you "receiver spotlight" the running back, he's still open in the flat.

yeah that pisses me off too. You barely get any time before snap on defense to try and set up your defensive scheme or receiver highlights and shit.

edit: On offense I always try hiking the ball ask quickly as possible to fuck with the other guy though :lol

daw840

Anyone want a practice game? I just got home with my game!!

....I got a golden ticket, I got a golden ticket...

AirBrian

Looks like the EA servers went down. :-(

woodchuck said:
played a couple online games.

the muddy field can get a little out of hand. in the 4th quarter, it was tough figuring out who was on what team since everyone's jerseys were all brown from the mud. :lol

It is pretty cool when you sub someone in their uniform is nice and clean when everyone else's is dirty. :lol

vumpler

AirBrian said:
It is pretty cool when you sub someone in their uniform is nice and clean when everyone else's is dirty. :lol
That's awesome, I didn't know it had recognition for each player. I'm impressed.

cubanb

Banned
anyone know how to get rid of the "what control to use" display? I just want the players name to display, not rb or whatever

Somnia

AirBrian said:
GG, Somnia. Definitely not as crazy in the snow as I thought it would be. Williams is beastly too.

Ya I thought there would be fumbles left and right, but nope! I think I'm slowly getting the hang of the game again :D

Slo

Wow. I've got one preseason game under my belt and it feels like I've never played a Madden game before. :lol

vumpler

variance said:
I'm sure I'm way too late but could I be signed up as a sub or something please? Thanks :)
I wouldn't say you're completely late. With you (if I'm seeing it right) you will be the 3rd in line for alternate / sub position.

We haven't even done an official roll call again so I think you have good shot. We'll see what Brian's opinion is but I think your odds are good.

mr stroke

AirBrian said:
Looks like the EA servers went down. :-(

This sucks ass :(
what are the rules on this for the Legue/Season? I never disconect intentionaly but have had 2 or 3 drop outs over Madden 08 when online either due to servers going down or someones internet connection droping out for a second.

vumpler

mr stroke said:
This sucks ass :(
what are the rules on this for the Legue/Season? I never disconect intentionaly but have had 2 or 3 drop outs over Madden 08 when online either due to servers going down or someones internet connection droping out for a second.
AirBrian's word is what goes so look for his response.

Until he gets back with a statement, the general rule of thumb has been if its in the first quarter you can restart it.

If you make it to half time, just replay the first half in a new game and count it as the 2nd half, but keep the score of the previous quarters. Use discretion and make sure that whatever you decide it doesn't effect the outcome of the game. For example if someone just scored a TD and you disconnected, still count that TD otherwise the one who scored is getting short ended.

AirBrian

variance said:
I'm sure I'm way too late but could I be signed up as a sub or something please? Thanks :)
You've been added to the list. :)

As far as the rules go, I will post the draft version later this evening after work. I still need to do some tests on the line spreading and the DE contain plays. Probably will be on All-Pro too. Also, it looks like we're going to do 6-minute quarters with random weather on.

Top Bottom