• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

6ef48h.jpg

daw840

This just in:

An unranked KU Jayhawk team just shut out the #12 MU Tigers 63-0 in an amazing display of football prowess. The first half, led by Jayhawk QB Todd Reesing, showed the utter inability of the Tigers to do anything on the field. However, the real story lies with the Jayhawk defense. They played like a professional football team tonight by intercepting the football 5 times. They scored a TD on 3 of the 5 interceptions. The domination was so complete that the KU starters stayed on the bench for the entire 2nd half and still managed to put up points on a top ranked team. Will this catapult the Jayhawks in to the top 25? Should the Gamecocks, at 1-2, even be ranked?!? We will find out this Thursday.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
This just in:

An unranked KU Jayhawk team just shut out the #12 MU Tigers 63-0 in an amazing display of football prowess. The first half, led by Jayhawk QB Todd Reesing, showed the utter inability of the Tigers to do anything on the field. However, the real story lies with the Jayhawk defense. They played like a professional football team tonight by intercepting the football 5 times. They scored a TD on 3 of the 5 interceptions. The domination was so complete that the KU starters stayed on the bench for the entire 2nd half and still managed to put up points on a top ranked team. Will this catapult the Jayhawks in to the top 25? Should the Gamecocks, at 1-2, even be ranked?!? We will find out this Thursday.

..and we've got our first example of the year, folks. Per the rules, which I've told all of you to read ad nauseum since before the season started:

2a. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If it happens again, the game (and any that follow breaking the rule) get thrown out and simmed for what basically amounts to excessively padding stats.

Congrats on the win, but consider that your warning.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
..and we've got our first example of the year, folks. Per the rules, which I've told all of you to read ad nauseum since before the season started:

Congrats on the win, but consider that your warning.

Ummm, most of those points were from defensive touchdowns. 21 of them to be exact. I am not padding any stats, I put my 2nd team in for at the very end of the 2nd quarter, and ran on almost every 1st & 2nd down in the 2nd half.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Ummm, most of those points were from defensive touchdowns. 21 of them to be exact. I am not padding any stats, I put my 2nd team in for at the very end of the 2nd quarter, and ran on almost every 1st & 2nd down in the 2nd half.

If 21 of them were defensive touchdowns, basic math and football 101 tells me that's not most of the points. The other 43 came from somewhere. Either way, it's over 60 points which is against the rules.

If Ando and the other folks playing the SEC powerhouse schools have no problem following the rule to the letter, then you shouldn't either.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
If 21 of them were defensive touchdowns, basic math and football 101 tells me that's not most of the points. The other 43 came from somewhere. Either way, it's over 60 points which is against the rules.

If Ando and the other folks playing the SEC powerhouse schools have no problem following the rule to the letter, then you shouldn't either.

Ok, maybe "most" was a bad term, I apologize. I had a chance at the end to put the score at 70 points that I didn't take.

Also, "basic" logic would say that if the rule is no games over 60 points then why say "60 or 70 points?" That seems like bad terminology. Why not just say 60?

edit: Also, the CPU threw 5 picks, all of which landing me in great field position leading to touchdowns, most on the ground or short dump passes.

I apologize for "padding" my stats. I don't quite see how it can be construed as "padding" since I didn't even use my starters in the second half, most (if not all) won't get play for most of the season. So, even if they do have one incredible game it's not going to change anything.

It won't happen again.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Also, "basic" logic would say that if the rule is no games over 60 points then why say "60 or 70 points?" That seems like bad terminology. Why not just say 60?

It's a ballpark figure, because I know I'm eventually going to get a "I tried to stop scoring" story. The score was probably already high when you subbed them in, so kill the clock while they're in and run it out. If you wanna get some backups some PT, sub your starters out when you're up by 20+ points and do it that way.

Another option is to just supersim the rest of the game since it's practically over.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Another option is to just supersim the rest of the game since it's practically over.

LOL, I actually thought about this. But, I really wanted a shutout on a ranked team:lol

Striker

Usually against the CPU and I pick off a pass, unless it's a LB or DL, I rather dive and let me offense go to work. Returning INT's with DB's are too easy I think, espcially against the CPU's AI.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Usually against the CPU and I pick off a pass, unless it's a LB or DL, I rather dive and let me offense go to work. Returning INT's with DB's are too easy I think, espcially against the CPU's AI.

You're the last one left to get his game in. Any update on that?

I forgot Thrilledge told me last week he got the red rings, so he might be out longer than I thought.

How do you get a scoring infraction for a 32 point win especially since I scored 2 tds in the last 2 minutes of the game(im pretty sure) Can we check the box score or scoring summary?

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
How do you get a scoring infraction for a 32 point win especially since I scored 2 tds in the last 2 minutes of the game(im pretty sure) Can we check the box score or scoring summary?

So basically what you're telling me is you were already up 15 points on top of shutting them out in the fourth quarter (I just checked) and scored two more times in the last two minutes (according to you) anyway? 53-28 not good enough there?

GCQuinton said:
So basically what you're telling me is you were already up 15 points on top of shutting them out in the fourth quarter (I just checked) and scored two more times in the last two minutes (according to you) anyway? 53-28 not good enough there?

Scores from the first couple weeks of real college football

Last week

Texas 52 ; Rice 10; 42 pt diff
Texas Tech 56; Massachusetts 14; 42 pt diff
Clemson 54; South Carolina St. 0 ;54 pt diff
Maryland 51; Eastern Michigan 24 ; 27 pt diff

Week Before

Oklahoma 55; Washington 14; 41 pt diff
Missouri 69; Nevada 17; 52 pt diff
Penn State 55; Syracuse 13; 42 pt diff
Utah 58; Utah St. 10; 48 pt diff
BYU 59; UCLA 0; 59 pt diff

Week Before That
Missouri 52; SE Missouri St 3; 49 pt diff
Wisconsin 51; Marshall 14 37; pt diff
Louisville 51; Texas Tech 10 41; pt diff
Florida St. 69; West Carolina 0; 69 pt diff

Week One
USC 52; Virginia 7; 45 pt diff
Oklahoma 57; Chattanooga 2; 55 pt diff
Florida 56; Hawaii 10; 46 pt diff
Penn St 66; Coastal Carolina 10; 56 pt diff

Nearly all of these teams scored points in the fourth quarter and about half of them scored a minimum of 14 points in the fourth. And not of single one of their games was within 2 scores going into the 4th.

My point being my game was an 11 point game going into the 4th and I scored 3 times and i did obviously run the ball with one of my backs having 33 carries (that doesn't even include my backup or times I tried to run with my qb) and i will not run five yards and dive on the ground. If they can't tackle me when i run a HB dive straight up the middle that is the other teams problem. These scores happen and they happen on a weekly basis in Real college football games.. Now you can site me for an infraction that's fine it isn't the end of my world and i might not kill myself over it but i ask if you are going to please address it directly with me not post it on the next weeks bulletin. But I have said my peace and i'm leaving it at that.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
My point being my game was an 11 point game going into the 4th and I scored 3 times and i did obviously run the ball with one of my backs having 33 carries (that doesn't even include my backup or times I tried to run with my qb) and i will not run five yards and dive on the ground. If they can't tackle me when i run a HB dive straight up the middle that is the other teams problem. These scores happen and they happen on a weekly basis in Real college football games.. Now you can site me for an infraction that's fine it isn't the end of my world and i might not kill myself over it but i ask if you are going to please address it directly with me not post it on the next weeks bulletin. But I have said my peace and i'm leaving it at that.

None of them were playing the CPU, either. No matter what games or stats you throw at me (all those games you listed are much powerhouses against much weaker teams or FCS teams anyway) the rule's been in place since day one and I reminded everyone repeatedly before the season started to read it since I knew someone/people was gonna test it. Hell, I just made a joke about it a few posts up. Nobody objected to it or had issues with me making the rule, so it stood and still stands.

If it's a league rule issue and it gets broken, it's posted and noted for all to see since it affects everyone. Nothing personal about it.

Striker

Maybe it's me -- now that I can have the ability to run, but I can kill the clock pretty easily. If I know I'm going to win (up by 10 or 14, whatever).

Also, against West Virginia, I injured two of their QB's. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah...I'm not going to stop scoring on Alabama. NOT THIS TIME. WOOF WOOF...hahah, that's a funny football chant.

GCQuinton said:
None of them were playing the CPU, either. No matter what games or stats you throw at me (all those games you listed are much powerhouses against much weaker teams or FCS teams anyway) the rule's been in place since day one and I reminded everyone repeatedly before the season started to read it since I knew someone/people was gonna test it. Hell, I just made a joke about it a few posts up. Nobody objected to it or had issues with me making the rule, so it stood and still stands.

If it's a league rule issue and it gets broken, it's posted and noted for all to see since it affects everyone. Nothing personal about it.

If i was going to test it, I would have hung 100pts on them..

Lonestar said:
Yeah...I'm not going to stop scoring on Alabama. NOT THIS TIME. WOOF WOOF...hahah, that's a funny football chant.

Looks like I have a bit of a streak going now, so I'm going to go for the upset win. Stupid bulldogs!

Lonestar

Hey, if my losing our game will have any effect on the real thing...

We could have ourselves a Black Sox Situation!

Lonestar

BTW, when did you want to battle. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've yet to try out online playing on the 360 version. I've got it running through a router, while the PS3 league, I connect it straight to the modem during games. Want to see how much lag there is.

Lonestar said:
BTW, when did you want to battle. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've yet to try out online playing on the 360 version. I've got it running through a router, while the PS3 league, I connect it straight to the modem during games. Want to see how much lag there is.

I can go later tonight if you want (after 10 or so). Otherwise, I can go sometime Sunday or Monday.

Lonestar

Guess we can try for today sometime. I currently don't have much planned, maybe heading out for some lunch, but nothing big. I know that you know, that playing yesterday was out of the question ;P

Good thing the real game has been decided, and I don't have to stick to my previous plan ;P

Lonestar said:
Guess we can try for today sometime. I currently don't have much planned, maybe heading out for some lunch, but nothing big. I know that you know, that playing yesterday was out of the question ;P

Good thing the real game has been decided, and I don't have to stick to my previous plan ;P

We can shoot for later this afternoon or later tonight. I'm watching the Falcons game at 1.

Lonestar

Oops, we're going to have to wait till tomorrow, XBox Live is down all day today, Story.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Oops, we're going to have to wait till tomorrow, XBox Live is down all day today, Story.

That slipped my mind when I made this week's deadline. If you guys wind up needing another day to get it played, let me know.

Lonestar

Going to have to, earliest we could game would be tomorrow night, unless it goes back up tonight sometime, before it's too late to stay up.

GCQuinton said:
That slipped my mind when I made this week's deadline. If you guys wind up needing another day to get it played, let me know.

I'll definitely need a day extension unless Lone is able to play late tonight (as in after 10:30 est), yesterday was my best day to play but I'd also forgotten about the xbox Live maintenance. My son has football tonight and I have a softball game after that but I have nothing to do after I get off work tomorrow.

Lonestar

I can probably do that. I'm not home until about 5:30-6 CST, so 9:30 for me isn't too bad.

Lonestar

Game's over, was looking at the stats, and disconnect before I exit game, which transmits the stats......I have a bad feeling about this

Lonestar

did it look like the game stats went through on the game? I don't know if it needs both users transmission, or whoever goes first. I'm sitting, waiting to see if the connection kicks back in before exiting.

Lonestar said:
did it look like the game stats went through on the game? I don't know if it needs both users transmission, or whoever goes first. I'm sitting, waiting to see if the connection kicks back in before exiting.

In the dynasty hq, it says that I reported the 24-3 loss so I assume everything went through ok but I guess we will see.

Lonestar

You should be able to view the game card from the regular menu. See if there are stats. I backed out, and it wants me to connect to report the results of the game. I can either reconnect or abandon the game result. I figure, if they're in there from you, then it doesn't matter on my end...I think.

Might as well ask, how was the connection speed? It was ok on my end, not TOO bad. This was my first 360 test with the game.

Lonestar said:
You should be able to view the game card from the regular menu. See if there are stats. I backed out, and it wants me to connect to report the results of the game. I can either reconnect or abandon the game result. I figure, if they're in there from you, then it doesn't matter on my end...I think.

Might as well ask, how was the connection speed? It was ok on my end, not TOO bad. This was my first 360 test with the game.

It was pretty good, although the INT that your LB ran back was partly due to me pushing the b button a couple of seconds earlier and it didn't respond, so I smashed it again and your LB jumped it. I should've either taken the sack or tried to throw it away after it didn't respond the first time.

The other INT was my fault all the way though. :lol

daw840

KU Beats Baylor 56-17

Now, I wanted to post this before I get yelled at for scoring too many points. Only 2 of my TD's were offensive, all of the rest came from eith INT's for touchdowns and 1 fumble recovery for a TD. No points were scored at all in the second half. I actually punted the ball from Baylors 30, well within field goal range. I never threw a single pass in the entire second half, and I called a QB kneel on 2nd and goal, 3rd and goal, and 4th and goal late in the 4th quarter. Every other offensive play that I called in the 2nd half was I formation HB dive. Plus, I kept the score below the 60-70 point rule. I hope this is acceptable. I contemplated supersimming the second half but I figured the computer would go over the score limit, so I didn't.

GCQuinton

Lost to Georgia Tech 39-24 a few hours ago. I'm legitimately worried I might not win a game this season, even with a "weak" ACC schedule. Non-conference play just killed me. We're just way too young right now at some spots and just weak at others.

That said, I do see some bright spots from some of my freshman, particularly CB Luke Lamb (my only four star recruit who got his first pick 6 against GT), HB Willie Osborne (averaging around 100 yards a game), and WR Scott Ashley whose just gonna be dangerous when his ratings go up and I find a decent QB. Here's a big play he made against GT:

56 yard touchdown pass by Zack Asack to Scott Ashley

Top Bottom