• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

Duke's WR's ate me up pretty well. He has a good core to setup with.

Lonestar,

When you wanna try out our matchup? If you can/want tonight, I might be able to slide something in before it gets too late. If not, tomorrow is GREAT for me. :)

TheCrow

I've been waiting for about two hours for righty, but it seems he couldn't get on. I have to wake up early tomorrow so I can't stay up any later.

Since he gets back Monday are we going to have to sim the game?

Righty10

TheCrow said:
I've been waiting for about two hours for righty, but it seems he couldn't get on. I have to wake up early tomorrow so I can't stay up any later.

My bad man, I just got home and it looks like I've missed you. Guess this will have to be simmed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just got done with the PS3 league, but I'm not going to try for tonight. Tomorrow will be the only time, cause I think I'm going out of town this weekend starting Friday.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:

You guys have two options before the deadline on Saturday:

1. Both of you agree to let the game be simmed.
2. Righty10 agrees to let me set his team to Autopilot so you can play it.

TheCrow

I would prefer that righty gets put on autopilot, because of the small window we had to play the game. I sent him a message on live yesterday when he got online but I guess I just missed him. Its up to righty, if he wants it to get simmed I'll do it.

Striker

Wow, my secondary got butt-slammed by Georgia.

I need CBs, so lay off Calvin Scott! I'm trying to get him :)

Didn't help my #2 WR Dustin Thompson got hurt in the game Quinton simmed, so I was basically relying on one guy catching. :(

My WR's will blow balls next year, nice!

Lonestar

Sorry about that last touchdown. I slowed up the play clock, and just got down there, wondering "what will not piss you off" Just barely run it in (which I did) or kneel then kick the FG, just kneel out, punt from the 1?

I have to say, I did like my play from AJ Green, after that long bomb of yours. Short route, see him open, catches it, and a beautiful spin move to get into the clear for a 49 yard TD.

I can just about move the ball on anyone. What kills me (and did against Ando) is turnovers (throwing passes I KNOW I shouldn't) or allowing Kickoff Touchdowns (3 against Ando). This hurt me as well against Malley yesterday in PS3. I'm #5 Alabama (not as good as this Georgia team) and he was #6 Georgia (minus Moreno who left for the NFL) I gave up 3 turnovers for Pick 6's. I gave him 21 points of his 45.

I went into this game really trying to focus on not doing either of those 2 things. 0 TO's from me, and decent kick coverage. 42-10.

I now have 5 5-star recruits, including the:

#1 Tackle
#1 MLB
#1 WR
#1 OLB
#1 QB
#6 MLB

I've got the overall: #1, 2, 4, 9, 11 and 125 recruits

just need some DT's....

I can take heart that 4 of my 6 guys, had Florida as #2 :p Victory in the heart of Defeat! No wonder he's going to North Texas :p :lol :lol :lol

Striker

I didn't mind about your final TD. You could've scored more. I'm just lucky that didn't turn out!

Your TE destroyed me. On his two big plays I was in zone and you just found him open with ease. Not sure what I should do to turn that play right. My OLB's are decent players, nothing great, but I'm not content with leaving them one on one against faster-than-average TE's or backs. My top backup OLB Washington has speed and acceleration in the 90's, so he'll definitely be a starter next season. My Impact MLB will be gone, though. :(

... like your team needs anymore top seasoned recruits! :lol :(

Lonestar

I'm very fortunate for that TE. I love me some TE passes, and he's fricken GREAT He has like 86/87 speed!!!!!!!!!!!11

My Alabama team, I'm having to build that type of TE. Alabama starts off with the big blockers with average speed. I'm starting a True Freshman TE I got with more SPEEEED

SPEEEEEEED.

The #1 QB I got..Scrambler.

If I can make Slow Ass Stafford into a scrambling QB... :D

Lonestar

Sweet! I was finally able to figure out EAsportsworld, to switch from PS3 to 360. I found my videos!

This wasn't from this game, but my CPU game against Kentucky. I really wanted to gripe about this, because this was INSANE WAT WAT WAT by the CPU. Check out how many miss tackles I had against his RB...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/688001

Here is the Slowest, longest, QB Scramble for a Touchdown EVER. Auburn WISHES it had this kind of QB play right now ;P Officially a 9 yard rush...but I start running from the 21....
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1366265

Here's the aforementioned Spin move by AJ Green
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1366413

Striker

EA's incredible AI allowed Stafford's second decent-length run to look like Daunte Culpepper circa 2004. :(

*watched video*
That play was nicely executed. It's awesome when your receivers are blocking while you try to create an angle or lane. Only if the OL and your FB did that more often. :mad:

That video also showcases my DL's lack of pass-rush this year. My best end Freeney has been having a poor season by his ability standards. :(

At least I got two 4-star DE's heading in my direction...

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
GCQ

i will back back around 7 oclock sunday evening so i will be able to get my game in as long as we dont advance before then.

Deadline's tonight, so yeah it's gonna have to be simmed.

Lonestar in the PS3 League Thread said:
Well, I remember CK and Bishop both mention interest, but that was awhile back. Could try talking to them both. Could try to persuade Dammitmattt to move from 360 to PS3 leagues (or try for both like me :p)

I'm about to switch back over to PS3 malley.

Not cool, man....Not cool.....

Lonestar

Hey, I'm doing both leagues, so :p

I can't help it that the big names in the PS3 leagues are dropping out.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Hey, I'm doing both leagues, so :p

I can't help it that the big names in the PS3 leagues are dropping out.

People dropping from the PS3 league is their business, trying to cherry pick off of ours (which has been pleasantly stable aside from a few hiccups) is a whole 'nutha thing.

Anyways, looking at the games left to be played the only ones left for the week are bobbydigital's game against the CPU and the all-human games. Since there are that many games left, I'm fine with moving the deadline to Monday so everyone can get their game in if everyone's cool with it. Thoughts?

GCQuinton said:
For one person, no. For five, though? Read a few posts up. The new deadline is Monday.

I appreciate it. I really want to play Ando and I have been gone this week and busy every single second this weekend. I'm sure we'll be able to get it in tomorrow.

On another note, I'm back to my old schedule, which means I'm not home Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I get home on Thursday nights and I'm more or less available for the weekend. The best times to get games in with me are Thursday night, Friday day, and Sunday day or night.

Also, if I went to the PS3 league (which looks unlikely since my work schedule is back to normal), I wouldn't leave the 360 league!!!

Righty10

Thank CGQ. I hope to be home around 10:30 est Monday night to get this thing in, so we'll see if Kam and I can get this in.

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:
I appreciate it. I really want to play Ando and I have been gone this week and busy every single second this weekend. I'm sure we'll be able to get it in tomorrow.

On another note, I'm back to my old schedule, which means I'm not home Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I get home on Thursday nights and I'm more or less available for the weekend. The best times to get games in with me are Thursday night, Friday day, and Sunday day or night.

Also, if I went to the PS3 league (which looks unlikely since my work schedule is back to normal), I wouldn't leave the 360 league!!!

Plenty of time off on Saturday's, right around 11 am to 8 pm, I'd say

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT, NOT HERE, NOT IN THE NCAA THREAD'S! :lol :lol :lol

Have I stepped into a 1979 wormhole or something...how did this turn of events come about?!?

GCQuinton

2d6uyo4.jpg

I don't mean to call anyone out, but those Eugene Jarvis stats are ridiculous. Is it really that fun to exploit the weak computer AI (ala Ando) to consistently run up crazy stats Shouldn't we be trying for somewhat balanced and realistic stats? I'm not sure how many plays you ran, but Jarvis had 30 touches, which is most likely 75% or more of the offensive plays. Does Kent State just not have any other offensive options?

Again, not to call anyone out, but even Ando spreads the ball around more.

daw840

dammitmattt said:
I don't mean to call anyone out, but those Eugene Jarvis stats are ridiculous. Is it really that fun to exploit the weak computer AI (ala Ando) to consistently run up crazy stats Shouldn't we be trying for somewhat balanced and realistic stats? I'm not sure how many plays you ran, but Jarvis had 30 touches, which is most likely 75% or more of the offensive plays. Does Kent State just not have any other offensive options?

Again, not to call anyone out, but even Ando spreads the ball around more.

It does seem that Jarvis is the POW every week.

edit: GOD DAMN one fucking loss and I am not ranked anymore :(

GCQuinton

Even if they didn't have any other options, I'd at least be trying to spread it out. That's been part of my strategy with Duke, as I've been getting killed but have been (and am this year) able to pick up some good players across the board recruiting.

Feeding the ball to one person like that may help short-term, but long-term it won't help his recruiting at all (all he'll probably attract is HBs, which keeps the cycle going). My only problem with that as Matt mentioned (and I have ad nauseum) is the stats. Having stats like those pretty much tell me he didn't take him out of the game (sim or not, and I've never seen any stats like that for a player on a sim game).

GCQuinton said:
Even if they didn't have any other options, I'd at least be trying to spread it out. That's been part of my strategy with Duke, as I've been getting killed but have been (and am this year) able to pick up some good players across the board recruiting.

Feeding the ball to one person like that may help short-term, but long-term it won't help his recruiting at all (all he'll probably attract is HBs, which keeps the cycle going). My only problem with that as Matt mentioned (and I have ad nauseum) is the stats. Having stats like those pretty much tell me he didn't take him out of the game (sim or not, and I've never seen any stats like that for a player on a sim game).

For the future i will make a concerted effort to spread the ball more, but i will be honest I like to run the ball and i don't think i will ever be a "pass heavy offense" but i'm pretty sure my play calling is somewhat balanced. During the week i was gone he ran for nearly 200 yds as well and had so receiving yards as well in a game that was simulated. I don't have many offensive threats and only 1 receiver that's worth anything so in order to continue to put W's on the board my running back will be the center of my offense. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary to achieve these stats but i do like to run the option and that does yield some long runs. And even though it puts TE's on my offensive line and puts my starting WR's in my defensive secondary i do abide by the substitution rules as well. But that being said i will make a better effort to not be player of the week every week.

And Dammittmatt you have played me, and i do recall i ran for nearly 200 yards against you as well, but I also threw the ball a little bit too. And to answer your question directly, no i do not have very many offensive options.

GCQuinton

Righty10 said:
CGQ, I'll be home late tonight, but I'll have my game in.

This is the last time I'll be doing this for the season, but I'm extending the deadline to tomorrow (at the usual midnight EST time). Get your games played, people!!

Lonestar

We just finished our game. I beat Dammitmattt by outscoring him. Pretty much that's how it went. 38-31. I'll try to upload some video's from the game in a bit.

I see DoubleB22 is online, hopefully playing his game, as he's last on the board.

Oh, and Ando restarted his 49-17 victory 2 times. Guess it froze on him.... where's the wink wink smiley?

Striker

GCQuinton said:
This is the last time I'll be doing this for the season, but I'm extending the deadline to tomorrow (at the usual midnight EST time). Get your games played, people!!
I got mine in... I worked until 10!

My game actually worked :O

Righty10

Got my game in last night (xbox froze in the middle of the game), finished my recruiting, then EA servers were down, so I'm not sure if my recruiting stuck or not.

Lonestar

Yeah, your players of the week piss me off. A 115 yard game with 2 TD's from a RB against another Human player is more impressive than against the CPU teams. So :p to the atrocity that is Kevin Riley!

Lonestar said:
We just finished our game. I beat Dammitmattt by outscoring him. Pretty much that's how it went. 38-31. I'll try to upload some video's from the game in a bit.

I see DoubleB22 is online, hopefully playing his game, as he's last on the board.

Oh, and Ando restarted his 49-17 victory 2 times. Guess it froze on him.... where's the wink wink smiley?

Don't forget that I was driving down the field at your 30, had a wide open receiver in the flat with only one guy between him and the endzone, and you got one of your only two sacks of the game to end the damn game. And I was going to go for two...

I couldn't stop you and threw one INT. That was the difference.

Well, what i'm sure all of you hoped would happen happened. Jarvis is out for 4 weeks with..........drumroll please.........Back Spasms!!?!?!?!?!? (i am pretty sure that's what it said) 4 weeks with back spasms are you kidding me. He went down in the 3rd when the game was tied 28-28. But i'm ok ,I opened up the passing game and had some success, but he will be back for the MAC Championship.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Well, what i'm sure all of you hoped would happen happened. Jarvis is out for 4 weeks with..........drumroll please.........Back Spasms!!?!?!?!?!? (i am pretty sure that's what it said) 4 weeks with back spasms are you kidding me. He went down in the 3rd when the game was tied 28-28. But i'm ok ,I opened up the passing game and had some success, but he will be back for the MAC Championship.

Excessive back spasms forced me to hang up my cleats for good in college, so I have no problems believing that.

Striker

My game became unreadable during my contest with Cincinnati. I was having a damn fine game, too. I opened up 21-7 and their offense only had one offensive play (they returned a kickoff, then on their next offensive series I forced a fumble on the first play).

At least I have until Monday :p

Top Bottom