• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
KU Beats Baylor 56-17

Now, I wanted to post this before I get yelled at for scoring too many points. Only 2 of my TD's were offensive, all of the rest came from eith INT's for touchdowns and 1 fumble recovery for a TD. No points were scored at all in the second half. I actually punted the ball from Baylors 30, well within field goal range. I never threw a single pass in the entire second half, and I called a QB kneel on 2nd and goal, 3rd and goal, and 4th and goal late in the 4th quarter. Every other offensive play that I called in the 2nd half was I formation HB dive. Plus, I kept the score below the 60-70 point rule. I hope this is acceptable. I contemplated supersimming the second half but I figured the computer would go over the score limit, so I didn't.

As long as it's not over 60 I don't care how you get it. If you wanna supersim, just do it as soon as you have a good lead you're comfortable with so it doesn't go over.

Striker

bobbydigital said:
Good game Kam, anyone else having trouble with lag lately? i missed a crucial tackle on a kickoff that got returned due to lag?
Probably Xbox Live...

GCQuinton said:
As long as it's not over 60 I don't care how you get it. If you wanna supersim, just do it as soon as you have a good lead you're comfortable with so it doesn't go over.
Can you tell if a player supersims or not?

I was playing my offline Dynasty and I was running down the clock with my backups, then I supersimmed with about 30 seconds left (I was at the 12 yard line when I chose to supersim, just to experiment), and my sim scored a TD. :(

GCQuinton

s6nm2v.jpg

Striker

I was halfway through the 2nd Quarter and it dicked me again. I was up 7-0 on Syracuse.

:(

It's the only game it does it for, and it shows no scratches.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Is Thrilledge on autopilot?

He might as well be at the rate he plays his games. Granted he just got his 360 back, but even before that, every time I get online throughout the day I always see him playing something else. He's almost always the last person to get his game in, too, which doesn't help matters.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
He might as well be at the rate he plays his games. Granted he just got his 360 back, but even before that, every time I get online throughout the day I always see him playing something else. He's almost always the last person to get his game in, too, which doesn't help matters.

I will try to contact him over XBL. If not, can you set him up for autopilot so I can play my game?

Any chance we can try to bump the deadline to monday so i can get this weeks and next weeks game played? I'm leaving to go to Wisconsin on tuesday morning and wont be back till the following monday. I travel for work on occasion, if not thats cool hopefully i just win the simulated game. So if we cant bump it I ask everyone to try to get your games played!

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Any chance we can try to bump the deadline to monday so i can get this weeks and next weeks game played? I'm leaving to go to Wisconsin on tuesday morning and wont be back till the following monday. I travel for work on occasion, if not thats cool hopefully i just win the simulated game. So if we cant bump it I ask everyone to try to get your games played!

I can already say now there's practically no chance of that happening. This week's deadline fell on a weekend, so Monday and Tuesday are for people who have other obligations on Saturday and Sunday, not to mention we've got two all-human matchups this week.

What you're asking would actually require me make the deadline tomorrow to advance on Monday, which is way too fast since we just advanced yesterday. Sorry man, but I can't do that for one person. I'm gonna have to put you on Autopilot when you leave for the week(s) you miss while you're gone. Just let me know when you're back so I can take you off.

well if people do get them done you will advance, correct? i will have internet access when im gone so ill post on tuesday night to have you put me on autopilot,

daw840

bobbydigital said:
well if people do get them done you will advance, correct? i will have internet access when im gone so ill post on tuesday night to have you put me on autopilot,

Thrilledge and I have set up plans to play our game today at 7pm EST. If you can motivate the other Human vs Human game to get played you might have a chance. :p

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:

If everyone's done with their games by then, yeah, but I seriously doubt they will. Most of us (myself included) are watching the real-life games and other stuff this weekend and probably won't get our games played till Monday at the earliest.

daw840 said:
Thrilledge and I have set up plans to play our game today at 7pm EST. If you can motivate the other Human vs Human game to get played you might have a chance. :p

Its ok i was just hoping to not have to simulate 2 games and just have to simulate 1.

daw840

daw840 said:

I don't know what the deal with this guy is. I messaged him over XBL this morning and he specifically said he could play at 7:00 EST. I got on about 5 minute before 7:00 and he was online, but away. I did a little recruiting for about 5 minutes and went to invite him to the game, but now he's offline. Why is this guy such a flake? I changed my plans today so I could get this game in, but then he just disappeared offline without even sending a message as to why. I thought maybe he just turned his 360 off and was going to turn it back on, but I have been waiting now for a half hour and he is a no show. This pisses me off greatly.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
I don't know what the deal with this guy is. I messaged him over XBL this morning and he specifically said he could play at 7:00 EST. I got on about 5 minute before 7:00 and he was online, but away. I did a little recruiting for about 5 minutes and went to invite him to the game, but now he's offline. Why is this guy such a flake? I changed my plans today so I could get this game in, but then he just disappeared offline without even sending a message as to why. I thought maybe he just turned his 360 off and was going to turn it back on, but I have been waiting now for a half hour and he is a no show. This pisses me off greatly.

I, for one, am shocked. He was like this a lot in the first season too, and trust me I've noticed it.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
I, for one, am shocked. He was like this a lot in the first season too, and trust me I've noticed it.

Sometimes it's difficult to detect sarcasm on a message board. You, my friend, have perfected it.:lol :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yes, the art of Internet Sarcasm is hard to master. It's best to lay the sarcastic line first, followed up by pertinent information that clearly shows what your true intentions were in the first, dripping wet, sarcastic comment...

Me and Ando weren't able to get the game in today (I was busy in the morning and afternoon(Alabama Game), and he's out till 2 or 3 AM tonight. We're set for sometime tomorrow.

Lonestar

I know....I blame It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Gifs. And procrastination!!! I WON'T GIVE IN TO THE PHOTOBUCKET FASCISTS!

Lonestar

Man, I hate The Return Coverage in this game. I know what DM feels after our game. I would have beaten Ando by 2 TD's, if not for him abusing the AI on Kick Returns :p Boo, I lost 48-35 :/

I'll beat him next year with his crap team, NT :p

Striker

sigh

The disc unreliable shit is still happening. No scratches. No faulty Xbox. To be honest, this ONLY happens for me on EA Sports games (even on Madden games from the Xbox five years ago...).

Anybody else have this happen? A solution? I've searched through some forums and they have it happen often. One thing they have tried is avoid pressing A to go through cut-scenes and animations faster.

Ugh. Only to play a simple fucking game! :mad:

Striker said:
sigh

The disc unreliable shit is still happening. No scratches. No faulty Xbox. To be honest, this ONLY happens for me on EA Sports games (even on Madden games from the Xbox five years ago...).

Anybody else have this happen? A solution? I've searched through some forums and they have it happen often. One thing they have tried is avoid pressing A to go through cut-scenes and animations faster.

Ugh. Only to play a simple fucking game! :mad:

Try clearing your cache http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/xbox360faqs/a/ClearX360Cache.htm

These are instructions on how to do it, you will have to redownload the auto updates but thats all that will happen.

daw840

I can't fucking log on to any EA servers whatsoever. I have tried clearing the cache, didn't help. I hope this is rectified tomorrow, I have been trying to play my game though.

Striker

So I cleared the cache, and it was working great.

Then once I entered the second quarter, it went to shit. Disc unreadable again.

Not sure what to do...

daw840

Striker said:
So I cleared the cache, and it was working great.

Then once I entered the second quarter, it went to shit. Disc unreadable again.

Not sure what to do...

You might want to check into a cleaner disc. A buddy of mine has one and he says he uses it when he starts to have issues and it seems to fix it.

Striker

daw840 said:
You might want to check into a cleaner disc. A buddy of mine has one and he says he uses it when he starts to have issues and it seems to fix it.
Do they sell those at GS? I may run there tomorrow and look at things. I'll ask a worker if I can have a game exchanged. It isn't scratched. Maybe they also know how to help, if at all.

I guess it's safe to sim my game, too. If I lose, oh well. Bunch of BS I can't find a solution to..

I'll try again before I go to bed.

EDIT:

Upon further inspection... I played an online, ranked game (just a tryout basically) and the disc drive made no noise or no stutter. Since the guy was a douche (often pinching and committing to blitz his guys every down using dime and going five wide.. fuck that) I quit, but I wanted to see if the same noise was going on. Once I quit I tried to play our Dynasty game, and before I even kickoff, it's back to the noise making and I know it'll drop me before I get to even play a decent amount. So... yeah, not sure what's up with that. At least I can play Lonestar without any problems... I think.

Lonestar

Heh "I think"

I don't know if we've played against each other before. Maybe Madden only, and I assume it was 360 then.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Heh "I think"

I don't know if we've played against each other before. Maybe Madden only, and I assume it was 360 then.
Yeah once on the 360/Madden league. I was the Cardinals. -_-

daw840

Still can't log onto any EA servers for ANY game. Don't know what the hell is wrong, since other people are logged on in my friends list. :(

Righty10

daw840 said:
Still can't log onto any EA servers for ANY game. Don't know what the hell is wrong, since other people are logged on in my friends list. :(
I was having the same issues earlier, I just kept trying and it eventually let me on.

GCQuinton

I plan to advance at midnight, so if you guys are still having issues up to then let me know and I'll extend the deadline a day.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I plan to advance at midnight, so if you guys are still having issues up to then let me know and I'll extend the deadline a day.
Funny thing is, it seems I'm able to play online games. It doesn't mess up when I'm in the menu fiddling with rosters or depth charts, either.

Only when I play normal games vs. CPU...

daw840

OMFG, NOW I CAN LOG ONTO THE EA SERVERS BUT THE DYNASTY SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH.......FUCK YOU EA, YOU CAN LICK THE FATTEST PART OF MY ASS.

Well, shit. I get unbanned and my reward is that I "get" to play Ando. Oh well, at least I will have two shots at him this year.

Oh, and hello, ladies.

And huge props to GCQuinton who has been a fanfuckingtastic league commissioner, even while suffering as one of the worst teams in the game.

Oh, and Ando, I can't play until Friday night or Saturday morning. What's your schedule like?

Lonestar

Shit, DM, no one told you Ando is permabanned. You have to message him outside of here.

You have alot of shit to catch up reading in just this topic :lol :lol

Righty10

Kam, I'm going to be out of town starting tomorrow and won't be back until Monday evening. Is there anyway that we could get our game in tonight? I'll try to get a hold of you on XBL if you don't check this thread too often.

TheCrow

Righty10 said:
Kam, I'm going to be out of town starting tomorrow and won't be back until Monday evening. Is there anyway that we could get our game in tonight? I'll try to get a hold of you on XBL if you don't check this thread too often.

We can play now. If not I'll be on later tonight in about 2 to 3 hours. I have a feeling I am going to get my first loss.

Righty10

TheCrow said:
We can play now. If not I'll be on later tonight in about 2 to 3 hours. I have a feeling I am going to get my first loss.
How about around 10:30 to 11pm EST?

I just hope Juice doesn't burn me like he burnt UM last Saturday.

Top Bottom