• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton said:
Excessive back spasms forced me to hang up my cleats for good in college, so I have no problems believing that.

I understand that it can be a serious health problem IRL but typically in NCAA back spasms is a 1-2 quarter injury. So im kind of miffed.

daw840

I had to run out of town on for a family emergency. I won't be back until late monday night. When is the deadline for this week? I can't download pics on my moms slow ass computer

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
I had to run out of town on for a family emergency. I won't be back until late monday night. When is the deadline for this week? I can't download pics on my moms slow ass computer

Monday night at midnight EST. If you can play it before 8AM EST Tuesday, I'll hold off on advancing until before I head out for work.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Monday night at midnight EST. If you can play it before 8AM EST Tuesday, I'll hold off on advancing until before I head out for work.

Things have gotten much worse with my grandmothers health, I won't be back to my house until Friday night. Just go ahead and sim it. Sorry.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:
Things have gotten much worse with my grandmothers health, I won't be back to my house until Friday night. Just go ahead and sim it. Sorry.

Sorry to hear about that dude. Hope for the best.

Striker

daw840 said:
Awful news. I'm sorry.

Quinton...

I tried my game, it screwed up, of course... so I just simmed it myself. We lost. Awesome, I know.

Looks like I'll try to get a new copy of NCAA. If that isn't the problem, my 360 is the one that needs replaced. =/

GCQuinton

v73vab.jpg

Lonestar

haha, well...

good thing is, I finished this week up. Bad news is, I tried Fable 2 afterwards, and I'm pretty sure I've got the RROD. Happened once, sometimes it'll play for a bit, the the beep, and frozen again. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll probably just get a new model, since this thing is a launch model. Maybe after I get a new one, I'll see about getting a coffin box for the old one.

Striker

Lonestar said:
haha, well...

good thing is, I finished this week up. Bad news is, I tried Fable 2 afterwards, and I'm pretty sure I've got the RROD. Happened once, sometimes it'll play for a bit, the the beep, and frozen again. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll probably just get a new model, since this thing is a launch model. Maybe after I get a new one, I'll see about getting a coffin box for the old one.
I think mine's hitting that wall, too. Priority shipping usually goes through one full week.

GCQuinton

My Duke Blue Devils close out a disappointing 2009 season with a bang, beating North Carolina 49-48 in double overtime. We finish with a 2-10 record.

GCQuinton

Morning reminder. Deadline's tonight! Last time I checked, the only one game left is Auburn/Alabama (storybook and DM). daw840's already explained his situation, so the Kansas game is probably gonna be simmed.

GCQuinton said:
Morning reminder. Deadline's tonight! Last time I checked, the only one game left is Auburn/Alabama (storybook and DM). daw840's already explained his situation, so the Kansas game is probably gonna be simmed.

We're going to get our game in later tonight.

GCQuinton said:

recruiting is done and ready to advance

GCQuinton

Short and sweet edition since I'm short on time:

Season Two, Week 13

Games

#23 Rutgers (Striker) vs. Louisville (CPU)
#13 Auburn (dammitmattt) vs. #9 Clemson (CPU)
#20 Kansas (daw840) vs. Virginia Tech (CPU)
#6 Georgia (Lonestar) vs. Georgia Tech (CPU)
#1 Florida (Ando) vs. #2 Florida State (CPU)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. Akron (CPU)
Alabama (storybook77) vs. Wake Forest (CPU)
#4 Illinois (KPB) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
Michigan (Righty10) vs. #12 Ohio State (CPU)

BCS Standings

1. Florida 1.000
4. Illinois 0.983
6. Cal 0.969
7. Georgia 0.969
12. Auburn 0.936
22. Kansas 0.847
23. Rutgers 0.843

Player of the Week

Chris Rainey, HB, Florida
73-7 Win Over Colorado
10 car, 213 yards
46 rec yards, 5 Total TD

Game of the Week

Florida vs. Florida State

Headlines

First Bowl Projections Arrive
Moreno Drops From Heisman Talk
Scoring Infractions Issued Against Georgia, Florida
Deadline For Week 13 is Monday!!!

I still think POTW should get priority in user v user games. Ben Tate had 200+ total yds and 4 TDs against a legitimate D. It's not the same when someone gets a ton of yds by exploiting the AI with a quick RB.

GCQuinton

dammitmattt said:
I still think POTW should get priority in user v user games. Ben Tate had 200+ total yds and 4 TDs against a legitimate D. It's not the same when someone gets a ton of yds by exploiting the AI with a quick RB.

To make a long story short on that, if they didn't win POTW on the game they probably won't make it on my list (unless nobody did, then I will and have before) since I don't have the time to dig through all of the games. Especially this morning.

Lonestar

Hell...Stafford had 7 touchdown passes and 1 running! Sure, 3 of those passes were after I starting simming the second half. How did the game decide to NOT have him have POTW...

Infractions...? I simmed the entire 2nd half. I put in the 2nd string, but it put back in the first.

Lonestar said:
Hell...Stafford had 7 touchdown passes and 1 running! Sure, 3 of those passes were after I starting simming the second half. How did the game decide to NOT have him have POTW...

Infractions...? I simmed the entire 2nd half. I put in the 2nd string, but it put back in the first.

You shouldn't have picked a super team

I almost wish that we all would've picked MAC/WAC teams or something...

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:

Well, it wasn't my first choice :p Had to pick someone that gave me the opportunity to beat Auburn every year. I can't help it they overpowered those Tiggers. Otherwise, I could have just went with Miss. State!

GCQuinton

I mentioned it in my message sent to you guys over XBL, but I know the overscoring is gonna happen so once a season is okay (although I try to counter that somewhat with the scheduling to avoid those situations). After that, then they get thrown out and simmed.

dammitmattt said:

it is rewarding when you beat or at least have a really close game with a SEC or PAC-10 or ACC team with a MAC school.

Striker

bobbydigital said:
it is rewarding when you beat or at least have a really close game with a SEC or PAC-10 or ACC team with a MAC school.
Yes.

That's what I had hoped prior to the first season beginning... no top 25 teams picks. Then the Mountain schools and MAC schools, along with some ACC ones, get some love and there's some competitiveness along with building a strong school, instead of being a powerhouse built into an even stronger one. :p

I thought about moving to Louisiana Tech.

Righty10

So I didn't really have time to play, and I was all ready down by 14, I decided to supersim the game. And I lost the game 64 to 7. :lol

Quinton...is there any way to slightly move around the deadlines. My schedule is more or less fixed (out of town Mon-Wed night) so I'm usually forced to fit in a game the night I get back home, which is tough when I have to spread my love to my wife, dogs, new games, and The Office. Is there any way to maybe have Tuesday and Friday deadlines or something similar?

Also, on another note, what am I doing wrong with recruiting? I start out having 15 5-star players that I'm first or second choice for. I give them lots of love every week and A-A+ visits but I still lose most of them. I think I only got 2-3 5-stars this year. I'm losing almost all of the guys I'm 2nd for and most of the ones I'm 1st for!!! It's very, very frustrating, especially since Florida and Georgia are usually the ones stealing them.

And on a last note, what are the chances of us all being forced to change jobs in the future, taking over unranked non-BCS teams? I think it would be fun. I always choose Auburn no matter where they're ranked because they're my alma mater, but I'd like to see how well guys like Ando could succeed with subpar talent (hint: I'm sure he'll do fine). Maybe the coaches on the highest-rated teams have to take the biggest ratings cut when moving to a new team, or we could at least cap the overall team rating. Just a thought to mix it up down the line. It's no fun to watch Ando's Gators win it all every year :/

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:
Also, on another note, what am I doing wrong with recruiting? I start out having 15 5-star players that I'm first or second choice for. I give them lots of love every week and A-A+ visits but I still lose most of them. I think I only got 2-3 5-stars this year. I'm losing almost all of the guys I'm 2nd for and most of the ones I'm 1st for!!! It's very, very frustrating, especially since Florida and Georgia are usually the ones stealing them.

Don't worry, I'm stealing them all in PS3 land too.

If we all decide to go "down a level" then, where do we go? Would we stay split apart, or choose the same conference?

GCQuinton

dammitmattt said:
Quinton...is there any way to slightly move around the deadlines. My schedule is more or less fixed (out of town Mon-Wed night) so I'm usually forced to fit in a game the night I get back home, which is tough when I have to spread my love to my wife, dogs, new games, and The Office. Is there any way to maybe have Tuesday and Friday deadlines or something similar?

And on a last note, what are the chances of us all being forced to change jobs in the future, taking over unranked non-BCS teams? I think it would be fun. I always choose Auburn no matter where they're ranked because they're my alma mater, but I'd like to see how well guys like Ando could succeed with subpar talent (hint: I'm sure he'll do fine). Maybe the coaches on the highest-rated teams have to take the biggest ratings cut when moving to a new team, or we could at least cap the overall team rating. Just a thought to mix it up down the line. It's no fun to watch Ando's Gators win it all every year :/

1. I took note of that when you came back on the boards and mentioned it earlier. I guess once this seasons done we can all re-assess our schedules and come up with an updated deadline schedule.

2. I can't offer much on that one since I'm Duke right now, but even when I did play as powerhouse schools in the last two NCAA games I never landed more than an average of 4 5 star players. Gotta spread the love out to the 4 and 3 stars!

3. Read the OP on this one, but I think I emailed you that too when the season started about the coaching changes. I'm not gonna force anyone to give up their teams, but there's a system in place if you wanna move up or down.

Striker

I wouldn't mind if everybody took the lower team approach and forced things to get competitive (not just between users, but also the CPU). Teams from the MAC, WAC, Conference USA, few from Big East, and the Sun Belt, for example. If Ando wants North Texas, that's great. He's a good player so I'm sure he'll be competitive with them. Surely he won't score 60 or 70, I assume, but that's for the better.

As I said before, I have thought about switching to LA Tech or some school with 2 stars or so.

In my offline Dynasty, I'm using Western Michigan. I am hoping to get a BCS Conference Invite soon. :)

Striker said:
I wouldn't mind if everybody took the lower team approach and forced things to get competitive (not just between users, but also the CPU). Teams from the MAC, WAC, Conference USA, few from Big East, and the Sun Belt, for example. If Ando wants North Texas, that's great. He's a good player so I'm sure he'll be competitive with them. Surely he won't score 60 or 70, I assume, but that's for the better.

As I said before, I have thought about switching to LA Tech or some school with 2 stars or so.

In my offline Dynasty, I'm using Western Michigan. I am hoping to get a BCS Conference Invite soon. :)

I used Kent St. in my offline dynasty and got a invite into the Big Ten, dominated the big ten for a few years and now i'm rebuilding Arizona St. into a Pac-10 powerhouse. Though i've been playing fable too much to play my offline dynasty so i better practice before next seasons human games come around.

GCQuinton

Quick reminder in case some forgot: BCS conference invites and coaching changes aren't available in online dynasty, hence the coaching changes point system we have. This week's deadline is on Thursday, but let's try to knock them out ASAP since there are only three of them.

GCQuinton said:
Quick reminder in case some forgot: BCS conference invites and coaching changes aren't available in online dynasty, hence the coaching changes point system we have. This week's deadline is on Thursday, but let's try to knock them out ASAP since there are only three of them.

Yes we know we were talking exclusively about our offline dynasties. And im not changing this year i actually might be getting a 4 star FS and a 4 star WR so im going to have a few other options on offense.

But if anyone would like to join me in the MAC Bowling Green or Miami of Ohio or even Akron wouldn't be a bad choice.

Striker

458 all purpose yards? I thought forcing the ball to players isn't... what we're suppose to do? (pad stats?)

Unless there's 200-some yards on KR or something.

TheCrow

Striker said:
458 all purpose yards? I thought forcing the ball to players isn't... what we're suppose to do? (pad stats?)

Unless there's 200-some yards on KR or something.

He returned 2 punts for touchdowns and I took him out after the second. I knew right after that his stats would look suspicious.

Striker

My WR's will not be good next year. I'm a sad panda :(

That said, my recruiting isn't going what I'd like to think as... good. My DE's who I've set up to commit are going to Ohio for pete's sake, my top CB recruit went to Boston College, and Florida is/has my five-star RB. >:|

Top Bottom