• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

10pu2yv.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Moreno had something like 330 total yards, when you add in 55 on KR and somewhere around 110 on PR (and the 5th TD)

Lonestar

bobbydigital said:
If you let the rosters default to your best kick returner it is sometimes going to be your best running back.

This. He's been returning the entire year, dude. You don't remember him in the game against you? I'll have to check later, but I think you might have had Ben Tate as your returner..

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
If you let the rosters default to your best kick returner it is sometimes going to be your best running back.

Yeah, in college it's fairly common to have your top backs returning kicks. If this was Madden it'd probably be an issue, but in NCAA it's fine.

Lonestar said:
This. He's been returning the entire year, dude. You don't remember him in the game against you? I'll have to check later, but I think you might have had Ben Tate as your returner..

I have Chris Slaughter and some other WR. However, the game does stupidly default Tate and someone else back there in the regular rosters, which is annoying since Tate isn't known for his speed and has never returned anything for Auburn.

I'm mainly giving you a hard time since I can't recall Moreno ever returning anything in real life, but if he's your best option, go for it.

GCQuinton

I'm not ready to call him our QB of the future yet, but 3-star recruit Doug Fox just committed to the Blue Devils. He's definitely gonna have a shot if RS Freshman Sean Renfree doesn't get any better.

TheCrow

Now for me to make the National Championship game I need either Auburn or Kansas to win their game and then I would be in. Please don't let me down :D

daw840

TheCrow said:
Now for me to make the National Championship game I need either Auburn or Kansas to win their game and then I would be in. Please don't let me down :D

I don't know about Auburn winning against Ando, but I will do my best to catapult you into a loss to Ando.:lol

daw840

TheCrow said:
:(

On second thought don't try so hard to win. Just do your best...

"Doing your best is for losers. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

"Karla was the prom queen"

:lol :lol :lol

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Is your brother still interested in the open team slot?

He has been having a lot of problems with a reliable internet connection, so not right now. I have tried to play him many times online and we have never actually been able to complete a game. :(

Well, I just lost to Ando 35-21, and our games always bring to the forefront a few of the severe flaws in the game, player speed and tackling pathing. It's extremely frustrating to see his VERY speedy running back break off big runs because my linebackers and safeties take shitty angles and then can't come close to recovering because the disparity in speed is so great. My running back has a 94 for speed but doesn't really run away from anyone while Ando's probably has a 98-99 speed and can run away from ANYONE in the game.

Here are the reasons that I lost the game:

1. Ando is just plain good and ALWAYS figures out how to exploit the AI weaknesses in the game, so his offense is incredibly hard to stop, even with my 94-ranked defense.

2. His linebacker speed is considerably greater than mine. My linebackers can't cover anyone while his can cover the entire middle of the field and pick off passes with superhuman leaping ability.

3. My QB threw 5 interceptions, 3 of which were just SHITTY throws. I think Ando's D only dropped one potential pick the entire game, while I dropped 3 or 4 while going without a pick.

4. His one deep bomb against man coverage was perfectly thrown and caught. I had two deep bombs to open receivers that were slightly overthrown and two more that were underthrown, one for a pick.

Otherwise, it was a close game with me actually outgaining him, but that was negated with the 5 turnovers.

I do have a bone to pick that I already shared with him. It was 28-21 with roughly one minute left and Florida had the ball with a 2nd and 7 around midfield. I had just used my 2nd timeout so I had one left. I stupidly pull my safety in and he hit the (ever open) crossing route for the first down to secure the game. Any coach would tell you to get down and run the clock out so you don't give the other team a chance to do anything fluky and come back. Plus, there's the whole sportsmanship thing.

I don't think anyone was surprised to see Ando instead turn on the jets and high-step into the endzone to make it 35-21. It was a classless and annoying thing to do, especially coming from probably the best player in the league with probably the best team. It's not like he was a huge underdog. He was supposed to win the game, but still had to run it up and showboat. He claimed that he thought I had two timeouts and wanted to ice the game, but I think that's bullshit because he pays so much attention to the game itself that I know he knew the situation. Plus, it's just assholish to showboat as you're sticking the dagger into the opposing team.

Kent State get gets even better Inking two top recruits, and despite what the critics have said one is a WR.

4 Star WR Travis Hall and 4 Star FS Brian Horne will be suiting up with the Golden Flashes next year. Also to be noted Chase Brink K from NY also signs a letter of intent.

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:

I wouldn't say he's the best player. Best team, an almost horseshit, Win Button, speed team. But I know I would have beaten him, if he hadn't taken advantage of the KR AI problems. 21 points on 3 kick returns, and I believe I lost by 14 or so.

Lonestar said:
I wouldn't say he's the best player. Best team, an almost horseshit, Win Button, speed team. But I know I would have beaten him, if he hadn't taken advantage of the KR AI problems. 21 points on 3 kick returns, and I believe I lost by 14 or so.

You're up there with him, but he has a level of cheese/exploitness that you lack, which gives him the edge. And I mean that as a compliment to you.

Lonestar

hey, there IS a reason he's been disliked in the Madden Crew for quite a few years.

haha, here's what I said after the game:

Lonestar said:
Man, I hate The Return Coverage in this game. I know what DM feels after our game. I would have beaten Ando by 2 TD's, if not for him abusing the AI on Kick Returns :p Boo, I lost 48-35 :/

I'll beat him next year with his crap team, NT :p

Lonestar said:
hey, there IS a reason he's been disliked in the Madden Crew for quite a few years.

It's awesome that we can totally rip Ando here and he can't do a damn thing about it!!! Anyone else want to pile on?

Sorry, Ando

Also, Lonestar, I propose that we play our next head-to-head game in person for a league first (I think).

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:
It's awesome that we can totally rip Ando here and he can't do a damn thing about it!!! Anyone else want to pile on?

Sorry, Ando

Also, Lonestar, I propose that we play our next head-to-head game in person for a league first (I think).

As long as it's not at "my" house :/

That is if I don't choose to just stay in Hawaii when I take my planned vacation! BEACH BUMMMMMMING!

daw840

Well, 2 years in a row KU has made it to the Big XII Championship......and lost. The CPU seems to become UNSTOPPABLE at the worst times. I was ahead 31-28 with 3:00 left in the 4th quarter, only to fucking lose 49 TO FUCKING 31!! The CPU picked off 2 GOOD passes with some sort of spidey senses and ran them BOTH back for TD's. Plus they threaded the needle for a 65 yard pass to the endzone.

GCQuinton

The only bowl game slated for Bowl Week 2 is the Motor City Bowl (Kent State vs. Troy). The deadline is Wednesday.

Aside from the National Championship, the remaining bowl games are in Bowl Week 3.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
Storybook, when do you want to play? Tomorrow?

Hold off of making schedules till bobbydigital's game is played. You won't be able to play it till I advance the week as I just mentioned.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Hold off of making schedules till bobbydigital's game is played. You won't be able to play it till I advance the week as I just mentioned.

Oh, LOL. Sorry, didn't realize that.

Lonestar

dammitmattt said:
How the hell is unranked Kansas State in the Sugar Bowl against Lone's #5 Georgia?!?

That is an interesting question...

Better than PS3's league, where we have a #5 Bowling Green, and a #6 UAB. Yep.....

GCQuinton said:
The only bowl game slated for Bowl Week 2 is the Motor City Bowl (Kent State vs. Troy). The deadline is Wednesday.

Aside from the National Championship, the remaining bowl games are in Bowl Week 3.

I will play my game after work when i get back from voting

cubanb

Banned
Best got the Heisman? awesome, i didnt think he would get it this year.

This year's Rose Bowl is a repeat of last years'.

When are you ready to play crow? Tomorrow after 4:30 pst would be best for me.

cubanb said:
Best got the Heisman? awesome, i didnt think he would get it this year.

This year's Rose Bowl is a repeat of last years'.

When are you ready to play crow? Tomorrow after 4:30 pst would be best for me.

Jarvis got hurt plus i had 4 bye weeks at the end of the season screwed me over

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Jarvis got hurt plus i had 4 bye weeks at the end of the season screwed me over

Jarvis was falling out of the Heisman race before he got hurt, so I don't think he would have won it anyway. There's a difference between a bye week and no game at all due to your regular season being done. There weren't that many games in Weeks 14 and no games in Week 15 to begin with, so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

GCQuinton said:
Jarvis was falling out of the Heisman race before he got hurt, so I don't think he would have won it anyway. There's a difference between a bye week and no game at all due to your regular season being done. There weren't that many games in Weeks 14 and no games in Week 15 to begin with, so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

I don't agree with the fact that he was falling before he got hurt considering he was number 1 in the voting the week before he got hurt in the second quarter of the game, I am not stupid i realize there are only a select number of teams that play in the last 2 weeks of the season (mostly rivalry games and such). And you know what I wanted to win it but its not that big of a deal. But next year my quarterback is going to be off the chain so I think hes got a good shot at picking up some hardware.

daw840 said:
I am available almost every evening and weekends. Just let me know what works best for you.

Let's shoot for tomorrow night, probably around 10 or so if that's ok with you. I've got to straighten up the house tonight or the wife will kill me when she gets back tomorrow. :D

daw840

storybook77 said:
Let's shoot for tomorrow night, probably around 10 or so if that's ok with you. I've got to straighten up the house tonight or the wife will kill me when she gets back tomorrow. :D

Your time has come. Are you ready for our bowl game?

Top Bottom