• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

The only issues I have so far have been option plays (the AI is bad as it is, so many option plays can put a game away real quickly) and screens. I haven't had a person spam the HB screens, though. It's just a matter of when it happens, because most often it works. :\

GCQuinton

We've advanced to Week 5 of recruiting. Deadline is Friday!

In other news, storybook77 has dropped from the league. That leaves us now at 9 members, and possibly 8 if Righty10 doesn't update me on his status soon. If you guys know anybody interested in joining up, let me know.

Striker

bobbydigital said:
Here is a clip from my upcoming skate video to be released in Q2 2009

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/576317/244035.aspx

It would be great if you guys could hook me up with some views and ratings if you like it.

BTW who won the National Championship this year? and Quinton, Navy? really. You should have took over the Golden Flashes!
EA's been on the ball with the videos getting sent online.

Hopefully for Madden '10 they have online Franchise. The way they set up Online Dynasty for NCAA '09 is great. Maybe this year I'll get both games! :p

Bluemax won the title, I believe, as USC.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Here is a clip from my upcoming skate video to be released in Q2 2009

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/576317/244035.aspx

It would be great if you guys could hook me up with some views and ratings if you like it.

BTW who won the National Championship this year? and Quinton, Navy? really. You should have took over the Golden Flashes!

I would have, but they had a coach who gave them three 10 win seasons and put them of my reach according to the coaching change guidelines :lol . The main reasons I decided go with Navy are I'll pretty much be able to make my own schedule as we get better and they're the only service academy that does anything remotely close to redshirting (prep school).

Hope everything's going well with the skateboarding!

GCQuinton said:
I would have, but they had a coach who gave them three 10 win seasons and put them of my reach according to the coaching change guidelines :lol . The main reasons I decided go with Navy are I'll pretty much be able to make my own schedule as we get better and they're the only service academy that does anything remotely close to redshirting (prep school).

Hope everything's going well with the skateboarding!

Its a really good game but i'm looking forward to ncaa 2010 still, is it july yet?

bluemax

Banned
Recruiting is stupid broken in this game.

How is it that my biggest holes are MLB and C and I can't get even 1 stars to sign with me but I can get 4 of the top 25 QBs?

Also I hate how there is no way of remembering what an athlete's projected positions are without going back and looking through all those recruits.

In offline dynasty I also had a hole at MLB and recruited a bunch of athletes to fill that position and they were all great free safeties and abysmal MLBs (like 60s) and so not knowing the stupid position requirements beforehand I switched them to FS, but then had to cut them as FS's because I had too many players but I also got forced to keep a walk on at MLB who was even worse.

It seems kind of odd that OLBs drop like 10 points from their ratings if moved to MLB too.

Striker

Best choice you could do for ATH at MLB is redshirt them and improve their skill after one season.

I notice most of them are DB or WR.

TheCrow

I wish OLBs could be moved to MLB or even DE more easily. I have like 5 OLBs in the mid 80s. I have no problem getting linebackers but I hardly get good CBs.

GCQuinton

We've advanced! The deadline for position changes is Sunday!

Also, after we're done with this step I'll be immediately advancing to the preseason unless anyone has any objections. With that said, you guys know the drill by now: From 1 to 9, rank your list of preferred opponents and PM it to me. If you played a person this past season, you won't play them two years in a row.

Striker

TheCrow said:
I wish OLBs could be moved to MLB or even DE more easily. I have like 5 OLBs in the mid 80s. I have no problem getting linebackers but I hardly get good CBs.
Moving a DE to OLB would be better. if you play a 3-4 or use it often, you could put those ends at LB and have a greater chance of attacking the QB.

I use 5-2 a lot, so these things come to me. Didn't Madden '09 have formation subs? NCAA needs that. Making an ace package for a Dime or say a 4-4 defense would be great.

Also, Quinton, I messaged you on Live but apparently you went off before you received it. I mentioned the cuts thing, too. You can even set it at one day, and it'll be fine. I would do that. I don't want the CPU cutting certain players just if they went over the position limit. :\

GCQuinton

Yeah, that's why I wanted to run it by you guys first before doing. We can have a one day deadline for cutting players after this step.

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
Moving a DE to OLB would be better. if you play a 3-4 or use it often, you could put those ends at LB and have a greater chance of attacking the QB.

I use 5-2 a lot, so these things come to me. Didn't Madden '09 have formation subs? NCAA needs that. Making an ace package for a Dime or say a 4-4 defense would be great.

Also, Quinton, I messaged you on Live but apparently you went off before you received it. I mentioned the cuts thing, too. You can even set it at one day, and it'll be fine. I would do that. I don't want the CPU cutting certain players just if they went over the position limit. :\

NCAA used to have formation subs, I used it all the time back in 05 with Reggie and Lendale.

And OLBs used to get decent ratings at DEs. It is kind of dumb when you have a guy like Clay Mathews who plays a cross between DE and OLB who has to be put as a DE just so he gets the right ratings.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If you bypass the cutting date, then I'm leaving the league. It's that simple. It randomly cuts players, and could cut players you don't want to have cut.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
If you bypass the cutting date, then I'm leaving the league. It's that simple. It randomly cuts players, and could cut players you don't want to have cut.

What part of "We can have a one day deadline for cutting players after this step" didn't you get? I'm not skipping it.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Posted from a cell phone, and didn't get through all the messages :p It's serious business!
CUPCAKE.jpg

GCQuinton

We've advanced! Since everyone finished ahead of time, the deadline for cutting players is tonight(Sunday) at midnight! Get it done!

Striker

Finished mine, but boy. Had to cut a few WR's since I was overloaded.

Only have two TE's, both of which are fairly bad. D:

This made me think of an Online Franchise for Madden. Say you're a top team in the league and have to make cuts for the CAP or whatnot, and you do and he enters FA. That would allow a bad team be able to pick him up if money allows it and he has a shot to improve in that season. Would be so fun. Fucking do it EA!

GCQuinton

We're finally in the preseason! Deadline for all tasks is Wednesday! If you haven't sent me your schedule preferences, do it ASAP!

GCQuinton

4ktlwp.jpg

THE COMMISH ANNOUNCES HUMAN-PLAYED GAMES FOR SEASON FOUR

"Without further ado, here are all of the human played games for each team in Season Four. One of the first things everyone should immediately notice is that most of us are playing three human opponents this season as opposed to four from the previous seasons. With the reduction of members, this was something I just couldn't get around for everybody."

AUBURN TIGERS:

Michigan Wolverines
Georgia Bulldogs
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

NAVY MIDSHIPMEN:

Syracuse Orange
North Texas Mean Green
Georgia Bulldogs

GEORGIA BULLDOGS:

Syracuse Orange
Auburn Tigers
Navy Midshipmen

ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI:

Syracuse Orange
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Michigan Wolverines
USC Trojans

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES:

Auburn Tigers
North Texas Mean Green
Illinois Fighting Illini

NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN:

USC Trojans
Michigan Wolverines
Navy Midshipmen

RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS:

USC Trojans
Illinois Fighting Illini
Syracuse Orange
Auburn Tigers

SYRACUSE ORANGE:

Illinois Fighting Illini
Georgia Bulldogs
Navy Midshipmen
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

USC TROJANS:

North Texas Mean Green
Rutgers
Illinois Fighting Illini

GCQuinton

We're officially in Season Four, folks! Deadline for Week 1 is Sunday!

And note to Righty10/Michigan, if you haven't come back by the end of Week 3 you'll be dropped for good.

bluemax

Banned
And I already have two commits, a 5 Star DE and a 3 Star (#5 for his position) C. Hopefully I can make up for last year's atrocious class.

Striker

bluemax said:
And I already have two commits, a 5 Star DE and a 3 Star (#5 for his position) C. Hopefully I can make up for last year's atrocious class.
I'll be lucky to land those types of recruits for the whole year. -_-

At least I'm home vs. USC in Week 2 rather than @USC, :lol
I'll still lose

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
I'll be lucky to land those types of recruits for the whole year. -_-

At least I'm home vs. USC in Week 2 rather than @USC, :lol
I'll still lose

Speaking of which, can you play on Sunday?

bluemax

Banned
Are there rules on QB sneaks? Because they are absolutely unstoppable.

Also is there a way to stop WR bubble screens? Ye gods did I get victimized on them.

Striker

bluemax said:

Also is there a way to stop WR bubble screens? Ye gods did I get victimized on them.
Screens and option plays in general should be vastly limited, or at least I hope people are doing so..

TheCrow

I have never used a screen play. I just feel that most of the time it is an easy first down.

BigAT, I can probably play later tonight at around 7 CST. If not tonight I'll be available all day Saturday.

GCQuinton

bluemax said:

This basically boils down to the very first rule I set:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

One example of that applying to this game? If you're down in the second half/fourth quarter of the game on something like a 4th and 2. And my record didn't exactly set the world on fire with Duke, but I've stopped a couple of QB sneaks (on the goal line no less). Long story short: Read rule 1. Same deal with the screens. If someone's abusing them, let me know.

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
Screens and option plays in general should be vastly limited, or at least I hope people are doing so..

Not to sound sour grapes but I'd venture that 90% of the passes I saw yesterday were RB screens or WR screens. I do suppose it is my fault for not switching up my tactics too much. I played a good deal out of 4-3 packages and so after my initial corner got beat it was always an easy 8-9 yards.

The QB sneaks were all at legit times, 4th down and inches or goal to go type deals so no big deal there.

Of course none of this explains why my D-Line couldn't stop his RB on basic running plays.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Who did you play?

He played Ando/North Texas. The fact that Ando even made it a game (and a very close one at that) against a human-controlled defending national champion USC with North Texas in his second year with them is impressive.

GCQuinton said:
He played Ando/North Texas. The fact that Ando even made it a game (and a very close one at that) against a human-controlled defending national champion USC with North Texas in his second year with them is impressive.

Hot routing every receiver and defensive set every time can do wonders

Striker

I played Ando/North Texas last season and our game came down to the wire.

He just used a lot of 3-4 WR sets and I had to rely on blitzing and my DL getting to his Vick-like QB a lot. I did, and I forced plays and errant throws in the end. I wouldn't consider it cheese much, since his team didn't have loads of 90 guys and throwing all day.

TheCrow

BigAT and I just finished our game. He disconnected a few times, thus the 4 restarts. BigAT is pretty good, I had a tough time trying to run the ball. GCQ, you can advance now.

GCQuinton

We've advanced! Week 2 Deadline is Tuesday!

Righty10, if you can, I'd strongly suggest trying to play dammitmattt before the weekend's over since he works the first few days of the week.

GCQuinton

Birdman02 said:
Do you guys have room for another player? I'd like to join with Nebraska, if possible, but any team will do.

We've got three open spots and we're only in Week 2, so I personally don't have a problem with it. The only concern that I (and I assume some other members) have is if you came on as Nebraska at this moment you wouldn't be playing any human opponents since the schedules are done. Coming off a season where this was the case for our last national champ, it'd be ideal not to have that scenario two years running.

If everyone else is cool with you being Nebraska, I'm fine with it. If not, take a look at all the member teams and pick a team from one of those conferences if you wanna come on board this season. Read the OP and let me know what you wanna do.

Birdman02

I'll go ahead and take Oregon, so there's not 3 teams in any one conference. I assume you'll have to send me an invite...GT is Birdman1702.

Striker

Bluemax,

if you can play tomorrow night (around 11 PM EST) I can do that. If not then, I have all day Monday until the later evening hours. Let me know what's up!

Top Bottom