• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
Bluemax,

if you can play tomorrow night (around 11 PM EST) I can do that. If not then, I have all day Monday until the later evening hours. Let me know what's up!

8pm PST? I'll do my best to be online.

I have work tomorrow so hopefully we can get the game in tonight.

bluemax

Banned
Can you play in the next 20 minutes or so? I have time before work. I'll hop in the shower and then come check for your reply.

BigAT

Lonestar, are you going to be around at all tonight to possibly get our game in? If not, I'm available pretty much all of tomorrow.

Striker

bluemax said:
Can you play in the next 20 minutes or so? I have time before work. I'll hop in the shower and then come check for your reply.
I got home around midnight or close til. I signed on XBL and didn't see you there. I would guess you were gone by then.

Is the week going to be simmed tonight or is it until Tuesday night?

bluemax

Banned
Dunno but I'll be up early again tomorrow if you have time. Otherwise let me know and I'll schedule the time with my girlfriend.

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
Yep I'm off. Let me know.

I'm up now. I'll turn my 360 on and wait around.

Edit: Walking dogs will be back in 20 minutes or so.

Edit: Back, will wait another 15 minutes otherwise let us plan on playing around 7:30pm PST.

Striker

bluemax said:
Are we advancing tonight or do you have time tomorrow in the morning? I'll get up at 5am if I have to...
It's fine, don't worry about it. I couldn't get to my 360 in time tonight. Sorry for that.

Striker

Crow,

I'm off Monday, but like Wsv said, better early than later! I work next two days and get home late (though I get home 9 PM EST tomorrow). Whatever is working for you, let me know!

bluemax

Banned
What the shit I don't play Notre Dame? They're my fucking Rivals! Not playing them is borderline blasphemy!

How did I not catch this sooner?

Striker

Fought a very close game vs. Illinois, but came up short.

On the third play from scrimmage, my two right OL stood there as his end came to sack my QB, and he got listed with a serious injury and he's gone for the year. :(

I'm not in DM's situation where I have countless 85's backing up my QB, either!

TheCrow

Great game, striker. Our game was close throughout and it came down to a last second field goal. At least it was a straight kick because if I had a weird angle I probably don't make it. The game wouldn't have been close only if my DBs didn't have hands of steel. Every pick just bounced off and I ended up with like 8 deflections.

The last game left is matts and then we can advance.

TheCrow

yeah, I had no school today so I am good to go whenever. My sister will probably be playing saints row, so just send me a message when you are ready.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman or whatever what times are good for you? I'm guessing We'll have a Monday to Wednesday window, can you play in evenings or mornings PST?

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
Birdman or whatever what times are good for you? I'm guessing We'll have a Monday to Wednesday window, can you play in evenings or mornings PST?

The deadline for Week 10 will be Wednesday, so yeah the window's right.

Birdman02

bluemax said:

I work 9-7, but I can play any of those nights after 9 est up until about 2-3. Let me know which evening works best for you.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
I work 9-7, but I can play any of those nights after 9 est up until about 2-3. Let me know which evening works best for you.

Tomorrow night will probably work better since I need to go grocery shopping tonight but possibly tonight.

Add me, BlueMaxMB. I'll try to hop online tonight to do my recruiting and if you're on we can play.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, though I've pretty much going to drop the league soon afterwards. I've forgotten the last 2 weeks, that ain't good.

GCQuinton

This should make things interesting next season:

NCAA Football 10: Custom Conferences

Hey Everybody, I'm Ben Haumiller and I'm a designer on the NCAA Football series. I've been at Tiburon since 2000, starting out as a tester in QA, and I've been a member of the NCAA Football design team since NCAA 06. Since joining the team I've primary worked on our career modes (Dynasty, Campus Legend, etc.) our Online features, as well as a lot of the features you'll find when checking out the My NCAA and Team Management sections of the Main Menu. You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate college football fan than myself, so working on the NCAA Football series has been a dream come true.

On NCAA Football 09 I was the designer for what had been long considered the "Holy Grail of NCAA features", Online Dynasty. I couldn't have been more excited to get this feature into the game. Dynasty is without a doubt my favorite feature in any sports game, and bringing that experience online brought a tremendous amount of life into an already great game mode. Based on the feedback from the community I was not the only one that was able to resurrect gaming rivalries with old college roommates that now live on the other side of the country, increase my desire to sign the recruits in the nation for no other reason than to force the other dynasty members to settle for a 3 star prospect, and feeling the pressure of knowing the result of your head to head game will mean the difference between a BCS berth or finishing your season in December.

When it comes to any Dynasty (online of offline) it all starts with which team(s) will be human controlled. One of the most difficult decisions to make is which conference will be used. If you are all about the head to head games and want that BCS tie-in then the PAC-10 and Big East are great options since you know for sure you will play everyone each year. If you have a full 12 members and want to decide the conference title in a championship game, or if you want the challenge of taking a "mid major" and turning them into the next powerhouse you have a number of options.

However, sometimes it's not that easy, sometimes it can be next to impossible to find a conference with the right mix of teams to make everyone happy. Well in NCAA Football 10 we have made life easier on commissioners across the nation with the addition of Custom Conferences. Now you will be able to swap any school in or out of your conference and replace them with another FBS school. Each conference will keep their current number of members, so if you feel it's about time that Notre Dame joins the Big Ten you've got to decide which school will become an Independent. Since there are 120 FBS schools in real life, you will need to keep 120 FBS schools in your dynasty. While Michigan fans won't be able to prevent Ohio State from ever playing football again, they can take pride in relegating them to the MAC.

Custom Conferences will allow for increased flexibility in your dynasties. Now it's entirely up to you how the college football landscape will look in your dynasty. If you can't play with anyone but your Cornhuskers, and your friend feels the same way about Clemson don't just duke it out in a non-conference game, put a conference title on the line.

Wanna create a super conference with the top schools in the nation? Go right ahead. Do you miss the days of the old Southwest Conference, dust off the old wishbone playbook and put them all in the WAC, Mountain West, or Sun Belt. In NCAA Football 10 it's up to you how you want to set it up.

-Ben

GCQuinton

Hey guys,

The deadline for Week 14 was supposed to be tonight, but I've decided to put the league on hold until I get an answer from everybody on the following question:

Do you all still want to keep this going? And if so for how much longer? As I've said on numerous occasions, I don't mind running this thing up to the week NCAA Football 10 comes out, but if the interest isn't there (and it's increasingly starting to look like it), I don't see the point.

That said, here's what I'm gonna do...if more than 6 people are still down for playing in this then I'll keep running it. I may even try to to look for folks outside of GAF to fill the roster out. Otherwise, I'll just wrap things up after this season's over. Let me know what you guys wanna do. A simple yay or nay will do.

GCQuinton

Alright, including myself I've got confirmation that 5 of us wanna keep this thing going. I'll wait to hear back from the people I haven't yet and let you guys know what's gonna happen ASAP.

BigAT

I'm definitely interested in keeping this going. I haven't been able to get in my week 14 game yet because of complications from switching my 360 over to a 120 gig HDD, but that should be fixed tonight hopefully.

bluemax

Banned
I've lost some interest and desire but I could probably play another season.

Right now I'm bummed at the possibility of having to play Illinois twice this season.

Top Bottom