• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Alright, the season has been resumed. In light of yesterday's stuff, tomorrow night at midnight is the new deadline for Week 14. The people who have left have been dropped as well.

Sucks too, as this season would have been the first all-human National Championship game if it played out like it had.

Striker

Quinton,

Any ideas on the online Dynasty for '10? At least, in terms of team selections, conferences, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of everybody using a powerhouse. It adds no ability/skill to recruiting, except against teams the project is interested in. If he has a couple or more human schools, then it gets fun, but how often is that? I guess we'll see.

I would like the use of non-ranked teams and eventually build a rivalry or add entertainment to getting a top flight recruit for the teams.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Quinton,

Any ideas on the online Dynasty for '10? At least, in terms of team selections, conferences, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of everybody using a powerhouse. It adds no ability/skill to recruiting, except against teams the project is interested in. If he has a couple or more human schools, then it gets fun, but how often is that? I guess we'll see.

I would like the use of non-ranked teams and eventually build a rivalry or add entertainment to getting a top flight recruit for the teams.

I completely agree with the idea of building a team up in Dynasty mode (as my three losing seasons with Duke and one winning season with Navy indicate), but I know it probably wouldn't fly with the folks that wanna play as their team. Since my job as commish is to meet and regulate the needs of everyone, making everyone pick a team to build isn't something I'll do unless everyone's on board with it.

As far as the conferences go, I can already tell you guys I'm not gonna be doing any crazy reshuffling and will keep that as grounded as possible (ex. if bobbydigital wanted to move Kent State to the Big Ten after 3-4 dominant seasons, I'd do that but wouldn't be making any superconferences). Not sure exactly how I'm gonna do it yet, but there's a couple of months to figure it out.

bluemax

Banned
TheCrow said:
I'm in for a couple more seasons.

And bluemax, I also am not looking forward to facing you once let alone two times. :lol

I'm going to be online most of the afternoon, hit me up when you want to play.

GCQuinton

Congrats to KamikazePIPBoy (TheCrow) for Illnois' National Championship!

That said, we've advanced to the off-season, folks! First order of business is to take care of your transfer activities if any. Deadline's Sunday.

Also, if anybody's interested in joining (or coming back for people who have left), now's the time! Just let me know!

GCQuinton

Forgot to advance before I headed out to work yesterday morning, but did it last night when I got home.

Recruiting's over, and now we're in the player position changes section. Deadline for that is Sunday.

GCQuinton

Alright guys, we're officially in the preseason for Year 5!! Deadine for all preseason activities is Tuesday!

Also, since we're only at seven members now send in your top two preferred opponents to play. As always, if you played them last season you can't play them again this season.

GCQuinton

Hey guys,

Earlier today I was asked by one of our members about how much longer we're going to be running the dynasty so they'd be able to better plan their redshirts. I've got no problems at all running this up to the release of NCAA Football 10, but I wanted to ask you guys:

I'm thinking now about setting an end date to this dynasty so we're all not burned out on this before July, so how many more seasons do you guys wanna go for? Right now I'm thinking two (this coming season, with the one afterwards being the last), but I wanted to get you guys' thoughts on it. And if you haven't sent me your opponents lists, do it!

Also, with a lot of the PS3 guys coming back to the 360 for NCAA 10, it's looking like we're gonna have two 360 dynasties. If you or any of the guys who dropped are still interested in sticking with mine (same rules and stuff will probably apply), let me know!

BigAT

Would we even be able to get in more than 2 seasons if we wanted to? The last one was a little over two months long, which would probably put us finishing the second season in July or August if they take as long as this most recent one.

Personally, I think playing through one more and then breaking until 2010 is the way to go. That being said, I would participate in a second season if you decide to go that route.

Also, I will definitely be participating in 2010 dynasty (hopefully as Rutgers this time).

TheCrow

Yeah, I think making this season the last would be for the best. It will give us a break from NCAA. I am coming back for 2010 but does any know if they upped the amount of people who can be in an online dynasty.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I think making this season the last would be for the best. It will give us a break from NCAA. I am coming back for 2010 but does any know if they upped the amount of people who can be in an online dynasty.

Nope, still 12. It looks like the guys from the PS3 side are coming back to the 360 too, but if possible I'd like to keep our group (past and present) together for NCAA 10 as much as possible.

GCQuinton

Last night for preseason stuff! Get to it!

And after talking with everyone (most of you anyway), this will be the last season before NCAA 10. Don't redshirt those freshman and throw everything on the table!

GCQuinton

9gyc5h.jpg

THE COMMISH ANNOUNCES HUMAN-PLAYED GAMES FOR FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON

"Without further ado, here are all of the human played games for the fifth and final season of this online dynasty. Aside from Ilinois, Navy, and North Texas, everyone has three human opponents. It's the last season, let's go all out!"

AUBURN TIGERS

Illinois Fighting Illini
Syracuse Orange
Navy Midshipmen

ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI

Auburn Tigers
Oregon Ducks

NAVY MIDSHIPMEN

USC Trojans
Auburn Tigers

NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN

Syracuse Orange
USC Trojans

OREGON DUCKS

Syracuse Orange
Illinois Fighting Illini
USC Trojans

SYRACUSE ORANGE

Oregon Ducks
North Texas Mean Green
Auburn Tigers

USC TROJANS

Navy Midshipmen
North Texas Mean Green
Oregon Ducks

GCQuinton

Also, I wanted to get some ideas from you guys (past and current members of this league) on how to improve or shake up the dynasty, specifically when it comes to getting seasons done faster.

One crazy idea I had in my head to shake things up was to sim (but still recruit) the first five seasons and start off in season six. That way, we'll all have "our" teams and the process of putting your stamp on the program is almost instant. That'll also alleviate picking powerhouse teams for the sake of picking powerhouse teams and will force them to recruit smart. With the changes already being talked about for NCAA 10, this won't be the near cakewalk it is now.

It'll also give us time to adjust to the new game by giving people time to play a few in the meantime. Don't know if something like that would fly with the folks around here, but feel free to let me know. With the PS3 guys coming back over to the 360, this could also be a nice alternative.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Also, I wanted to get some ideas from you guys (past and current members of this league) on how to improve or shake up the dynasty, specifically when it comes to getting seasons done faster.

One crazy idea I had in my head to shake things up was to sim (but still recruit) the first five seasons and start off in season six. That way, we'll all have "our" teams and the process of putting your stamp on the program is almost instant. That'll also alleviate picking powerhouse teams for the sake of picking powerhouse teams and will force them to recruit smart. With the changes already being talked about for NCAA 10, this won't be the near cakewalk it is now.

It'll also give us time to adjust to the new game by giving people time to play a few in the meantime. Don't know if something like that would fly with the folks around here, but feel free to let me know. With the PS3 guys coming back over to the 360, this could also be a nice alternative.
You know how I've stated about powerhouse teams, so I'm not entirely sure how this would improve. Is the recruiting going to be more challenging for high achieved teams, or everybody in general? Say a person selected Ohio State. He can still recruit really well early on, and his team will expect to win at least 10-11 games annually, even if we decided to sim early. So, in the end, his recruiting will still be less of a challenge compared to other teams, such as Boston College or the Cincinnati Bearcats, for example. I dunno, still lot of time. :p

I really enjoyed playing with a team that wasnt a top tier team. But when matched up with a top tier team or a mid tier team with a player that hot routes every receiver on their team every play and shifts and hot routes their defense every play to exploit the game even with North texas(Ando) It makes it very difficult to win. I would prefer that every one be a non top 25 or even a top 40 team. Maybe 3 stars max. Because your first coaching job as a college coach isnt going to be at florida or ohio state. You should have to earn a better position. I guess if people are interested we could even make this a "sim" league where everyone starts at a low level team and has to work their way up. I bet we could find plenty of people who would like to do this. I think this would add some longevity to the dynasty. Maybe keeping people interested for longer. Because i know if i wouldnt have been playing with Kent St. i would have been really bored. Because it is exciting when you get your first 4 star recruit after a season or two. Or when you finally get your team in the top 25 and so on. So that being said I would propose that the Commish publish a list of "Selectable" teams that are all in the 1-3 star level and everyone chose from those teams. This is my proposal for NCAA 10. All those people who just "cant" live without using USC, Florida, Oklahoma, or the other powerhouses can easily find a league where they can use those teams. I know this might not be the most popular option, but i think that for true fans of the game who like close competition and a little bit of a challenge it would be a lot of fun.

GCQuinton

I agree with both of you guys on this one, as I've said a few times before. There's a much better sense of satisfaction knowing you built a team up as opposed to just taking a powerhouse over. If nobody has an issue with it, I'm all for a "career" style online dynasty where we all take lower tiered schools. With the PS3 folks supposedly moving back over to do their online dynasty on the 360 that'll likely be powerhouse-laden, I'm completely fine with running a completely lower-tiered one to compliment it.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I agree with both of you guys on this one, as I've said a few times before. There's a much better sense of satisfaction knowing you built a team up as opposed to just taking a powerhouse over. If nobody has an issue with it, I'm all for a "career" style online dynasty where we all take lower tiered schools. With the PS3 folks supposedly moving back over to do their online dynasty on the 360 that'll likely be powerhouse-laden, I'm completely fine with running a completely lower-tiered one to compliment it.
That sounds great. In my offline Dynasty, while my Western Michigan team is far from great at skill positions, I still play fairly well. I just manage my offense against Heisman. I'm curious if we do play as better-than-average teams, like Penn State or whatever, we should be forced to play Heisman from the get-go.

As long as people don't cheese, to add onto what Bobby said, it would be damn accomplishing to defeat a higher rated team.

I'm all for teams in 1-3 prestige era, though, if others would go along with it. It would be wise to guess BigAT wants Rutgers next year, judging by his avatar. He'll miss Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood. I know I did. :(

BigAT

Put me down as another vote for starting with lesser teams. I just don't see the appeal in beginning with a powerhouse. It's much more satisfying and fun frankly to build one up.

Striker said:
It would be wise to guess BigAT wants Rutgers next year, judging by his avatar. He'll miss Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood. I know I did. :(

Indeed. And on top of losing two NFL caliber WRs, the #2 receiver on their depth chart heading into the offseason got kicked off the team.

Striker

BigAT said:
Indeed. And on top of losing two NFL caliber WRs, the #2 receiver on their depth chart heading into the offseason got kicked off the team.
Which WR? The small, speedy guy, Brown, was freaking great with screens and quick slants in my seasons. :p

BigAT

Striker said:
Which WR? The small, speedy guy, Brown, was freaking great with screens and quick slants in my seasons. :p

#5 Dennis Campbell. Thankfully "Touchdown" Tim Brown is still around, but he's pretty much the only WR on the team with any real experience.

Top Bottom