• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker said:
Bobby,

If you wanna play our game tomorrow, I can before I leave for work at 5 PM EST.

If not, we can try later that night or the next day (same hours).

I can only do late-evening hours on the weekend this week.

Striker,

i unfortunately don't get home from work until 4:30 so it might have to be either friday night or sometime saturday.

or possibly around 9 tonight

cubanb

Banned
Uhoh,

I was playing last night and in the middle of a game offline, it says disc error:unreadable. I open up the tray and look at the disc. There is a circular scratch ring around the disc. I tried the toothpaste trick and it looks better. I didn't get a chance to try playing another game.

GCQuinton, I want to make sure I can finish a game before we start tonight, so I may be a little late for our 5 o clock start. I just want to make sure it doesnt happen for our game.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
Uhoh,

I was playing last night and in the middle of a game offline, it says disc error:unreadable. I open up the tray and look at the disc. There is a circular scratch ring around the disc. I tried the toothpaste trick and it looks better. I didn't get a chance to try playing another game.

GCQuinton, I want to make sure I can finish a game before we start tonight, so I may be a little late for our 5 o clock start. I just want to make sure it doesnt happen for our game.

Thanks for the update. Keep me posted and good luck getting it fixed.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Texas (pheeniks) - I'm available from 12pm CST to 5pm CST.

What's your schedule look like?

vumpler said:
Texas (pheeniks) - I'm available from 12pm CST to 5pm CST.

What's your schedule look like?

I can play at 12. I can actually go at it earlier if you want...I'm going to be around basically all morning until 2 PM when I go see DARK KNIGHT AT THE IMAX

vumpler

pheeniks said:
I can play at 12. I can actually go at it earlier if you want...I'm going to be around basically all morning until 2 PM when I go see DARK KNIGHT AT THE IMAX
Good shit about the dark night.

I'm actually in class until 10:45 and I teach a class at 11. So I can be online at ~12:05 CST.

See you then!

Striker said:
What was the score? Tennessee's RB killed me.

i cannot even remember to be honest because i was focusing on what my team needed to improve on

i think my play calling just blows

it was like 38-10 i think

vumpler

Striker said:
What was the score? Tennessee's RB killed me.
38-0 at the half. I tried taking all my starting players out. I wish EA did like 2k does and allow you to have a "bench" roster at the click of a button.

My CB got hurt for 2 weeks because i didn't take him out. I took out half of my team, bah.

vumpler said:
38-0 at the half. I tried taking all my starting players out. I wish EA did like 2k does and allow you to have a "bench" roster at the click of a button.

My CB got hurt for 2 weeks because i didn't take him out. I took out half of my team, bah.

yeah

well, i think i'm going to switch quarterbacks. i just FEEL better using my second stringer...
i just need to find a way to stop passing games

GCQuinton

vumpler said:

They do, it's been in the NCAA games for a while now. You can mass sub your first and second teams in and out in the depth chart area during the game.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
They do, it's been in the NCAA games for a while now. You can mass sub your first and second teams in and out in the depth chart area during the game.

*It's been on the first page since the thread started, but once you're up by 35 points you're required to mass sub in your second teams.
When I was playing you yesterday and went up by 35 I looked for the mass sub option where it usually is under strategy and there was no mass sub option online. Unless it is somewhere else than usual. Online you will have to do it manually.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
When I was playing you yesterday and went up by 35 I looked for the mass sub option where it usually is under strategy and there was no mass sub option online. Unless it is somewhere else than usual. Online you will have to do it manually.

If that situation happens again in our game (which it most likely will :lol ), we can check. Are you still getting on to play now?

cubanb

Banned
Ill get on now.I am going to double check where that option is in a game vs the cpu real quick

*edit: yea, its under strategy with depth chart and coach;s challenge. Yesterday, I went there in the late second and early 3rd quarter before the game disconnected and there was only the depth chart option. Maybe it shows up at the end of the 3rd?

*2nd edit*: During the 4th quarter of that game we just finished, I tried again. Mass subs is NOT available online

GCQuinton

Okay. In that case, just be smart about it if you're up by a lot.

And good game again, cubanb. If I could punish this team in a practice for the special teams stuff I'd be all over it :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hahaha, a rule to mass sub out when leading by 35...against the CPU? HAHAHAHA HA HA HA HO HEE HA AHA HEEEeeeee

Let me know when you guy's finish the first season. I want to know if the game will give you the same "These teams have offered you a coaching job: etc etc etc". Would be interesting if people started switching jobs around a few years into the dynasty.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
hahaha, a rule to mass sub out when leading by 35...against the CPU? HAHAHAHA HA HA HA HO HEE HA AHA HEEEeeeee

Let me know when you guy's finish the first season. I want to know if the game will give you the same "These teams have offered you a coaching job: etc etc etc". Would be interesting if people started switching jobs around a few years into the dynasty.

Job offers aren't in Online Dynasty. The commish is the only person that can switch user teams.

daw840

This game is officially becoming not fun for me. I don't know why, but I just keep getting blown out. As we speak, Ando is raping me with no lube. I am to the point where I just don't care. Everything I do does not work. I throw INTs constantly.

Now Ando is up 38-0 and feels the need to call a timeout on defense so that he can score some more. That is complete bullshit. What the fuck man. Now I understand why people think you are a complete douche in the Madden league.

I can accept a loss, but these blowouts really take my will to play completely away.

edit: Wow, Ando is lined up for an onside kick and I kick a regular kick. He still runs it back for a TD. That is just amazing.

And apparently he does not need to abide by the rules. What about the 2nd team substitute when you are up by 35? It appears you are up by 52 and still using all of your starters. Thanks douchebag.

Striker

Dude... Ando is going to destroy everybody. It's Florida.

EDIT:

If he's being a prick, GC can boot him if we all agree he's being a jerk.

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
This game is officially becoming not fun for me. I don't know why, but I just keep getting blown out. As we speak, Ando is raping me with no lube. I am to the point where I just don't care. Everything I do does not work. I throw INTs constantly.

Now Ando is up 38-0 and feels the need to call a timeout on defense so that he can score some more. That is complete bullshit. What the fuck man. Now I understand why people think you are a complete douche in the Madden league.

I can accept a loss, but these blowouts really take my will to play completely away.

edit: Wow, Ando is lined up for an onside kick and I kick a regular kick. He still runs it back for a TD. That is just amazing.

And apparently he does not need to abide by the rules. What about the 2nd team substitute when you are up by 35? It appears you are up by 52 and still using all of your starters. Thanks douchebag.

I'll be shooting him a message tomorrow about this. That sounds ridiculous. Apparently you can't do mass subs online, so I'm gonna have to figure out an alternative for that too.

Striker said:
EDIT:

If he's being a prick, GC can boot him if we all agree he's being a jerk.

I'm not saying I'll do this with him, but if somebody sticks out and is ruining the experience for the whole group I'll take it into consideration. I'm looking to keep this dynasty as healthy as possible for as long as possible so if we have to weed out some folks I have no problem at all with it.

Striker

Actually, fully reading your entire post.. Ando knows the rules. Why would he act like a complete douche? I know you didn't kick his dog or anything. By those acts, I would kick him for being an asshole.

Righty did the mistake, but he is new. Ando has been through these leagues as long as anyone.

daw840

Striker said:
Actually, fully reading your entire post.. Ando knows the rules. Why would he act like a complete douche? I know you didn't kick his dog or anything. By those acts, I would kick him for being an asshole.

Righty did the mistake, but he is new. Ando has been through these leagues as long as anyone.

Righty is cool, that was a mistake and I don't care. But I remember every season of Madden last year someone had a beef with Ando. I never played him, but now I see why they couldn't stand the way he plays.

Striker

daw840 said:
Righty is cool, that was a mistake and I don't care. But I remember every season of Madden last year someone had a beef with Ando. I never played him, but now I see why they couldn't stand the way he plays.
I probably wouldn't mind if he cheesed a little if he used somebody like Syracuse, but Florida? It's just insulting...

vumpler

Striker said:

Not taking sides, but I sent ando a message asking whats going on. He said he hasn't ran a single pass play in the 2nd half. He's been trying to burn clock the whole time.

Ando said the other guy lined up for onside kick so he called a timeout to switch to onside return. When he came back in onside return the other guy came out in regular kick. Kicked it to ando and he ran it back.

The other guy has been moving his guys out of the way over and over just doing dumb things.

Now in the 2nd half the computer has sacked him 6 times.

daw840

vumpler said:
Not taking sides, but I sent ando a message asking whats going on. He said he hasn't ran a single pass play in the 2nd half. He's been trying to burn clock the whole time.

Ando said the other guy lined up for onside kick so he called a timeout to switch to onside return. When he came back in onside return the other guy came out in regular kick. Kicked it to ando and he ran it back.

The other guy has been moving his guys out of the way over and over just doing dumb things.

Now in the 2nd half the computer has sacked him 6 times.

Did he say anything about the TO when he was up by 38?

vumpler

He said it was:

1. The first half, and wasn't going to count you out just yet and play ball control then.
2. He didn't even pass he ran the ball and just happened to score on the first play.

daw840

vumpler said:
He said it was:

1. The first half, and wasn't going to count you out just yet and play ball control then.
2. He didn't even pass he ran the ball and just happened to score on the first play.

Look, I have no problem with the majority of the first half. I got beat, fine. However, when you are up by that much there is NO REASON to call a timeout with 1 minute left just so he can score another TD before halftime.

vumpler

daw840 said:
Look, I have no problem with the majority of the first half. I got beat, fine. However, when you are up by that much there is NO REASON to call a timeout with 1 minute left just so he can score another TD before halftime.
Well as he says you've been dragging on the whole second half with these excessive delay of games. There's 14 seconds left in the game and you've let 5 straight delay of games go.

That's worse than calling a timeout before the half. He didn't pass once in the 2nd half dude. He's florida, you're kansas. He's done his part in the 2nd half fully.

daw840

vumpler said:
Well as he says you've been dragging on the whole second half with these excessive delay of games. There's 14 seconds left in the game and you've let 5 straight delay of games go.

That's worse than calling a timeout before the half. He didn't pass once in the 2nd half dude. He's florida, you're kansas. He's done his part in the 2nd half fully.

That I do apologize for. He kneeled the ball and I thought the game was over. I switched the input on my TV and when I looked back to finish the recruiting portion that I need to do I noticed that the game was not over. Again, I apologize.

Striker

How long was the run for, anyway? You said he ran plays but happened to score... when up 38-0. Why not take a knee, continue playing, and kill clock asap? It didn't seem like Qbert was in thought of a dream comeback.

GCQuinton

I've sent a message to Ando for future reference about that. There were actions done in the wrong everywhere, from the score to "leaving" the game early, so both parties need to make their own corrections, respectively. I'm going to look into the mass subs problem and figure out a workaround.

And vumpler, Ando has a mouth and can speak for himself about this stuff (via Live right now, he'll be back here in about a week), so leave his defense to him by way of me talking with him until he gets back.

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
And vumpler, Ando has a mouth and can speak for himself about this stuff (via Live right now, he'll be back here in about a week), so leave his defense to him by way of me talking with him until he gets back.
No worries. I saw an attack force forming against a player who couldn't defend himself on the forums. So I sent him a chat invite, told him what had been said, and responded for him.

Didn't want things getting out of hand. :D

GCQuinton

Two games left to be played. Any updates on that? And those who haven't done their recruiting (or set the Ready to Advance notice if they're letting the CPU do it), take care of that.

Striker,

Ill be checking the forums most of the day today and watching the xbox live website to see if you are on. So if you log on and dont see me it doesnt me i dont see you.

vumpler

Ready for the hardest week of my season. Ando's going down! :D

yeah right lol

Striker

Awesome game, Bob

For all the thoughts of wanting to punch a hole in my wall because of the missed FG's bouncing off the goal post, to my idiocy defense missing tackle after tackle, and drops by my receivers - I can't think of any reason else why I am happy you won instead of me. I mean it! That fake-FG was totally unexpected. I didn't think you were thinking that one bit. A ballsy play for sure.

So sad Tiquan Underwood and Kenny Britt are wasted by such a shit run game of mine. I've averaged less than 3 yards per carry each game so far.

Defense also played like ass. Only good play they made was an INT, but that was practically gifted, as well.

Qbert, I believe you're my next opponent. :p

GCQuinton

Week 4 Games:

Duke (GCQuinton) vs. Colorado (Thrilledge)
Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. Cal (cubanb)
Florida (Andowsky) vs. Tennessee (vumpler)
Rutgers (Striker) vs. Kansas (daw840)
Auburn (dammitmattt) vs. LSU (CPU)

Week 4 Byes: Kent State (bobbydigital), Michigan (Doubleb22), Texas (pheeniks)

Week 4 Deadline is on Thursday. We've got three weeks of play in the books, so if you guys still wanna do a GAF Top 12 poll PM me in your lists.

After this week, most of us will be headed into our conference games against the CPU so things should speed up a bit across the board.

Thrilledge when can you play?

daw840

Striker said:
Awesome game, Bob

For all the thoughts of wanting to punch a hole in my wall because of the missed FG's bouncing off the goal post, to my idiocy defense missing tackle after tackle, and drops by my receivers - I can't think of any reason else why I am happy you won instead of me. I mean it! That fake-FG was totally unexpected. I didn't think you were thinking that one bit. A ballsy play for sure.

So sad Tiquan Underwood and Kenny Britt are wasted by such a shit run game of mine. I've averaged less than 3 yards per carry each game so far.

Defense also played like ass. Only good play they made was an INT, but that was practically gifted, as well.

Just let me know when. I am free all of tomorrow evening

Striker said:
Awesome game, Bob

Good Game to you as well, yeah a fake FG in the first overtime from the 6 yard line isnt exactly protocol but when you have been trailing most of the game and your secondary is as soft as charmin you have to pull out all the stops. Looking forward to playing you again for sure.

daw840

Striker, I am currently watching Shark Week on Discovery. I will check the Xbox website and hop on when I see you online.

cubanb

Banned
daw840 said:
Striker, I am currently watching Shark Week on Discovery. I will check the Xbox website and hop on when I see you online.
SHARK WEEK! BTW thecrow, I will be on for the next half hour or so. If we don't get it in, lets try and set a time tomorrow between 4:30 pst- 8:30 Pst if possible

*edit*Ill be on till 9:00 or so. at 5:40 you said would be on in an hour or two. If you cant make it tonight we should set a time tomorrow. I dont want to wait around all night again

cubanb

Banned
dude, thecrow, dont tell me you will be around in "an hour or two" and then never say anything again. i have been waiting around for a while and it's now been 3 hours and 20 minutes since you said an hour or two . I would appreciate if you told me you cant make it next time (your profile's last activity was 50 minutes and 15 minutes ago *edit again at 9:15 pst*). I pm'ed you and replied to this thread multiple times. I would like to set a specific time next time rather than waiting all night.

daw840

Hey Striker. I never saw you online tonight, hopefully I didn't just miss you. I would like to work out a specific time to do the game. Just let me know when.

Striker

daw840 said:
Hey Striker. I never saw you online tonight, hopefully I didn't just miss you. I would like to work out a specific time to do the game. Just let me know when.
Sorry. Got held up. I did sign on but had to get off to attend to home issues.

I am off until 6 PM tomorrow. Maybe try before. If not, I am off all day Wednesday. What's good for you?

Top Bottom