• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

daw840

Striker said:
Sorry. Got held up. I did sign on but had to get off to attend to home issues.

I am off until 6 PM tomorrow. Maybe try before. If not, I am off all day Wednesday. What's good for you?

Wednesday is good for me. I have to finish the transaction of selling my truck tomorrow evening and I work all day. What time would you like to do it?

edit: If I see you online tomorrow during the day I will send another message.

Striker

daw840 said:
Wednesday is good for me. I have to finish the transaction of selling my truck tomorrow evening and I work all day. What time would you like to do it?

edit: If I see you online tomorrow during the day I will send another message.
OK cool. I am off now until 5 PM tonight est.

I don't get home until late, unless you're a late-nighter and you would like to play then. :p

Wednesday is good for me.

I hopped on earlier to finish up my week's recruiting. Damn Florida going to take my 5 star RB. :(

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol I just received the raping of Florida w/ ando at the controls. Its like using an NFL team against a college team. That one wide receiver is insane. His stats are pretty much 99speed 99agility 99 catching lol. On the 4th play of the game (Florida on the 50) I had Dime Cover 3 called and when he caught the ball there was about 10 yards of space between my CB and his WR in the end zone :lol

Just crazy the team differences. Something interesting happened as well. My QB made a couple of dumb throws early, but right at half time I threw another pick and my QB went red. His status or whatever, and for the rest of the game he was red and threw like shit. Was pretty cool (in a crappy way) to see how once a QB is shaken they kinda don't come out of it. I made some good throws and he stayed red anyway.

Was fun but you can definitely feel the team differences heh.

cubanb

Banned
Ugh, was down 42-14 and got disconnected. I have my xbox hooked up straight to the cable modem, yet I keep having problems staying connected to the servers

Anyways good game thecrow. I couldn't beat your defense and couldn't figure out how to defend your offense. If only the whole game were special teams :)

GCQuinton

It's a party on the plane back to Durham, Duke got our first win of the season! :D

Good game, Thrilledge.

One game left for the week: Kansas-Rutgers.

TheCrow

cubanb said:
Ugh, was down 42-14 and got disconnected. I have my xbox hooked up straight to the cable modem, yet I keep having problems staying connected to the servers

Anyways good game thecrow. I couldn't beat your defense and couldn't figure out how to defend your offense. If only the whole game were special teams :)

I'm just happy I won a game. I was expecting to lose to all the human players. I thought I had total control and then you just brought back the kickoff for a touchdown :lol. It just sucks that you had a problem with your connection.

cubanb

Banned
TheCrow said:
I'm just happy I won a game. I was expecting to lose to all the human players. I thought I had total control and then you just brought back the kickoff for a touchdown :lol. It just sucks that you had a problem with your connection.
Im glad that when I had a problem with my connection I have either been way up or way down:) There was no way I was coming back.

Striker

Me and Daw can wrap up our game tomorrow. Sorry about tonight. I was busy at work.

Vumpler,

Not good if he destroyed your secondary. I doubt my guys can match up with his 3rd and 4th WR's, let alone the starters...

daw840

Striker, that was an absolutely awesome game. Thanks for not running that last fumble back into the endzone ;)

I was literally jumping up out of my seat when my MLB got that pick-6 in the 4th quarter. Awesome game.

Striker

Great game Daw. At least it was intense down to the last second. That INT you got was impressive. But holy fuck if Tiquan Underwood is gone for long...

daw840

Striker said:
Great game Daw. At least it was intense down to the last second. That INT you got was impressive. But holy fuck if Tiquan Underwood is gone for long...

Yeah, that sucks big time. Does it say how long he is out for? It seemed like the tide definitely turned when he got injured. It was nice how the score was the same at the end of the first half on our second restart!

Striker

daw840 said:
Yeah, that sucks big time. Does it say how long he is out for? It seemed like the tide definitely turned when he got injured. It was nice how the score was the same at the end of the first half on our second restart!
:lol Yeah I noticed that.

Yup... I couldn't pass well enough once he got hurt. My third receiver, Brown (also the guy who ran back that KR kick) stepped up, but still doesn't have the awareness and catch ability Underwood has.

Oh.. He's out 9 weeks. :(

GCQuinton

Week 5 Games:

Duke (GCQuinton) vs. Virginia (CPU)
Kent State (bobbydigital) vs. Ball State (CPU)
Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. Penn State (CPU)
Colorado (Thrilledge) vs. Cal (cubanb)
Florida (Bird/Ando) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
Michigan (Doubleb22) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
Tennessee (vumpler) vs. Auburn (dammitmattt)
Rutgers (Striker) vs. FCS Southeast (CPU)

Week 5 Byes: Kansas (daw840), Texas (pheeniks)

GAF Members in The Polls (Listed in order of Coaches, Media)

Florida: #2, #3
Auburn: #10, #9
Michigan: #15, #14
Texas: #24, #22
Tennessee: #25, #25

Deadline is on Sunday. pheeniks I just noticed you had two bye weeks in a row, so my apologies for that.It's a screw up my end of the scheduling. Most of us are getting into our CPU games now, so that should speed things up here quite a bit.

After this week, I'm also going to be putting more stuff from the Dynasty on here. If user-controlled teams earn awards or are in the running for something, it'll be mentioned here. Also, if you have any clips you wanna show from your games, PM them to me and we'll start up a top ten plays list.

Here's one of mine:

INT-TD by Jabari Marshall (Duke) in the 4th quarter against Colorado: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/81690

GCQuinton

Duke is at .500, baby! :D 34-29 win over Virginia.

As I thought, we're moving through this week fast, only one more all-human game (Thrilledge vs. cubanb) left. Striker, when are you going to play your CPU game?

To everyone, don't forget your recruiting! If all the games have been played I will advance the week!

Striker

I can get my CPU game done tomorrow for sure. Sorry about the holdup. I worked today and didn't get home until now. I work again tomorrow. But I'll for sure get it done tomorrow before real late.

cubanb

Banned
ugh, it appears my scratched disc dilemma is not over. I have another dynasty league and had to restart my game 3 times due to the game freezing with disc unreadable.

Does disc doctor or game crazy resurfacing really work for circular scratches? or am I fucked and i have to buy a new copy?

daw840

cubanb said:
ugh, it appears my scratched disc dilemma is not over. I have another dynasty league and had to restart my game 3 times due to the game freezing with disc unreadable.

Does disc doctor or game crazy resurfacing really work for circular scratches? or am I fucked and i have to buy a new copy?

You could try, if it works it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a new disc. Or you could Gamefly it and send them back your disc:lol j/k (maybe)

cubanb

Banned
daw840 said:
You could try, if it works it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a new disc. Or you could Gamefly it and send them back your disc:lol j/k (maybe)
:lol
why do you have to put ideas like that in my head:)
dont they charge u for fucking up the disc anyways

daw840

cubanb said:
:lol
why do you have to put ideas like that in my head:)
dont they charge u for fucking up the disc anyways

If it "looks" ok after disc doctor but still doesn't work, then you will probably be alright. Or you could send it back right after you get it and report the disc damaged upon arrival. Otherwise, just see if GF has a used copy you could buy for cheaper than new.

edit: This is for entertainment purposes only, nothing stated in these last 2 posts should be attempted by anyone, ever:lol :lol

vumpler

Cub my game does the same thing. When looking at it, it almost looks like parts of the disc are peeling off. They look like area of flames or something. Its crazy, i think my 360 causes them. It did it to NBA 2k6 and sucked but now I believe its done it to this game as well.

No scratches to be seen on it.

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
After this week, I'm also going to be putting more stuff from the Dynasty on here. If user-controlled teams earn awards or are in the running for something, it'll be mentioned here. Also, if you have any clips you wanna show from your games
Here's one of mine:

INT-TD by Jabari Marshall (Duke) in the 4th quarter against Colorado: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/81690

One highlight play for me and Dammit on offense. I picked the best 2 I could find and put them together from our game today.

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/404806

cubanb said:

I have a disc resurfacer just a 30 dollar one i bought at wal mart and my copy of rock band got a circular scratch on it, I used my resurfacer once and it gave me a hard time reading the first time i put it in but it has been working fine ever since.

GCQuinton

Still waiting to hear back from cubanb regarding his situation. If it's gonna be a while before he gets his disc fixed/replaced, I'm going to set his team to Autopilot so Thrilledge can play the game.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Still waiting to hear back from cubanb regarding his situation. If it's gonna be a while before he gets his disc fixed/replaced, I'm going to set his team to Autopilot so Thrilledge can play the game.
I played a game after I did the toothpaste resurfacing again. It seems to work , but there is no guarantee. I will probably go to game crazy tomorrow near my parent's place, but we could give it a shot before then. If i get dropped from the game, thrilledge could just finish against the cpu.

Does that sound OK?

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
I played a game after I did the toothpaste resurfacing again. It seems to work , but there is no guarantee. I will probably go to game crazy tomorrow near my parent's place, but we could give it a shot before then. If i get dropped from the game, thrilledge could just finish against the cpu.

Does that sound OK?

You two have the last game left for the week, so it's up to you.

cubanb

Banned
Is he around on gaf? I sent him a friend request on live yesterday and no response. I am going to be out tonight, but will be around tomorrow evening and morning PST.

Striker

cubanb said:
Is he around on gaf? I sent him a friend request on live yesterday and no response. I am going to be out tonight, but will be around tomorrow evening and morning PST.
Send him a message on Live and/or PM him here. He should reply.

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
Any way we can be done by the 10th with the regular season?

If you're asking if we're rushing anything because of Madden, then no. If people don't have time to play in two leagues, then they shouldn't have signed up for 'em. If that's the case and a person wants to drop at that point, let me know.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
If you're asking if we're rushing anything because of Madden, then no. If people don't have time to play in two leagues, then they shouldn't have signed up for 'em. If that's the case and a person wants to drop at that point, let me know.
I dropped out of the Madden league because with this league and work right now, I honestly don't have all that much of time.

I <3 this game/league.

cubanb

Banned
Hey thrilledge, i just got back from getting the disc resurfaced and will around tonight and tomorrow morning to play.

I would like into an online dynasty should an open spot become availabe in any league....but I would like Bama as my team.

EDIT: Forgot to add my gt, it's Storybook77.

storybook77 said:
I would like into an online dynasty should an open spot become availabe in any league....but I would like Bama as my team.

How are these openings going to work?

I intend on finishing this season out...but not sure about season 2. Were we expected to play multiple seasons? If so, I can keep going but it'll be easier on me if I wasn't obligated to.

vumpler

I am going to be out for season two so a spot will definitely be open :) I was hoping we could finish 1 maybe 2 seasons before madden came out. But when one game holds everyone up over a whole weekend it makes it hard :/

I hope to finish this season for sure so lets roll on boys!

cubanb

Banned
I just spent the last few hours online waiting. He isnt around, but I left him a message to tell him Ill be checking online every hour to see if he is there. I was on xbox (ncaa +dvd) for over 3 hours last night to see if he would come on. he left me a message this morning when I was offline asking if I was ready.

Striker said:
Multiple seasons? It is, after all, an Online dynasty.

Yeah that's what I thought (regarding it being a dynasty) I'll stick around since I signed up for it and don't want to be seen as a bail-out, but it is moving kind of slowly...at the very least I will finish my season out.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
I just spent the last few hours online waiting. He isnt around, but I left him a message to tell him Ill be checking online every hour to see if he is there. I was on xbox (ncaa +dvd) for over 3 hours last night to see if he would come on. he left me a message this morning when I was offline asking if I was ready.

He did this with me a few nights ago for our game. I got on and he hopped off for about an hour before coming back to play. At this point, I'm seriously considering moving the deadline for games to 3 days. Not to call you guys out, but everyone else has been done for two days now.

To answer some of the questions I've seen:

1. I can add and drop users at any point in the dynasty, but I'll only be adding people at the start of each season. If you're currently in the dynasty and want to drop, you can at any point. At the end of the bowl games, I'll PM or get in contact with each owner to see if they plan to return. As people drop, I'll replace them with users on the waiting list.

2. There's gonna be a penalty for people who want to hop in and hop out of this at leisure. In the hypothetical situation where an old user wants to come back, they'll be required to use a team at half the stars of the team they had when they left. Ex: You joined the dynasty as a six star team, left for two seasons and came back, so you have to join as three or lower star team.

3. I hope to have this dynasty going for multiple seasons and as long as possible. Striker said it best...this is a DYNASTY so I hope enough dedicated people stick around for multiple seasons to make this compelling.

Like I said, I'm going not pull a dick move and drop out for Madden. But I likely won't stay for season 2, sorry. This is the first time I've played NCAA so I didn't really think about how I would be with the game one month in. So that's my bad.

cubanb

Banned
Thrilledge and I completed our game. I guess we can advance the week

Good game thrilledge. What are you receivers rated? They had so many drops, it would drive me nuts.

GCQuinton

2w738u1.jpg

Top Bottom