• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Thanks for the compliments on the banner. A bit rough on the edges, but I'm trying to spice this up a bit to add a little more life to this Dynasty for everyone. After Week 8, I'm replacing the Coaches Poll with the BCS.

Striker

Banner looks nice!

Quinton,

There Gaffers wanting in once people leave? I'd like to have as many users as possible.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Banner looks nice!

Quinton,

There Gaffers wanting in once people leave? I'd like to have as many users as possible.

At the moment, I've only seen two people interested in taking slots when/if they're open (vumpler and pheeniks have expressed it but haven't confirmed anything yet). I want a full league too, but it's not like we have to have one to move ahead.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
:lol I witnessed the first cheese fest in NCAA. Guy used LSU and every play would play action then bomb deep to toliver. He would then take control of toliver and stand about a body length infront of the target, and jump at the perfect time and jump over 4 guys every time.:lol That was retarded. He beat me 65 24 at the end of the first half every touchdown was a bomb to toliver :lol I've never seen anything quite like it.

vumpler said:
:lol I witnessed the first cheese fest in NCAA. Guy used LSU and every play would play action then bomb deep to toliver. He would then take control of toliver and stand about a body length infront of the target, and jump at the perfect time and jump over 4 guys every time.:lol That was retarded. He beat me 65 24 at the end of the first half every touchdown was a bomb to toliver :lol I've never seen anything quite like it.

This is why I want to play in an online dynasty league with you guys. I hate this shit. How is it fun to run the exact SAME fucking play everytime?!?!?

daw840

Wow, I just played what may be the most ridiculous game against the CPU I have ever played. There defenders and receivers seemed to have sticky shit on there hands and mine must have had astroglide applied prior to the game. Then to top it all off, I was driving at the end for the winning TD and when I had to spike the ball, it ran a run play instead totally screwing me for any chance of winning. :(

It's so much fun to play a game you never win...

Striker

Barely escaped Mike Vick Jr. AKA Pat White in West Virginia.

Threw three picks, one in the red-zone.

Thankfully Kenny Britt is my man! <3

GCQuinton

No excuses from me. Georgia Tech just hopped on us quick (along with six sacks, "the game has no pass rush" my ass :lol )and never let up. Looking at the rest of my schedule, I'll be lucky if I even get two to three more wins this season.

Oh well, at least recruiting's looking good so far. Back off Nick Harrell Thrilledge, he's mine! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Game has been shipped to me from Gamefly. Let me know if you guys ever need another player.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Game has been shipped to me from Gamefly. Let me know if you guys ever need another player.
<3

My recruiting seems to be going well.

My QB is a current redshirt, D.C. Jefferson. I love tall, big QB's and he seems to have a strong arm. Teel is gone next season, so I'm hoping for Jefferson to take the helm. :p

Ando is going to grab my 5-star back! :(

Righty10

Kamikazie / Thecrow

I sent you a message about playing our game tonight on live while you were on and you didn't respond. Will you be able to play tonight?

TheCrow

Righty10 said:
Kamikazie / Thecrow

I sent you a message about playing our game tonight on live while you were on and you didn't respond. Will you be able to play tonight?

Sorry about not responding my sister was checking out the new demos I got. GG. If I didn't kill myself with 3 picks in the first quarter, I may have had a chance.

Righty10

TheCrow said:
Sorry about not responding my sister was checking out the new demos I got. GG. If I didn't kill myself with 3 picks in the first quarter, I may have had a chance.
GG as well. You were shredding my D with The Juice, it was almost embarrassing.

Also here is my highlight for the week.

We tried getting it on Monday but it didn't work out, and he didn't seem to be anywhere today (Tuesday) I'm going to try him again tomorrow...

he doesn't have a gaf account right?

Last week when I was on bye week it seemed like yall took forever and now that I play again it seems short :(

GCQuinton

pheeniks that was my fault in the scheduling. I was trying to fit everyone's games in and overlooked the fact I gave you two bye weeks.

And Thrilledge, try to post on here with a a little bit more frequency to schedule your games in advance.

After these two are done with their game, we can advance.

GCQuinton

2a5jj3n.jpg

vumpler

Did it count my game? I had the best comeback I've had in recent memory. After I finished the game it kept telling me "you can not submit this game" for something about ea servers were down. I kept hitting it and after about 3 minutes it said "sending" and then after it "sent" all my menu's went away.

Did it upload?

Edit: My hava recorder was acting funny but I did get all of this recorded. I'll upload the video now.

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
Did it count my game? I had the best comeback I've had in recent memory. After I finished the game it kept telling me "you can not submit this game" for something about ea servers were down. I kept hitting it and after about 3 minutes it said "sending" and then after it "sent" all my menu's went away.

Did it upload?

Edit: My hava recorder was acting funny but I did get all of this recorded. I'll upload the video now.

I just finished watching Hard Knocks, let me check real quick.

daw840

Just played what started out as an incredibly good offensive shoot out with Thrilledge. The tables turned in the second half and I took a commanding lead. I finally won a game against a human controlled oponent!! I thought that would never happen this year.:lol

This play is what basically turned the tide of the game. I am very sorry about this Thrill, I know this would have pissed me off immensely.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/131526

One other question. Are we allowing manual receiver catches? I remember in Madden 08 they were banned, I am just curious as to what the rule is in this league. Thrill did it a few times, but it didn't seem to be "cheesy" in any way.

daw840 said:
Just played what started out as an incredibly good offensive shoot out with Thrilledge. The tables turned in the second half and I took a commanding lead. I finally won a game against a human controlled oponent!! I thought that would never happen this year.:lol

This play is what basically turned the tide of the game. I am very sorry about this Thrill, I know this would have pissed me off immensely.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/131526

Oh wow....:lol

Then you just had to dive at the end for extra emphasis. :D

GCQuinton

vumpler, did you set the Ready to Advance notice? It's not showing a game result, but the game has been marked as green so I can't throw it out. Your record's still the same so it doesn't look like your game posted.

EDIT: Check out this thread over at OS and try this out. Let me know if it works.

daw840 said:
Yea, sorry about that....I was just excited:lol

It wasn't me you did it too. I found it quite humorous. If you look real closely you can see him twisting the knife in the defenders back as he dives over the goal line. :lol

daw840

Striker said:
What a play, Daw, wow. :lol

I saw 1-1 coverage and thought I would try, but it was pure luck he caught it:lol :lol

Anyway, the only Human vs Human game is done, can we get this week over with quicker?

GCQuinton

daw840 said:
I saw 1-1 coverage and thought I would try, but it was pure luck he caught it:lol :lol

Anyway, the only Human vs Human game is done, can we get this week over with quicker?

There's no reason we shouldn't. vumpler it looks like I'm gonna have to sim your game for the week since it won't let me throw it out.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
There's no reason we shouldn't. vumpler it looks like I'm gonna have to sim your game for the week since it won't let me throw it out.

It won't let him replay it?

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
I posted the video. It begins at 7 minutes where the dumb stuff starts happening.

I can't believe that game isn't going to count. If it gets simed I'll for sure lose.

Top Bottom