• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

191aq9.jpg

I just had the weirdest thing happen on my offline dynasty. I was going through my very first week of recruiting and offering scholarships to everyone. I did a quick call to offer one to a 4 star quarterback and he Committed on the spot. Anyone else seen this?

Righty10

bobbydigital said:
I just had the weirdest thing happen on my offline dynasty. I was going through my very first week of recruiting and offering scholarships to everyone. I did a quick call to offer one to a 4 star quarterback and he Committed on the spot. Anyone else seen this?
Yep, same thing happened to me on my first year of my offline dynasty. I offered a 4 star QB and he committed on the spot as well. Also had a 5 star HB in our dynasty commit on the spot when I offered, although I had been working him for a few weeks.

Striker

bobbydigital said:
That's odd, but fortunate for you!

I haven't seen it yet.

I did manage to snatch away a 4-star QB from Florida. He kept debating between my offline team, Western Michigan :lol and Florida. His Playing Time was Very High, though, so maybe that was it. :)

Striker

Righty10 said:
Yep, same thing happened to me on my first year of my offline dynasty. I offered a 4 star QB and he committed on the spot as well. Also had a 5 star HB in our dynasty commit on the spot when I offered, although I had been working him for a few weeks.
Don't you have Michigan, though? :p

If he's from Michigan or one of your pipeline states, it would make sense.

Lucky bastid!

Righty10

Striker said:
Don't you have Michigan, though? :p

If he's from Michigan or one of your pipeline states, it would make sense.

Lucky bastid!
He was from central Ohio, so that would make sense. He's my speedy little back that will fit right in with my spread!

daw840

Just played a nail-bite with OK. I dominated the 1st half, but OK jumped ahead in the 2 half and I just barely scraped to within 3 in the 2nd half. Then I messed up the spike and lost my chance at the tieing field goal. :(

GCQuinton

The first BCS standings should be available for Week 9. If things keep up, we might have an all-GAF national championship game in the first season. That SEC Championship game (if it plays out like it's looking) should be interesting!

GCQuinton said:
The first BCS standings should be available for Week 9. If things keep up, we might have an all-GAF national championship game in the first season. That SEC Championship game (if it plays out like it's looking) should be interesting!

texas is moving on up...with victories against ranked CPU :(

Striker

I'm 5-2, two losses to Kent State and Tennessee. Most of my wins come against CPU. :lol

Barely beat Connecticut, though. Teel passed the ball like shit in the second half. :|

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
How many games need played to finish this week?

I was hoping we would get to week 10 by Monday at 10pm CST. I don't think its gonna happen though!

GCQuinton said:
Deadline for Week 8 is today. Any games not played (human or CPU) get simmed when I advance tomorrow morning.

Quinton,

Me and matt are trying to play right now, but cant get connected inside the online dynasty, but we connected just fine in a game outside the dynasty. So there might be a problem with the dynasty servers or something

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Quinton,

Me and matt are trying to play right now, but cant get connected inside the online dynasty, but we connected just fine in a game outside the dynasty. So there might be a problem with the dynasty servers or something

Yeah, I noticed that when I saw you guys on. It looks like you're playing now though so hopefully there won't be any problems. Righty10/Doubleb22 is on now too, so we should be able to advance in a bit.

Righty10

Welp, NCAA did everything it could to help me lose that game! Oh well, if I won out im sure I would have gotten shredded in the BCS game.

GCQuinton said:
Upset Alert: Kent State is beating #12 Auburn 38-34 in the 4th quarter. Can they hold on?

i would have probably held him off if it wasn't for the crowd and the fact that it was nearly impossible to stop this little flat pass he kept running over and over to his running back.

vumpler

bobbydigital said:
i would have probably held him off if it wasn't for the crowd and the fact that it was nearly impossible to stop this little flat pass he kept running over and over to his running back.
:lol I know a guy who goes that too :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, I wonder if I could go on and play as the CPU team for Alabama against Vump ;P You CAN get a human to play as a CPU team, btw (probably has to be in the dynasty, though)

vumpler

Lonestar said:
hey, I wonder if I could go on and play as the CPU team for Alabama against Vump ;P You CAN get a human to play as a CPU team, btw (probably has to be in the dynasty, though)
im down if you are

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You mean if it'll work? Sure, about to finish up a PS3 dynasty game, and I'll turn on the 360. If it will let us, and the lag isn't shit, we'll play. if the lag is shit, I won't ruin your dynasty game.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:

Even if you could do that (which I don't think you can anyway), nope. vumpler plays the CPU.

vumpler

Holy crap this game is going ot be a GRIND!! I forgot Foster is out for the season :(((

vumpler

:lol I've never been so out played in my life. Its like the offense knew exactly what I was doing every play. It was a legitimate ass beating. Felt terrible. I think I threw 10 picks :lol

daw840

I just played what was probably the best game I have ever played on ANY football game EVER. The game started out as a shootout, Texas received the opening kick off and scored a TD. There seemed to be nothing I could do about their offense. Everything they tried worked perfectly and they just walked in to the end zone. I got the ball back, drove in for a TD. This happened back and forth for the entire 1st half. At the end of the first half it was 17-24 (both of our final drives of the 1st half resulted in FG). The second half was much the same, but I got 1 INT that gave me the edge. I drove into the redzone and milked the clock down to 1:00 in the 4th quarter before I scored the TD. Texas proceeded to scare the shit out of me and almost made it into the endzone to tie it again, but because I tackled one of their receivers in bounds they ran out of time to score the tieing TD. Wow, I need another rum and Coke after that one.:D :D

The game was an ESPN Instant Classic with a score of 566. That's the highest I have seen so far.

Edit: My TE Dedeaux should get player of the week

Striker

Great job Daw!

And cool that Kenny Britt won Player of the Week. He's sweet. :)

Hopefully I can convince him to stay past this season.

GCQuinton

My game with Matt is done (not saying much else on that :lol ), but once Striker and Thrilledge get their games in, we can advance.

And a heads up for the future, take care of your recruiting ASAP if you want to get it done (whether you assign it to the CPU or not). If all the games have been played, I'm advancing whether you've done it or not.

daw840

I was waiting for the the receiver to make it past the 1st down marker:lol

Every time I try a "realistic" drop back I seem to get sacked.

Top Bottom