• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

10pvuow.jpg

Striker said:
Wow at Harvin, :lol

Wait, I'm ranked! And I'm on a BYE!

If you check the the actual player of the week screen Eugene Jarvis won player of the week. Harvin won the conference player of the week

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
If you check the the actual player of the week screen Eugene Jarvis won player of the week. Harvin won the conference player of the week

Yeah, the POTW here are my choices for it. Eugene Jarvis already has two so I'm trying to spread it out a bit. I was considering doing a co-player of the week for both.

A nearly 500 (and your second over 300 to my knowledge) yard rushing game did get my attention, though. Are you spreading the ball out to other players at all? :lol I put that mass sub rule in for a reason.

GCQuinton said:
Yeah, the POTW here are my choices for it. Eugene Jarvis already has two so I'm trying to spread it out a bit. I was considering doing a co-player of the week for both.

A nearly 500 (and your second over 300 to my knowledge) yard rushing game did get my attention, though. Are you spreading the ball out to other players at all? :lol I put that mass sub rule in for a reason.

Well look at my roster, i have three options, OPTION OPTION OPTION, also i have thrown for over 1500 yds this season as well, so yes i am spreading the ball around, but jarvis is the best player on my team i would be stupid to not give him the ball as much as possible, also he had at least 3-4 runs of 60+ in the game and he also ran the ball nearly 30 times. So all of those things put together lead to this game. Also Jarvis is the Ncaa leading returning rusher for 2009 and an amazing back, with a weak MAC conference he could realistically rush for 300+ yards in a game.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Well look at my roster, i have three options, OPTION OPTION OPTION, also i have thrown for over 1500 yds this season as well, so yes i am spreading the ball around, but jarvis is the best player on my team i would be stupid to not give him the ball as much as possible, also he had at least 3-4 runs of 60+ in the game and he also ran the ball nearly 30 times. So all of those things put together lead to this game. Also Jarvis is the Ncaa leading returning rusher for 2009 and an amazing back, with a weak MAC conference he could realistically rush for 300+ yards in a game.

I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying those numbers threw up a red flag to me (and most likely anybody) when I saw them, even for college. Eugene Jarvis is good, but 490+ rushing yards and six TD in a game good? He didn't even break 100 on Miami of Ohio last year.

I can't believe I'm saying this with a 2-5 record, but Heisman may be the way to go next season to balance this out a bit. I'm seeing way too many 50, 60, and 70 point games among the other things like stats, so don't think it's just you I'm talking about.

In other news, vumpler dropped earlier tonight so there's a spot open for Season 2. I don't plan to add anybody mid-season.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying those numbers threw up a red flag to me (and most likely anybody) when I saw them, even for college. Eugene Jarvis is good, but 490+ rushing yards and six TD in a game good? He didn't even break 100 on Miami of Ohio last year.

I can't believe I'm saying this with a 2-5 record, but Heisman may be the way to go next season to balance this out a bit. I'm seeing way too many 50, 60, and 70 point games among the other things like stats, so don't think it's just you I'm talking about.

In other news, vumpler dropped earlier tonight so there's a spot open for Season 2. I don't plan to add anybody mid-season.
Dude, I am using Rutgers and struggled to beat Connecticut!

That said, many people (not making any allegations to those here, just sayin') may spice up their offensive play in CPU games by using constant screen plays, a.k.a money, or if you have a great offensive rated player like Harvin, toss it up for an easy 40-50 yards each play. I have two great WR's, but I struggle to have big games with them on a consistent basis.

Oh, and my running game sucks. Maybe that's why I'm not seeing the whole picture. :p

As for points, I agree there. Teams/players need to use the mass-sub rule more often...

Righty10

I would say if you are up by 21 on a CPU opponent then you should switch out your first teams. That's pretty much what I did on my last two CPU blowouts, keeping them fairly reasonable.

Vumpler dropped in the middle of the season? wtf that is bullshit

i'm not gonna lie, i love this online dynasty so much it's tempting to stay (fucking madden leagues), but with school approaching i can't have space for two football games :(

Righty10

pheeniks said:
Vumpler dropped in the middle of the season? wtf that is bullshit

i'm not gonna lie, i love this online dynasty so much it's tempting to stay (fucking madden leagues), but with school approaching i can't have space for two football games :(
Stay!

GCQuinton

Ugh, just lost a heartbreaker to Georgia Tech 31-24. Had a chance to tie it on their 10 with a minute left and couldn't seal the deal. Aside from my game with bobbydigital, it's probably the best I've played with them to date. Oh well, at least it's my #1 greatest game now.

daw840

Just finished my CPU game against K State. Just so you know, my Xbox froze in the first half of the first game I played and I had to replay it, very sorry about that, but things were going exactly the same as when I replayed it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
storybook77 said:
Oh no....don't take the Tide away from me!!!! :lol

medium_Batman%20-%20Bruce%20Wayne-cxupbaee.jpg

I'm not the player that they need, but they player they deserve.

But, I might take on another team if you get in as well. Though expect it to be a national power. I'm using all my PROCESS magic over on the PS3 league.

I know I won't be around for S2 but damn you Michigan for taking Gibson (QB) away from me :lol

I'm almost done with my game versus TT

annnnd i'm done. game wasn't as close as it looks!

Thecrow,

I will try to be on until 10:30 or 11 est to play our game, if we dont get it done tonight, i will be out of the country on business until sunday so it would have to wait until then. So i will be looking for you online and hoping to get it played tonight

GCQuinton

Duke convincingly upsets NC State 38-7! :D . My backup HB did pretty good. My starter might not have a job to come back to when he heals up :lol

Striker

Not sure if its for everybody else, but my starting HB is oft-injured. He was hurt in Week 1, and got hurt last game, too. So, I was forced to use my 2nd string back, and fortunately he was effective. He seems to hit the gaps faster and has good hands. I may keep him as starter until, or if, a new Freshman comes onto the scene next season.

Striker said:
Not sure if its for everybody else, but my starting HB is oft-injured. He was hurt in Week 1, and got hurt last game, too. So, I was forced to use my 2nd string back, and fortunately he was effective. He seems to hit the gaps faster and has good hands. I may keep him as starter until, or if, a new Freshman comes onto the scene next season.

Your HB might be

fiasmma%20soft%206%20toilet%20paper.jpg

GCQuinton

Striker said:

My top two HBs are seniors, with a true Freshman behind them so he was redshirted the second I started the dynasty up :lol

Striker

He is soft. He's benched now, too.

I am trying to get these videos on EASportsWorld, but do I have to upload them manually from my 360 to the website? They're not showing up yet. I haven't used the saved replay feature, except once when I tried it out during my Campus Legend -- that is on my video section, but not my recent ones. I guess it takes a while. :\

daw840

Striker said:
He is soft. He's benched now, too.

I am trying to get these videos on EASportsWorld, but do I have to upload them manually from my 360 to the website? They're not showing up yet. I haven't used the saved replay feature, except once when I tried it out during my Campus Legend -- that is on my video section, but not my recent ones. I guess it takes a while. :\

You have to go to the file management section in the first menu, then puch RB to scroll over to the Online Dynasty videos and select upload

GCQuinton

Just a reminder folks, if people have another channel to directly get into contact with them (AIM, email) be sure to use that too when trying to reach them. We all have XBL and everyone's GT is in the OP and on the Dynasty Headquarters screen, so remember to try that too.

daw840

My RB just absolutely sucks. I can't seem to ever get anything rolling with him. Maybe next year I will get a good HB!!

That was a very gg pheeniks. I thought you completely turned the tide at the end of the 1st half when you tied the game with 2 TDs within the last minute of the game:lol

edit: Not saying anything accusatory, but you didn't rush that much either.

KU = 12 Attempts for 31 yards

Texas = 13 Attempts for 18 yards...

daw840 said:
My RB just absolutely sucks. I can't seem to ever get anything rolling with him. Maybe next year I will get a good HB!!

That was a very gg pheeniks. I thought you completely turned the tide at the end of the 1st half when you tied the game with 2 TDs within the last minute of the game:lol

edit: Not saying anything accusatory, but you didn't rush that much either.

KU = 12 Attempts for 31 yards

Texas = 13 Attempts for 18 yards...

over half your rushes came in the 4th quarter when you were trying to kill clock.

i am pretty sure i attempted a rush or two on many many drives.

and i thought i turned the tide too. but i fucking hate this game right now. colt mccoy makes some of the shittiest throws ever and i will never play zone with my safeties ever again.

Striker

Didn't you get 5-star QB to commit, Pheeniks? I can't remember if you did or not. I was scrolling through the top players who have been committed and I thought you landed a top prospect.

I am in the boat with Daw -- I need a run game.

Top Bottom