• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

I find this hard to believe. My local Babbage's in Southlake Mall, Merrillville, Indiana. is getting 52 premium and 2 core. Also, they have the full version of Kameo in the playable unit. People were amazed by it.

There is a great disparity between different stores and chains. My local GameStop is getting eight systems, while a GameRush that does maybe 1/10 of the game volume (they are primarily videos and video rental) is getting ten systems.

By all appearances, the allocations are not really factoring in who makes the most money for MS.

However, Game Rush was smart enough to only sell ten preorders per store. EB and GS either screwed up or has contempt for their customers.

newsguy

Bebpo said:
If you can afford it, just buy the console elsewhere with no games on the night of the 21st. Then go the next day and use your credit on the games or pre-orders for future games.

Or, just ask the manager if you went elsewhere if he would put it all back on a credit card. My EB manager was cool enough to offer this to me before I knew if I was first shipment. He said if I could find it at BB or something he would simply return all of the credit to me on a credit card. Fortunately I was confirmed as first shipment, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

fse

anyone know how many x360 CostCo might be getting?

edit: fuck, their site ran out of a pgr3 bundle >:|

My EB just called me and the news is...I won't be getting a 360 on November 22nd. However, they do expect to get another shipment in in the beginning of December, including my 360.

I'm not all that disapointed...It'll give me time to check over the reviews, decide on which games to get, save a bit more money etc.

Wunderchu

ToyMachine228 said:
My EB just called me and the news is...I won't be getting a 360 on November 22nd. However, they do expect to get another shipment in in the beginning of December, including my 360.

I'm not all that disapointed...It'll give me time to check over the reviews, decide on which games to get, save a bit more money etc.
cool :)

Darko

Any Canadian Gaffers?

"Gamers can also witness the arrival of Xbox 360 to Canada at the exclusive Xbox 360 launch party, presented by MuchMusic. Fans of Xbox are invited to come to The Guvernment on Monday, November 21 for 360 minutes of entertainment featuring a live musical performance by OK Go, a special appearance by Perfect Dark Zero’s Joanna Dark, and the chance to play Xbox 360 games.

The first 360 people to arrive at The Guvernment, located at 132 Queen’s Quay East, Toronto, ON, are guaranteed entrance to the launch party. In addition, gamers attending the launch party will have exclusive access to the on-site Future Shop store and will have a chance to purchase their new Xbox 360 while at the event. The on-site Future Shop will feature Xbox 360 consoles, games, and accessories.
"

Fifty

Yeah, you got a ticket for me?

I posted that earlier. I have no clue what the deal would be with lining up for it, but I'd like to go, ideally with a ticket in hand won from the muchmusic contest. I honestly have no idea when I'd line up even if I wanted to.

Darko

I think tickets go on sale this week. People with tickets are guaranteed entrace. Also the first 360 people there (gatecrashers) without tickets get in. Unless theyve changed it. Im gonna be lining up right after school, 4-5ish

Just keep checking playxbox360.ca for ticket info
play3600yc.jpg

Fifty

I've heard that not everyone who gets in will get a system, as they'll only have 360 of them on hand, and there'll be more than that number of people there. If that turns out to be true, and you wait in line only to not get one at midnight, it's safe to say that would suck. Let me know if you find anything more about the tickets though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the closest best buy doing a midnight launch is getting 176 premium and 58 core -- shouldn't be too hard to get one, but if you've done one of these midnight launches before, how early do you think i should show up? 10, maybe?

SuperPac

drohne said:
the closest best buy doing a midnight launch is getting 176 premium and 58 core -- shouldn't be too hard to get one, but if you've done one of these midnight launches before, how early do you think i should show up? 10, maybe?

Dunno. Sounded like Best Buy is turning those midnight launches into well-promoted launch "events," so interest will probably be higher than normal.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
drohne said:
Hahahahahahaha.

Well it depends how many retail chains are selling them in the area. I'd swing by at 6 6 and at 8 to see how the line is and work from there.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm...if it's a matter of standing in line for hours and hours, then i don't think it's worth it. i guess i'll either take that shitty 4-game bundle or wait for my gamestop preorder to come through.

SuperPac

TekunoRobby said:
Well it depends how many retail chains are selling them in the area. I'd swing by at 6 6 and at 8 to see how the line is and work from there.

That's my plan as well. Luckily for me I live and work pretty close to this Best Buy and anyone who's not will have to deal with a *lot* of traffic to get there after work. :D

TwIsTeD

local eb had the faceplate......wired controllers, media remote, and component and s-video cables......all i gotta say is next gen= over priced 1st party cables :lol

MS has control of accessories licenscing till 2008 right? So no third party controllers for a while right?

I coulda sworn i read that, but then today i noticed at work theres a gamestop branded 360 controller shipping on the 25th or something

Man fuck MS. This is bullshit not getting enough of these things out there for launch. I've had my on pre-order from EB since mid-August and I'm still not getting one. My store is only getting 35 fucking 360s when they had over 1000 pre-orders. They tell me I'm like 45th on the list. Fuck them. Now I've got to go worry about making it into a line at Best Buy or where ever early enough to get one.

Preoders started in may.. you fail

Yeah, I preordered back sometime around e3 and I am on the cusp of getting/not getting a system. Number 17 and the store is getting 18 units.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hey, can we have a separate thread for X360 game impressions?

I have three definite purchases (PGR3, COD2, PDZ), but I'm curious about the others and woudl like at least one other game. So far things like King Kong look OK but no idea about the game. NBA Live looks great but the only basketball I know is NBA Street or Jam.

So the US launch impressions are very helpful for us European and Japan chaps to help us finalise our launch plans.

Cheers!

Chi-Town

PezRadar said:
MS has control of accessories licenscing till 2008 right? So no third party controllers for a while right?

I coulda sworn i read that, but then today i noticed at work theres a gamestop branded 360 controller shipping on the 25th or something

Microsoft has the lock on Wireless controllers but third parties are free to do wired controllers from day one.

Yusaku

Chi-Town said:
Microsoft has the lock on Wireless controllers but third parties are free to do wired controllers from day one.

Wrong, only licensed third parties can make accessories. They've implemented a scheme in hardware to ensure this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
SuperPac said:
Circuit City will be selling Xbox 360 hardware bundles online come Friday.

Not bad, but how many people want NFS *and* PGR3?

I'll be buying one from them online,but ill be getting rid of NFS on ebay or trading it in during the holidays....unless the game gets amazing reviews.

hgplayer1

yeah no kidding Im going to try to order one of these from CC as long as Ill be able to get it before 11-22. I doubt theyll offer in store pick up? I could care less which games it comes with especially since its just two games. does that bundle include an extra remote control? doesnt one already come in the premium pack?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
hgplayer1 said:
yeah no kidding Im going to try to order one of these from CC as long as Ill be able to get it before 11-22. I doubt theyll offer in store pick up? I could care less which games it comes with especially since its just two games. does that bundle include an extra remote control? doesnt one already come in the premium pack?

The remote control that comes with the premium pack is a mini version of the full thing.

hgplayer1

SnowWolf said:
The remote control that comes with the premium pack is a mini version of the full thing.

I know its a mini version Im just wondering why they would throw the full remote into the bundle knowing theres a mini one in the premium pack? I can imagine anyone who gets that pack is gonna be like WTF when they end up with two remotes.

Jerkface

Banned
Zaxxon said:
I didn't know the pack in remote was a mini remote. What features does the large size remote have that the mini remote doesn't?

The larger remote is a Universal one so it can control your whole entertainment setup, the smaller one is just for the 360.

Top Bottom