• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Shogun

Damn it. The Physical Gamespot in the Mall delayed my pre-order till after Christmas. Apparently they only got 4 units and will be getting 4 every week or so. Even though I made my pre-order in September won't be getting it till January.

fse

Shogun said:
Damn it. The Physical Gamespot in the Mall delayed my pre-order till after Christmas. Apparently they only got 4 units and will be getting 4 every week or so. Even though I made my pre-order in September won't be getting it till January.

:(

SuperPac

HiroProtag has popped in a new game -- American Wasteland. I guess the Rat Fink lookin' gamertile is from that one. Too bad I have no interest in this game, but the achievements seem pretty cool -- built to make you check out all corners of the game and such.

DSN2K

Im getting the Core Pack.....

Ive come to the conclusion I dont really care about BC on xbox at least... I have not played halo 2 since two weeks after launch and the only game I play right now is Pro Evolution Soccer 5.

I have no need for a headset as I dont want to talk to any of you people(no offence) and the hardrive will always be in stores to pick up at a later date.

cables it comes with are useless because I need a VGA cable and the Wireless pad is no big deal.

with the extra money I could get perhaps 3 games...

honestly what is so wrong with the Core Pack ? someone in the same position as me who has a fully working xbox and no real need for extras would see a good deal in it.

Rhindle

I'm liking some of these new faceplates ...

xbox1.jpg

SuperPac

DSN2K said:
Im getting the Core Pack.....

honestly what is so wrong with the Core Pack ? someone in the same position as me who has a fully working xbox and no real need for extras would see a good deal in it.

Nothing's wrong with it. I think that fight's pretty well over. There are plenty of gamers like yourself who will be buying it on launch day -- and will probably have an easier time of it, too. Just buy yourself a memory card and go crazy.

GhaleonEB

SuperPac said:
Very exciting. Man, they crammed a lot of stuff into that box. Frothing demand...increasing.

Very exciting vid. His reaction to the power brick was the same as mine - holy shit! I couldn't stop laughing.

Argyle

Well, looks like my Xbox 360 launch plans are firmed up :)

I was preorder #22 at my local Game Crazy and they are only getting 18 units...so it was either get a core system (they are getting six of those) or hope four people cancel.

But I just got an invite to the Zero Hour event, so it looks like I will be picking mine up there. Is anyone else from GAF going? (I imagine it's likely I'd see arne there...:))

hyp

can someone answer a quick tech question about the xbox360?

basically, i'm thinking of buying the VGA cable for my HDTV. will this produce any noticable improvement in the video quality vs. the standard component cables?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
hyp said:
can someone answer a quick tech question about the xbox360?

basically, i'm thinking of buying the VGA cable for my HDTV. will this produce any noticable improvement in the video quality vs. the standard component cables?
VGA and component is mostly the same thing. I think VGA just adds another channel for synchronization, but otherwise is still a Y/Pr/Pb signal. Some would even argue that the component cables are much thicker than a VGA cable, leading to a better overall quality.

newsguy

There is an improvement, but it may not be noticeable to some. There's a long explaination for this over at avsforum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=595990&highlight=vga

While VGA is better than component in critical applications (perhaps HDTV broadcast material), for a video game it's probably not that noticable. My old RCA DTC-100 HD receiver has VGA out and I could barely tell a difference from that and going through a component transcoder to my front projection setup (on a 119" screen), it's not a night and day difference. On my first HDTV system (65" Mits) almost 5yrs ago, I used the DTC-100 with a VGA to RCA breakout cable (which still retained all of the video info) and did A/B comparisions on 1080i material running it through a component transcoder and again, not a big difference at all.

You could probably renew by just calling the Live phone number.

I can automatically renew.

But I'd rather have:

12 months ($50 value)
headset ($20)
billiards ($5-$10)
rebate on any Live game ($20)
200 Live Marketplace points ($2.50)

For $70 than a 12-month-renewal alone for $50.

Ferny84

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I can automatically renew.

But I'd rather have:

12 months ($50 value)
headset ($20)
billiards ($5-$10)
rebate on any Live game ($20)
200 Live Marketplace points ($2.50)

For $70 than a 12-month-renewal alone for $50.

I think i'll get that, just so I can crack it open and use the $20 coupon on a game.

Mrbob

Reading at some other forums and it looks like EB and Gamestop shipments have been cut again. This is in addition to the orginal cutback.

SuperPac

Mrbob said:
Reading at some other forums and it looks like EB and Gamestop shipments have been cut again. This is in addition to the orginal cutback.

Watch EB and Gamestop get shipments one two and three on or before the 22nd. Comedy ensues.

I just got home from playing a few hours of PGR3 and i have to say Visually it is the most impressive game i have ever seen.

Everyone there was Blown away. Im one of those guys who prefers PGR1 to PGR2 because of the 60fps but with PGR3 honestly i cant tell the difference at all.

In terms of gameplay its the same fun PGR stuff + the kick ass cockpit view.

Fifty

Well if you went to that link you'd see it's a specific event, not a demo disc that canadian kiosks are getting. I shouldn't have said "the ones" in canada are getting it.

Yea it was the Toronto 360 place. Make sure you check out the new york track or the tokyo track at night time. The Ring looked insane as well.
HOnestly guys the Game looked breath taking i dunno what else to type. I was amazed.

Fifty: there is a guy who looks and sounds like Vin Diesel. Challenge him to a Game of PGR3 "say i heard you are the guy to beat" if you beat him he will get you to the VIP room.

Man fuck MS. This is bullshit not getting enough of these things out there for launch. I've had my on pre-order from EB since mid-August and I'm still not getting one. My store is only getting 35 fucking 360s when they had over 1000 pre-orders. They tell me I'm like 45th on the list. Fuck them. Now I've got to go worry about making it into a line at Best Buy or where ever early enough to get one.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that of the $300 I've got going towards my 360 pre-order at EB, $250 of it was through trade ins and I can't get any of that money back. The only guarantee the guy could make for me is that I would definately get one "before Christmas".

I can tell you exactly how it will go. Each store will get a batch in like my store of about 30 or so for the launch. Then fucking MS will trickle them in by 2 and 3s every week up until Christmas.

Gawd I'm fucking pissed!!!

SuperPac

siamesedreamer said:
Man fuck MS. This is bullshit not getting enough of these things out there for launch. I've had my on pre-order from EB since mid-August and I'm still not getting one. My store is only getting 35 fucking 360s when they had over 1000 pre-orders.

Lesson learned: Don't preorder from Gamestop or EB. It's not Microsoft's fault that Gamestop / EB opened their preorder campaign in May and pushed stores to take way more preorders and deposits than they were likely to be able to fulfill.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that of the $300 I've got going towards my 360 pre-order at EB, $250 of it was through trade ins and I can't get any of that money back. The only guarantee the guy could make for me is that I would definately get one "before Christmas".

If they're getting 35 in the first shipment I doubt you'll have to wait long to get one. Oftentimes the space between the first and second and even third shipments is very short. Especially since Microsoft is promising a steady flow of product.

If the time between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shipments is usually very short, then why the fuck can't they get all of them out at the same fucking time!?!

Rhindle

Eh, I don't get all teh EB/Gamestop hate. If you get your pre-order in early enough, it's nice to be set and no longer have to worry about it.

They obviously had to make a guess early on as to how many units each store would have for launch. Microsoft ended up shipping less than they expected. I don't see how that is EB's fault (or Microsoft's fault for that matter).

Bebpo

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Man fuck MS. This is bullshit not getting enough of these things out there for launch. I've had my on pre-order from EB since mid-August and I'm still not getting one. My store is only getting 35 fucking 360s when they had over 1000 pre-orders. They tell me I'm like 45th on the list. Fuck them. Now I've got to go worry about making it into a line at Best Buy or where ever early enough to get one.

I can tell you exactly how it will go. Each store will get a batch in like my store of about 30 or so for the launch. Then fucking MS will trickle them in by 2 and 3s every week up until Christmas.

Gawd I'm fucking pissed!!!

If you can afford it, just buy the console elsewhere with no games on the night of the 21st. Then go the next day and use your credit on the games or pre-orders for future games.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Shogun said:
My gamestop, while only recieving 4 360's already has my PD0, Kameo, and Condemned copies in.

I find this hard to believe. My local Babbage's in Southlake Mall, Merrillville, Indiana. is getting 52 premium and 2 core. Also, they have the full version of Kameo in the playable unit. People were amazed by it.

Top Bottom