• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:
Well, looks like I'll have my 360 tomorrow :D
The worldwide embargo on 1st/2nd party games is tomorrow btw, so expect a lot of reviews starting midnight !

Could European sites post reviews at midnight their time, or is there a uniform time everywhere? Like midnight PST?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gofreak said:
Could European sites post reviews at midnight their time, or is there a uniform time everywhere? Like midnight PST?
Considering the europeans sites got their kits at the end of last week if seems unlikely. Unless they also have a paper magazine on the side, in that case I guess they could have some reviews up in a couple of hours.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blimblim said:
I've been told I'll get the review builds of PGR3 and Kameo, and a builld of PDZ (no idea if it's review or not)

have fun with the 360 :) and whoever has got theres, enjoy the beginning of a new era :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gc-Freak said:
can we expect some direct-feed videos tomorrow?
I will try, but it will be difficult to switch back to 480i for the recording sessions.
I'm still wondering what would be best, doing direct feed 640x360 footage (deinterlaced so a bit blurry) or trying to use my camcorder with direct feed sound. I guess I'll try both and let people choose.

Blimblim said:
I will try, but it will be difficult to switch back to 480i for the recording sessions.
I'm still wondering what would be best, doing direct feed 640x360 footage (deinterlaced so a bit blurry) or trying to use my camcorder with direct feed sound. I guess I'll try both and let people choose.

Your cam rocked last time. Surprisingly so.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
krypt0nian said:
Your cam rocked last time. Surprisingly so.
We'll see. Properly calibrated the result could be good. Anyway it's a temporary solution until this {~¹#{[¶{ of a hdtv capture box is finally released. It's been announced for 6 months now and still no release date. Blah.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Joe said:
how is everyone else capturing in HD? or are they getting direct HD footage from publishers?
I guess they do. You can already capture in HD, but it requires a PCi-X capture card, so it only works on high end MACs or PC motherboards for servers. I guess IGN or Gamespot could afford this easily, but so far at least IGN seems to be still using the good old 480i capture system.
The capture box I want to buy uses PCI Express 4x, much more common stuff than PCI-X.

newsguy

Kameo just arrived at my door from Gamefly. It was actually a mistake because it was last on my list, but since it was the first title to ship I ended up with it. Hopefully Blim will have some sparkling impressions cause right now I'm kicking myself in the ass for getting this instead of one of the sports titles.

aparisi2274

Ok I am sure this must have been asked several times, but I am not going to go searching...

So here it goes... I have a TV that just has S-Video on it..(havent upgraded to an HDTV yet), and I have an Svideo switch box that I have all my components plugged into...

I have the X360 Premium pack preordered and I know it comes with the Component HD AV Cable. So my question is, can I use that with my svideo switch box? Or am I going to have to get an svideo cable for it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
aparisi2274 said:
Ok I am sure this must have been asked several times, but I am not going to go searching...

So here it goes... I have a TV that just has S-Video on it..(havent upgraded to an HDTV yet), and I have an Svideo switch box that I have all my components plugged into...

I have the X360 Premium pack preordered and I know it comes with the Component HD AV Cable. So my question is, can I use that with my svideo switch box? Or am I going to have to get an svideo cable for it?

Any info would be much appreciated.
The premium pack comes with a cable that can do both Component and Composite. For S-Video you'll need a separate cable.

aparisi2274

Blimblim said:
The premium pack comes with a cable that can do both Component and Composite. For S-Video you'll need a separate cable.

When you say I need an S-video cable, do you just mean a std svideo cable by itself, or the whole s-video kit, with the yellow, red, white cables as well?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I don't get the online Circuit City orders. Is the site going to crash on Friday at the appointed time when the bundles become available for order?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't think COD2 is supposed to ship until tomorrow, so stores should have it on Wednesday/Thursday. PGR3 was apparently scheduled to ship today, along with a bunch of other accessories, but the EB/Gamestop sites are not displaying them as "usually ships within 24 hours" like they normally would.

I've been gone all day and just heard the news about the launch titles. I'm pumped that PDZ will be making launch, since everyone seemed so hesitant to declare it as "done".

Jeff-DSA

So will the US winners be getting Kameo as well, or is it another Canadian bonus thing?

Intec case + Kameo = awesome unexpected extras to wave in our faces.

Zeo

Banned
Heh, just saw a commercial for MTV GAMERZ WEEK next week. Basically they're going to whore out 360 on TRL all next week.

I'm sure it'll be just as good as the original MTV special.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This is the Logitech remote I'm getting.

9705.jpg

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=11250

Harmony360sm.jpg

SuperPac

I like how the PDZ achievements will force people to play all the modes and will really tax some people's skills. Some of those others just don't.

Rhindle

Blimblim said:
I guess they do. You can already capture in HD, but it requires a PCi-X capture card, so it only works on high end MACs or PC motherboards for servers. I guess IGN or Gamespot could afford this easily, but so far at least IGN seems to be still using the good old 480i capture system.
The capture box I want to buy uses PCI Express 4x, much more common stuff than PCI-X.
Hey Blim, shouldn't you be able to just use a PC HD tuner card to cap the output from the Xbox?

I have an ATI HDTV card that accepts component input via a dongle. I haven't tried to cap an HD component feed to be honest, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Joe

http://www.360covers.com/servlet/Categories?category=XBOX+360+covers

faceplate skins

"high quality, durable, precision-cut pieces of vinyl that can be applied to the faceplate of your XBOX 360. 360COVERS can be removed and reapplied over and over again. With every skin you get razor sharp photo quality prints on the highest quality glossy vinyl. Our vinyl covers will not tear or stick to itself while applying or removing. 360COVERS will not leave any residue or adhesive on the surface of your faceplate... GUARANTEED! Apply easily in minutes with high quality results"

you can also email them your own custom skin and theyll print it on a vinyl and send it to you.

Word going around is that one Sam's Club in St. Louis put a pallet of 360's out by mistake. Supposedly a few were sold before they recognized the error.

Lo-Volt

I still think Microsoft should be looking into different color options in 2006. Faceplates don't seem like a very... fulfilling option when you could have a choice of white, silver or black (yeah, yeah, yeah, PS3 concept colors), etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft did something of the sort for LE's, but it would be nice to see choices once the flow has stabilized past the hectic launch period, I guess?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Outlaw Pro Mod said:
Word going around is that one Sam's Club in St. Louis put a pallet of 360's out by mistake. Supposedly a few were sold before they recognized the error.

Gotta love those little blue vested Wal-Martians and their inabilty to read.

Lo-Volt

DenogginizerOS said:
Gotta love those little blue vested Wal-Martians and their inabilty to read.

Lucky guys, those 360 buyers. When do we see pictures leak onto the internet? (with Microsoft special forces knocking the door down only a few minutes after?)

wow some ppl will be pissed. I just came home with CoD2 and ont he back of the box it says 2-8 players online and 1-16 through system link

Just saw that Gamestop.com has recently charged my debit card for the bundle I preordered. Guess that means the wheels are in motion.

Gahhhhhh just one more week! Seriously cannot wait.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone else still have a pre-order with Walmart.com? Just wondering if anyone else has contacted them about whether or not they're going to be able to fill all of their pre-orders at launch. I've gotten a couple of e-mails from them about "delays" on the console, as well as the included accessories, but that's only because they've missed the originally listed ship dates from when I ordered. I just called them to confirm that I still want to keep the order (which the e-mail suggested doing), and the lady seemed to think that mine, at least, would still be shipped next week.

Also, is anyone else concerned with the 360's power consumption? Is it seriously ~200W? Because that is fucking ridiculous. I live in an old apartment, and in the summer when I use my air conditioner, my lights dim and my modem sometimes resets. It would seriously suck if the 360 had this effect as well - I can't be sure if this will be the case because I don't actually know how much wattage a small air conditioner typically needs, but I don't think it's much more than 200W. It's also fucked that it uses a three-pronged power cord, which are typically reserved for microwaves, refrigerators, etc. You never see electronic components with these.

Yeah, I think I'm just paranoid and need next week to get here.

vatstep

Kabuki Waq said:
wow some ppl will be pissed. I just came home with CoD2 and ont he back of the box it says 2-8 players online and 1-16 through system link
Holy shit, that had better be a typo.

Where'd you pick it up?

Osorio

Kabuki Waq said:
WTF that's not cool.....Seems like I'll be renting from Gamefly. Seriously, 2-8? I thought Finest Hour and Big Red One even had up to 16!

Top Bottom