• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

weehomer

Kabuki Waq said:
wow some ppl will be pissed. I just came home with CoD2 and ont he back of the box it says 2-8 players online and 1-16 through system link

Didn't the TotalGames.net REVIEW say thatthere were 32 players online?! :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Kabuki Waq said:
wow some ppl will be pissed. I just came home with CoD2 and ont he back of the box it says 2-8 players online and 1-16 through system link

I am glad I haven't even considered COD2's multiplayer. The single player hopefully will make this less painful for many, including me.

dorio

Banned
Joe said:
http://www.360covers.com/servlet/Categories?category=XBOX+360+covers

faceplate skins

"high quality, durable, precision-cut pieces of vinyl that can be applied to the faceplate of your XBOX 360. 360COVERS can be removed and reapplied over and over again. With every skin you get razor sharp photo quality prints on the highest quality glossy vinyl. Our vinyl covers will not tear or stick to itself while applying or removing. 360COVERS will not leave any residue or adhesive on the surface of your faceplate... GUARANTEED! Apply easily in minutes with high quality results"

you can also email them your own custom skin and theyll print it on a vinyl and send it to you.
Nice find, Joe.

newsguy

DenogginizerOS said:
I am glad I haven't even considered COD2's multiplayer. The single player hopefully will make this less painful for many, including me.

Exactly. PDZ will quench my online thirst, CoD2 is for immersion baby.

Snaku

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Rumor on TXB is Kameo is going to get an 8.7 (very good) from Gamespot. Just a rumor, but if its real, good sign.

Yeah, definitely a good score coming from GS if true. The fact that it's a next gen titles puts even more critical pressure on it. Looks like they feel it damn good job not only showing off the system, but is a damn good game too.

Joe

pd0 and kameo have to get at least 9's across the board to get acceptance from internet drones. not saying that's right or wrong im just saying thats how its gonna be.

Striek

Joe said:
pd0 and kameo have to get at least 9's across the board to get acceptance from internet drones. not saying that's right or wrong im just saying thats how its gonna be.
I'd say in PDZ it has been billed by MS as a 9+ game (so has Kameo but eh, no one really expects that). Looking likely it might achieve that too.

Snaku

Banned
Joe said:

PDZ maybe, but Kameo is an original title and has jumped from three different consoles to get to where it is today. People aren't expecting as much from it I think. Perfect Dark by name alone is under far more pressure.

DenogginizerOS

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Rumor on TXB is Kameo is going to get an 8.7 (very good) from Gamespot. Just a rumor, but if its real, good sign.

Actually, the review is going to hatch out of an egg on 11/21/05. According to TXB.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
MS must have started the "official" ad campaign today (as opposed to the teaser-type ads), as I've seen a couple of commercials tonight.

One shows footage of COD2, with a player peering through his scope saying something to the effect of "I can see everything", just as another player sneaks up behind him - then the screen fades to the tagline stating "High definition graphics", and then the Xbox 360 splash. The other shows PGR3 gameplay from the in-car perspective, with a few people chatting, mentioning where they're from, etc - then the screen fades to the tagline, "Play online with Xbox Live", and then the Xbox 360 splash. They're both pretty understated and very well done.

20051111l.jpg

I just got the call. They are getting 16 premium. I'm #17.

Helznicht

Networking Question. Can I set up my HTPC with internet sharing, hardwire to the 360 and get the benefits of both Live and Media Center stuff?

Tiktaalik

Snaku said:
PDZ maybe, but Kameo is an original title and has jumped from three different consoles to get to where it is today. People aren't expecting as much from it I think. Perfect Dark by name alone is under far more pressure.

After playing it at the kiosks I don't expect anything from Kameo. :(

DenogginizerOS

Has Gamestop cancelled midnight openings for some stores? I am 3rd on the list for first shipment but I just got an automated call that I can pick it up Tuesday morning. Technically, 12:01 am is Tuesday morning. But some have gotten calls that specifically say midnight. Anybody hear anything?

Osorio said:
WTF that's not cool.....Seems like I'll be renting from Gamefly. Seriously, 2-8? I thought Finest Hour and Big Red One even had up to 16!

On G4tv.com the president of Infinity Ward said that even though 2-8 is listed on the box, with good connections you can get up to 16. I don't know why it was such a problem to lock down a firm 16 players, since Big Red One has smooth online play at that amount. And you can lean.

So, basically, for ten extra dollars we're getting a possibly crippled multiplayer feature, and the inability to lean. That 720p HD picture better be worth it.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I watched the manager of gamestop play full version of kameo today at the store. I'm calling bullshit on this.

newsguy

Eel O'Brian said:
So, basically, for ten extra dollars we're getting a possibly crippled multiplayer feature, and the inability to lean. That 720p HD picture better be worth it.

Huh? CoD2 is a totally different game from BRO.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Rhindle said:
Hey Blim, shouldn't you be able to just use a PC HD tuner card to cap the output from the Xbox?

I have an ATI HDTV card that accepts component input via a dongle. I haven't tried to cap an HD component feed to be honest, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.
Unfortunately no. Capturing a 1280x720 non compressed HDTV stream requires about 60 MB/s of bandwidth. A ATI HDTV capture card only captures compressed MPEG2 streams, or uncompressed SDTV.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Eel O'Brian said:
On G4tv.com the president of Infinity Ward said that even though 2-8 is listed on the box, with good connections you can get up to 16.

thats good to know, though really, i think i'd be perfectly happy with 4 on 4

Mrbob

The final X360 version of CoD2 doesn't have a lean function? How sad when the basic of gameplay implementations can't make it into the game. PC wins.

Bah, see if this works:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=69518

Screw it. I can't get it to work. Anyway, I posted this back on 11/1 in a thread I started:

So, I finally found a 360 demo kiosk and got to try out a couple of games.

In doing so I discovered that CoD2 has no lean function. Sorry, but that's in-fucking-excusable in a next-generation game.

I understand that it may be a port from a current generation game, but there is absolutely nothing mapped to the d-pad and just about every WWII FPS game this generation has the feature.

-1 sales

And I won't even get into the jaggy mess that are the artillery cannons in the first section of the demo.

newsguy

Speaking of CoD2, I just saw the commercial for the 360 version during Conan. I think it's fucking lame that they don't use in-game footage. It seems whoever did the CG stuff for the BRO commercial just did some stuff for CoD2 as well. It's odd for a casual gamer to see the xbox 1 version CG spot and then see the CoD2 CG spot cause they look EXACTLY THE SAME.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
According to Kojima, the MGS4 demo could've been done on X360

mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/1up_x360_hardware_roundtable_148k.wmv

1up.com hardware discussion

I fished out the link myself, get SDP to download it

atomsk

Party Pooper
got the automated call from gamestop last night saying i can come get mine monday at midnight :D

then 5 minutes later the call that mario kart would be in today.

Tiktaalik

I was watching some kid play CoD2 yesterday and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the health system worked. I didn't see any life bar at all and the kid was a terrible player and he was being hit constantly. He probably got hit like 30 times before he just suddenly died. What am I missing here? Is the health bar hidden away somewhere?

Zaxxon said:
I was watching some kid play CoD2 yesterday and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the health system worked. I didn't see any life bar at all and the kid was a terrible player and he was being hit constantly. He probably got hit like 30 times before he just suddenly died. What am I missing here? Is the health bar hidden away somewhere?

the screen tells you your hurt and need to get cover

Top Bottom