• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Tiktaalik

truffleshuffle83 said:
the screen tells you your hurt and need to get cover

definitely noticed that. There's no indicator of how hurt you can get before you die though? Anyway, the character in the game was a damn super hero. He can get hit so many times, while you're teammates die in one hit.

yeah i think the rumbling of the controller is an indication as well as the tinting around the edge of the screen turns a slight red. the more hurt you are, the longer it stays

Zaxxon said:
definitely noticed that. There's no indicator of how hurt you can get before you die though? Anyway, the character in the game was a damn super hero. He can get hit so many times, while you're teammates die in one hit.

With regenerating health its obviously not going for WWII sim awards. :) I'm all for the game not depending on health packs strewn about the battlefield though.

truffleshuffle83 said:
yeah i think the rumbling of the controller is an indication as well as the tinting around the edge of the screen turns a slight red. the more hurt you are, the longer it stays

Yup, just like King Kong's no-hud health indicators.

krypt0nian said:
Could be. That's not a problem for me if true.

But I hardly think so as a gamestore is not the best place to play a game through.
Quoted For Truth. A gamestore is a place, not to play games, but to cuss out the misinformation-spreading 'tard behind the counter. Also, gamestores are a great place to turn over the magazine rack while yelling "O RLY, EGM gave MK: DS an 86.7! Too low,
FAT-INTERNET-NERD SMASH!!!!!

one week left!!!!!!

this launch is actually pretty exciting, and overall i think the system will be received pretty well.
my major complaint with microsoft is that the kiosks were terrible

1. make sure whoever hooks the system actually knows how to hook it up to a HDTV. switch the component over to HDTV retards
2. put demos and movies on it that are somewhat representational of the final product, not alpha builds from 6 months ago

I'm excited for the launch of the new hardware, but still undecided on which games to grab, should I be lucky enough to get a system at Wal-mart when I make my Mid-Night Run.

Question. I know that the 360 can stream music over the network from your PC, but can it also copy that music directly to the hard drive? I'd rather just dump it on the hard drive so I don't have to have my PC on to listen to the music. The visualizer sounds great, and I'd like to take advantage of custome soundtracks this gen, which I didn't do last gen, as I didn't want to re-rip all my music. Thanks.

crunker99

Congratulations on winning an Every10Minutes Sweepstakes.
Your Xbox 360 will be delivered on Saturday, November 19th, 2005 by UPS.
Please remember that the delivery needs to be signed for by an adult, otherwise another delivery attempt will need to be made on the next business day.

If you are not home on Saturday, UPS will leave a note and reattempt delivery at another time.
This note will contain a UPS phone number for your local office, should you have any questions about delivery.
Delivery times vary by area, so your system could arrive during any part of the day/afternoon hours on the 19th.

Please allow until 6:00 PM Saturday to receive your system.

Thank you,
Pepsi-Cola Consumer Care

oh well 5 more days only - check your account histories

GCQuinton

Hadn't seen this anywhere, but the Live Marketplace content's been announced. The whole list of content is at the link.

In anticipation of the next generation console launch, Microsoft today announced that more than 400 pieces of downloadable Xbox Live Marketplace content—including free interactive demos for games like; “FIFA Soccer 06 Road to the 2006 FIFA World Cup” (Electronic Arts), “Kameo: Elements of Power” (Microsoft Game Studios), “Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie” (Ubisoft), “NBA LIVE 06” (Electronic Arts), and “Need for Speed Most Wanted” (Electronic Arts) as well as new music videos from Franz Ferdinand and Audioslave courtesy of Epic Records—will be available to Xbox 360 fans starting November 22. Freely accessible to anyone with a broadband connection, Xbox Live Marketplace is a digital download center providing free and premium content for games, as well as entertainment content such as movie trailers and music videos.

http://www.syncgaming.com/index.php?page=viewnews&id=3681

Jeff-DSA

SonnyBoy said:
You should really give me your tracking number so I can verify that everything is in the box. :) :lol :D

Actually, I'd like to know what's exactly in the box. The Canadians ended up getting Kameo with theirs, that would be awesome if we got it too.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Qustions (I am sure this has been asked a dozen times before:

Can you import MP3s into the system, or just stream them?

Does the system fetch album info when you put in a music CD?

this is from whats been replied on the boards, i cant gurantee this for sure. i think im just gonna hook up my ipod while i play if i want custom music. seems easiest

scarybore

truffleshuffle83 said:
yes and yes

Hmm, I seem to remember Element saying you couldn't dump mp3s onto the 360 a while back but if thats changed then yay!. The last thing I want to do is re-rip my collection so I can listen to something when my 360 is nowhere near my PC.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I need a game to go with 2K6. Kameo, PD0 or PGR3?

2k6? You playing yourself? ;)

swordsman

Banned
Yes it is going to great, free playable demo of the game (Try befor buy).
I saw the price of the themes, If I am not wrong. It costs each 800 points.
1600 points card will cost you $19.99.
So 10 bucks for the theme>>expensive.

Looking forward to download some arcade games and playable demos.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
How long before somebody takes one apart?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Something rather interesting (I think) for you guys. On a widescreen SDTV, PGR3 uses a 1024x600 framebuffer, while both Kameo and PDZ use a 640x480 one.
Thought you'd like to know that.

Something rather interesting (I think) for you guys. On a widescreen SDTV, PGR3 uses a 1024x600 framebuffer, while both Kameo and PDZ use a 640x480 one.

If you tell the system that you have a 4:3 SDTV, does it use a 4:3 framebuffer, or 16:9 and then letterbox it through the scaler?

How about 4:3 VGA monitors? Letterboxed, full screen, or stretched 'taller'?

I wonder if PDZ has a faster or more stable framerate in 480p. Or is it fast and stable all the time anyway?

Thanks for giving us so much info, BlimBlim. You the man. If I had any hot cosplay pics, they'd be yours.

hyp

Blimblim said:

so to those of you that might find this info. useful. is this good or bad? pardon my lack of education on the subject but does this mean kameo and pdz upscaling to 720p could be worse? or does this merely mean that kameo and pdz are running native resolutions and that they might actually be a TRUE 720p?

marsomega

Good news everyone. Circuit City is selling them first come first serve and they have coupons for 5 bux off Kameo and PGR3. No bundles or anything. If you want their 2 year warranty (90 day warranty sux) its 88 bucks. Best of all you can wait in front of the store with no worries about internet orders and their 24 minute pick up thing since the XBOX360 will be sold in store only.

(Miami, Florida here). Word is CC is getting 50.

Happy Hunting.

Tiktaalik

Got my befirsttoplay Xbox today.

The user interface in the dashboard is great. The power unit is HUUGE. Hexic is pretty boring. I played some Halo and it's great with the new controller. The 360 controller is the best controller ever made I think. Also the Xbox 360 comes with a free Xbox 360 sticker.

I think someone asked about this earlier in the thread...
xboxwarning1.jpg

Here's a comparison photo of controllers for the folks who haven't been to a kiosk yet.

controllercompare.jpg

And yes, I'm playing it on an old fashioned tv :\

xboxyay.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality. It was really dark outside today, and thus, dark in my house.

Seth C

Zaxxon said:

The user interface in the dashboard is great. The power unit is HUUGE. Hexic is pretty boring. I played some Halo and it's great with the new controller. The 360 controller is the best controller ever made I think. Also the Xbox 360 comes with a free Xbox 360 sticker.

I think someone asked about this earlier in the thread...
xboxwarning1.jpg

Here's a comparison photo of controllers for the folks who haven't been to a kiosk yet.

controllercompare.jpg

And yes, I'm playing it on an old fashioned tv :\

xboxyay.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality. It was really dark outside today, and thus, dark in my house.

How securely does the 360 sit on top of the old Xbox? That is the most convenient location for me to put mine, so I'm curious.

Tiktaalik

Seth C said:
How securely does the 360 sit on top of the old Xbox? That is the most convenient location for me to put mine, so I'm curious.

all 4 feet touch and the 360 doesn't move at all. It's very secure.

Birbo

Well, after pondering whether or not to get my pre-ordered 360, I decided over the weekend to go through with it....only to discover I'm #15 on the list at my EB and they're only getting 12 units. :(

lachesis

Well, that's it. I think I'm going to jump on the X360 launch band-wagon.

I'll try my local Target (walking distance) on launch day morning before I go to work.
If I cannot get one then - then hell with it. I'll just sit back and wait few months.
I'm thinking of calling them up this weekend whether they plan to open midnight for this or not
- and I probably won't be camping outside, because I'm just too old for that shit now. ;)
I did my share of camping out in Japan DC launch...

Here's the list of things I'll probably get if I can secure mine -

X360 Good pack x1
extra wireless controller x1
play&charge kit x1
extra battery x1 (or extra play&charge kit)
wireless adapter x1

Thing is, I'm wondering what should I get for the games.
I'm leaning towards Fifa 360 (I'm a soccer fan, but more of WE guy..
but I just want to check out.), as well as PGR3 or RR6.

To be honest, none of the launch games do not excite me at the moment -
as I've became quite tired of racing games thesedays -
so if my target do not require me to buy packages or so - then I might end up getting the system setup only for now...

wish me luck! :)

lachesis

Ryck

lachesis said:
Thing is, I'm wondering what should I get for the games.
I'm leaning towards Fifa 360 (I'm a soccer fan, but more of WE guy..
but I just want to check out.), as well as PGR3 or RR6.
I was in this boat till I saw that you can download a playable demo of Fifa onto the hard drive. :) ( Im also a Pro evo guy....who isn't?)

I called my Gamestop and Im reserve #2 ( I guess an employee was #1) so Im assured of one on monday night :)

I decided on my limited budget of 550 that Im getting Madden for sure ( after reading ign's review ) and one other game although I can't decide between Call of Duty and Perfect Dark........argghhhh any input would be greatly apreciated.

lachesis

Ryck said:
I was in this boat till I saw that you can download a playable demo of Fifa onto the hard drive. :) ( Im also a Pro evo guy....who isn't?)

Ahh.. haven't thought of the demo. Thanks. I think I"ll tryout the demo before I buy - especially after reading 1up review. ;)

lachesis

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Zaxxon said:

did you download anything for halo backwards compatability?

marty mentioned that the halo 1 and 2 backwards compatability on the hdd is incomplete and features wonky sound. a quick live download will fix it though

Top Bottom