• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Nlroh

These ones are the best:

fhRXs.jpg

kf3Vj.jpg

Or you can use Harry again, but I don't like the lighting in that picture.

These ones are the best:

fhRXs.jpg

kf3Vj.jpg

Or you can use Harry again, but I don't like the lighting in that picture.

I'll probably stick with Harry for the time being. Though I do like those two.

One of these days Trigger or Mehrius will change their avatars to some lessor artist(a shameful display of inferior commitment levels).....and then I will strike for Louis or Zayn.

I am patient.........

LMKPh.gif

Trigger

I'll probably stick with Harry for the time being. Though I do like those two.

One of these days Trigger or Mehrius will change their avatars to some lessor artist(a shameful display of inferior commitment levels).....and then I will strike for Louis or Zayn.

I am patient.........

ibmlDEhB7V086b.gif

What does that mean?? I don't know what to make of those numbers >_<

Its audience impressions. So 13.143 million people ere impacted/exposed to the song on the radio. 0.709 million more than yesterday.

(the numbers right now are REALLY terrible)

X Factor finale next week? Aren't they supposed to perform....or is that the US X factor finale? I can never keep the two straight in my head.

I just want them to release a new single so I have something to be hyped about. I love tracking airplay and sales.....Little Things doesn't work though and is already over on US radio. I NEED something to be hyped about.

He looks like her younger brother. Awkward.

I agree she just doesn't look right with him. Here's hoping its all just a publicity stunt (both are just coming off massive album sales so I wouldn't count it out.

Delio

They are performing on the UK Xfactor Finale. I dont know if that is next week or not tho. I'm pretty sure Simon will wrangle them to the US for our finale.

I know what you mean. I dont feel hyped for anything right now cept for the Movie next year.

They are performing on the UK Xfactor Finale. I dont know if that is next week or not tho. I'm pretty sure Simon will wrangle them to the US for our finale.

I know what you mean. I dont feel hyped for anything right now cept for the Movie next year.

I am not really hyped for the film. These sort of things usually suck.....we will see though.

Glad they will be on X Factor finale....they would be advised to release their music video around that time imo.

My BIG worry is that they will run this era into the ground touring (because thats where the $$$ is) and screw themselves over long term. The last thing they need is a dead spell for the next month while they let Little Things decay on the radio (or any other dead spells....because if none of your songs are sticking on the radio you can't just quit touring to record more....not with their schedule). I would would expect another album spring 2014....... no later. Of course with groups there is always the worry about the group breaking up as well....but that goes without saying and Harry is dead to me if it happens.

Delio

TBH I'm expecting a new album this time next year or maybe a bit earlier if the pattern from their last two keeps up. So I expect some new single around April or June. This era will go by fast just because of that touring.

I don't know if I want them back for a second performance.

TBH I'm expecting a new album this time next year or maybe a bit earlier if the pattern from their last two keeps up. So I expect some new single around April or June. This era will go by fast just because of that touring.

I don't know. Isn't their schedule incredibly brutal this year? When does the tour end?

If they manage to get an album out next year I will be impressed. Would be nice to have some hit singles before that though....should be their priority. They need dat airplay.

I don't know if I want them back for a second performance.

Awww......sure the song was PURE shit....but their performance wasn't bad.

Kiss You is a far better/funner song.

Delio

I don't know. Isn't their schedule incredibly brutal this year? When does the tour end?

If they manage to get an album out next year I will be impressed. Would be nice to have some hit singles before that though....should be their priority. They need dat airplay.

I THINK the tour ends this summer. As that's the last few dates I think. They were working on Take me Home during the final part of their last tour so it's possible.

But I agree they REALLY need to work on getting their singles pumped up. Sure it's ok to be a album selling band over just a single here and there but it would be nice to see something touch WMYB again.

I THINK the tour ends this summer. As that's the last few dates I think. They were working on Take me Home during the final part of their last tour so it's possible.

But I agree they REALLY need to work on getting their singles pumped up. Sure it's ok to be a album selling band over just a single here and there but it would be nice to see something touch WMYB again.

I am ambitious for them. I really think they can be MUCH bigger than they are now and lay a groundwork for success for years to come....but as you said. That REQUIRES singles. They need to keep broadening their audience.

For some reason I thought their tour went longer than that. If it ends in the summer I am sure they will release a new album next year. Now that I think about it.....it makes sense. If they were going to wait till 2014 they would have left a slot open for an EP or re release of the album.

Just curious what do you think their third (not counting LT) single will be? I am not sure what the next obvious choice would be. C'Mon C'Mon is too similar to Kiss You for my tastes (similar how they did themselves in by releasing One Thing after TWMYB last album).

Awww......sure the song was PURE shit....but their performance wasn't bad.

Kiss You is a far better/funner song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjSdV8IhoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TryM7UpSv0s
thank god for the audience screaming for them. if they heard them sing ;x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjSdV8IhoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TryM7UpSv0s
thank god for the audience screaming for them. if they heard them sing ;x
First one wasn't bad beyond the song itself.

Second one was more painful than I remember though.

Its a shame they feel the need to do all that awful choreography for the fans. When they just sing they aren't bad. They also need to get over the need to give EVERYONE solo's every song. Some of them just cannot sing (sorry Niall...Louis).

Nlroh

I already said that the Harry-Taylor thing is the most staged relationship since Taylor's last relationship. I think this weekend there were some pictures of Zayn with his gf in NY, the quality of them was extremely bad, low low low res stuff. Then Taylor goes out with Harry and real paparazzis appear... erhm... you could still say that it's because Taylor has a higher profile than zayn, but to me it sounds like it was arranged.

I already said that the Harry-Taylor thing is the most staged relationship since Taylor's last relationship. I think this weekend there were some pictures of Zayn with his gf in NY, the quality of them was extremely bad, low low low res stuff. Then Taylor goes out with Harry and real paparazzis appear... erhm... you could still say that it's because Taylor has a higher profile than zayn, but to me it sounds like it was arranged.

Well TBH they are both in New York because they are both performing at the same concert coming up I think......so could just be hanging out (and of course building publicity).

I mean. There is no way they go out in THOSE looks without wanting to get caught.

Nlroh

This thing of criticizing their singing ability is getting too close to pop gaf territory. I'm expecting the febreze gif any second now.

This thing of criticizing their singing ability is getting too close to pop gaf territory. I'm expecting the febreze gif any second now.

Hopefully we avoid that. Pretty sure Mumei frowns on popgaf invading and derailing threads.

They really are fine singers individually. Their sound works.....they sell records and produce good music.....what else really matters?

Nlroh

They really are fine singers individually. Their sound works.....they sell records and produce good music.....what else really matters?

That's what I think and that's why criticizing their singing ability reminds me of pop gaf. I mean, there are ways to discuss it, but it's always like "HEY my fave sings better than yours! NO! mine's better!" ooookaaaay. >_____>

Anyway, I'm pretty sure anyone who tries to do some choreography and sing will sound bad unless they're lip syncing.

That's what I think and that's why criticizing their singing ability reminds me of pop gaf. I mean, there are ways to discuss it, but it's always like "HEY my fave sings better than yours! NO! mine's better!" ooookaaaay. >_____>

Anyway, I'm pretty sure anyone who tries to do some choreography and sing will sound bad unless they're lip syncing.

Well there are some who can pull it off. Beyonce, Gaga(sometimes), Ke$ha(also sometimes).

But yeah.

You are right. Its easy to get too caught up in vocals.

So far I have listened to Take Me Home a ton and have yet to get sick of it (I tend to get sick of music really quickly) which is a good sign. People say they are just another boyband, but they really do have a fairly distinctive sound I think.

Mumei

Hopefully we avoid that. Pretty sure Mumei frowns on popgaf invading and derailing threads.

What are you two talking about?

Top Bottom