• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Ah so it is pop huh, not so much boy band stuff.

They are pretty damn boy band lol.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing though.

I am optimistic that they will be able to make a move to a more mature sound with their next album. People forget some of them are only 18.......what is wrong with young people making young music?

beatles stans goin' ham on the first page. i like it.

edit: 1D is bad, bye!

Bye

BgIjq.gif

Servbot24

Banned
Had a listen, was a bit better than I expected but I definitely won't be listening again. Pretty disposable.

Anyways why are people assuming that people who like pop don't listen to anything else? For example my favorite albums this year include Actress, Carly Rae Jepsen, Converge, Terrence Dixon and Aluk Todolo (I know you don't care what I listen to, just making a point). Different kinds of music, amongst which the teen pop album is absolutely legitimate.

I could make the same assumption that some of you listen to nothing but woefully boring indie p4k shit and that would probably be more accurate. I'm not going to bomb every Beach House, Xx and Grizzly Bear thread telling you how much it sucks though.

Kyon

Banned
Had a listen, was a bit better than I expected but I definitely won't be listening again. Pretty disposable.

Anyways why are people assuming that people who like pop don't listen to anything else? For example my favorite albums this year include Actress, Carly Rae Jepsen, Converge, Terrence Dixon and Aluk Todolo. Different kinds of music, amongst which the teen pop album is absolutely legitimate.

I could the same assumption that some of you listen to nothing but woefully boring indie p4k shit and that would probably be more accurate. I'm not going to bomb every Beach House, Xx and Grizzly Bear thread telling you how much it sucks though.

May come as a shock to people but I listen more to Foreign Pop music than this stuff. I always found it more innovative and interesting. I also LOVE country music.

But most ppl on Gaf just assume that pop fans only listen to Top40 and "shit" music. It's all supposed to be fun.

People taking music seriously and trying to peg down artists that don't write their own music or don't play instruments are living in an alternate dimension where that matters because aint nobody curr about that elitist shit.

Music is fun if you like the song have fun.

Ppl so damn serious here. We all have different tastes its ok not to like pop >__< I think I said the same thing more than once but whatever lol you get the point

May come as a shock to people but I listen more to Foreign Pop music than this stuff. I always found it more innovative and interesting. I also LOVE country music.

But most ppl on Gaf just assume that pop fans only listen to Top40 and "shit" music. It's all supposed to be fun.

People taking music seriously and trying to peg down artists that don't write their own music or don't play instruments are living in an alternate dimension where that matters because aint nobody curr about that elitist shit.

Music is fun if you like the song have fun.

Ppl so damn serious here. We all have different tastes its ok not to like pop >__< I think I said the same thing more than once but whatever lol you get the point

CIlcZ.gif

Tomodachi

Anyways why are people assuming that people who like pop don't listen to anything else? For example my favorite albums this year include Actress, Carly Rae Jepsen, Converge, Terrence Dixon and Aluk Todolo (I know you don't care what I listen to, just making a point). Different kinds of music, amongst which the teen pop album is absolutely legitimate.

I could make the same assumption that some of you listen to nothing but woefully boring indie p4k shit and that would probably be more accurate. I'm not going to bomb every Beach House, Xx and Grizzly Bear thread telling you how much it sucks though.

This was what I was going to write to the guys above but my english sucks so I gave up halfway through the writing.

I was surprised they weren't nominated for more

They should step up there music videos tho, since most of them are just them running around like in some JC Penny ad

They heaped awards on anyone who would show up. Taylor Swift walked away with a haul.

One Directions music vids are fine for me. Little Things is a nice change-up imo. I really don't want them to go overboard with the production quite yet.

Nlroh

AhQS6.gif

Lol Niall is such a dork....so adorable.

He's adorkable!

UGdrx.gif

---
I don't like Little things lyrics. "You still have to squeeze into your jeans", are they implying she's still fat??? It seems weird to me that's supposed to be something good, and then the "you'll never love yourself half as much as i love you". Seriously, I don't get the message of the song.

He's adorkable!

UGdrx.gif

---
I don't like Little things lyrics. "You still have to squeeze into your jeans", are they implying she's still fat??? It seems weird to me that's supposed to be something good, and then the "you'll never love yourself half as much as i love you". Seriously, I don't get the message of the song.

Yeah its super awkward.

The message is good imo....but no one would ever actually talk that way. Its laying it all on rather thick.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

yeah the lyrics are basic pandering for the insecure girls
but the song grew on me after I thought it was meh, I still dont sing a long aside from the main chorus cause its just awkward

yeah the lyrics are basic pandering for the insecure girls
but the song grew on me after I thought it was meh, I still dont sing a long aside from the main chorus cause its just awkward

They really needed the song though. I mean...I have no delusions about their ability to sing live....but they actually sound really nice on this slower song.

highrider

Banned
On xfactor niall sang well. He impressed me vocally more than the other guys in that performance. I see him taking a Brian McFadden/westlife kind of path.

Nlroh

Yeah its super awkward.

The message is good imo....but no one would ever actually talk that way. Its laying it all on rather thick.

It's like a compliment that's about to backfire.

tumblr_mbamixNZDU1rhsih9o2_250.gif

I appreciate it's something a little bit different from them, but I don't know... I prefer summer love, wait, no! that's still super popish. I don't remember any other song like Lt.

It's like a compliment that's about to backfire.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbamixNZDU1rhsih9o2_250.gif

I appreciate it's something a little bit different from them, but I don't know... I prefer summer love, wait, no! that's still super popish. I don't remember any other song like Lt.[/QUOTE]

At least they aren't pushing it hard as a single. Just mainly a cash/publicity grab before the Album.

Nlroh

Kiss you also bug me. They say they need the girl because she looks good from her head to her feet, show her off to all of their friends.... Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, but I still don't like the idea of little teenage girls hearing this over and over. First twilight and now this! Anyway, I can't get this shit out of my head and I can't help but sing it. At least i'm not a susceptible teenager.

Oh, I just wanna show you off to all of my friends, making them drool

tumblr_m2hcbdL4661r6dlkh.gif

Kiss you also bug me. They say they need the girl because she looks good from her head to her feet, show her off to all of their friends.... Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, but I still don't like the idea of little teenage girls hearing this over and over. First twilight and now this! Anyway, I can't get this shit out of my head and I can't help but sing it. At least i'm not a susceptible teenager.

tumblr_m2hcbdL4661r6dlkh.gif

Will have to give it another listen. It certainly isn't among my favorite songs on the album.....it doesn't really bother me though.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Kiss You is for the hot girls

and Little Things is for the ugly ones

zATTJ.gif

Tuck

Oh god the gifs... this thread was clearly put up too early.

C'mon c'mon, Kiss You and Heart Attack are all wonderful.

TLxdK.gif

Dat "take me now" stare.

Oh god the gifs... this thread was clearly put up too early.

C'mon c'mon, Kiss You and Heart Attack are all wonderful.

Yup. All three of those would make great singles. I really wish there was at least one more solid ballad on the album though......I am a huge sucker for ballads, but Little Things doesn't really work for me.

Nlroh

I still find surprising that Larry are so obvious.
I want a Heart Attack video just to see Niall doing the Ow!

AAAAnd the lack of ballads is awful, I want a new Gotta be you.

I still find surprising that Larry are so obvious.
I want a Heart Attack video just to see Niall doing the Ow!

AAAAnd the lack of ballads is awful, I want a new Gotta be you.

My personal favorite ballad was "Making the Same Mistakes" since its not the same subject matter they always do (I guess its only a semi ballad tho). I do really enjoy Gotta Be You as well.

In fact my favorites so from both albums have been songs that deviate from the "formula". I love "Tell Me a Lie".......you put Kelly Clarkson and One Direction together (she wrote it) and I am in heaven. This new album is a bit more one dimensional than the first imo, but I have yet to listen to all the tracks more than a couple times (plus bonus tracks) so I could change my mind.

Edit: Also Taken was a great track imo.

OU0Vh.gif

But yeah.....if neither Louis or Harry is gay there is no justice in the world. (Though I have the crazy conspiracy that its actually one of the other 3 who is gay but Harry/Louis are used to distract away attention.)

Nlroh

My personal favorite ballad was "Making the Same Mistakes" since its not the same subject matter they always do (I guess its only a semi ballad tho). I do really enjoy Gotta Be You as well.

In fact my favorites so from both albums have been songs that deviate from the "formula". I love "Tell Me a Lie".......you put Kelly Clarkson and One Direction together (she wrote it) and I am in heaven. This new album is a bit more one dimensional than the first imo, but I have yet to listen to all the tracks more than a couple times (plus bonus tracks) so I could change my mind.

Edit: Also Taken was a great track imo.

But yeah.....if neither Louis or Harry is gay there is no justice in the world. (Though I have the crazy conspiracy that its actually one of the other 3 who is gay but Harry/Louis are used to distract away attention.)

I really like Making the same mistakes, but Gotta be You is my favorite! And yeah, i think the new album is pretty one dimensional, I just listened the whole album once, though, but it doesn't have musical diversity.

tumblr_mdculwWcjp1rn1ypvo6_250.gif

Wafflecakes, they have to be amazing at acting if they're not gay. Your crazy theory doesn't work!

I really like Making the same mistakes, but Gotta be You is my favorite! And yeah, i think the new album is pretty one dimensional, I just listened the whole album once, though, but it doesn't have musical diversity.

tumblr_mdculwWcjp1rn1ypvo6_250.gif

Wafflecakes, they have to be amazing at acting if they're not gay. Your crazy theory doesn't work!

Well both have Girlfriends so either way they are amazing actors. The mystery keeps it all interesting....plus other than his romance with Harry, Louis has nothing really going for him (vocally....ugh).

it9bQ.gif

Nlroh

Well both have Girlfriends so either way they are amazing actors. The mystery keeps it all interesting....plus other than his romance with Harry, Louis has nothing really going for him (vocally....ugh).

it9bQ.gif

You don't need to act to have a beard. And Louis has... his sassiness?

tumblr_mdcr8u3Vmb1ra2pdqo1_500.gif

You don't need to act to have a beard. And Louis has... his sassiness?

tumblr_mdcr8u3Vmb1ra2pdqo1_500.gif

...and his ass.

But yeah. If I had to put money on it I would say AT LEAST Louis is gay. I try not to be too firm on it (because its not my business) and I still would not be in the least bit shocked if he was totally straight. I also think its totally possible that it was a publicity ploy from day 1.

If it was true though....

aGX2g.jpg

VILE thread. The only song that is above-average is Rock Me.

Shoo hypocritical vermin. Taylor stans know a thing or two about supporting shallow, one dimensional, artists with meh singing ability.

One Direction on their worst day still have engaging personalities and way more curves than Taylor.

kW3Jg.gif

TOMORROW!

Very hyped.

I still find it lulzworthy the people here (and elsewhere) complaining that their music isn't mature enough. They are 18/19 years old. Who have no clue what sound they will have once they mature as musicians. Its good for what it is imo.

May write up my review today. Will let Marius post first tho....

Maybe will do an Up All Night Review while I am waiting.

RM8

I don't like what I've heard from them, but I find it so weird when people demand less happy music and more "mature" music. Yeah, happiness is so kiddy and juvenile, there's nothing more adult than over-sexualization, emo-ness and clubbing music.

Top Bottom