• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In context Kaidou seems to be annoyed because Whitebeard started the new age and he has to react. The supernovas messed up his organisation and he just dropped from the sky into the base of some other supernovas who were also messing with him. Then he references Whitebeard's speech about a large war spreading across the world.

Chariot

Kaidou needs to find the Major.

HeKR6em.png

In context Kaidou seems to be annoyed because Whitebeard started the new age and he has to react. The supernovas messed up his organisation and he just dropped from the sky into the base of some other supernovas who were also messing with him. Then he references Whitebeard's speech about a large war spreading across the world.
Seems to me he's more annoyed that Whitebeard is dead. Whitebeard was the "strongest" man in the world, so Kaido might have a motive for keeping him alive so that he could kill him, hence Kaido trying to stop the Marinford war.

Now that Whitebeard is dead, he wants a massive war so he can die/not be bored, but I think him falling on Kidd's alliance was a total accident.

Seems to me he's more annoyed that Whitebeard is dead. Whitebeard was the "strongest" man in the world, so Kaido might have a motive for keeping him alive so that he could kill him, hence Kaido trying to stop the Marinford war.

Now that Whitebeard is dead, he wants a massive war so he can die/not be bored, but I think him falling on Kidd's alliance was a total accident.

I don't understand really. If Whitebeard was strong enough to kill him and he wanted this to happen then why couldn't he have arranged this before. Really not knowing why Kaidou is hard to kill or what his relationship was with Whitebeard it's hard to make sense of that statement as just being annoyed that Whitebeard didn't kill him.

We know that he wanted to stop Whitebeard from going to Marineford but we don't know why. It's possible he worked out that Whitebeard would die but I don't see anything to support that. It's just as possible that Kaidou knows as much or more as Whitebeard did about the history and politics of the world including the will of d, one piece, raftel, the whole thing.

Lunar15

HAH I WAS RIGHT KAIDO IS A CHINESE DRAGON!

Oh man that's so cool. Seriously his design is just...

Easily the best "big bad" villain design yet. That's fucking imposing. And it lends credence to the whole "This arc is going to be one long Kurosawa tribute" which I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE..

Yep, I predicted the same exact thing. If he IS a zoan, I would expect him to be a chinese dragon zoan as well. I think it was telling when Kin'emon reacted so negatively to his son becoming a dragon.

SIRF

I don't understand really. If Whitebeard was strong enough to kill him and he wanted this to happen then why couldn't he have arranged this before. Really not knowing why Kaidou is hard to kill or what his relationship was with Whitebeard it's hard to make sense of that statement as just being annoyed that Whitebeard didn't kill him.

We know that he wanted to stop Whitebeard from going to Marineford but we don't know why. It's possible he worked out that Whitebeard would die but I don't see anything to support that. It's just as possible that Kaidou knows as much or more as Whitebeard did about the history and politics of the world including the will of d, one piece, raftel, the whole thing.

I'm taking a guess here but considering Kaidou has been beaten before, Whiteboard was probably one of them and I'm guessing that WB was the closest to killing him. I think Kaidou was probably angry that he can't fight WB any more.

As for Kaidou being hard to kill, I'm thinking that his "toughest person alive" is not the same as WB's "Strongest man alive". For WB, it mean no one can beat him, we already know Kaidou can be beaten. I think for Kaidou it's just his inability to be killed, he has raw physical toughness that is unmatched but I'd imagine a superior opponent can still knock him out or beat him into a pulp, just not kill him.

Maybe he tried? Perhaps the scar on Kaido was inflicted by Whitebeard?

You're right, we don't know. It's all speculation.

Consider what he's saying though. He wants to start a war because he doesn't care about this "mundane" world (a world where no one and even he can't kill himself). He grumbles that Whitebeard is dead, and we know Whitebeard was strong as fuck. If Kaido had any knowledge of Whitebeard, he would have known of his condition or maybe even his desire to sacrifice himself before his family.

I think it's pretty obvious, dude. Connect the dots.

Chariot

I'm taking a guess here but considering Kaidou has been beaten before, Whiteboard was probably one of them and I'm guessing that WB was the closest to killing him. I think Kaidou was probably angry that he can't fight WB any more.

As for Kaidou being hard to kill, I'm thinking that his "toughest person alive" is not the same as WB's "Strongest man alive". For WB, it mean no one can beat him, we already know Kaidou can be beaten. I think for Kaidou it's just his inability to be killed, he has raw physical toughness that is unmatched but I'd imagine a superior opponent can still knock him out or beat him into a pulp, just not kill him.
Yeah, the narration states he actually was caputured multiple times. I mean, he still could have himself captured willingly, but I want to believe that a lot of Admirals took him down and just couldn't finish him.

Squishy3

Last time we saw them Luffy was at the Coliseum. So it's not even certain that more than 24 hours have passed.
Yeah, but it's the next day, at the very minimum. Chapter 793 is right after Doflamingo was defeated, 794 is the night of that day, and 795 specifically says "The Next Day" on page 7.

Next chapter will probably focus on Kidd's alliance meeting Kaido, as well as finding out what Sanji's group is doing. (There's probably some people fed devil fruits to become a part of Kaido's army but don't want to actually fight and Chopper probably wants to help save them.)

I'd say it's a safe bet the island Sanji's group is on is Zou, and we're going to get a flashback of what happened after Capone showed up when they meet up with the rest of Law's crew in 20 chapters.

Yeah, but it's the next day, at the very minimum. Chapter 793 is right after Doflamingo was defeated, 794 is the night of that day, and 795 specifically says "The Next Day" on page 7.

Next chapter will probably focus on Kidd's alliance meeting Kaido, as well as finding out what Sanji's group is doing. (There's probably some people fed devil fruits to become a part of Kaido's army but don't want to actually fight and Chopper probably wants to help save them.)

I'd say it's a safe bet the island Sanji's group is on is Zou.

They'll meet up at Zou, have a mini-arc, then haul ass to Wano to have a giant fuck off brawl with the whole world going nuts.

Shit is about to go down.

Yep, I predicted the same exact thing. If he IS a zoan, I would expect him to be a chinese dragon zoan as well. I think it was telling when Kin'emon reacted so negatively to his son becoming a dragon.

If you read Oda's one shot "Monsters" it's basically an introduction to Ryuma and Wano Country that could of started it's own series. It's supposed to be practically canon. In that manga the Dragon was a monstrous creature that terrorised the country. It was more of a western Dragon than a Chinese one.

Lunar15

They'll meet up at Zou, have a mini-arc, then haul ass to Wano to have a giant fuck off brawl with the whole world going nuts.

Shit is about to go down.

Yeah, when shit goes down, it'll go down at Wano. Oda loves samurai movies. I bet you anything he'll throw in a ton of references there. Storming castles, samurai clashes, etc.

Yeah, when shit goes down, it'll go down at Wano. Oda loves samurai movies. I bet you anything he'll throw in a ton of references there. Storming castles, samurai clashes, etc.

Like I said the whole arc will be one long Kurosawa love letter. Which has me at maximum hype.

There's already a Zatouichi!

Consider what he's saying though. He wants to start a war because he doesn't care about this "mundane" world (a world where no one and even he can't kill himself). He grumbles that Whitebeard is dead, and we know Whitebeard was strong as fuck. If Kaido had any knowledge of Whitebeard, he would have known of his condition or maybe even his desire to sacrifice himself before his family.

He is saying that he is bored with the world as it is. He is willing to start a fire (war) that will spread across the whole world.

This is a reference to One Piece.

The four emperors are in the new world because they are in a stand off with none of them risking to go for One Piece. We knew that Whitebeard didn't care about One Piece and we guess that Shanks is waiting for Luffy. Kaidou and Big Mom we don't know.

Well Law's plan was to defeat Doffy as a way to beat Kaido, right? So that has to be related somehow. Getting rid of Doffy/Smile is somehow a plan to defeat Kaido.

I'm not sure. I think that Kaido as a target was kind of a lie from Law or a false idea.

Law wanted to piss off Kaido as a way to kill Doffy and he did this by telling Luffy that Kaido was the real goal, which it sounds like was kind of a lie because he didn't seem to have a plan at all to deal with Kaido. I don't think Luffy cared which Yanko they dealt with first and just took Kaido as whatevs

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Whitebeard was the sword, Kaido is the shield.

Lunar15

So, now that we know what happened to Sanji's group, I guess it's pretty obvious that Capone is on his way to this island now.

Welfare

Ah, so he's saying he wants to go fight "Joker" after hearing about his failure?

Panda says: "Dammit Joker, get ready for the last fight you'll ever have!", while Stream says something along the lines of "Make the preparations, Joker! We're gonna fight the biggest damn war, ever!"

I just read this, and it reads like he wants Joker to get ready for a war. Not a war between Dofla and Kaido, but them vs the world.

smurfx

get some go again
i wonder if kidd and crew are going to break the bad news to kaido and possibly really angering him or confront him for breaking one of their ships and possibly really angering him.

This chapter was confusing as hell to me. Why was Kaido randomly in Skypia? How did he get there, isn't he supposed to be running a big ass army as one of the Yonko?

It wasn't just that though, the way the panels were drawn really confused me. That aside it was very interesting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm kinda ashamed to admit it but until I watched the anime episodes earlier today covering the period I had no idea Koala was a girl.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This chapter was confusing as hell to me. Why was Kaido randomly in Skypia? How did he get there, isn't he supposed to be running a big ass army as one of the Yonko?

It wasn't just that though, the way the panels were drawn really confused me. That aside it was very interesting.

He's insane.

Running an army? Whty

He just wants to cause shit for shits sake.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is why you don't let Panda Bears translate stuff.

I'm half-convinced an actual bear does the translation work. Let's not forget the classic line "Feel the pain of Sabo and Issho's victory!"

This is why you don't let Panda Bears translate stuff.

I'm half-convinced an actual bear does the translation work. Let's not forget the classic line "Feel the pain of Sabo and Issho's victory!"

Then again Mangastream had this amazing line "People often say of others, "if you took him on one-on-one, He's a Kaidou"" Ultimately, all these speed scanlations are kind of shitty

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Then again Mangastream had this amazing line "People often say of others, "if you took him on one-on-one, He's a Kaidou"" Ultimately, all these speed scanlations are kind of shitty

Yeah... all the f-bombs are annoying too.
I don't mind PG-13 cursing, but going full R is excessive.

360pages

I can somewhat see that, this overall was paced really weirdly, like really fast which is good.
But it got messy at points.

Was it ever confirmed that Shanks was the only Yonkou without a devil fruit? I actually think it might be interesting if Oda subverts all our expectations and Blackbeard/Whitebeard are the only Yonkou with devil fruit powers.

I don't think this is likely, but if Kaidou does posess a zoan fruit, as others have said, why not try to drown yourself? Maybe he has and that can't even kill him though, which would be interesting.

Well Law's plan was to defeat Doffy as a way to beat Kaido, right? So that has to be related somehow. Getting rid of Doffy/Smile is somehow a plan to defeat Kaido.

no Law originally wanted to destroy the SMILE factory so that Kaidou would come after Doflamingo and they would hopefully take each other out. Luffy wanted to fight Mingo himself though, so the plan got derailed.

although according to the last panel of this chapter they still may have been successful if Kaidou really does intend to attack Mingo.

Whitebeard was the sword, Kaido is the shield.

this actually clears up a point of confusion I was having. Why would they call Whitebeard the strongest man in the world if Kaidou was around? It makes total sense that Kaido is considered insanely strong because he can't die. Like Sol said, he's a shield.

Maedhros

This chapter was really random... I didn't understand shit about what was happening. What a mess.

Sanji and co... weren't they in front of Big Mom the last time we saw them? Then, from nowhere, they are fighting someone... I was expecting a explanation of what they have been doing.

And then, from nowhere, Kaidou.

Seriously... completely random.

Jigolo

What's so special about the 700th chapter again? Does Oda do something special for each hundred chapters or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom