• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll believe that Crocodile was once a woman. It would make sense as Ivankov is the one to know this "dirty little secret" and we saw him change people's genders.
Not that she was Luffy's mother. That's harder to swallow.

BatDan

Don't forget that the scene of Doffy in Mariejois was before the timeskip. At that point, Spandam was still in traction after Robin broke his spine.

Veelk

Banned
I'll believe that Crocodile was once a woman. It would make sense as Ivankov is the one to know this "dirty little secret" and we saw him change people's genders.
Not that she was Luffy's mother. That's harder to swallow.

I don't know if this will end up true, but I will be very curious to know why Crocodile wanted to be a woman (assuming it was voluntary)

Now this is some victim blaming :,D

No? I'm literally explaining why they beat him up. Why are you acting like this today? In real life, if a group of people tried to steal something from me and I chose to fight back, I'd imagine they'd fight back too because that's how logic works. They might even shoot me. That doesn't make them the victim. I'm not saying they're doing a good thing. I'm not calling them "Robin Hood" as you put it. I'm explaining how the world works.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If there aren't spoilers by at least 8 PM EST I am going to foam at the mouth.

bjork

Aside from win/loss ratio, Zoro is the closest thing to Vegeta. I can't wait til Zoro and Tashigi's son fuses with Luffy and Bonney's son to make the super pirate.

bjork

How many actual wins does Vegeta have? Android 19 and....?

Cui
Dodoria
Appule
Zarbon
Guldo
Burter (assist from Goku)
Recoome (assist from Goku)
Jeice
Pui Pui

His time to shine was Namek, until he got outclassed hard. If it wasn't for his pride, he would've beaten Cell before he absorbed 18.

Lunar15

Power to you people, but I just couldn't do spoilers. Why ruin it when the full thing is naught but a scant few hours later?

Just reading about what happens removes all the awesomeness and context in my opinion, but hey, to each their own.

Veelk

Banned
Cui
Dodoria
Appule
Zarbon
Guldo
Jeice
Pui Pui

His time to shine was Namek, until he got outclassed hard. If it wasn't for his pride, he would've beaten Cell before he absorbed 18.

Vegeta was lucky Freeza had an army of mooks to fight. The Android Cell saga had the antagonists acting on their own, so if Vegeta had won any of those fights, then the arc would be over, and Goku needs to be the one to give the finishing blow.

Though you should probably put Semi-perfect Cell on there, just to be nice.

I think the "theory" is that he was originally a woman.

I meant man, then.

bjork

Vegeta was lucky Freeza had an army of mooks to fight. The Android Cell saga had the antagonists acting on their own, so if Vegeta had won any of those fights, then the arc would be over, and Goku needs to be the one to give the finishing blow.

Though you should probably put Semi-perfect Cell on there, just to be nice.

haha. Poor Vegeta :(

Cui
Dodoria
Appule
Zarbon
Guldo
Jeice
Pui Pui

Huh, I guess. Usopp beat opponents much stronger than himself. Vegeta is pretty good in a squash match.

IHaveIce

Banned
Power to you people, but I just couldn't do spoilers. Why ruin it when the full thing is naught but a scant few hours later?

Just reading about what happens removes all the awesomeness and context in my opinion, but hey, to each their own.

For me reading Spoilers that I want to know takes nothing away from the hype, it just adds to it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I'm with ya. This thread is dead to me on Wednesday nights.

im excited. is this the third chapter in a row? can we expect a hiatus after this one?

fujimom is a ridiculous theory, throw it in the trash

BatDan

im excited. is this the third chapter in a row? can we expect a hiatus after this one?

One Piece theories were a mistake. They're nothing but trash.

Well, some are alright

Fujitora is Luffy's mother.
That "Doflamingo is missing his right eye" theory was pretty neat but it seems he's sticking with his sunglasses.
I'm still pretty miffed that SOMEHOW he has a spare set that he throws on before getting arrested/the marines throw one on him. Wtf.

If they did, then maybe his one eye is super dangerous/ugly.

Veelk

Banned
Maybe he has giant googly eyes

googly-eyes.jpeg

Someone should photoshop these onto Doffy.

I have a fan theory:

While Oda was sleeping, a member of Toei's staff switched out the manuscript for every chapter between Gear 5's cooldown and Luffy's big damn heroes moment because those were straight up anime filler episodes.

Squishy3

this statement means pretty much nothing when it comes to one piece

Comic book rules. No body or grave = no death. Even then, sometimes they come back.
if "they died" doesn't show up on screen, they aren't dead. or if they die in an explosion, they aren't dead. characters only die in flashbacks or gratuitous ways, see: whitebeard and ace

if vergo comes back i hope he's just a head because they couldn't find his other body parts, and he somehow still has something stuck to the side of his cheek

There is no way having your heart stabbed, being blown up, and exposed to poisonous gas would kill any named character in One Piece.

this statement means pretty much nothing when it comes to one piece

Comic book rules. No body or grave = no death. Even then, sometimes they come back.

i think it's too much, even for oda

doflamingo would have rescued them if he thought they were alive

Veelk

Banned
He got their hearts. That's literally the only consistent point of vulnerability for any OP character. You can be beheaded in OP, and live through, but you get your heart fucked, you're fucked.

Vergo might be alive since he only got blown up and exposed to highly poisonous gas. But Monet got her heart stabbed, so she's gone. Unless I'm forgetting and Vergo got his heart stabbed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom