• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
No Wano Country? Or maybe that dragon is Wano?
Nah the Dragon is the Revolutionary Army book, and the book with 4 on it is GEAR 4th.

I've seen a book similar to that with Wano on the cover as well a while back, so we're still getting Wano arc eventually, lol.

But god does that Zou book look huge. It makes me think we're actually in a huge sized arc.

If Zou is a big arc, as well as Whole Cake Island...are the samurai going to stick with the Strawhats the entire duration? Might as well let them join the crew if you're doing that, lol. If I had to guess the samurai are going to be left on Zou, and we'll reunite with them on Wano.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
this is 2spooky Oda

MPgErw8.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I hope Oda stays healthy by injecting all the money he's making straight into his veins. Otherwise, 3 hours of sleep will lead to an unfinished series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Technically he is head of an entire world. I bet you Kubo sleeps about 18h every day.

All the time awake is spent on pointless two-page spreads and splash pages that do nothing but pad out this already stupidly long arc. I mean, it's been going for 165 chapters now with no sign of ending. People thought Dressrosa going for 100 chapters was excessive.

I hope Oda stays healthy by injecting all the money he's making straight into his veins. Otherwise, 3 hours of sleep will lead to an unfinished series.

I imagine the forced weeks off ordered by Shueisha are to make him sleep more than 3 hours. Give him warm milk and a bedtime story.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro was a bad boss, Croc didn't care much about his people, Capone shot one of his guys merely for suggesting that they shouldn't make something bad so close to Marine HQ, Moria didn't care much, ... lots of bad bosses around.

Moriah's entire schtick was that he was devastated by the loss of his actual crew at the hands of Kaido, which caused him to retreat into the mists of the Florian Triangle and slowly assemble a massive army of expendable soldiers so that he would never have to feel the pain of that loss again. If anything, he cares too much for his subordinates, so he had to create a crew that he wouldn't have to care about.

Chariot

Moriah's entire schtick was that he was devastated by the loss of his actual crew at the hands of Kaido, which caused him to retreat into the mists of the Florian Triangle and slowly assemble a massive army of expendable soldiers so that he would never have to feel the pain of that loss again. If anything, he cares too much for his subordinates, so he had to create a crew that he wouldn't have to care about.
Oh. I totally can't remember that. I stand corrected then.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Makes sense we'd get more info on the Revs after the Sabo reveal. I bet Zou will hint at or lead into it and Wano will deal heavily with them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Makes sense we'd get more info on the Revs after the Sabo reveal. I bet Zou will hint at or lead into it and Wano will deal heavily with them.

It could be they are based in Wano. Wano is one of the few places the WG has no control due to the strength of the samurai and it's isolationist stance, if I wanted to run a revolution I'd sure as hell pick somewhere like that to have home base.

It could be they are based in Wano. Wano is one of the few places the WG has no control due to the strength of the samurai and it's isolationist stance, if I wanted to run a revolution I'd sure as hell pick somewhere like that to have home base.

World government control is weak in most places but the point of being isolationist is exactly that you don't let foreigners like the revolutionary army set up military bases in your country.

The setup for a revolutionary army plot seems to be more linked to cp0 and the gorosei than the yonko or samurai plots anyway. Since Kaidou goons were shown on Zou I don't think they will be connected.

So, what do you think will happen first in the story.

Luffy will have a real fight with an admiral or Luffy will have a real fight with a Yonko.

Depends on how Green Bull is introduced but I think that the admirals will have other things to worry about than Luffy and may even end up fighting on the same side. One thing I wonder about with the new world spread is if there will be a split between Law and Luffy and the two will end up on different sides. The worst generation were clearly divided into three teams with Law and Luffy apart.

Depends on how Green Bull is introduced but I think that the admirals will have other things to worry about than Luffy and may even end up fighting on the same side. One thing I wonder about with the new world spread is if there will be a split between Law and Luffy and the two will end up on different sides. The worst generation were clearly divided into three teams with Law and Luffy apart.
Hard to imagine that happening imo. Law's only goal in life was to defeat Doflamingo, so after Luffy having helped him with that I doubt he'd ever consider turning against him.

Obviously things could change but as they stand Law and Luffy are bros for lyfe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lol one of the funniest post time skip scenes it was at that moment Law knew he fucked up and picked the wrong crew to try nd control

He deserves it for not listening to Zorro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Robin, Franky, Chopper and Brook when they each told him Luffy's idea of an alliance was completely different from his. He should have known he fucked up when Luffy's crew started looking out for him.

Speaking of Law's crew, I can't wait to get a full intro.

Bepo, Sachi, and Penguin!

Wonder why Oda kept them with their hats down and features hidden pre-timeskip. Has he ever done that for characters that were plainly involved in the story?

He deserves it for not listening to Zorro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Robin, Franky, Chopper and Brook when they each told him Luffy's idea of an alliance was completely different from his. He should have known he fucked up when Luffy's crew started looking out for him.
Lol all the signs were there, luffy yelling out he wanted to kidnap ceaser clown in front of everyone, punching him thru the wall instead of capturing him lol

RomanceDawn

link to the source (scroll down to post 292)

Highlight from recent interview

Oda: I practiced my drawing skill watching Disney's animation films such as "Peter Pan".

- Oda: Disney's art style was awesome back in the day when they were producing handmade animations. I watched "Little Mermaid" frame by frame and drew all characters and face expressions that impressed me."

- At first, Oda didn't intend to draw Senor Pink's past. Editor was moved when he heard the background of Senor in the meeting with Oda. His past is now popular among audience.

- Before Oda started ONE PIECE, editor Kushima told him that none of his female characters are cute, which shocked Oda most. Oda couldn't sleep at that night.

- Oda rarely takes a break holiday, but he meets his friends and manga teachers when Weekly Shonen Jump has double issues.

- Oda usually sleeps at 2 (night) and wakes up at 5 (morning)

Arlong Park is a fantastic resource for One Piece info and discussion. There would be soooo much misinformation without many of the members there. Though because it's probably the biggest One Piece forum out there you get a lot of crazies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom