• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One's a terrorist leader and the other is a marine commander, how are they "bigger shots" then a ruler of a country?

Come on, this is one Piece. Garp was one of the biggest shots in the marines and probably close to Roger in power level. In the world that Oda created, at least in terms of the narrative, he is a lot bigger deal. Dragon is the most wanted man in the world, his armies control various countries, and they are the closest to challenging the WG...Of course, they are a big deal...Well, I don't know anything about the Daimyo, so it is open ended at the moment.

NSESN

I want Raizou as a Straw Hat, i want him to be one of the weak group, but labeled as one of strong group because Luffy and the crew thinks he is the second coming of Roger.

And also, what is better than a Pirate Ninja?

Who's making the new OT? Suggestion time ;)

One Piece Manga |OT| Feel the Pain of Sabo and Isshou's Victory
One Piece Manga |OT| Crucify and Chill with us

marmoka

Banned
My suggestions:

One Piece Manga |OT| Be a pirate and become part of the Great Alliance

One Piece Manga |OT| Luckily your grandchildren's grandchildren will enjoy the end of the series

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One Piece Manga |OT| Zou is a literal elephant

One Piece Manga |OT| Plot bombs everywhere

One Piece Manga |OT| God Raizou, God Enel, God Usopp; The Pirate Trinity

One Piece Manga |OT| The Greatest Battle of the Century

One Piece Manga |OT| Every man loves ninjas

Kreed

One Piece 817:

Could be long regardless, the only possible things I can see happening are:

-Red Poneglyph Explanation
-Wano Flashback explaining wtf is going on with Momo
-Flashback relating to Dogstorm and Catviper
-Jack returning.

I doubt this is happening. Jack's crew said they were going to report to him that they couldn't find Raizou and Jack looked pretty banged up from trying to rescue Doflamingo. And with Luffy leaving soon to rescue Sanji, I don't see any story reason for Jack to return to Zou.

Oxn

One Piece 817:

I doubt this is happening. Jack's crew said they were going to report to him that they couldn't find Raizou and Jack looked pretty banged up from trying to rescue Doflamingo. And with Luffy leaving soon to rescue Sanji, I don't see any story reason for Jack to return to Zou.

Jack dont need a reason, hes nuts.

And why are people picking Topic names already, We are far off.

IHaveIce

Banned
Also I kinda got the feeling Jack is upset they labelled him as dead, so he will do something big to show all he is well alive.
He comes off as that type of guy

Chariot

Yeah, I think Jack is just playing tough, looking at the way he intimidates his crew into telling him that he looks healthy. He probably takes a while to get up again. But it could also be some kind of handycap when he meets the Strawhats, not finished recovering, making an easier win and having him appear much later, still being dangerous in strength because he healed up.

daveo42

Banned
Raizou was probably the best part of the chapter, even included all the big teases and references we got. Really hope Robin actually says something about the Red Poneglyph instead of it getting glanced over.

The Nin-nin stuff too was amazing. Surprised Law even got in on it with the Shadow Clone Jutsu. One Piece is the new better ninja manga already and it only took one chapter. God Raizou and God Oda indeed.

dabig2

Loved the Raizou reveal. It's like Oda was making fun of everyone in the real world who were getting hyped about some bishounen type ninja who is OP. Troll Oda is best Oda.

Nice setup chapter for more information next time. I'll be waiting anxiously for that red poneglyph explanation via Robin. Also, knowing how the ninja and samurai tie together too and their connection with Kaidou+Dofla (that will probably be spread out). And of course how Wano ties in with Zou.

I just love the world-building in One Piece. What a dynamic, large, and fun world Oda has created.

For those who are interested in just how many breaks Oda has taken since serializing One Piece, I've found a list of chapter breaks and chapters released every year since 1997. It was in a thread on Arlong Park compiling every interview, quote, comment and information related to Oda.

[Oda's Breaks]

[1997] 0
[1998] 0
[1999] 0
[2000] 0
[2001] 1
[2002] 2
[2003] 3
[2004] 3
[2005] 4
[2006] 3
[2007] 4
[2008] 4
[2009] 6
[2010] 8
[2011] 5
[2012] 6
[2013] 9
[2014] 9
[2015] 9

[How many chapters Oda produced per year?]

[1997] 21
[1998] 48
[1999] 48
[2000] 48
[2001] 48
[2002] 46
[2003] 45
[2004] 45
[2005] 45
[2006] 45
[2007] 44
[2008] 43
[2009] 42
[2010] 40
[2011] 42
[2012] 43
[2013] 39
[2014] 39
[2015] 39

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For those who are interested in just how many breaks Oda has taken since serializing One Piece, I've found a list of chapter breaks and chapters released every year since 1997. It was in a thread on Arlong Park compiling every interview, quote, comment and information related to Oda.

Wow, impressive work ethic. It looks like 9 breaks is what Shueisha has mandated after his hospitalization.

Last few years saw 39 chapters each. That's 39 more chapters than Hunter x Hunter.

One Piece 817:I doubt this is happening. Jack's crew said they were going to report to him that they couldn't find Raizou and Jack looked pretty banged up from trying to rescue Doflamingo. And with Luffy leaving soon to rescue Sanji, I don't see any story reason for Jack to return to Zou.
He left Zou to get Doflamingo back. If Doflamingo hadn't been captured then he would have stayed and wiped out the Minks. The fact that he stayed shows either he doesn't give a shit or he knows Raizo is there for a fact, hence he will return to finish the job. Doflamingo was just more important to go for.
I think Sanji will show us that if he ever gets back to Zou.
Hahahahahahaahahahahahaaa ayyyyy
How many breaks did he have this year? 2?
Yeah, I think so. One in Jan and Feb.

jbug617

Banned
Next set of One Piece Gold outfits.
D74iMaY.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Next set of One Piece Gold outfits.

There is some messed up heights here.

How is Robin the same height as Brook? She's not even wearing heels, and even then Brook has three feet on her.
How is Sanji so much taller than Usopp? He's only supposed to be a couple inches taller.

Wow, impressive work ethic. It looks like 9 breaks is what Shueisha has mandated after his hospitalization.

Last few years saw 39 chapters each. That's 39 more chapters than Hunter x Hunter.
Lol Togashi, man..... T___T

You guys should really check out the thread.
http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=42229

A lot of really neat info that I think some of us might have missed. Might post more quotes in here.

There is some messed up heights here.

How is Robin the same height as Brook? She's not even wearing heels, and even then Brook has three feet on her.
How is Sanji so much taller than Usopp? He's only supposed to be a couple inches taller.

They're not scaled to size in that groupshot. The characters were photoshopped together carelessly without any attempt to size them to their proper heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom