• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
tumblr_m7w4fnvZmf1rpp093o1_500.jpg
d85a4bd4a9eb5df98b99ff3d4271cc7ddde1d2c1_hq.jpg

Just waiting on sanji to get as fast. Has to happen if he's gonna beat kizaru...#Believe!!
I just wanna see more skywalking. That shit is sick.
Luffy vs Akainu
Sanji vs Kizaru
Zoro vs Fujitora
Jinbei/Usopp vs 3rd Admiral

I think it would be more fitting to pit Sabo against Akainu. Not sure if we'll get a straight one to one Marines v Strawhats or how the story would move in that direction.

I just wanna see more skywalking. That shit is sick.

I think it would be more fitting to pit Sabo against Akainu. Not sure if we'll get a straight one to one Marines v Strawhats or how the story would move in that direction.
You and me both. I wanna get to the point where he's using it for more than flying. Like his legs get so strong he legit pushes against the ground with sky walk to run at legit fast as hell speeds.

smurfx

get some go again
wonder who then end game boss for the world government will be. i think somebody other than akainu will be luffy's final fight. maybe one of the gorosei or some other force inside mariejoa we haven't seen yet. i've always thought there had to be some other power greater than that of the admirals there. after all if the admirals ever turned against the world government who would stop them? perhaps some royal guard who has celestial blood. there is no way they trust regular humans completely.

Idk. I dont see fuji staying with the marines by end game.

Zoro vs greenbull maybe?

They didn't finish their fight :p Zoro needs a rematch

hm yeah that sounds unlikely to see a full fledged Marine vs Strawhat Fight-

its just how i imagend the fights/split in terms of powers.

Luffy and his 3 Top Man against Akainu and his 3 Admirals

I don't see what's bad about that image. Looks like you guys are making a stink over a single mid-motion frame in a zoomed-in screenshot.

Anyway, this is the manga thread, so you should be posting manga pages.

Chariot

Is it elitism to comment how bad this screencap looks? In movement or not, the poster choose this screencap to represent the fight and it looks awful. I can't just ignore that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't see what's bad about that image. Looks like you guys are making a stink over a single mid-motion frame in a zoomed-in screenshot.

Anyway, this is the manga thread, so you should be posting manga pages.

I was going to say pretty much these exact same words.

We get it, the anime looks rough in places, especially in single frames.

It's kinda like taking the Manga Panda "translation" as gospel.

Now now calm down nobody was bashing toei we were talking about the shape of the sword jeesh.

Back to manga: do you guys think we'll see what that poneglyph says next week or will oda prolong it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now now calm down nobody was bashing toei we were talking about the shape of the sword jeesh.

Back to manga: do you guys think we'll see what that poneglyph says next week or will oda prolong it.

I'm pretty sure with everyone standing there Robin will just tell them what's on it. Either that or the secret is too important and she'll just say something and it'll be a big secret.

Sanji was missing for more than a year, and now is gone again for who knows how much. Lol year of sanji.

Wish all that wano shit was over and oda took care of the strawhat plotpoint.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sanji was missing for more than a year, and now is gone again for who knows how much. Lol year of sanji.

Wish all that wano shit was over and oda took care of the strawhat plotpoint.

Sanji is the one with the leopard hat and the sword right? Crazy devil fruit powers? Fans love him and he's been around for years now.

Oxn

They didn't finish their fight :p Zoro needs a rematch

hm yeah that sounds unlikely to see a full fledged Marine vs Strawhat Fight-

its just how i imagend the fights/split in terms of powers.

Luffy and his 3 Top Man against Akainu and his 3 Admirals

The only reason why they didnt finish their fight was Fujitoro literally ran from Zoro out of fear.

Is it elitism to comment how bad this screencap looks? In movement or not, the poster choose this screencap to represent the fight and it looks awful. I can't just ignore that.
+1
wonder who then end game boss for the world government will be. i think somebody other than akainu will be luffy's final fight. maybe one of the gorosei or some other force inside mariejoa we haven't seen yet. i've always thought there had to be some other power greater than that of the admirals there. after all if the admirals ever turned against the world government who would stop them? perhaps some royal guard who has celestial blood. there is no way they trust regular humans completely.
If it's the world government then it won't be the Marines. It'll be the Gorosei. To me, they're probably the strongest fucking dudes in the manga. They've gone unchallenged for hundreds of years for a reason.

On the Poneglyph, I'm guessing we'll be skipping ahead next week. Otherwise I think the chapter would have ended with Robin gasping or some shit.

RomanceDawn

I figure we'll hear about what it says next week, mainly because so many people are there with at least 2 who might be interested in learning it's secret. The rest of the crew doesn't particularly care about the poneglyphs so Robin just doesn't bring it up, but since they're all there and the Ninja has already displayed his arts I think we'll get to find out pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure Akainu is Luffy's final opponent in the government. Luffy VS Akaiun, Sanji VS Kizaru, Zoro VS Fujitora, Jinbe VS Green Bull. That's how I imagine it anyway. White Beard gave us a confirmed final war which will undoubtedly be Luffy at the front with his best 3 taking on admirals.

I have no doubt the 5 Elders are strong, you can clearly see that they have lived lives that required fighting for survival. Only thing is they are old, I'm certain they are past their prime. Not that old men and women can't fight, because they can in this series, I'm just pretty certain they wouldn't be able to handle an Admiral or Emperor if they gave it their all.

The 5 Elders are the only characters shown across many years that have never changed one little bit. Every time Oda shows characters from several years ago to several decades ago, he goes out of his way to show physical features that have changed with time. Not the elders, same suits, same beards, same old faces. They've seen some things and some stuff. Either the Op-Op fruit ultimate technique was performed on them one at a time(and because of them thats why Doffy even knew about it and why the Marines were after that fruit in the first place) or Bonnie is keeping them alive with her power. Maybe a combination of the two.

So yeah I think while they can fight, their days of going toe to toe with the top of the world is over.

marmoka

Banned
I think Kobi will be Luffy's oponent in the final fight. And even if he's not, he will be very relevant somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to change to Luffy's side in the very last moment.

He's been practically useless in the series, he became stronger, but was still nothing in Marineford battle. Until he started hearing all the voices because the haki was awaking inside. He's not a character I care about at all, but I think he hasn't said his last word yet.

And lets see what Robin discovers in the red Poneglyph. She's my favourite female character and very important, at least for me. I love her.

NSESN

Outside from a few marines, they are not evil, a full battle against them makes no sense.
I think the last battle is against BB, maybe Akainu alone, but I don't think people like Fujitora,Coby and Smoker will be against Luffy in the end game.

smurfx

get some go again
I think Kobi will be Luffy's oponent in the final fight. And even if he's not, he will be very relevant somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to change to Luffy's side in the very last moment.

He's been practically useless in the series, he became stronger, but was still nothing in Marineford battle. Until he started hearing all the voices because the haki was awaking inside. He's not a character I care about at all, but I think he hasn't said his last word yet.

And lets see what Robin discovers in the red Poneglyph. She's my favourite female character and very important, at least for me. I love her.
i think cobi is gonna end up leading the marines once they break away from the world government. him and smoker will probably lead the new marines once luffy ends the world governments control over it. hell they might even help luffy in the final war.

marmoka

Banned
i think cobi is gonna end up leading the marines once they break away from the world government. him and smoker will probably lead the new marines once luffy ends the world governments control over it. hell they might even help luffy in the final war.

Never thought about that. That's a good ending for the series, and a lot better than the one I had in my mind.

RomanceDawn

Useless? Thats a strong word for Kobi especially for someone who will undoubtedly end up as an Admiral in the reformed Marines during the epilogue. Shanks himself noted that because of Kobi interfering in the war that the course of history has more or less changed. He's not at the level of Luffy and all the battles surrounding him but he doesn't have to be to be useful. Not now anyway.

It will be because of guys like Kobi that the Marines will and up with less corruption or led by really questionable ideals of justice.

Outside from a few marines, they are not evil, a full battle against them makes no sense.
I think the last battle is against BB, maybe Akainu alone, but I don't think people like Fujitora,Coby and Smoker will be against Luffy in the end game.

As a whole no the Marines are not evil, the government as well. There are questionable people and dealings in both organizations but for the most part they have the best interest in mind of the world.

The thing is a Luffy VS the ENTIRE World Government will be a thing. White Beard foreshadowed as much and its simply because of One Piece. Guys like the 5 Elders and presumedly Sengoku know the true history and what One Piece means to the world as they know it, they know that releasing that information out to the world is dangerous and could cause some serious problems. Or would it?

Rayleigh told Robin straight up that when she discovers the truth she may come to a different conclusion, what ever that means. It tells us that maybe the government hiding the info isn't such a black and white issue. Guys like Garp and Sengoku probably whole heartedly believe that such info should not be allowed to exist in the world and fight to keep it under wraps. But then you have guys like Aokiji who were deeply affected by the actions he took to keep it all hidden. Not one of these 3 are bad by any means but if the truth is so great to be fought over it can and will happen. It doesn't hurt that Akainu is a super extremist that killed the main character's brother and has just about the worst ability one would want to fight.

What ever it all means, you can bet that Luffy and his gang are going have the entire world at each others necks. Basically doing what Roger and his crew could not do, fulfill the Will of D. It's the gods(Celestial Dragons) that pretty much own the world and their natural enemies(Ds) will rise up and half the world will be on Luffy's side and the other half will be on the Governments side.

Black Beard and his crew are probably the greatest villains the crew will face. I figure the battle for Raftel will happen between both crews. All this will happen before the World War because it has to. Doesn't mean there will be no high caliber opponents left for the Straw Hats. While not impossible I very much doubt the Admirals will go down one by one to Luffy as the story progresses. They can't get put in prison and they certainly won't die. We are going to get a White Beard mirror where Luffy takes Akainu, Sanji and Zoro get Kizaru and Fuji respectively and then Jinbe can show how far he's come by taking Green Bull.

smurfx

get some go again
end game one piece will probably have law and crew taking on one of the admirals+marines. i don't think the monster trio or 4 will take on the strongest in the world government. only guy from crew i think will probably take on an admiral is zoro. fujitora seems to be tailor made to be zoro's opponent.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Coby and Helmeppo's reintroduction was honestly one of my favorite moments in the entire series. These two total goobs come back out of nowhere and are all of a sudden these capable Marine soldiers. Helmeppo in particular has those really cool kukris. I hope those two do something big soon.

GhostBed

I could see Coby V Luffy being a thing during the end game. I figure it'd be kinda like Usopp V Luffy: He'll get a few good hits in on him, show off how far he's come, but will ultimately be bested.

Oxn

Coby and Helmeppo's reintroduction was honestly one of my favorite moments in the entire series. These two total goobs come back out of nowhere and are all of a sudden these capable Marine soldiers. Helmeppo in particular has those really cool kukris. I hope those two do something big soon.

Helmeppo will fight Sanji in the final fight. No way Sanji gets an Admiral. Usopp vs Kizaru.

^^^laughable.

Anyway i fully expect another luffy vs coby eventually. Coby will get some good hits in but i dont see luffy going all out like using gear 4th and all that.

Oxn

^^^laughable.

Anyway i fully expect another luffy vs coby eventually. Coby will get some good hits in but i dont see luffy going all out like using gear 4th and all that.

Sanji is soooo far off from admiral level there is just no way. By saying he will face Kizaru is laughable, while also saying luffy will fight akainu. Since akainu is pretty much kizaru level.

Thats like saying sanji is near luffy level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom