• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

But everybody said it will never happen, that it would be stupid, right guys? LOL

And also
Gear 2nd was introduced in Chapter 387 and Gear 4th now in Chapter 783.... ODAAAA!

Kworn

Banned
My thoughts:
Gear 4 = vulcanized rubber = more tension of rubber body = why Bellamy got so much focus = why Luffy got hurt by Spring Hopper even with Haki defense = Spring Tension Luffy/Hard Bouncy Rubber

New chapter out on MangaJoy :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I will be honest i kinda didnt want Oda to go the obvious
G4
upgrade route - but reading the chapter its difficult to get not excited.

DoFla confirms again that he is a beast - toying around with Luffy at this stage after being wounded like this and keeping up Birdcage.

Magwik

Banned
Reading the entire thing I knew it was coming
I saw it and I still couldn't believe it
I can't wait another week, but Flash and Arrow next week will be more than enough to get by on
Oda you magnificent bastard

Kreed

One Piece 783:

Oda is killing me with these breaks. But if Oda keeps the current pace going, this fight could be over in 5 chapters or less.

Overall the chapter was good with the other characters participating, the exchange of blows between Luffy and Doflamingo, and Doflamingo's call backs to Luffy growing stronger.

It feels a bit early for Luffy to bring out Gear 4 considering how much further he has to go in his journey, but I'm sure he has more of them/will learn more.

One Piece 783:

Oda is killing me with these breaks. But if Oda keeps the current pace going, this fight could be over in 5 chapters or less.

Overall the chapter was good with the other characters participating, the exchange of blows between Luffy and Doflamingo, and Doflamingo's call backs to Luffy growing stronger.

It feels a bit early for Luffy to bring out Gear 4 considering how much further he has to go in his journey, but I'm sure he has more of them/will learn more.

Well, it would have seemed early, if DF didn't turn out to be so damn strong. He makes Hody and CC seem like fodder to be honest...

cw_sasuke

Whole Country is about to get killed and he cant touch a weakend DoFla in his current state - how it is too soon ? There arent many OP characters that are way above DoFla anyway.

Hope we will get back having fights were Luffy can outclass his foe with strategies or type advantes like against Sir Croc or Enel. Just flashing the next power-up at the end of a long fight isnt doing it for me. Lets see how G4 will affect Luffy after the usage..should be interesting at least.

NZerker12

HOLY SHIT!!

Great chapter

Was not expecting
GEAR 4

But there is no chapter next week

ODA!!, Why you do this to me?

This is going to feel like a long wait.

Kreed

Whole Country is about to get killed and he cant touch a weakend DoFla in his current state - how it is too soon ? There arent many OP characters that are way above DoFla anyway.

Read the bolded:

It feels a bit early for Luffy to bring out Gear 4 considering how much further he has to go in his journey

Try to remember that this is a battle manga and think outside of the One Piece story. Every opponent Luffy fights is going to be stronger than the next, whether it's a new character we haven't seen before or a character like Big Mom. The next arc will probably have Luffy struggling in similar fashion against the final opponent or worse. If he's bringing out Gear 4 now, he's going to be using it in every future fight.

Nibel

Dude, it has been almost 10 years (!) since the introduction of Gear 2nd

He has 0 chances against Flamingo, now is the time for it

Let us eat man

Anteater

sh-t-just-got-real-o34k66.gif

Nocebo

Read the bolded:

Try to remember that this is a battle manga and think outside of the One Piece story. Every opponent Luffy fights is going to be stronger than the next, whether it's a new character we haven't seen before or a character like Big Mom. The next arc will probably have Luffy struggling in similar fashion against the final opponent or worse. If he's bringing out Gear 4 now, he's going to be using it in every future fight.
He can create other special moves you know. You're talking like Gear 4 is the last special move Luffy will have.

He can create other special moves you know. You're talking like Gear 4 is the last special move Luffy will have.
yup, another Gear is just what will enable him to go to Gear 5, which will likely be his move to get to Emperor level. Or Gear 4 could be such a drain on Luffy's body, he has to use it very very carefully. I have no idea what Gear 4 is, my speculation in the beginning of March (I told you guys!) was Luffy will infuse Haki in his bloodstream and every attack would be infused from the inside out with armament or something. Have no clue what's coming in 2 weeks. But it definitely seemed like Luffy has been coasting through fights, using finishers with ease, and generally holding back.

cw_sasuke

Gear 4 is just a power up - same as G2 and G3, the efficiency and combination with his battle moves will improve over time. DoFla is one of the strongest characters in OP, it would be crazy if Luffy didnt have a trump card after 2 years of training with Rayleigh against his first real strong enemy.

Power level wise i really dont expect any mayor jumps till the end of the Manga if at all.

Kreed

Then why post it on a public message board instead of keeping it to yourself if you don't care for responses?

http://abload.de/img/cringebcqsd.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

There's a difference between actually responding to my post and basically telling me I shouldn't post negative opinions of the chapter because you want me to "Let you eat man". My opinion shouldn't be affecting your enjoyment or opinion of the chapter. Posts going "OMG ODA" aren't affecting mine.

Edit:

Jigolo, how about you quote all the "Holy shit" posts in the same fashion and tell me I'm still being dumb. No one responds directly to every opinion post in this thread.

Chariot

Every opponent Luffy fights is going to be stronger than the next,
Not necessary. While there are some steonger opponents now and then, the strenght isn't rising linear. While some of the early enemies were weak sauce as fighters like Don Creek and Buggy, a lot of early enemies are stil relevant in power like Crocodile, Mr. 2 or Smoker. On the other hand they encountered fairly weaker enemies in between like that Foxxy guy and actually much stronger guys like Mihawk or Enel. Varying circumstances that balanced these made the fights still fun. It's totally possible that the next arcs enemy is much weaker than Don Quixotte and still poses a challenge.

Kreed

I did mention that in the previous post.

Nocebo

Hard to imagine what it could be. I just hope it isn't something obvious like full haki body, or a combination of gear 2 and 3 which he already did variations of before. I hope it is something completely new visually and behavior wise. Maybe something that also reveals something new about the nature of devil fruit powers?
I did mention that in the previous post.
How can it feel early then?
It has been quit a while since the last major move upgrade. Haki was just to add extra effects to his existing moves and give him the ability to take on logia types.

FUCK.

(shame on the guys who thought this would never happen)

Anyway, loved Robin and Cavendish parts in the chapter.

Also, it's the translation or luffy is kind of, talking more maturely? I feel like his dialogue is getting some content behind and he's evolving from this "shonen-main- character" (and i'd love it if it's happening).

Kreed

How can it feel early then?
It has been quit a while since the last major move upgrade. Haki was just to add extra effects to his existing moves and give him the ability to take on logia types.

To be clear, I am happy to have seen Gear 4 mentioned in the next chapter/am looking forward to seeing what it does in two weeks (which is why I said Oda is killing me with the breaks). From past Oda's interviews, Oda has mentioned the story is about half way - 60 percent done when Punk Hazard was going on. If this is true we still have a long way to go in One Piece, so he's going to have to stretch these abilities out (no One Piece pun intended). He could have saved it for another arc or two IMO, but if there's going to be Gear 5, 6, 7, etc... then it's fine.

Namikaze1

Fuck! FUCK!! I can't wait! :(

The previous page before that bomb was dropped, I knew Luffy was about get a powerup. I knew but I still wasn't ready for it.
so fucking hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom