• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Yep, can't wait for a dub but the girl kept reminding me of JoJo for some reason, maybe her animation.

Is that the style she was in? Me and my lady was like she stands out alot! Lol don't watch Jojo so I didn't know where it was from but her animation was completely different. I mean it worked so cool.

Edit:yea funimation has said they plan to do all TV specials as well. 3d2y is coming this fall so probably expect the special early 2017

the character designer & chief animation director is Ichikawa Keiichi he mainly works on the saint seiya franchise(also did episod of sabo), olga design is pretty close to his other works, her eyes are straight out of saint seiya.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/293306b3pm.jpg

Could explain this unexplained moment:

tumblr_o0cvjo1MIr1s661vko1_540.jpg

What's that circled on the wall?

Yet ANOTHER Oda interview. This is the TV interview he did for Film Gold. Plus some other neat info.

Credit to sandman

Oda's long interview was revealed in a TV show today.

-Oda says ONE PIECE is about 70% done. (He said in another recent interview that ONE PIECE was 65% done, though...)

When Oda held a Takoyaki party in his house, he was reported to police by his neighbors.

Oda says he doesn't need diversion since he has to submit manga anyway before the deadline.

The new setting notebook about ONE PIECE is produced almost every 3 weeks.

Here are another trivias revealed in ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol.2. and Kinema Junpou 2016 summer edition

Oda decided to work with ONE PIECE Film because it was a good opportunity to increase his audience in manga. The series is more than 80 volumes, so he thinks it might be difficult for some people to start reading ONE PIECE. Oda also says that if he should realize in the future that ONE PIECE Film doesn't play an important role to increase his audience in manga, he would not work with films anymore.

According to the former anime producer, when ONE PIECE anime was relegated to a morning TV show, Oda complained a bit, "I've already made much effort, though..."

About this week's (Chapter 833) color spread, Oda predicted last December that he would like to draw Straw Hats watching fireworks since he was impressed at the fireworks in one of his favorite mangas "Your Lie in April".

source: TV show in December 2015 ("一流が嫉妬したスゴイ人")

According to Volume 777 written by Oda,

Spandine's political power is weakening due to his disease. Spandam intends to cure him so that Spandam can surpass Lucci.

Vice Admiral Chaton and Fujitora are friends. Chaton is popular among citizens despite him not being popular in Marine. He loves beautiful women. His real name is Tokikake.

Tsuru treats Vice Admiral Momousagi as if she is Tsuru's little sister. Momousagi can seduce various kinds of pirates. Her famous sword is called Konpira (金毘羅). She has a spider tattoo on her thigh. Her real name is Gion.

The average height of Giants is 12-13 meters. Oars in Thriller Bark is about 3 times higher than normal Giants.

Oda writes the conversation between Sabo and Lucci:

Sabo: Bye, Bob! Lucci: I'm Rob.

- Lucci is a chief commander of CP0 now!

source: Film Gold official guidebook "Backstage Pass"

According to the pamphlet of Film Gold and the official guidebook "Backstage Pass":

There are sexy scenes in Film Gold, but Oda recently pays attention to his target audience's mothers since he thinks it is mainly mothers who bother to take their kids to theaters. Oda is worried that sexy scenes might make bad impressions on their mothers.

Oda doesn't like men wearing white outfits.

Question: What would you do if you had vast amount of money? Oda: I already have it, so...

Oda doesn't want his characters to appear in film before manga. For example, Aokiji after time skip made an appearance in the film before manga. Oda is disappointed with those situations since he thinks he could have surprised his audience if he let him appear in manga before the film.

Veelk

Banned
Spandine is dying, Spandam wants to cure him and then use the increased political power to go after Lucci.

I....guess I still don't see how.

So Spandam wants to...what, have Lucci arrested? Killed? Not be his underling?

And how is Spandines authority undermined by illness? I mean, I could understand his strength being undermined, but if Spandine is a rank above Lucci and he says that he has to go, I don't see how whether he gives it while sick or not matters.

The only way I can figure it is if Spandine is in a coma and unable to give such an order, but that's a strange way to phrase it. Also

Momousagi can seduce various kinds of pirates.

ugh.

cntr

Banned
I don't think it's undermined as much as "people will respect Spandam even more if he cures his dad". Spandine can't pull as many strings for Spandam with his illness.

I guess since Lucci is in CP0 now, Spandam can't just try to get rid of him.

Lunar15

Not sure what's hard to get about it. Because Spandine doesn't have as much pull, Spandam can't get support to be in charge of CP0. Spandam thinks that by getting Spandine back to health, he'll have the clout to shake things up again.

I'd imagine that illness is keeping him from being fired up and active in politics. The marines are all about tenure, so Spandine probably doesn't do a whole lot and still gets to keep his position.

IHaveIce

Banned
I often wonder does Oda explain what he means when he says the manga is at 70%?

Is the state meant which is released to us? The one where he finished the drafts for? The chapter goal number? The timeframe? Arc numbers?

Because he just admitted Dressrosa went way longer than he originally planned so I guess it would be story progression, which would kinda surprise me that we only have 30% left

Is the state meant which is released to us? The one where he finished the drafts for? The chapter goal number? The timeframe? Arc numbers?

Because he just admitted Dressrosa went way longer than he originally planned so I guess it would be story progression, which would kinda surprise me that we only have 30% left
Probably until chapter 833.

I don't think that Oda is good at making estimates that end up with him ahead of schedule on the plot. He probably also has everyone pushing him to delay starting the final arc to when the series is seriously flagging in popularity and could use a final boost.

But something like 30-40 more volumes of One Piece is a crazy amount of content however you look at it. Like the whole of Watchmen was one volume and Sandman was 10.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't think that Oda is good at making estimates that end up with him ahead of schedule on the plot. He probably also has everyone pushing him to delay starting the final arc to when the series is seriously flagging in popularity and could use a final boost.

But something like 30-40 more volumes of One Piece is a crazy amount of content however you look at it. Like the whole of Watchmen was one volume and Sandman was 10.

Cerebus the Aardvark ran for 27 years and only has 16 collections. Though that's due to coming out bi-monthly, but the point still stands.

There's a TON of One Piece left.

I honestly wonder if, besides the final arc, we're gonna get an arc longer than Dressrosa again. That was 2 years of story content.
Wano seems like it'll be pretty long.

Other than that I can see the final arc being more like a final saga, I don't think everything endgame related will happen in one arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I honestly don't see anything between Whole Cake/Wano and Raftel happening. Post Raftel, maybe.

cntr

Banned
My guess for the final sagas:

Somehow defeat Big Mom and Kaido,
Shanks and Blackbeard, final showdown with Blackbeard,
Reach Raftel.

After that, who knows.

Elbaf will be pre-finale imo. Could have something to do with the ancient weapons.

Finding One Piece won't be the end. There will be repercussions we're gonna have to deal with.

I wonder how Oda is gonna handle Rogers story.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Elbaf will be pre-finale imo. Could have something to do with the ancient weapons.

Finding One Piece won't be the end. There will be repercussions we're gonna have to deal with.

Roger is Dragon's brother.

OR

Luffy is Roger.

RomanceDawn

Just after they unlock the mysterious puzzle to enter Castle Raftel's treasure vault there will be a massive flash back just as the crew sees the first gleam of that treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom