• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostBed

I think they'll still go to a few more unexpected islands before the end game. Who knows what will happen after Wano, there'll still be a lot to deal with and a lot of previously hinted at characters to introduce.

cntr

Banned
I've always wondered if it would be stupid or great or both if one of the Ancient Weapons was a giant mecha, Franky-style

bjork

Yup

Something huge will happen in Raftel that I bet will lead into the biggest war of OP history

Gecko Moria will return and resurrect everyone who died in OP history and they'll be his army, ala Kabuto in Naruto. Nami fighting Bellemere's zombie, etc

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Enel and his moon gnomes are gonna come back and wreck somebody.

Maybe he'll pull a Crocodile and be on Luffy's side. Maybe he'll still be a villain. One thing's for sure: he'll still have a few screws loose.

marmoka

Banned
Crocodile is probably in the search of Pluton with Mr 1, and he will find it, but who if he will be on Luffy's side, or if he will fight against the world government and the Strawhats just himself with Pluton

Roger is Dragon's brother.

OR

Luffy is Roger.
Roger and Garp are both ~80 so Garp having Roger at <5 would be very interesting.

Just after they unlock the mysterious puzzle to enter Castle Raftel's treasure vault there will be a massive flash back just as the crew sees the first gleam of that treasure.
Or Roger's spirit returns and guides them. Or the One Piece was inside them all along.
I almost forgot about Buggy. That would be hilarious too, haha. I bet Oda has great plans for Usopp and Buggy.
Not sure Buggy will be the PK but definitelt a Yonkou. Such an interesting character tbh, turns the legitimacy of the strength scaling on it's head.
As for Usopp, I bet my left nut he's gonna get conqueror's Haki and be a great warrior of the sea. Observation was just the beginning!

Red Fire

Okay boys I'm gettin ready now, gonna go watch one piece film gold in 2 hours &#128525;

Just watched heart of gold
on 2x speed because i had no time
and it was really great! Really awesome artstyle and the plot was interesting and all. Really good. I have high hopes in the movie now!

Oh and watched episode 0 gold or whatever that 10 mins thing was, i love seeing franky in action so it was cool too &#128513;

I can't wait! 2 houuuuurrrrrsssss!

Okay boys I'm gettin ready now, gonna go watch one piece film gold in 2 hours &#55357;&#56845;

and it was really great! Really awesome artstyle and the plot was interesting and all. Really good. I have high hopes in the movie now!

Oh and watched episode 0 gold or whatever that 10 mins thing was, i love seeing franky in action so it was cool too &#55357;&#56833;

Have fun! Expecting live oopdates
What if...Roger is Garp's brother? And that's why he wanted Luffy to not take after his uncle?
Ehhh...that applies whether they're related or not. I like the idea of Roger and Luffy not being related by blood but by will.

Ray Down

Banned
Okay boys I'm gettin ready now, gonna go watch one piece film gold in 2 hours &#128525;

Oh and watched episode 0 gold or whatever that 10 mins thing was, i love seeing franky in action so it was cool too &#128513;

Have Fun :)

I like that too. Either way, I find either better than Roger being Luffy or something. lol

Yeah that would be weird AF.

Greg from OPP has a cool theory about "the voice of all things" relating to a potential Spirit World" in the One Piece world that is hidden/suppressed by the WG. Both Roger and Luffy were born or inherited the ability to hear the voices in this world.

Pre cool shiet.

Oh, if you're interested, check this out: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/07/22/the-one-piece-connection/

It's a really cool analysis on the whole OP plot and where it might be heading.

Nibel

Just came back home from watching One Piece Gold..

..and it was dope! Great presentation, well paced and lots of interesting (and surprising) cameos. I think the thing I liked most about this is the fact that this doesn't really feel like a side-story but has its place in the main story (lots of references to recent events etc.).

The story has some neat nods to some Hollywood movies and despite the story being predictable it has some very cool twists and turns. I enjoyed the cast of villains, especially the main villain who has a level of depth that I didn't expect. Without wanting to oversell him: if you think about him and his story, it's kinda
tragic
(spoilered since it might give away too much for some people, lol) in some ways.

The only thing I really disliked are the fan service moments and the amount of half-naked woman with huge breasts. Going Veelk right now but man.. some of that stuff was just so blatant and bad. Like, this is supposed to be a family movie and there are elements in here that are just pure, dumb fanservice which feels so corny. Oda needs to get the fuck out of puberty tbh

All in all, a great movie which I'm sure most of you will enjoy

IHaveIce

Banned
Just came back home from watching One Piece Gold..

..and it was dope! Great presentation, well paced and lots of interesting (and surprising) cameos. I think the thing I liked most about this is the fact that this doesn't really feel like a side-story but has its place in the main story (lots of references to recent events etc.).

The story has some neat nods to some Hollywood movies and despite the story being predictable it has some very cool twists and turns. I enjoyed the cast of villains, especially the main villain who has a level of depth that I didn't expect. Without wanting to oversell him: if you think about him and his story, it's kinda
tragic
(spoilered since it might give away too much for some people, lol) in some ways.

The only thing I really disliked are the fan service moments and the amount of half-naked woman with huge breasts. Going Veelk right now but man.. some of that stuff was just so blatant and bad. Like, this is supposed to be a family movie and there are elements in here that are just pure, dumb fanservice which feels so corny. Oda needs to get the fuck out of puberty tbh

All in all, a great movie which I'm sure most of you will enjoy

Any surprise cameos that weren't announced before? in spoilers maybe? :)

Nibel

Phew.. I didn't keep up with the announcements, so I'm not sure how much of these are actual surprises

- Akainu
- CP0 Rob Lucci
- Sabo and Koala
- Spandam
- Absalom
- Wanze

No clue who of these has been shown before :/ I was on media blackout and surprised to see some of these guys

How was the music and comedy?

From what I've been hearing for the OP moives this is probably the best one in those categories.

Music was great, especially in the 'climax' moments. As for comedy: there is a ton of funny shit happening in this movie. My whole theater had tons of fun

Ray Down

Banned

I'm pretty sure you see Momousagi and Chaton, the two vice admirals that were considered for the two vacant admirals spots before Fugitora and Ryokugyu were chosen.

Good to hear the music is good considering how much that can impact scenes, I hear the tracks for Gear 4 Luffy are awesome.

I'm pretty sure you see Momousagi and Chaton, the two vice admirals that were considered for the two vacant admirals spots before Fugitora and Ryokugyu were chosen.

Good to hear the music is good considering how much that can impact scenes, I hear the tracks for Gear 4 Luffy are awesome.

I heard the soundtrack is going on sale in Japan tomorrow, which means we'll probably see the entire sound track on youtube very soon

How was the music and comedy?

From what I've been hearing for the OP moives this is probably the best one in those categories.

it definitly is, just watched it 2 hours ago and i have to say the comedy is great, haven´t laughed that much in a cinema for a long time :D

There also was a cameo of
Pandaman as an actual wrestler
. I spottet
Momousagi when the strawhats first enter the VIP room but completely missed Chaton.
When did he appear?

My whole theatre had a great time and I'd really like to see it a second time. Liked it more than Strong World and Film Z.

Red Fire

Thanks guys!

Yeah it was great! The first time i have watched an anime movie in theatres since.. the second pokemon movie! So it was a great experience alone for that.

The movie was awesome! Liked the (kinda deep) story, together with heart of gold and the episode 0 gold that tied directly to the movie. The bad guys and their abilities were great too
and a little OP
. Liked the animation. And the pace was good too. And a lot of cameos and references
even pandaman doing his main thing, wrestling

Tons of boobs and asses but I'm a man and love some fanservice so it was great &#128514; it was also cool to see
some interaction between characters that never met in the manga
without spoiling too much.

Comedy was on point, the whole theatre was laughing all the time. All in all you could see that everybody had a good time so it was 100% worth it. Really cool experience!

Only thing that's weird is that it plays after dressrosa but all of the strawhats are together which doesn't make any sense but whatever haha

The spoilers make me think that
Jinbei's punishment was that he'd have to marry Big Mom and he was like nope. Or maybe the entire newspaper article is BS

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Also, how many people here have been following the manga since 2003 when it came to the US (or before)? I remember my first encounter with One Piece was around August or September of 2003 when my dad brought home issue 7 of Shonen Jump because one of his co-workers didn't want it. I remember One Piece was the first story in there, they were on Chapter 12: Dog. I was instantly hooked. I guess the relatively simplistic artstyle also helped it stand out against the other series in there. I still have a copy of that issue.

turmoil

Banned
I've always wondered if it would be stupid or great or both if one of the Ancient Weapons was a giant mecha, Franky-style

It would be SUPER

I was looking for those bored nami and robin reaction faces when something amazing happens in google, only to find tits, tits and then
more tits

Totally unexpected

RomanceDawn

Also, how many people here have been following the manga since 2003 when it came to the US (or before)? I remember my first encounter with One Piece was around August or September of 2003 when my dad brought home issue 7 of Shonen Jump because one of his co-workers didn't want it. I remember One Piece was the first story in there, they were on Chapter 12: Dog. I was instantly hooked. I guess the relatively simplistic artstyle also helped it stand out against the other series in there. I still have a copy of that issue.

Cool man! I didn't start One Piece until 2004 with the 4kids anime adaption. I was actually extremely interested when I saw Kuro and Sanji fighting, I really wanted to see what the show was all about. It wasn't until about 2005 that I just impulse bought all the VIZ books available at the time. I think the latest book was at Little Garden or something. It wasn't until 08 that I discovered scanlations and such.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Cool man! I didn't start One Piece until 2004 with the 4kids anime adaption. I was actually extremely interested when I saw Kuro and Sanji fighting, I really wanted to see what the show was all about. It wasn't until about 2005 that I just impulse bought all the VIZ books available at the time. I think the latest book was at Little Garden or something. It wasn't until 08 that I discovered scanlations and such.

Duuude, I remember going on some MSN site that had fan translations of the entire manga up to that point (this was like 2007 or so), and that's how I found out about arcs like Water Seven. I remember the very last chapter that site uploaded was at the very beginning of Thriller Bark when Brook first appeared. Good times.

Also, I don't remember Kuro fighting Sanji lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Supposedly I was reading this since around 2001 or 2002, whenever it first popped up online via only one scanlation group.

Back in the dark days when Naruto and Bleach were getting weekly updates and One Piece we'd wait a few weeks for a new chapter.

I'm sure the Kave back then wouldn't imagine that he'd end up with 30+ volumes and colour walk books. :3

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I also started around 2003/2004, a friend had a bunch of issues of Viz Jump. One Piece stood out to me the most. I remember the last issue had the cliffhanger of Buggy recognizing Shanks hat, and then I went searching for more. Found the MSN fan sites and Kaizoku-Fansubs. Maaan those were dark times.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I started back in 2005 with Kaizoku-Fansubs. My friend sent me a clip of the Laboon ep (the Crocus gag) and I was so entranced by how weird everything was that I asked him to send me the full ep. I caught up in two weeks and have been hooked ever since. The initial ride up until Water 7 will always be my absolute favorite stretch of the series because that's where the manga was when I started reading. OP was also the first series to make me check out the manga when I heard it was ahead of the show. Little did I know how far behind Kaizoku was at the time...

I believe my first exposure to One Piece was the 4Kids dub back when I was a kid (didn't like it back then either). I actually got into One Piece in like 2008 I think, but I don't really remember tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom