• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Film Gold is coming out in some many countries later today....not one screen here...........

giphy.gif

Just watched the heart of gold special. It was pretty fun. Animation was great and story was fun. And it actually does tie into why they go to Gran Tesoro in the first place in film gold and hint at one of the characters we'll see in it. I hope film gold comes to America soon

Just watched the heart of gold special. It was pretty fun. Animation was great and story was fun. And it actually does tie into why they go to Gran Tesoro in the first place in film gold and hint at one of the characters we'll see in it. I hope film gold comes to America soon
That special really surprised me actually. Everyone did something, it had the comedy,the adventure feel, the actual feels, great story. Luffy wasn't weakened he actually was messing around the first time playing with him and the second the guy had an outside source power him up and he still didn't really take much effort. I enjoyed it

Ray Down

Banned
That special really surprised me actually. Everyone did something, it had the comedy,the adventure feel, the actual feels, great story. Luffy wasn't weakened he actually was messing around the first time playing with him and the second the guy had an outside source power him up and he still didn't really take much effort. I enjoyed it

Yep, can't wait for a dub but the girl kept reminding me of JoJo for some reason, maybe her animation.

Yep, can't wait for a dub but the girl kept reminding me of JoJo for some reason, maybe her animation.
Is that the style she was in? Me and my lady was like she stands out alot! Lol don't watch Jojo so I didn't know where it was from but her animation was completely different. I mean it worked so cool.

Edit:yea funimation has said they plan to do all TV specials as well. 3d2y is coming this fall so probably expect the special early 2017

Ray Down

Banned

Just adding again, I like how they showed/reminded us has Usopp CoO

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Do I need to watch the recent filler to understand the special?

You guys aren't comparing Sanji's story to the right GoT character.

A young heir to a once all-powerful sea-faring kingdom who never got his father's love....

uq3ZJJs.jpg

Better keep an eye on your junk, Sanji.

Metal B

You guys aren't comparing Sanji's story to the right GoT character.

A young heir to a once all-powerful sea-faring kingdom who never got his father's love....

uq3ZJJs.jpg

Better keep an eye on your junk, Sanji.
It was already introduce, that Big Mama takes away something from you, if you don't want to play by her rules. Maybe we have already a dickless Jinbei.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been rewatching Marineford as the dub keep trucking along.

The finale of this series is going to be King of the Pirates Buggy D. Clown versus Go D. Usopp.

convo

Who is Greg?

The biggest western One Piece fan and english teacher who made it to japanese quiz-shows for one piece twice and writes for the official japanese one piece site. Also appeared and still shows up on the unofficial op-podcast before all that and so people are really proud of how far he's come being a one piece fan. Met Oda and his editors on several occasions and gifted him a GoT season. There probably doesn't exist an english speaking one piece fan who has mapped out all One Piece knowledge as he has.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sanji's strength is in his Observation Haki.
Oda confirmed this. Zoro's strength is Armament Haki and Luffy's strength is Conqueror's Haki.

Dimmle

The flashback in this recent chapter has me a little confused. Zeff's sacrifice showed Sanji the virtue of never wasting food and began his culinary career but now... he was born a chef with a heart of gold?

The flashback in this recent chapter has me a little confused. Zeff's sacrifice showed Sanji the virtue of never wasting food and began his culinary career but now... he was born a chef with a heart of gold?
Sanji was interesting in cooking before zeff tho. Zeff just seemed to be accepting of his giving food to anyone. Never got the notion he got it from him

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I mean, he was already a chef's apprentice before he met Zeff... it makes sense.

He was a chef on a luxury cruise that Zeff's crew attacked.

Zeff just made him into a better chef. Sanji cooks for him and Zeff thinks his food is shit which pushes him even harder.

I bet it's his mother that taught him how to cook, or introduced him to it. The family seems really patriarchal so I wouldn't be surprised.
I just hope that she's the only decent person in this irredeemable family.

Dimmle

Sanji was interesting in cooking before zeff tho. Zeff just seemed to be accepting of his giving food to anyone. Never got the notion he got it from him

He was a chef on a luxury cruise that Zeff's crew attacked.

Zeff just made him into a better chef. Sanji cooks for him and Zeff thinks his food is shit which pushes him even harder.
Thanks guys, I just completely forgot about that detail.

I hope we hear how he began an interest in the culinary arts.

I rarely enjoy the anime but that special was really good. Dat soundtrack. My expectations for Film Gold are high now.
Guess whos got a ticket :3

Also, why did they make a feature length special to promote a feature film lol
I wonder why they put so much efford into it. The animation is great, it has its own soundtack, and the characters are somehow actually likeable and well designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom