• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it as Sanji objecting to the marriage, not Pudding herself.

Yeah, it's still coherent but it doesn't look like the normal lovey dovey Sanji to me, he said "I have no intention of marrying that girl". I just found weird that he doesn't even call her by name, no Pudding-chan or something like that. He doesn't show any sign of affection to her (I know the situation isn't favorable but still). Pudding made me imagine the situation like he was really into her but he was making a sacrifice to go with his friends.

When Reiju asks Sanji if she is a sweetheart he goes silent and Oda cuts the scene to show Judge, so we don't have Sanji's answer in the end.

Kreed

One Piece 834:

and the argument doesn't exist anymore since she confirmed it this chapter to a bunch of people she has no interest in lying to

That's true. There would be no reason to lie to Big Mom's people about meeting Sanji since they would know the truth anyway. It's still possible that Pudding is hiding something about how she met Sanji due to way Pudding described him and the way Oda drew Sanji (it could be Sanji didn't act as great as she described and her imagination got carried away though, since Sanji hasn't said anything bad about her). Also the Straw Hats coming to meet Pudding in a place where there is a "Seducing Woods" nearby is suspicious, especially since Pudding didn't warn them about it. But it's probably better to assume she's innocent at this point unless more "flags" show up.

One Piece 834:

That's true. There would be no reason to lie to Big Mom's people about meeting Sanji since they would know the truth anyway. It's still possible that Pudding is hiding something about how she met Sanji due to way Pudding described him and the way Oda drew Sanji (it could be Sanji didn't act as great as she described and her imagination got carried away though, since Sanji hasn't said anything bad about her). Also the Straw Hats coming to meet Pudding in a place where there is a "Seducing Woods" nearby is suspicious, especially since Pudding didn't warn them about it. But it's probably better to assume she's innocent at this point unless more "flags" show up.

She could also have met a fake Sanji and she is not aware of it. But, yeah, for now, it's better to assume she is telling the truth.

Also that licky guy is totally Willy wonka.

And since ceaser decided to spend the funds of a yonko on booze and women he should change his laugh to yololololo cuz he clearly don't give a damn

Panzon

What an awesome chapter. I am loving this arc thus far and just want to see Sanji go HAM on fools.

Started reading and watching the anime simultaneously in 2009. It's been a hell of a ride and I can't wait to re-read the whole thing again once it ends in 20 years from now

Whoa, this was a packed chapter.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pudding. She's preoccupied trying out dresses for her wedding, but that could be a cover. Not sure whether she didn't tell Sanji or this is all "according to plan" for her.

Caesar is hamming it up. I adore the way this selfish jackass can make up bullshit on the spot better than Usopp. lol

Pekoms ain't dead.

Capone's kid tho...
giphy.gif

I'm expecting Ceasar to spend those two weeks building a massive bomb.

I love this idea. #Caesar4Nakama

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pudding. She's preoccupied trying out dresses for her wedding, but that could be a cover. Not sure whether she didn't tell Sanji or this is all "according to plan" for her.

She didn't tell him but it seems they didn't let her contact Sanji although she had one entire day to pass the message. I wonder if she has the power to overrule Tamago as Big Mom's daughter.

By the way, we had two more children (Perospero and Chiffon) introducted this chapter with their names on the introduction box and Pudding weirdly never got hers. Maybe Oda will finally reveal it when she shows her third eye?

tumblr_ob13e6j1py1v8mfjmo2_250.jpg

"Kill me."

Hits puberty first than Luffy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pekoms,pudding,pedro
3p's
4 road poneglphys
4-3=1
Only two P's are legit telling the truth
Truth rhymes with poof
Poof is how a magician makes a rabbit come out of its hat........

Yooooo carrot for strawhat confirmed

This checks out guys. I ran it through some sort of science machine.

I'd describe the machine but you need to be a doctor or something to understand.

He's sleazy, two-faced, untrustworthy, and he unapologetically poisoned and experimented on children.

He's a fun character, but he's never going to be a potential Straw Hat.

On the flip side we have a fun, adventurous,somewhat deadly and hilarious ally with the crew right now who would be a great fit and add something the crew needs. Wink wink oda

He's sleazy, two-faced, untrustworthy, and he unapologetically poisoned and experimented on children.

He's a fun character, but he's never going to be a potential Straw Hat.

Yeah this. I actually really enjoy his antics and his blatant bullshit, but he's not Straw Hat material. He's too shitty a person, and not even redeemably so like Robin or Franky were initially

Bandini

Yeah this. I actually really enjoy his antics and his blatant bullshit, but he's not Straw Hat material. He's too shitty a person, and not even redeemably so like Robin or Franky were initially

We just didn't have the full story on Robin and Franky initially... and even if we never did get it, you could say they did what they had to do.

There's no amount of explaining that could redeem Caesar Clown.

The bits of Caesar characterization were funny and made him slightly more tolerable. Only slightly though. I can never understand people wanting him to join SH. He's irredeemable asshole.

cntr

Banned
All of Caesar's new characterization is jokes at his expense, even Big Mom threatening to kill him is framed like a joke

NSESN

Honestly, i don't want anyone from this arc as a SH, maybe Pekoms but only maybe. I still don't have much affection for Brook, i would prefer Oda gives him more time in the spotlight, Law looks more of a SH to me than him.

RomanceDawn

I'm glad Jinbei is forcibly held back now. Before I was trying to think of how is role would work in this arc if Jinbe took a punishment and then was just allowed to leave while Luffy and the rest are F'ing ship up. This much more so than Hody clearly puts Jinbei on a level lower than Luffy where he has no choice but to rely on him and the other Straw Hats.

This was a fantastic chapter, so much going on!

With the government trying to make giants for centuries I think with subjects like Oars they succeeded somewhat. Thinking back to that horned Oars like skull on Punk Hazard along with Law's mental image of Oars while discussing the governments involvements with giants makes me think this.

Oars comes from his own race/isle of giants for sure and in an SBS Oda described him as that one big kid who is always bigger than everyone else in the class. I think that maybe just maybe the Oars line specifically is big like that because of the governments meddling while the rest of his race are comparatively shorter like typical giants.

I suppose it can be chalked up to some sort of Captain America Super Soldier Serum. Maybe the original Continent Puller Oars was relatively normal sized but was experimented on. Those experiments were lost within the government but were carried on in the genes of Oars II and then White Beards ally Oars III. Just throwing a few things out there.

Maybe if Caesar doesn't spend his 2 weeks building a big ol' bomb or Return of the Land of the Dead Returns maybe he actually will figure something out that propels the giant story further beyond whats going on at Whole Cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom