• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really wondering who's been leaking the information about the Strawhats to Big Mom now.

Their is no traitor the strawhats have been watched ever since they got to Big Moms islands. Big Mom does not need anyone to get close to the strawhats to spy on them when the plants and other things can do that for you. If you look closely on the page where Baron Tamago shows the posters of Brook and Pedro and Brook and Pedro are wondering how they got all the intel on them you can see two flowers spying on Brook and Pedro. It could have been any object that was doing the spying a spoon, a fork, a towel, a fruit or a vegetable anything literally. The reason Pudding was probably being watched so closely is because they probably were spying heard the plan and decided to keep a much closer watch on her so the plan did not go through.

smurfx

get some go again
Wonder what Capone is planning with BM?

Is he doing it alone and taking control of her network or is he also in an Alliance?
if he's allied with somebody then it has to be with whatever the hell sucked him up into the sky that one time. we still haven't seen what that was and so far big mom hasn't shown her being able to do anything like that. perhaps that thing was created by sanji's family since they do have advanced technology.

Probably a coincidence. Not sure what the point of any connection would be.
She is also a swordswoman and has a dream. Maybe it's nothing special but I always had the impression Oda would give a proper explanation about this Kuina/Tashigi resemblance that is not only meant to annoy Zoro.

Maybe she will appear in Wano, since the place looks like a swordsman paradise.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kuina looks like Tashigi because all women in One Piece look the same

Well I mean, it always hinted there was more to Tashigi and it never went anywhere.

It seemed for a while that Tashigi's swordsmanship would grow as Zoro's did but now she's just whatever.

U was recently thinking about the Zoannfruits and realized we haven't seen a Tiger zoan yet. Do you think that person could be one of the 3 Kaido calamities?

RomanceDawn

Oda is definitely going somewhere with Tashigi and don't mean obvious end game stuff with the reformed Marines. Almost overtime we see her there is a point made to her about being weak and her more than anyone wears her heart on her sleeve when it comes to such things. She has goals and I'm sure she will accomplish them in part but Oda is definitely going somewhere with her. We just gotta wait for that pay off. And it won't be anything like long lost Kuina I can assure you that.

@Thegreatdirector
I'd assume if Kaidou has a Tiger Zoan in his crew it's going to be a saber toothed tiger. He already has the Mastadon(more or less), Tyrannosaurus and he is without a doubt the dragon, so Saber Toothed Tiger would fit right in with them. It will take the Pterodactyl and Triceratops to round it all out through.

That is of course if Oda would choose those Super Sentai/Power Rangers when that version was the most famous in America I believe.

Ray Down

Banned
Oda is definitely going somewhere with Tashigi and don't mean obvious end game stuff with the reformed Marines. Almost overtime we see her there is a point made to her about being weak and her more than anyone wears her heart on her sleeve when it comes to such things. She has goals and I'm sure she will accomplish them in part but Oda is definitely going somewhere with her. We just gotta wait for that pay off. And it won't be anything like long lost Kuina I can assure you that.

@Thegreatdirector
I'd assume if Kaidou has a Tiger Zoan in his crew it's going to be a saber toothed tiger. He already has the Mastadon(more or less), Tyrannosaurus and he is without a doubt the dragon, so Saber Toothed Tiger would fit right in with them. It will take the Pterodactyl and Triceratops to round it all out through.

That is of course if Oda would choose those Super Sentai/Power Rangers when that version was the most famous in America I believe.

Maybe she will show up in Wano?

Well obviously, I think the original question was more so about her connection to Kuina which has been a crack theory since the dawn of time.

If Tashigi is a reincarnated Kuina (as Ray said impossible since she's older), is her sister, ate the Kuina Kuina fruit, I will suck all the dicks available.

awesome prediction from reddit

Pudding gets very worried about Luffy and others' safety and decides she can't wait anymore, so she uses her extremely strong DF power to one shot Baron Tamago and his subordinates. She then hurries to the Seducing Forest and defeats Brûlée with a single move. Chopper and Nami are awestruck by her strength. She smiles and tells them she is in fact the Second in Command in Big Mom's crew and has a bounty of 3.5 billion. Luffy, extremely surprised and grateful for her help, and asks her to join the crew. She gladly accepts the invitation.

awesome prediction from reddit

Since Sabo isn't dead, and we never saw him die, I'm betting Kuina isn't actually dead either.

One Piece applies the rule of "if you see them die, they died" but if they "died" off screen, then there's a chance they're alive. We didn't actually see Kuina die. Of the important characters in the series who have died - Roger, Ace, Ace's mom, Bellemere - we have seen those deaths.

Kuina is alive.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since Sabo is dead, and we never saw him die, I'm betting Kuina isn't actually dead either.

I know this is the manga thread and all but they made Sabo surviving painfully clear in the anime version and that was years before his official reveal of him being alive in the manga.

I know this is the manga thread and all but they made Sabo surviving painfully clear in the anime version and that was years before his official reveal of him being alive in the manga.

Well, in the manga, it's not so clear. It's very vague. It's foreshadowed, but not exactly a complete confirmation. I thought he was alive the whole time and I remember getting into debates with people thinking he was alive.

Speaking as a manga reader only, of course.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, in the manga, it's not so clear. It's very vague. It's foreshadowed, but not exactly a complete confirmation. I thought he was alive the whole time and I remember getting into debates with people thinking he was alive.

Speaking as a manga reader only, of course.

It is vague in the manga but a few months later the anime came around and put that question to rest.

To be fair you should be skeptical of any death in One Piece not in a flashback. There's a ton of people especially in Alabasta and Skypiea arcs who were basically killed right in front of other characters who show up just fine. No one gets got "on camera" until Ace and Whitebeard, and they clearly die.

To be fair you should be skeptical of any death in One Piece not in a flashback. There's a ton of people especially in Alabasta and Skypiea arcs who were basically killed right in front of other characters who show up just fine. No one gets got "on camera" until Ace and Whitebeard, and they clearly die.

You're one of those Monet Alive-ers aren't you?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're one of those Monet Alive-ers aren't you?

That would take some doing, so no, I'm not.

She did die on an island of mad science/medicine/robot nonsense though, stranger things have happened.

I'd be less shocked if Vigo somehow made it out though.

Monet going surprise wouldn't shock me like Kuina showing back up would.

It is vague in the manga but a few months later the anime came around and put that question to rest.

There's no one "killed" in front of other characters in those arcs. The only characters who we have seen have definitive deaths are Ace, Roger, Monet, Virgo, and Ace's mother.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no one "killed" in front of other characters in those arcs. The only characters who we have seen have definitive deaths are Ace, Roger, Monet, Virgo, and Ace's mother.

Pell and Igaram are shown getting blown the hell up. There's a ton of people who get zorched from on high by Enel and you're supposed to think they're dead.

Whitebeard also most certainly got got.

Pell and Igaram are shown getting blown the hell up. There's a ton of people who get zorched from on high by Enel and you're supposed to think they're dead.

Whitebeard also most certainly got got.

I forgot about WB.

Pell "died" but came back just a few minutes later. It was a fake out. Oda loves doing that. Also, you never see them actually die. You see Igram's ship blow up, not Igram himself die. You don't see Pell get caught in the bomb; You see the bomb explode. There's a distinction. Like I said, if you don't see a corpse or a scene with them confirmed as dead, they're alive. That's how One Piece works. It uses Gundam rules.

However, you do see Bellemere get shot to death. You do see Tom get skewered and murdered. One Piece is clear when someone dies.

I just read the Zoro flashback and they do show her for two panels with a towel over her face. So she's either dead or something else is afoot but I've never really taken Tashigi's resemblance to Kuina as merely "they look the same lol". There always seems to be more at work. Oda, we need answers. ;_;

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I forgot about WB.

Pell "died" but came back just a few minutes later. It was a fake out. Oda loves doing that. Also, you never see them actually die. You see Igram's ship blow up, not Igram himself die. You don't see Pell get caught in the bomb; You see the bomb explode. There's a distinction. Like I said, if you don't see a corpse or a scene with them confirmed as dead, they're alive. That's how One Piece works. It uses Gundam rules.

However, you do see Bellemere get shot to death. You do see Tom get skewered and murdered. One Piece is clear when someone dies.

Yea, one of the things you can definitely say about Oda is that he makes it abundantly clear when someone dies.

Stop fishing for dat tag.
The absolute last thing on my mind

Since Sabo isn't dead, and we never saw him die, I'm betting Kuina isn't actually dead either.

One Piece applies the rule of "if you see them die, they died" but if they "died" off screen, then there's a chance they're alive. We didn't actually see Kuina die. Of the important characters in the series who have died - Roger, Ace, Ace's mom, Bellemere - we have seen those deaths.

Kuina is alive.
As said, Sabo's death was ridiculously obvious. There's a page in the manga right after showing Dragon's ship and someone yelling about getting treatment. Sabo's re-insertion into the plot was predictable and there was a point to it, Kuina's would be random as fuck after all this time.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be an overdone cliche to bring back a childhood friend for no apparent reason.

IMHO, if the spirit world theory turns out true, then I could see Zoro interacting with her again like Luffy and Ace might.

Meh swap pudding for Carrot.
Spoilers,
CARROT IS CAPTURED

MANUELF

Banned
The Spoilers are sweeter than candy
So the men buried in the earth is Capones wife and Lola father and Nami FINALLY realizes Lola mom is Big Mom and since she has her vivire card I expect they will reach her easy enough and rescue both Chopper and Carrot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom